Page 25 of 150 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'd love a pm with all those leaks discussed on last two pages, if it's not too much?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There is a dedicated thread for downloads on netphoria.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    That is indeed the place; just didn't want to say it out loud due to...well, file sharing concerns.

If you google "Albums that never were", you can find one soniclovenoize's reconstruction of what he believes is Billy's intended Machina tracklist which uses a bunch of different sources including some from the M1 Premaster.

Here's the piano version of Crying Tree of Mercury for anyone who never heard it. That should be fine as Billy himself put it up on his Myspace waaaaaaay back.

And from Archive.org, the only acoustic performance of The Imploding Voice. Rather nice.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 07-26-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    There is a dedicated thread for downloads on netphoria.
    Link, please?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I can't seem to find a readily available link for the premaster, but I can make it available at some point after the weekend (lot of stuff to do, including a road trip to Toronto for NIN/SG whoo) if nobody else finds it before then.

Also, from the Belly:

"Which maybe turns me to talk of the next, and last in the series from the Virgin years: MACHINA, with the deeper work beginning next week to cull together all the many parts. For that I’ve already tabbed Howard Willing to do the mixing, with me beside him, to try to bring out the dark, metallic, and muscular album #1 that lays buried beneath all the hazy insanity, and bring #2 into line. Expect a very, very different and illuminating work."

Yay!
    Of all the reissues, this is the one that I am most looking forward to. I'd love to hear Machina 1 and 2 with its proper sequencing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I should be excited for Adore (love that album!). But, ever since Machina was announced, that's the one I've mostly been waiting for.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I just got done listening to Quasar with my new pair of headpones, the Sony MDR7506 (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-P.../dp/B000AJIF4E). Holy cow, it's like listening to a completely different new record, there are so many layers to it! (this is my first high end pair of headphones -most of them feel uncomfortable to my ears so I've always stuck with the neckband type-). Can't wait to listen to The Fragile with these headphones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Could someone help me out? Way back when the remasters started, somewhere I remember reading that in addition to all of the albums receiving their own reissue, there would also be a similar remastered release collecting all the non-album, soundtrack, etc. material. Does anyone know where that was originally reported? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dionysus74 View Post
    Could someone help me out? Way back when the remasters started, somewhere I remember reading that in addition to all of the albums receiving their own reissue, there would also be a similar remastered release collecting all the non-album, soundtrack, etc. material. Does anyone know where that was originally reported? Thanks in advance.
    it seems like all of that stuff has just been part of the boxes, so i doubt that's happening anymore. (don't mean this in a snarky way at all)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Hoo boy. Grumblings from above about some of these tracks being intended for the Machina reissue, and "late night phone calls to say "don't bother including these as they're all over the internet now".

Ehh. He should just keep them on and not bother with the hassle, methinks.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Hoo boy. Grumblings from above about some of these tracks being intended for the Machina reissue, and "late night phone calls to say "don't bother including these as they're all over the internet now".

Ehh. He should just keep them on and not bother with the hassle, methinks.
    Wait....what? Who? The leaks are from the new Machina box?

This doesn't seem very likely to me.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It wouldn't surprise me. The Machina tapes started being transferred as far back as nearly a year ago, Billy had an entry about it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    has anyone else pre-ordered the Adore boxset from Amazon?

The product seems to have just disappeared....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    thanks for the link.

I still can't access that particular link when I try to access it from my "Order History". I get a page that says I have accessed a not functioning page...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hmmm...same here. Not sure why.

I cancelled the old one and ordered the new one. I think the new listing had more info and also mentioned the "auto-rip" of the album.
    Last edited by zaps30; 08-08-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just now listening to Adore for the first time in more than a decade. It's such an underrated an album, so much better than I remembered.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    More stuff popping up: "Envelope Woman", another Pastichio track (Billy directing the band as they play), and a slurr-tastic demo of Where Boys Fear To Tread, which is only my favorite fucking Pumpkins song.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    now the two pages are one in the same, because i just went to the new one FROM my order history and i had ordered it a while ago.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Finally.
    Quite similar to the leaked adore demos version, though.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It's good. Doesn't live up to 16 years of hype, but it's good.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I think I prefer the Machina rendition of LMGTWTY :|

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i prefer the machina II version as well, but this has some nice moments. the drumming sounds quite nice and the strings are excellent. the vocals are a bit too loud in the mix and in general the song seems to have less energy/vibe than the final version.

then again, i never expected this to deliver on the myth--- there's a reason it was left off of adore. as it stands, it would have made a solid b-side from that era.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    will judge properly when i get a version that isn't cooked from 14kHz and up. it doesn't just sound bad the way the Pisces bonuses sound bad, it sounds worse, like if Howie Weinberg put a "trash" plugin on the end of the mastering chain.

(it's just gonna be the same horrible VOKILLS!-overkill mix, but at least it won't sizzle... as much)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    cross-posted from the vinyl collectors thread:

the adore deluxe CD box set is only $85 + about $10 shipping (canadian dollars) on amazon.ca (which works out to about $86 US total compared to $99 without shipping on regular amazon)
    the aeroplane flies high VINYL box set is only $60 + about $10 shipping (again, canadian dollars) on amazon.ca (which works out to about $65 US total compared to $120 without shipping on regular amazon)

holy shit, that's a good fucking deal.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Billy plans on releasing a multi-volume collection of early demos
    Note how the article refers to the Pumpkins as "classic rock"....

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'm starting to suspect that Matt Walker may, in fact, reunite with TSP as their drummer. He not only worked heavily on Adore reissue but is also playing with Billy at his upcoming Aug/30 Ravinia show. The lineup for this show also includes Jeff, and Sierra Swan (I suppose on bass).
    Last edited by fillow; 08-15-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I'm starting to suspect that Matt Walker may, in fact, reunite with TSP as their drummer. He not only worked heavily on Adore reissue but is also playing with Billy at his upcoming Aug/30 Ravinia show. The lineup for this show also includes Jeff, and Sierra Swan (I suppose on bass).
    i'll ask him, but i don't know if he'll be able to confirm or not.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Billy interviewed by the Chicagoist: http://chicagoist.com/2014/08/15/int...lly_corgan.php

We have pavilion tix for the Ravinia show.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)