Page 334 of 485 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 336 344 384 434 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,020 of 14543

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    About a week ago, I was complaining about raw to someone. They just assumed "you're probably just growing out of it". Then I watch the dominion show today and it shows me that it's a wwe problem, not a wrestling problem.

Raw is in town tomorrow actually. Just a five minute drive. Am I going? Hell fucking no.

I really need to start minimizing the wwe. There's so much better stuff out there to follow. Haven't watched ROH in ages.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    About a week ago, I was complaining about raw to someone. They just assumed "you're probably just growing out of it". Then I watch the dominion show today and it shows me that it's a wwe problem, not a wrestling problem.

Raw is in town tomorrow actually. Just a five minute drive. Am I going? Hell fucking no.

I really need to start minimizing the wwe. There's so much better stuff out there to follow. Haven't watched ROH in ages.
    Oh, speaking of ROH..... Chuck Taylor made his ROH debut in a six-man tag match w/ Roppongi Vice (Rocky Romero & Trent Barretta) vs. the Bullet Club (Marty Scurl & the Young Bucks). I fucking love Chuck Taylor.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Joe/Brock pull apart.
    Joe kicks Lesnar in the face and bloodies his nose.
    #prayforjoe

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Joe/Brock pull apart.
    Joe kicks Lesnar in the face and bloodies his nose.
    #prayforjoe
    I just saw that on Twitter. Holy shit. I want these guys to kill each other. This is what we should have for WrestleMania next year instead of Brock vs. "This is my yard now".

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So now I think there's a rumor that the big announcement next week is.... UGH... Roman Reigns vs. John Cena.... SummerSlam..... BORING!!!!!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I can't stand watching wrestling on TV anymore.
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 06-13-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard tonight's RAW, barring the opening segment, was fucking shit. What a way to cheat your fans where you start off hot and then... *splat* w/ the same old shit. I can't wait for the ratings to drop BIG.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    wow, i like where this is going... I just hope this doesn't end up in a squash; I know that Lesnar is going to win this feud but that doesn't mean we can't have a competitive match...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Picks for money in the bank winners?
    Female - Becky Lynch or Carmella
    Male - Baron Corbin or Sami Zayn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Picks for money in the bank winners?
    Female - Becky Lynch or Carmella
    Male - Baron Corbin or Sami Zayn
    Those are my picks as well but I can't decide between them. Becky because a heel turn on Naomi would be great. Carmella because Ellsworth could do some great interference giving her the win. For example planting a kiss on Becky since there seems to be some kind of tension between the two. Plus him carrying the case for Carmella would be great. DUH. Corbin because he needs it more than AJ, Naka etc. Zayn because he's the ultimate underdog and I think he'll do a cash in challenge for a match at Summerslam.

Also anybody here on Topps SLAM?
    Last edited by quietime; 06-16-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah I feel that the winners will be a heel and a face. If Bex wins women's, Corbin wins men. If Carmella wins women's, Zayn wins men's. They could do some funny Carmell-sworth bits, too.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I'm going to AAW tonight. The card is great and I'm thinking Elgin will defeat Callihan for the big belt.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Male: Sami Zayn (then he loses the briefcase to Corbin in another match...)
    Female: Carmella

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There might be a surprise 6th entrant in the women's MITB match. That's the rumor anyway. I'm still leaning toward Carmella. Thinking Lana might beat Naomi. Not a 100% sold on it, but it's definitely a possibility. Originally, I was thinking Corbin was a lock. Now, i'm not so sure. Some think Nakamura. I don't think he needs a briefcase. And usually, if you win the briefcase, you're going to job a lot and be booked like a total doofus until you cash in. And they've been making Zayn out to be a total dweeb. So yeah, maybe it'll be Zayn. Jinder keeps the belt. Probably your screwy finish of the night. Plus, it's Borton's hometown. No babyface ever goes over in their hometown. Not even Blandy Boreton.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Mahal will retain; i don't see the point to make Boreton win the title again.
    I heard the surprise entrant for the women's MITB match could be Maria, i hope it's true

