Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm bummed to be another one on the opposite end of the spectrum, but I just haven't been able to get into this... For me it sounds like a mix of everything Trent's done after The Fragile with an emphasis on The Slip. It's nowhere near what I was expecting and I hope the rest of the album can remedy that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Consequence of Sound reported on it with info that wasn't in the Pitchfork article.
    Ok, found what I think is a press release. The release says: Tickets For Fall Tour Go On Sale Beginning Friday, June 14

http://rockwrite.blogspot.com/

They posted about 15 minutes before consequence of sound with the Trent Reznor quote that COS used.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Ah shut up ya butthole you can't tell the difference between 256k and 320k
    Maybe if you're deaf/use Apple earbuds/are ignorant this statement would hold true!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So Adrian Belew is touring with NIN? All three of the articles with tour dates list him.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragilecat View Post
    Ok, found what I think is a press release. The release says: Tickets For Fall Tour Go On Sale Beginning Friday, June 14

http://rockwrite.blogspot.com/

They posted about 15 minutes before consequence of sound with the Trent Reznor quote that COS used.
    Which means presales start... Monday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    to quote this random press release "See below for itinerary and specific on sale dates. Fans who register at www.nin.com will receive exclusive first access to tickets before they go on sale to the general public."

They didn't include that information but from the looks of it Monday might be the time they roll out the first access tickets? Who knows, this is totally a stretch but based on the article COS put together I think this might be an official press release that this blog copied and pasted from their email.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Guess it's a good thing I get paid tomorrow.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Coming home and internet and suddenly the new single and seeing Russel Mills artwork and holy fuck they're playing my city the day before my birthday can't process this think I just sharted from everything at once can't even fucking what losing motor control okay.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So much to get to grips with on the first listen but after several listens it's already a classic. You can hear the confidence oozing out in trent that you couldn't before in tracks like 'Discipline'.

Also, i really want to see that CBH artwork on a nice fat digi-pack.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Whoa!!!...

According to NIN mastermind Trent Reznor, Tension will pick up where the band’s 2008 Lights in the Sky tour left off, adding , “This is the full-on NIN live experience realized as we never could before.”

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...an-arena-tour/

and yes, it looks like as of right now Belew is still in the tour.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblong Cheese View Post
    Maybe if you're deaf/use Apple earbuds/are ignorant this statement would hold true!
    says the guy who cant differentiate AAC from MP3....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Took me a couple listens, but I dig it.

Hmm...if Hesitation Marks is Halo 28, does that mean that the CBH single doesn't get a Halo? Wonder if it will be unmarked...or maybe a Seed...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Only one listen, but to be painfully honest with myself I'm dissapointed. I so badly want to chime in loving it off with you guys but I just can't bring myself to do it. And I was a big fan of The Slip (this song would rate in the bottom few of that album for me right now).

Lyrically I dig it. The guitars were awesome. Some of the vox delivery, and the synth lines I am not really feeling though. I've never been a big fan of dancy NIN and wasn't really expecting it either, despite the fact this tends to fit into the mold of the last few singles.

I'm fine with it though. I absolutely loved Welcome Oblivion and Keep it Together was a crushingly bad representation of what that album actually was. So I have no reason to have any concerns over the album at this point. Plus, much like Survivalism, I'm sure this will grow on me slightly and I did pick up enough cool moments along the way in that first listen (that breakdown being a highlight) where I have reason to suspect that after some blaring sessions it will climb my approval ladder. And, I can see this song being much better live as well, which is something to look forward to.

It's just a little shitty because I was so excited for this moment and now my buzz is pretty much all but killed. I have to wait a few months for it to be turned around, too. I wanted to be on this summer high of NIN hype, but even if this songs becomes more enjoyable via multiple listens, I doubt I will get to that place. Glad others are enjoying it at least.

Regardless I anxiously await Hesitation Marks. Edit: And will be at both Montreal and Toronto shows.
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 06-06-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    holy. fucking. shit...

Just got home, finally catching up on everything. This song gets better every time I'm listening to it, I'm in love with it!

Sounds wise, if were comparing it to previous albums, I get a Year Zero vibe with a little bit of With Teeth mixed in (guitars and vocals at some points sound very WT to me)....but either way, I'm totally digging this.

and tour dates to go along with it?! sensory overload right now! Now I have to figure out which shows I'm going to make.

