Page 332 of 486 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 382 432 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,960 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Yeah but a jobber who has been winning with the help of some unproven tag team who is known as some maharaja bullshit? Come on! This is like David Arquette winning the WCW title.
    You mean they're trying to establish a new tag team? Shame on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I legitimately hate watching Randy Orton so I think that has put me on the Jinder train a little faster.
    Yeah, I can't stand him much either. Talks a lot of shit on the indie guys for doing dives and he just phones it in and gets a paycheck. He's so telegraphed. Hell, at least even Cena tries to mix things up. Orton has done the same exact shit since 2002.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It's kind of bittersweet:
    In a way it's nice that they are taking a chance on someone new (reminds me of JBL beating Guerrero back in 2004).
    In another hand: i don't think Jinder deserves it and it seems mostly a political move by the WWE...

If they really want to take a chance on someone new; why not Luke Harper? or Rusev? or even Corbin? (and i don't like him, but he makes so much more sense...); all those guys deserve that chance and have been overlooked.
    Jinder only has the Indian nationality going on, i bet that's 90% of the reason he won; i get it but it's not cool at all...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Another reason is the Indian market. Think they're about to get the network over there. Having an Indian champion would probably help.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yes, it actually reminds me to the "Alberto del Rio effect" in Mexico...

I've been a fan of the WWE since the early 90's; it had fans but it didn't became "mainstream" till the early 2000's and reached it's higest point in 2012 when Del Rio was a champ.
    But since then, it has gone downhill (both in ratings and live attendance...), i've stayed a fan because i've always been a fan, but it's no secret the "mainstream" Mexican market stopped caring when Del Rio and Rey Mysterio were released.

So i guess Jinder is playing the same role that Alberto played for that specific market

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    The fans: "push new stars!"
    WWE pushes Kinder
    Fans: NO! PUSH THE GUYS WE WANT!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Got nothing against them pushing new guys; but there's far more deserving people...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Got nothing against them pushing new guys; but there's far more deserving people...
    Agreed. Plus, it's a slap in the face to guys who never became the WWE Champion: Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Scott Hall, Curt Henning, Roddy Piper, "The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase, and Vader. It's like making Duke "The Dumpster" Drose the WWE Champion out of a fucking fluke.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Agreed. Plus, it's a slap in the face to guys who never became the WWE Champion: Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Scott Hall, Curt Henning, Roddy Piper, "The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase, and Vader. It's like making Duke "The Dumpster" Drose the WWE Champion out of a fucking fluke.
    Oh man, that's a sad statistic!

Jinder > Lex Luger, British Bulldog, Owen Hart, Jesse The Body Ventura, Mr Perfect...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Oh man, that's a sad statistic!

Jinder > Lex Luger, British Bulldog, Owen Hart, Jesse The Body Ventura, Mr Perfect...
    Exactly. What did he do to earn the championship? What was he doing when he was released back in 2014 and his return all of a sudden? I know at least Drew McIntyre used his time away from the WWE to make a name for himself in the British circuit and the indies where he had become quite popular and found his niche. Seriously, what has Jinder Mahal done to earn the championship without any real build or anything that has made him a big deal?

It actually pisses me off and it goes to show that Meekmahan has fucking lost it. If he really thinks he can make money with this guy. He's a fucking idiot. Years from now, Mahal will be the answer to some trivia question while he will spend whatever time he has in the WWE jobbing a child in King Maxel.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My only real issue with the Jinder push is the fact that he was a jobber. They didn't gradually starting pushing him. They just ran with it. It was more of a shock than anything else probably. I'm fine with it. He gets legit heat and he has the potential to help with the indian demographic. It's not a bad idea at all, business-wise. Execution was just random and from out of nowhere. It has the potential to work, maybe. Problem is how rushed and random the push is.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Nailed it. Jinder the jobber is an absolute joke and has now made the WWE title a complete joke in turn, just like their universal title that's being held by a guy who vanishes for months on end with it.

Jinder is like a third-rate poor man's version of Tiger Ali Singh and Muhammad Hassan, who must be absolutely beside himself in Jersey somewhere right now. This guy was a jobber for years and had ZERO build whatsoever. Dude was just rehired in August and only just got pushed into the world title picture a month ago. A month ago. The WWE has a knack for outdoing itself in the art of bullshit, but this takes the cake.

Cesaro, Rusev, Ziggler, Zayn, Owens, Balor...pick any of those dudes to hold your top title and give the fans something new and something they actually want. And they pick this fucking guy? Only a fool would go along with this, and it's clear the ship is being steered by complete fools in that organization.