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maria is there, so it's possible. They're also teasing Nikki Bella. Bella is due to comeback at some point. Probably before summerslam too. Personally, I'd keep maria out of the ring and just manage. That's where she belongs anyway.
    Last edited by Piko; 06-18-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I missed all Maria's indie work, so i don't know if she has gotten better in the ring or if she's just a plain valet. Nikki makes more sense but she won't win (hopefully...)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I haven't seen any of her indie work. I know her promo work is pretty solid. She's great. Complete opposite of what she was in her last wwe run. She's probably more over than her husband. I don't remember her ever being a good worker though.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Terrible finish--way to promote and empower your women superstars by having a man win the match for his woman.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I dunno... Maybe they went for that? Either way, they got the controversial/heat ending. It was a heel afterall. I'm 50/50 on it. Wonder if we're going to get a cash in tonight. Wins it, and before they can take it back on smackdown, she wins the title? But, it's Ellsworth. His character's a dweeb.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Mahal retains once again w/ the help from the Singh Brothers. He's a bum. How can anyone take him seriously when he has to have a couple of lackeys win as well as giving Meekmahan a boner because of his steroid-drenched body? Plus, fuck Blandy Boreton.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Mahal retains once again w/ the help from the Singh Brothers. He's a bum. How can anyone take him seriously when he has to have a couple of lackeys win as well as giving Meekmahan a boner because of his steroid-drenched body? Plus, fuck Blandy Boreton.
    lol

I read the results of this turdfest online, and saved myself three hours of life in doing so. Jinder the Jobber retains to nobody's surprise, and yet another jobber is now the de facto number one contender. Meanwhile Styles, Owens, Ziggler, Zayn and Nakamura get to fight over some worthless secondary title in the mid-card.

Not to mention that cringeworthy love gimmick they've got Mike and Maria Bennett slumming to. Dude hasn't even stepped foot in the ring and already looks like a doofus. Even TNA gave them a better debut and gimmick to work with.

What an unbelievably bad joke this organization has become..

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    You know something. Whoever wins the WWE title years from now I hope puts in the trash and piss on its legacy saying it doesn't mean shit considering the people who have become champions when they were just bums that didn't deserve the title.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Ugh, the spinner belt, the Divas belt, and the Universal title belt... ugh... those belts sucked. I would love for someone to shoot big time on the WWE and saying how much their performers suck ass and call out the WWE Universe as a bunch of pathetic sheep. Oh, and who won the Women's MITB. A guy.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Loved the ending to the women's ladder match. The fact that they had a ladder match alone shows the progress the women's division has made. Ellsworth taking the briefcase made complete sense. The heel has a male wrestler in her corner not taking any bumps...why wouldn't he try to get invovled? It got the internet talking.. it got camellia and ellsworth heat..mission accomplished.

Male ladder match was great. Loved the story of nakamura being taken out only to come in fresh. Some spots should have been bigger deals... like aj getting chokeslammed onto the ladder.. but I'm not going to argue with them, they know more than me.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The mens' MITB match was excellent but in true trademark WWE fashion, they fucking blew it by having Boring Balding Corbin win it. Seriously, he's a charisma vacuum that either needs to shave it or get a silly Bret Michaels hat.

Mike Bennett never belonged in ROH. He wasn't a good wrestler. I didn't see his TNA run so I don't know if he got any better.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He was incredibly green and botched a lot. It was obvious that most of his opponents had to slow down because he couldn't hang (even Steen).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't necessarily think Bennett is a great worker. He's not that bad though. Especially with Maria who did an amazing job recreating herself after she left WWE. They're packaged deal, so you kinda need to look at it that way. She definitely does the heavy lifting in the group, imo. That doesn't make him bad though. Just average. Kinda like Miz, but not as charismatic. I could see them becoming the Miz/Maryse of SD.