My ONLY issue... is I wish NIN would tour Canada in the summers...waiting in line outside during the winter sucks balls, but I'll take it anyway! (anyone remember the Kelowna date for the LITS tour? fuck me, that was cold)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Certainly doesn't sound like PHM. Sounds like it could've fit very nicely into Year Zero to me.
    It's cool, I'm not as excited as when My Violent Heart was discovered, but still excited

The artwork is fucked though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

<snip>
    Welp, the NIN tour dates are still scrubbed from Belew's personal Web page, and Belew is still removed from the band lineup on NIN's FB page, so those signs are not looking up.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cicada View Post
    It's cool, I'm not as excited as when My Violent Heart was discovered, but still excited
    I'd say just about anything stands a slim chance of equalling the strange feelings elicited by those first few days of the Year Zero ARG. What a mindfuck....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    says the guy who cant differentiate AAC from MP3....
    Not sure what you're referring to?

I downloaded the 128k Soundcloud file and I will listen to it over and over because that's all there is at the moment. Of course I will promptly delete it as soon as I get a better quality version.

I don't know why that guy originally tried to call out about having a 256k file like it meant something, or why that other guy subsequently took issue to the fact that I was saying that low-bitrate media is shitty.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Best news I've heard all day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like I'll be at the LA and Vegas shows and working overtime to accrue time off. I'm ok with that

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    There is SO MUCH to love about this. The dancy synthy feel is so Pretty Hate Machine 2013, along with the vocal qualities and guitar of With Teeth (which I still think is a fantastic album) mashed together with a little Year Zero knowhow. It really gets you on your feet and though I kind of rolled my eyes at the lyrics to begin with, they are catchy, no doubt.

The cover art is very early-NIN, right down to the font. It definitely looks like something pulled out of the Broken/TDS era.

And now they announce a show at the Phillips Arena in October. Holy SHIT. I can't sit still! @__@

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm pleasantly surprised how this was released pretty much out of nowhere along with solid, concrete news for the new album and the release date.

I actually am really liking this song as well! As a fan that didn't like any HTDA outside the first EP and not a huge fan of the Slip and Ghosts I-IV, I am delighted to hear how great this sounds. Makes me want more...just gotta make it to September. New Dillinger Escape Plan, new Queens of the Stone Age and new Rob Zombie shouldn't make it too hard to survive a few more months.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Much better than the radio edit!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    oh fuck. why do I read facebook comments
    https://www.facebook.com/ninofficial...51673636466221

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I am curious what the rest of the album sounds like now. Will this track be part of the whole story or will the tracks be more walled off like The Slip? I wonder where Belew's contribution will be heard. etc

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love Broken, The Downward Spiral and Further Down The Spiral the most and consider it NIN's best but those days are long gone and never coming back. I really wonder why people get so stuck, fixated or wishing for that sound and style again.

This new track is a mash-up of [With_Teeth], The Slip and Year Zero in a blender. I like that it sounds mostly [With_Teeth] musically minus the synth and beats, which resemble more Year Zero style.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post

Now I have to figure out which shows I'm going to make.

My ONLY issue... is I wish NIN would tour Canada in the summers...waiting in line outside during the winter sucks balls, but I'll take it anyway! (anyone remember the Kelowna date for the LITS tour? fuck me, that was cold)
    Trying to figure out what dates to attend is half the fun!

However, yeah when I first saw the list of dates I was like "November... eh, ok whatever. Vancouver is in the bag, Seattle, Edmonton, Calgary, awesome" Then I went back and looked at the dates again later and saw "Nov 24th and Nov 25th" for the Alberta dates and let out a big "What the fuck! SNOW!??? You gotta be kidding!"

Oh, and you were saying how NIN should tour Canada in the Summer... :P

7/25/08 Pemberton, BC [Pemberton Festival]
    7/28/08 Edmonton, AB [Rexall Place]
    7/29/08 Calgary, AB [Pengrowth Saddledome]
    7/31/08 Winnipeg, MB [MTS Centre]
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-06-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I asked myself the same when I clicked on it. I regret that moment.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I love Broken, The Downward Spiral and Further Down The Spiral the most and consider it NIN's best but those days are long gone and never coming back. I really wonder why people get so stuck, fixated or wishing for that sound and style again.

This new track is a mash-up of [With_Teeth], The Slip and Year Zero in a blender. I like that it sounds mostly [With_Teeth] musically minus the synth and beats, which resemble more Year Zero style.
    Trent's always heading forward. There are throwbacks, of course, and that's great to hear but it's good that he doesn't let himself get stuck in one place and make the same record twenty times. This five year period in particular was great in that he was still present. There were soundtracks and one-offs and the stuff with Q, Ross & Rob. We knew he was busy, and it's good to see that he didn't just sit still, but has been taking those experiences to heart too. We all know that when it comes to music he "can't stop."
    Last edited by GrayscaleRain; 06-06-2013 at 01:59 AM. Reason: quote