This is like the Sunday Night Heat jobber version of Roman Reigns being hotshotted to world champion. There isn't one guy on Smackdown (or Raw for that matter) who wouldn't have been squashing Jinder the jobber in a three-minute match only a few months prior to this..
    Thank you. Anyone who is cheering for Jinder is a fucking moron. Just because Randy Orton is bland and boring doesn't mean he shouldn't lose to some unproven jobber.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Sunday the 21st, I wrestled for NGW: Tennessee and the card was STACKED. Main event was Cody Rhodes vs Matt Cross. Also featured Abyss, Crimson, Crazzy Steve, Michael elgin, Joey Ryan, and the BOYS. My tag Partner Facade is kind of a name..it was my first experience with being treated as a "star" absolutely loved it, so mind blowing. We teamed together for the first time and had a blast..the other team was kinda frustrating for silly reasons..but I did a "...dive" to the outside and came down RIGHT on my ass on cement.. I'm in so much goddamn pain, the 7 hour ride home felt like HELL.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    You guys got worked, heh.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    You guys got worked, heh.
    Yeah, well how would you feel if someone like Erik Watts became the World Champion just 3 days after he debuted and got out of the power plant?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, well how would you feel if someone like Erik Watts became the World Champion just 3 days after he debuted and got out of the power plant?
    That's a completely different situation. Watts couldn't get a reaction if his life depended on it. His wwf run proved that. Jinder gets legit heat. He also doesn't have his father backstage pulling strings to have him booked strong.

And I'm not sure what's so hard to understand by the reasoning. Last I checked, wwe is a business trying to make money. They're expanding in the middle east and India. What's there not to get?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    That's a completely different situation. Watts couldn't get a reaction if his life depended on it. His wwf run proved that. Jinder gets legit heat. He also doesn't have his father backstage pulling strings to have him booked strong.

And I'm not sure what's so hard to understand by the reasoning. Last I checked, wwe is a business trying to make money. They're expanding in the middle east and India. What's there not to get?
    I know it's a business but to do this by putting someone who hasn't proven himself to be a big deal just to reach a certain demographic is terrible business. How can someone of Indian descent relate to someone who is given a "I come in peace"/maharajah gimmick? Come on!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    To me, it's sink or swim. If he flops, then he probably goes back to his old spot. And I don't get how you think it's bad business. People wanted them to build someone new. Now they are. For all we know, his push is temporary. Let's just see how it plays out.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Well I guess I won't be visiting this thread anymore since having an opinion makes me an idiot. Glad you are losing so much sleep about a worked sport.
    Peace out.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Well I guess I won't be visiting this thread anymore since having an opinion makes me an idiot. Glad you are losing so much sleep about a worked sport.
    Peace out.
    It's not like that, actually i find Orton boring too; but that doesn't make Jinder a deserving champion.
    Of course it's just my opinion, i actually could work, i just don't see him as championship material...
    Calm down, no one wants you to think "the same" as us, @Piko said it better: Let's just see how it plays out.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Ironic how he is in this "Don't try this..." ad:

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Match number 76!

!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Couldn't have said it better myself. http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/201...5766/wwe-seth-

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Extreme Rules tomorrow night; anyone watching? Predictions?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Extreme Rules tomorrow night; anyone watching? Predictions?
    Forgot all about it...

I have a feeling they have no idea who they want to win the 5 way. It's definitely between Rollins and Balor. None of these guys have any real direction, atm. Wyatt might as well be a jobber at this point, so it could be him. Whoever wins this isn't beating Lesnar next month or whenever... I know it won't be Reigns though. He's already gone over on all them recently, I think.

Miz takes the IC title in the dumbest stipulation, ever. It's literally a disqualification match. So, expect a screwy finish. Drifter gets involved, and feuds with Ambrose after.

Bayley over Alexa. Bayley NEEDS TO WIN. They've made her look like an absolute dweeb. Never kissing a boy, nonsense about her father. Things she never denied. Buried her character. And possibly the worst segment wwe has ever produced, ever. She needs to win.

No clue on the tag titles. Probably hardys. I think the whole thing is on autopilot too. Maybe until the stuff with the broken gimmick is resolved.

Not really sure what else there is. Raw has been unwatchable. They've been building Goldust/Truth. Not sure if it's a match or not. Knowing them, it'd probably be a preshow match...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Agreed - Raw, and Smackdown for that matter, have been on autopilot since the shakeup (and NBA Finals began). PPV's have been​ solid, probably because of the amount of actual wrestling on the shows.
    I'm thinking Joe wins. Interesting idea I ran across online was that of a Shield reunion. Could be cool to see Reigns/Rollins gang up on Balor. Then, Gallows and Anderson come out to even the odds and Ambrose follows thereafter. Sets up for a club/shield feud that could come to a head at SummerSlam.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't think Joe is going to win at all. They're protecting him. Whoever wins can afford the loss to Lesnar.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Predictions:

Banks/Swann
    Aries
    Hardyz
    Miz
    Bliss
    Balor, based on Heyman's promo and he'd be the least damaged/possibly even elevated by a loss to Lesnar.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I think the reason we're so indifferent about what is happening w/ the WWE is because it fucking sucks. I think everything Solomonster has been saying is fucking smacked on....

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think the reason we're so indifferent about what is happening w/ the WWE is because it fucking sucks. I think everything Solomonster has been saying is fucking smacked on....

Yeah, he hit the nail on the head. The whole thing just feels like they don't care. It sucks. SD is a lot better than raw. Gonna love to see them laugh it off when they get a lesser deal when renewal time comes.