Page 298 of 486 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 308 348 398 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,940 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Adam Cold BABY!

Also I am loving the Glorious Bombs. Ciampa makes the funniest faces.

Does anyone know who won and how the match was between Candice and Veda (aka Why The Fuck Haven't WWE Signed These Two Yet)?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Got to finally see the dean Ambrose stone cold podcast. Ouch.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    If everything goes the way it should tomorrow, this past week will be dominated by the bullet club.

Kenny omega won the G1
    Adam Cole won the ROH title

Still to come:

Anderson and gallows winning the tag titles
    AJ defeating the face of WWE
    Finn Bálor becoming the first universal champion.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I just hoping for a Bullet club reunion with Balor as champ, i think most of us are waiting for this...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I want the Bullet Club to be the guys that will take over professional wrestling and make the WWE its bitch. Have Triple H go to Balor "I brought you here and this is how you repay me" only to get his ass kicked by Balor in the worst way and never step into the ring..... ever again.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Watching Takeover now as I was out watching UFC 202 last night. I can't believe nobody else was talking about it. Here are my thoughts so far:

--Austin Aries is a great heel. It was only a matter of time before they let him turn and it is paying off. NWJ is green as hell with very limited character growth. Not sure what they see in him...
    --Nice that they're finally letting Itami use the move he invented! By the way, someone get him some decent shoes!
    --Good debut by the former Athena. I keep saying it but SIGN VEDA SCOTT AND CANDICE LERAE NOW. Now. Right now. I see nothing in most of the current NXT women (and I read spoilers because they do not bother me at all...so I know Bayley is likely out now too), Billie Kay included. Asuka is going to get lonely real quick. Moon is the only other current NXT woman that is appealing. That leaping stunner is quite pretty.
    --Roode's entrance is...yeah...GLORIOUS! He needs to use a better finisher, though. Cien looked good in defeat.
    --DIY have always been legit. Revival maybe turned in their best performance. They're really becoming solid...the WWE's Briscoe Bros minus the homophobia and hillbilly drawl. Some fantastic near falls and story telling in their match.
    --Sanity is supposedly Tommy End. If that's true, NXT will have another great talent.
    --Bayley is onward and upward, I hope. Great match. My girl Asuka is a killer.
    --Fuuuuck yesssss on the live violinist during Nakamura's entrance! What a dare I say, STRONG STYLE clinic Joe and Nakamura put on!!!! Wow! I hope Joe's not really hurt. I'd love for him to snap on Regal, get "fired" and then hired onto Smackdown Live. Nakamura is the man.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-21-2016 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I thought Itami hitting the GTS was the moment of the night.
    The tag match was the match of the night and I had the same reaction as the crowd when they realized what the finish was going to be.
    Nakamura winning the title was fantastic. I love everything about him.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Starting to get frustrated in my home company. (Rant)

Let me start off by saying I love wrestling and I understand my roll, I'm a rookie with a storyline where I'm eating shit all the time..that's fine. I don't give a shit about wins and losses. I don't give a shit about belts, I don't give a shit about "getting my shit in"...I enjoy making people look good. So I understand why I wasn't booked yesterday, it was a tournament show with 10+ matches... I had a spot on the show getting beat up, perfect. I didn't regret taking other bookings over it, cause my character was used.

However, I don't get paid well because I'm a rookie (And it's bullshit).. I don't get paid if nobody tells the person at the door "I'm here to see Shawn Phoenix".. which I think is screwed up. I'm pretty over with our regular fans..but since they pre-date my debut, their money doesn't count.. I get it though, they want me to bring in new fans. I get it. So when I do get paid at pwx it's very very light. Most I ever got paid at pwx was 20 dollars.

Last night there was a big change. I showed up under the impression I was not booked, so I was going to sit at the merch table with my stuff and everything..but I show up and the tables are now covered with stupid shit from our store. (We have a little section in the building where we sell wwe figures, 8x10s of our wrestlers*that we don't get a percentage of* and bullshit).. so now I have no where to sell my merch because stupid toys that don't sell..

I'm also not the only one pissed. A new faction just grouped together and had a ton of merch to sell.. so we're all pissed.

So, we grouped together and gave the promoter a metaphorical middle finger, and we all went out at intermission and took over the ring, draping our shirts over the ropes and took over the microphone shilling our stuff.

It was actually a lot of fun, cause then 2 other faces came out..and it was nice cause we knew our slime ball promoter was pissed.

