Page 44 of 241 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I always thought the New Flesh would've been a perfect intro track on it's on...I loved how it opened up certain shows.

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Agreed, although I do wish it would have lead directly into Survivalism.. I really don't care for TBOTE.
    Neither do I. I always thought that song didn't blend in with the rest of that record.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just can't wait until we can all stop speculating! Leak leak leak leak damnit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No leak yet? Damn.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Even though I'm sure it'll leak, I've given up on hoping for a leak. It'll come out when it comes out (officially or leaked) and that's that.

And I don't think I'm making sense right now, am I?

EDIT: And I'm pretty sure there'll be an official stream that'll be ripped by about a week before release day or someone in an area where it comes out on 8/30 will buy the official release and rip it.
    Last edited by binaryhermit; 08-08-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Drip drip drip? Pls!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This sounds a bit silly but I kind of hope it doesn't leak or even streams early. Pretty much every album I've bought in the last few years has either leaked or streamed early and I have absolutely no self control to avoid any of it. I've forgotten what it's actually like to be hyped about an actual release of an album. I've already listened to the new live songs which I kind of regret now. I know this pretty much makes no sense but it's my logic and I'm sticking to it damn it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    How did your friend know what the name of the song was if he was watching a trailer?...
    Eh we shall see. If I'm wrong I'll look really stupid so fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Everything gets streamed before release. I imagine the release schedule will be not all that unlike the HTDA album. I'm looking forward to Pitchfork doing that Pitchfork thing they do - the way they presented Welcome Oblivion was really slick.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    This sounds a bit silly but I kind of hope it doesn't leak or even streams early. Pretty much every album I've bought in the last few years has either leaked or streamed early and I have absolutely no self control to avoid any of it. I've forgotten what it's actually like to be hyped about an actual release of an album. I've already listened to the new live songs which I kind of regret now. I know this pretty much makes no sense but it's my logic and I'm sticking to it damn it!
    Not only does it make perfect sense but I agree with you. Except for the live songs part. I understand where you're coming from but I treat them as a preview. If the whole album leaks or streams before then I won't be listening. The part that sucks though is that I'm going to Made in America which is only two days before the release date. By then I'm sure the full album will be out there and there's always the possibility that the band might play a coupe more songs from it because of that. Still not staying home though of course.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Completely random observations that probably means nothing.

Everything was supposed to be played at Lollapalooza but was cut at the last minute.
    It was being played toward the end of the show where a lot of the singles were being played.
    There have been rumors of another single being released before HM comes out.
    According to http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...f-trent-reznor Everything was one of the songs that was going to be on the Greatest Hits CD.

I'm thinking Everything is going to be the single that comes out before the album. And maybe it was originally planned to be out before Lollapalooza, but plans changed and that's why he cut it from the setlist so the album version would be the debut of the song. Maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but it's not too far out there. So I think Everything will be the next single and we'll see if I'm right.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    A leak would make my eyes leak ( and possibly my pants leak too).

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Oslin View Post
    A leak would make my eyes leak ( and possibly my pants leak too).
    Prepare your diddly hole.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'm thinking Everything is going to be the single that comes out before the album. And maybe it was originally planned to be out before Lollapalooza, but plans changed and that's why he cut it from the setlist so the album version would be the debut of the song. Maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but it's not too far out there. So I think Everything will be the next single and we'll see if I'm right.
    I dreamt it was. Every time I see that song title I think of the lyric in AATCHB, "Gone...fading...everything".

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Prepare your diddly hole.
    My body is waiting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Completely random observations that probably means nothing.

Everything was supposed to be played at Lollapalooza but was cut at the last minute.
    It was being played toward the end of the show where a lot of the singles were being played.
    There have been rumors of another single being released before HM comes out.
    According to http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...f-trent-reznor Everything was one of the songs that was going to be on the Greatest Hits CD.

It also has the most scrobbles on last.fm besides the tracks that have been debuted live: http://www.last.fm/music/Nine+Inch+N...rks/Everything

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I don't know what a scrobble is.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I think it's what a hillbilly calls scrabble.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Or possibly a very tiny scrotum.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    We're almost a month out from the release; if it leaks, it won't be for at least two more weeks.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Everything gets streamed before release. I imagine the release schedule will be not all that unlike the HTDA album. I'm looking forward to Pitchfork doing that Pitchfork thing they do - the way they presented Welcome Oblivion was really slick.
    Yep, and then they'll give it a 5.1 review.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yep, and then they'll give it a 5.1 review.
    I'm calling it now HM will receive a 8.0 or higher. NIN will become trendy and I can get a part time job as a barista.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quick now someone make an animal collective and kanye west joke and we can stop talking about pitchfork for a day

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post
    LOL! What if The Eater of Dreams is in reality the intro Trent triggers on stage right before Copy of A? Just a thought, because it'd be weird to have an intro track and then a second track that starts with another intro. Pinion, HYPERPOWER!, 999,999...they're all followed by a straight forward second track.

