Page 110 of 137 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 4104

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    So yeah, Marvel got us covered! #ReleaseTheZemoCut

Oh my God, that's so ridiculously awesome.

And somewhere in the Universe, Star Lord is having a hissy fit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So yeah, Marvel got us covered! #ReleaseTheZemoCut

My roommates and I watch the show together. I put this on instead of the new episode just now. It took four loops before anyone started questioning it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Episode 4... dayum

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Yeah now we are talking! I still don't give a damn about the Flag Smashers or Karli's backstory or who the Power Broker is, but shit hit the fan now! Can't wait to see what is eventually uncovered in episode 5 and 6 and where we go with Walker.

While I'm a big critic of the show and actors, I gotta admit that the fighting is pretty cool and it's kinda refreshing to just have those "little" super powers as opposed to flying, witchcraft etc. Bucky's arm is glorious!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    when he first stood up and adjusted the shield and there wasn't any blood on it I was like, wtf is this? the show's been pushing a high PG-13 / low-R and they're going to Disney it up here? and then the wide shot opened up.

and they killed Battlestar Galactica? harsh.

Last edited by allegate; 04-12-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Great analysis. I love the fact that it's not even something that you have to read into it, the actors are making it very plain to see, so it's intentional. That's a clunky sentence for what I'm trying to say but it's aimed at this guy in particular:

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I've always wondered where and how Howard came up with the vibranium to make the shield. It's obvious it came from Wakanda but under what circumstances?

And Stephen Ford is the poster boy for white privilege: he clearly doesn't get that the greatest gift Shuri and the Wakandans gave to Bucky is to free him of Hydra's mind control. A lot of people could make him a bionic arm. Giving him back his own free will was priceless and only in Wakanda could he have that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Very interesting analysis from Kristine Kippins above. Spoiler: I totally agree with Walker and the shield. I gotta say though, in Bucky's case, the arm was specifically made for him and given to him, it wasn't stolen. I can, however, understand that from their perspective, it might be a good idea to include a built-in fail-safe in case his "deprogramming" didn't take or failed in some way and he reverted back to his brainwashed Hydra puppet ways. This episode was my favorite of the series so far. That ending was one of those moments where I was kind of shocked to see them go that far on a Disney+ show and I am so happy that they didn't wimp out. On the other hand, it's kind of a big bummer that Captain America's shield is now a murder weapon. No amount of scrubbing it with bleach will ever change that fact, which is kinda sad to me. Even if Sam becomes the new Captain America and gets the shield back, it'll be hard to shake the thought that it was once covered in a guy's blood & brains. I'm still glad they had the balls to show that bloodied shield to drive home how horrific and brutally he beat that guy to death and really make you hate Walker more than you already did. The fight scenes with the Dora Milaje were as awesome as you'd hope them to be! I'm very excited for this week's episode...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    rumor is the big cameo this week is someone new to the MCU.

the arm Spoiler: makes sense that it could come off because it is just a prosthesis in the end. so a bit of half a dozen in one hand, no arm in the other.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Not much new footage but he's got some big Kurt vibes there in the show down.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

man, fuck you Marvel.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Episode was fantastic. But damn, Sam just trying to help people and always getting the shaft. The show does an incredible job making you feel for these characters and what they're going through; it is really refreshing to see the humanized side of things after the snap and all the space magic for the last few years. I am hoping that is what Black Widow brings to the table if it ever sees the light of day.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 04-16-2021 at 03:36 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Julia Louis
    Trending with Dreyfus

twitter you so weird.

that is a spoiler btw for the episode. I saw it blasted across the screen this morning with Falcon and Winter Soldier next to it so yay thanks.

also I heard that the episode today is supposed to be pretty long and imdb says it's 1h 1min.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Well, it's a little more than 50 minutes, so nothing groundbreaking. But damn, those have to be some of the best 50 minutes of MCU history. This show took a serious leap towards, very brutal (I think I've never seen so much blood in a MCU movie), grief and meaningful conversations. They really nailed it with this one and I am really looking forward to the finale despite absolutely not feeling the first 3 episodes.

Stay for the mid-credit scene btw.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I don't think that person is at all a spoiler in any way. But ok there's no twist.

I love the actor, but sadly the part is written like every marvel villain ever and they have no way of standing out and nothing to work with.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    About "that" new character...

Spoiler: Word on the street is, that she would have played a role in Black Widow, which was supposed to come out before this show. But then again, if it was that meaningful, I'm sure they would have re-arranged certain things in order to not diminish the impact. So I suppose the "full" reveal is neither with Black Widow, nor with this show, so let's see how that character evolves in future movies or TV shows... Plus, being from Europe I didn't know who said actress is as I never watched Seinfeld or Veep. Both shows aren't nearly as popular as they are in the US.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Once upon a time, there was a soldier who helped fellow soldiers escape from a POW camp. The rest of the story is complicated. There's a lot to unpack.