Lesson here is: don't take money out of your employees hands.

I also made 100+ dollars this weekend, wrestled once and didn't get paud, 100% money was from merch.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Didn't get to watch takeover until this morning. Good stuff. Roode is god. Asuka is an empress. Looks like Bayley is done. Very stiff main event. Saw them throw up the "x" for Joe after the match before cutting away from it, quickly.

Good showing for No Way Jose too. Aries made him look like a million bucks. Crowd lost it when Hideo hit the GTS.

Last min predictions:

Balor wins.
    Sasha retains.
    Anderson and Gallows win the tag belts.
    I'm 50/50 on the IC Title. Miz doesn't need it. But I can see them dragging this out.
    Rusev over Reigns.
    Brock over Orton.
    Have a funny feeling nikki bella returns tonight in that tag match.
    Styles over Cena. Then again, it's summerslam and we'll probably get a LOL Cena Wins.
    Last edited by Piko; 08-21-2016 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Takeover was great as expected, marked out for the GTS big time.

here's also my last min Summerslam predictions:

- Seth wins with the Club help
    - Ambrose retains
    - Sasha retains
    - Anderson and Gallows win
    - Apollo CREED wins
    - Rusev retains
    - Orton wins

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Charlotte regains. Betting odds had her going over. Maybe they see something we didnt. A lot of botches. Sasha got pretty banged up, I'd say. Maybe they called an audible.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It was a bullshit move. Charlotte can't talk nor can she wrestle as well as Sasha. I'm so fucking pissed.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Apparently Sasha has been pulled from live events for the next 30 days or so... If it's a violation, then yeah, makes sense for her to drop it. If true, it sucks...a lot... a lot of people are assuming it's a wellness violation.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I just read. Now sad instead of angry.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm indifferent. Pretty bummed. No one really knows for sure what the deal is. Maybe it's injury related. If it's s violation, we probably won't hear about until tomorrow (at the earliest). Their wellness policy is a joke, imo. Especially when they're not testing part timers. And I get the feeling that it's far from over.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    That first botched spot very well could have given Sasha a concussion. I don't want her to be hurt but I really hope it isn't a wellness violation.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I believe I am not a dean Ambrose fan. The guy is an alright wrestler but not a good champion.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    That first botched spot very well could have given Sasha a concussion. I don't want her to be hurt but I really hope it isn't a wellness violation.
    Both are bad, imo. If she's injured again, they're bound to label her an injury prone and end up being reluctant to push her again. Wellness violation will hurt, but maybe not as much as an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I believe I am not a dean Ambrose fan. The guy is an alright wrestler but not a good champion.
    I was really pulling for Ziggler. I knew Ambrose was winning. I've kinda soured on Ambrose. The Austin interview didn't help.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Think I might have to change my pick to Rollins. Weird coincidence that he and the club are both wearing black and yellow tonight.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen the Universal WWE Title belt? Ugh.... that is easily one of the ugliest-looking belts I had ever seen.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Has anyone seen the Universal WWE Title belt? Ugh.... that is easily one of the ugliest-looking belts I had ever seen.
    Yeah, it's certainly "something". Guess I got my hopes up and was expecting something of a "universal scale". Nope.

On the brightside, Balor wins!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Two things.

They need to make reigns a heel. And have him take off that stupid fucking vest.

Can't take him serious with that thing on.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    At the very least they could book him consistently. In the last few weeks I've been fine with him. Problem is, they will make him cheesy and unbearable again. And yeah, the vest needs to go.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Some hope that what just happened between Reigns and Rusev lead to a double-turn. In all honesty, Reigns is the heel in this feud as he humiliated Rusev and Lana while he also made Rusev look like a fool for trying to defend his wife's honor. Now this but of course, this is WWE. There is no such thing as logic in WWE.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think it's time to give up on the whole heel turn thing. It's not going to happen. It should. But, it's not.

And the more I think about it, I really don't get why the last two matches are where they are. Did lesnar/Orton need to close the show. It was a buildup match and an anticlimactic one. I would've put it before Balor/Rollins and have that match close the show. Aside from the match placements, I'm fine with the show.

A lot of people are capping on the new belt, of course. Rollins responded and blamed Brooklyn for not focusing on what the title meant. It's a huge visual part of their product. It means a lot if people don't like the way it looks. It looks like a fruit roll up. Not visually appealing at all. I get what they were going for though. Red brand = red belt. Doesn't click.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Also, to guys like ---- that dude with the scientific name that starts with X and actually wrestles professionally..

