Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rogue One

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Does anyone happen to know which new movie(s) might have this trailer attached?

I haven't been able to buy the new SW dvd/bd home release yet (and don't have access to a TV or a player or even a home right now anyway), so I'm getting up early to go see Ep. VII in theaters again this morning because why not, lol. Plus, I've pretty much set aside the entire day so I can theater-hop from movie-to-movie till the theater closes, and I would LOVE to see the new trailer on the big screen as many times as possible asap, w00t.

Which reminds me, I'm pretty sure this will be my 27th time seeing Ep. VII in theaters! Kinda bummed my life ran off the rails while it was in the middle of its theater run, which kept me from seeing it as much as I'd have liked...but that'll have to do for now. I guess I'll just have to wait to beat my record for seeing the last two Transformers films until the next time around! This one definitely looks like it's gonna be worth it, that's for goddamned sure. Mmm.

Oh, and don't worry, I'll save my stub and post pix later, lol.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    A score without John Williams I believe will be ok in my book. I feel they will do right by fans and give us something that we are not expecting from a different composer. Things are a changin', and couldn't be any more excited for this shit. Still pretty surreal that we are getting this lineup of Star Wars movies. It's a great time to be a nerd!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Well, I successfully theater-hopped from 10 am to 2am and pretty much watched every goddamned movie they were showing there (Midnight Special and Hardcore Henry are FUCKING AWESOME, btw), but none of them had the trailer for this movie attached to them.

Maybe next week, I guess.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Because it will, in all likelihood, premiere before Civil War.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. Wish I could've scored tickets to one of those early screenings!

I'll still check back at theater next week anyway, though.

If if nothing else I'll at least get to see Ep. VII again, so it's all good.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I read somewhere that Tatiana Maslany was up for the lead role in this. I quite like Felicity Jones, but it would've been nice to see Maslany break out into movies in a big way in a Star Wars production. She's one of the best actresses I've seen working today, and I could easily see her doing a hardened military spy, and what the hell, several other mo-capped aliens in between takes, just for kicks.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Slightly off topic, but since we don't have a thread for it, Alden Ehrenreich is apparently the frontrunner to be the young Han Solo.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    What I would like to see in the new movie:

Biggs
    Palpatine
    Tarkin
    Vader
    Exterior and interior of Death Star

What I Don't want to see:

Prequel-esque political intrigue
    Romance, or keep it light

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Prequel-esque political intrigue
    Speak for yourself. I, for one, am dying to hear more about the Trade Federation negotiations. I'm really hoping these anthology movies result in us getting an in-depth meetings-based movie set between Episode I and Episode II. I need to know what happens when the democracy we were serving no longer exists.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I see what you did there.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Speak for yourself. I, for one, am dying to hear more about the Trade Federation negotiations. I'm really hoping these anthology movies result in us getting an in-depth meetings-based movie set between Episode I and Episode II. I need to know what happens when the democracy we were serving no longer exists.
    Yes, and how about a stand alone movie about uncle Owen and aunt Beru and what the harvest was like on Tatooine.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    I read somewhere that Tatiana Maslany was up for the lead role in this. I quite like Felicity Jones, but it would've been nice to see Maslany break out into movies in a big way in a Star Wars production. She's one of the best actresses I've seen working today, and I could easily see her doing a hardened military spy, and what the hell, several other mo-capped aliens in between takes, just for kicks.
    THIS. Mah girl is highly overrated, it's sickening.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Some rumors about a possible villain.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/new-details-o...meo-1775035203

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Some rumors about a possible villain.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/new-details-o...meo-1775035203
    Makes sense. Wonder how big of a role/appearance it'll be...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The one picture of stromtroopers in what appears to be a straight up tank is intriguing...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    That part you see briefly in the teaser trailer.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For sure, I just mean I wonder what the context of it'll be...if we're going to see similar vehicles!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rogue One undertaking four weeks of reshoots this summer to 'lighten the mood' and 'bring more levity and a sense of adventure to the tone' of the movie. Disney execs were apparently none too pleased with the cut they were shown...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Rogue One undertaking four weeks of reshoots this summer to 'lighten the mood' and 'bring more levity and a sense of adventure to the tone' of the movie. Disney execs were apparently none too pleased with the cut they were shown...
    that sucks. i was really looking forward to a dark film.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    ... I don't get it. Where'd that all get announced, or is this just another Suicide Squad where it's more exciting for clickbait sites to spin a narrative on pick-ups and reshoots than to just say the simple fact of "they're filming more and doing reshoots like almost every major movie ever made"? Like, a day ago I saw the announcement about reshoots, but nothing actually giving any reason behind it. Where's the source on that? I see zero reason to believe it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    That was just a gossip mag's version of the story, the reshoots were always in the plans due to filming an early draft of the script. There was a writer hired to do a bunch of rewrites during filming.