Anyone else noticed that one episode lists Stan before Mackie in the end credits and the next episode lists Mackie before Stan? That's awesome.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Well, it's a little more than 50 minutes, so nothing groundbreaking. But damn, those have to be some of the best 50 minutes of MCU history. This show took a serious leap towards, very brutal (I think I've never seen so much blood in a MCU movie), grief and meaningful conversations. They really nailed it with this one and I am really looking forward to the finale despite absolutely not feeling the first 3 episodes.

Stay for the mid-credit scene btw.
    yeah, that was a powerful episode. I've seen some comments on some stories saying the usual woke/SJW BS and it's so crazy how ignorant people are.

I can't wait to see the new Cap in action next week. Spoiler: and the new Falcon eventually...

If I had one quibble, there were maybe one or two edits where the camera was a little too tight on the stuntman and it was not Anthony flipping and catching and throwing. only thing, otherwise really great setup for what is going to be a great finale.

Spoiler: Agent 13 is either the Power Broker or a pawn of the Power Broker or deep cover for the FBI but at any rate she's working for the bad guys.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    fyi, there's a post credit scene if you guys didn't catch it.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Loved that picture and the whole scene:

As the idea and the character of Captain America is pretty appaling to foreigners and people outside of the US, I was very impressed how Chris Evans became so popular with two of the better MCU movies giving this role more depth and him eventually passing on the shield and vanishing. That this show now uncovers some of the problems that go with such a character and given how important these issues are in our very own society ("A Black Captain America?!"), really elevated the character, at least in my opinion. So this picture and the topics we dealt with in this episode are pretty powerful. Happy how this show took a 180 for me at least.
    Last edited by dlb; 04-17-2021 at 05:48 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ready for Alfred Molina and Willem Dafoe to have some screen time together.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    "Why didn't you use the metal arm?"
    "I don't always think of it. I'm right handed."
    lol

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Probably the best episode of the series. I love how they implement the black history and how Isaiah was treated so damn poorly; that scene really stuck with me. The show does such a great job showing the grief and anguish these characters are all going through.. even with Walker. But man... the whole Karli arc is just so whatever and I do not buy what the character or actress is selling here; It isn't working for me and just doesn't feel earned. Bucky feeling nerfed also makes sense to me now since he is a completely different person and mentality. Yea he is still strong and has all the moves, but his projection to now do the right thing as opposed to him being used to just killing people is nice to see. Him trying to figure out who he is is a great reflection of that.

What the show does is make it believable. When Battlestar got the axe, everyone legit stopped fighting and saw what happened, the shock factor which would happen in a real situation like that. As well with Sam practicing with the shield and failing over and over. I've been really enjoying every episode from go, and I can say I am liking it better overall than Wandavision.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Very much in on Shang-chi! I do hope the action won't just fall in jump cut hell and allows the action room to breathe!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Gotta say, I wasn't very excited for Shang-Chi, but that teaser trailer does make it look pretty good.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah, that doesn't look like any other Marvel film. I'm not sure how I feel about the Ten Rings not being actual rings - I don't know the characters at all but it is a huge change from what I do know - but maybe it won't matter.

The one good shot of the rings that you get, fully powered-up, fairly sure that's not the Mandarin at that point. Spoiler: the clothing is a little form-fitting for an older man so I have to think it's his daughter.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    yeah, that doesn't look like any other Marvel film. I'm not sure how I feel about the Ten Rings not being actual rings
    I wouldn't jump too far into conclusions yet. Marvel has a way of throwing things into the mixing pot with powers and such, and the close up of the rings reminded me of the bracers that Tony Stark makes to help him focus his chi. I can see them connecting those powers similar to what they did in Spider-Man Homecoming with the weaponry from the first Avengers attack. Shang teams up with Spider-Man a lot in the comics so I would not be surprised if they cross paths at some point. The rings are such a pivotal part in Shang and The Mandarin alone; it would be hard for Marvel to fuck this up.

Btw, this looks amazing and I cannot wait for more. The cinematography looks off the charts, and very refreshing to see the Asian representation here from Marvel. I am really not fan of Awkwafina and her obnoxious persona, but I am willing to give her a chance. Love that they released the first trailer on Simi Liu's birthday .
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 04-19-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just finished Avengers Endgame and now I’m depressed! Although I could tell from the off what would happen when Tony Stark has a daughter and something more to live for.

Only one criticism though, the Soul Stone, I thought you were supposed to deliberately kill someone you love to gain access, but Natasha kills herself so has Hawk Eye really earned it?

depressed about Captain America but I thought what happened with Thor was great and I love his rapport with Quill
    Last edited by WorzelG; 04-19-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)