I apologize that I routinely come into your thread and bitch up a storm like this. It's just that I grew up watching this shit with my old man, and to see it suck so fucking hard the way it does anymore is borderline infuriating, even if it's ultimately fake. There is *no* excuse for the fucking stupidity routinely displayed by organizations like TNA and the WWE, who exhibit senseless booking week after week, month after month like this.

The WWE literally took the design for their beyond-ugly WWE title and made it fucking RED for their contradictory universal title bullshit. That's just as bad as TNA's champion wearing all three singles titles, then coming out on live TV and tossing two of them to the ground this week. Yea, real good.

Granted, the biggest idiot here is me, for continuing to watch this bullshit. But unlike the WWE and TNA, at least I'm aware of my ignorance. For fuck's sake..

first off, what a HILARIOUS way to describe my user name. Laughed SO goddamn hard. (My name is my ADD medication and old backyard wrestling name "Focalin" with and X at the beginning and end cause I'm straight edge and hardcore as fuuuuuuuuuck.. and don't worry man, we're all entitled to our opinions. Would I have designed the belt differently? yes do i have the power to change it? nope. so why fret on being unhappy? thats how I feel about everything.

for fun: I'd have the current belt dean has on raw, call that the 'Universal title" and the "WWE championship" I would have literally exactly the same, just with a BLUE underline under the logo. The similar title design shows they are equal, but the subtle difference shows they are not the same.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I guess I was just hoping for a more traditional looking belt. Not a bland looking belt that looks exactly like the other, but red. I don't even like the other one. Maybe I'm just bring old school. When I started watching, the eagle belt was there in full force. Was pissed when they got rid of it too. I just prefer the world titles to look like world titles. Visually, the IC title looks more prestigious, imo.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Also, to guys like @Swykk, @Piko, @thevoid99, @Conan The Barbarian, @henryeatscereal and that dude with the scientific name that starts with X and actually wrestles professionally..

I apologize that I routinely come into your thread and bitch up a storm like this. It's just that I grew up watching this shit with my old man, and to see it suck so fucking hard the way it does anymore is borderline infuriating, even if it's ultimately fake. There is *no* excuse for the fucking stupidity routinely displayed by organizations like TNA and the WWE, who exhibit senseless booking week after week, month after month like this.

The WWE literally took the design for their beyond-ugly WWE title and made it fucking RED for their contradictory universal title bullshit. That's just as bad as TNA's champion wearing all three singles titles, then coming out on live TV and tossing two of them to the ground this week. Yea, real good.

Granted, the biggest idiot here is me, for continuing to watch this bullshit. But unlike the WWE and TNA, at least I'm aware of my ignorance. For fuck's sake..
    It's ok to be disappointed. I agree that wwe is lacking. But like you have been watching since the 80's. I mainly watch it because it wrestling.

I don't watch tna because I am not digging what they are doing over there.

I resubbed to the network because I wanted to go rewatch everything. Starting with the 80's till now going in chrono order.

I think wwe biggest problem isn't writing, because this the early 90'S all over again. They have no talent worth a damn.

I can't get behind any of the new guys. Seth Rollins has been their top guy. How am I supposed to get into the story when I cant even get interested in your character.

Finn balor, great wrestler. Horrible gimmick. I can't get the boogeyman out of my head when he comes out. His match was a stand out.

Cena/styles. Highlight. Great match. The most professional wrestling match of the night. I didn't give a damn about styles till last night.

Lesnar/Orton. The one match that had me interested in summer slam was the biggest disappointment. Who the fuck thought it was ok to end it that way. Again, 90's writing all over again.

Their diva division is a mess. Bad mic skills and botches all over the place. Someone please properly train these woman. Their wrestling is sloppy and could kill someone.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I'm still really disappointed about Sasha. Sloppy wrestling and slow on the mic Charlotte....

I liked Cena/Styles and Rollins/Balor. Glad Jeri-KO beat the Green Jersey Shore Turds too. Went to bed after Balor won. I think I made a good choice. I take no offense, @NYRexall. I'm here to support the wrestlers I love, not the companies they work for that largely waste their talents.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Reports are saying that Orton got knocked out by Lesnar's elbow which lead to a premature end of the fight.
    Orton needed 10 stitches to close that wound on his head.

Some are saying this wasn't scripted and that Lesnar kinda forgot this wasn't the UFC.