I actually thought about this the other day by listening to the Lollapalooza show. The track time for "Copy of A" is 6:13 but on the tracklisting for Hesitation marks it is listed as 5:23, But "Eater of Dreams" is listed as 0:52 long, making the total tracks together 6:15 long... almost the exact length of the live version of "Copy of A".

I hope they are part of the same song he does live, because I don't want the song to be cut down from 6 minutes and 11 seconds to 5 and a half minutes. That's like a good chunk of the song missing, and I love the live version.

However, I thought about it further... on the setlist he doesn't have "Eater of Dreams" listed as the opening track. Where in the past he would list "Pinion" and "999,999" on the setlist, therefore I through my thought out the window and went back to thinking 35 seconds of the song are cut on the album version.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    I agree with you 100%! I do not want this to leak, because I miss the gold old fashioned days of getting pumped for an album and waiting for it's release date and running out and buying it. I remember being in grade 10 when The Fragile came out, and we left school at noon to go buy the album and go home and listen to it. Then again when [With_Teeth] came out, got up early on release date and went to buy the dual disc version and put it on my 5.1 speaker system on release date. I didn't listen to the stream before hand, and just heard the live versions of TLBTB and Getting Smaller before release date. Kinda like how i've heard a couple of the Live versions from Hesitation Marks already, I want to leave it at that and go grab the album on release date and come home and blast the fuck out of it on my stereo (I'm on vacation that week, so it'll be awesome to experience the album that way like old classic times).

Also, where the hell is meathead when you need him? I want my track by track breakdown of all the songs on the album like he did with [With_Teeth]. Someone's gonna have to step to to plate and make a similar review.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-08-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Maybe Copy of A opens much faster on the record (ie straight into vocals), whereas when he plays it live he fucks around a lot more and layers it up, affects the beat etc.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/ヘジテイション・マークス...sitation+marks

So an exclusive remix of 'Everything' will be included on Japanese versions?
    Last edited by Lerxto; 08-09-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/ヘジテイション・マークス...sitation+marks

So an exclusive remix of 'Everything' will be included on Japanese versions?
    Supposedly an autolux remix of Everything.

(that's the song "Everything," not everything on the CD just to clarify)
    That's what I've heard.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    That's what I've heard.
    http://www.factmag.com/2013/08/08/on...eluxe-edition/

Trent Reznor reaches out to experimental compatriots — and Todd Rundgren — for the deluxe version of Nine Inch Nails’ comeback album.
    The NIN Hotline (from a post on intrepid fan site Echoing the Sound) reports on the deluxe tracklisting for Hesitation Marks, as seen on iTunes. Along with the original 14-tracks, remixes by Oneohtrix Point Never, Todd Rundgren, and (Genesis) Breyer P-Orridge, and something called “Trent Reznor in Conversation With…” (with whom, we’re not sure) are included on the deluxe album. Alternatively, the Japanese version of the album will include an Autolux remix of ‘Everything’.

The expanded tracklist is below. Nine Inch Nails will play an intimate gig at London’s Scala on August 20 and has premiered a handful of new songs at recent festival gigs.
    01 The Eater of Dreams
    01 Copy of A
    03 Came Back Haunted
    04 Find My Way
    05 All Time Low
    06 Disappointed
    07 Everything
    08 Satellite
    09 Various Methods of Escape
    10 Running
    11 I Would for You
    12 In Two
    13 While I’m Still Here
    14 Black Noise
    15 Find My Way (Oneohtrix Point Never Remix)
    16 All Time Low (Todd Rundgren Remix)
    17 While I’m Still Here (Breyer P-Orridge “Howler” Remix)
    18 Trent Reznor in Conversation With…

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Why does Japan get an extra song anyways? The Japanese edition of With Teeth also had an extra song. Questions: Is there a pattern there, is it something all artists do, and for what purpose!? If its good, why not just put it on all deluxe versions?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm getting the deluxe edition (on CD). I'll wait and see on the Japanese edition. I'm not paying for the iTunes edition just for an interview, the contents of which will probably be posted all over the ninternet by the end of the day (and I'm not talking about pirated downloads - I'm just talking about people repeating anything interesting that's in the interview. I don't need to hear his voice saying it. Unless his conversation is with a synth or something like that and it's really a song.)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenfragility View Post
    Why does Japan get an extra song anyways? The Japanese edition of With Teeth also had an extra song. Questions: Is there a pattern there, is it something all artists do, and for what purpose!? If its good, why not just put it on all deluxe versions?
    The Japanese edition of Gary Numan's album Splinter gets a song called "The Dark In Me" as track 13, found out yesterday.