Here's someone from the inside...

I have colleagues who are working for one of the CG FX houses in London on this. Here's what I was told by one of them about a month ago:

Disney had already planned, and budgeted, for reshoots to be scheduled for this summer. The movie was rushed into production using early drafts of the script because they had to do so in order to meet the December 2016 release.
    So the plan was to shoot what script they had (though they did bring on Christopher McQuarrie to do rewrites while the film was shooting), put together an initial edit of the film with temp FX in, and scrutinize the result. From there, decisions would be made on what needed to be done to "punch up" the movie.
    The company these colleagues work for were being paid by Disney to remain "on call" to be ready to immediately work on new CG FX to go with whatever new footage is shot. At the time I was told this, they were twiddling around, waiting for the call, being paid by Disney to do nothing until they were needed to get back to work. (Disney has that amount of money to spend.)
    So I'm inclined to say that this gossip report that Disney is trying to save the movie or thinks what they have now is disappointing is BS.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sweet! That's great news. I too wouldn't mind a 'darker' tone...it's not like they haven't sort of, you know, touched upon that element in the universe already haha...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    That was just a gossip mag's version of the story, the reshoots were always in the plans due to filming an early draft of the script. There was a writer hired to do a bunch of rewrites during filming.

Here's someone from the inside...

I have colleagues who are working for one of the CG FX houses in London on this. Here's what I was told by one of them about a month ago:

Disney had already planned, and budgeted, for reshoots to be scheduled for this summer. The movie was rushed into production using early drafts of the script because they had to do so in order to meet the December 2016 release.
    So the plan was to shoot what script they had (though they did bring on Christopher McQuarrie to do rewrites while the film was shooting), put together an initial edit of the film with temp FX in, and scrutinize the result. From there, decisions would be made on what needed to be done to "punch up" the movie.
    The company these colleagues work for were being paid by Disney to remain "on call" to be ready to immediately work on new CG FX to go with whatever new footage is shot. At the time I was told this, they were twiddling around, waiting for the call, being paid by Disney to do nothing until they were needed to get back to work. (Disney has that amount of money to spend.)
    So I'm inclined to say that this gossip report that Disney is trying to save the movie or thinks what they have now is disappointing is BS.
    I hate how reshoots are announced as newsworthy and a sign that a movie is in trouble these days.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I liked the dark tone of the trailers. I was skeptical about these spin off films, but the trailers has it looking spot on, so the nature of the resorts is curious, for sure

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I liked the dark tone of the trailers. I was skeptical about these spin off films, but the trailers has it looking spot on, so the nature of the resorts is curious, for sure
    Reshoots happen on almost every large movie (and many smaller ones) and most directors would love to get to do more on their movies. It's not uncommon for them in the editing room to realize "We need to do pick-ups on this shot to make it look smoother" or "there should be something between these scenes." They very often even set time aside in advance for reshoots on a lot of films. Hell, there are some instances where a director gets permission to do more based on how strong what they shot was already -- David Ayer on Suicide Squad even described it as that, with Warner letting him add things in he'd wanted that didn't fit the original budget.

They're a practice that's very standard and rarely ever noteworthy but ever since Fant4stic it's something every cheap clickbait media site loves to speculate about because "troubling news in the production" is more interesting than "stunt double needs to re-do this ten second scene" or "actors do more takes so the dubbing in ADR is smoother."

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    More proof that the "reshoots are changing the entire movie" narrative is a big load of shit:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/03/rogue-one-reshoots

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    More proof that the "reshoots are changing the entire movie" narrative is a big load of shit:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/03/rogue-one-reshoots
    Compared to this report including a source at Pinewood, stating that the EW article was an attempt to wash over the actual reshoots...more specifically, the reshooting of damn near half the movie.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Oh I know exactly what this film needs....