Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll buy it as I want it but I'll grit my teeth. The content they're giving in this is NOT worth the $20.00 pricetag, nor is something like they've done afterwards. This will be the first DLC for a game that I will agree was literally ripped straight from the game's core and then slapped with a price.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This fucking game... grind fest I must say.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    This fucking game... grind fest I must say.
    It's not to me anymore. Once you hit 20 and do the raid and get some strikes out of the way, you have great stuff. I have like 15 or 20 legendary weapons and about 6 exotic weapons. Plus the armor and rep it becomes easier.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Got everything i need so the grindfest is over. Idk how many legendaries but i have 16 of the 19 exotic weapons. All the raid gear, and any of the exotic armor youd want as a hunter or warlock. I dont even have a warlock lol. But yeah i just play rumble and skirmish and its great.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    It's not to me anymore. Once you hit 20 and do the raid and get some strikes out of the way, you have great stuff. I have like 15 or 20 legendary weapons and about 6 exotic weapons. Plus the armor and rep it becomes easier.
    I'm at level 27 Warlock right now, but it is just a pain in the ass when you keep doing raid and weekly's and keep getting the same fucking legendary weapons over and over due to the ridiculous random drops and how rare it is to even get a legendary drop. I also wish they integrated matchmaking for the raid and nightfall missions. It is a pain in the ass when you cannot find people to do them with you and having to go online and go on live forums and take an hour just to get 6 people to play.

No matter how I look at it, I love this game but there are many, MANY things that Bungie has to fix and I really hope they do that with some of the expansion packs and Destiny 2 which is already in the works.

I play the hell out of the Crucible since that is where I get the most engrams and I can get my Cryptarch level up much faster. The higher his level, the better chance you will get better stuff.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Umm...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That's hilarious. Not sure if that was the intention though.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'll buy it as I want it but I'll grit my teeth. The content they're giving in this is NOT worth the $20.00 pricetag, nor is something like they've done afterwards. This will be the first DLC for a game that I will agree was literally ripped straight from the game's core and then slapped with a price.
    it is actually quite a bit of content.

So you have 3 crucible maps: they sell maps in threes for like $10. In every other game.

2 Strikes which are like their own kind of map, call it $6.

Three Story Missions, $5-$10 depending on the game.

A new Raid, which is potentially 15 hours of content during the first playthrough. Im not sure how to value it as im sure subsequent runs will be nuch faster, but hey we are gonna play it a lot. Idk $10?

Loads of new weapons. Seriously like 20 new weapons and armor

So it actually seems like a steal for $20

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah, $20 is nothing. Also, all progression will carry over to the sequel so I think in the end they're really playing the long game...with everything eventually carrying through to the sequels in terms of progression.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    i can't believe you guys still play this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yep, it's awesome.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    1 strike for Xbox, 3 story missions, 1 raid and 3 maps. More weapons that could've been added in free patches.

It's about One sixth the content for one third the price. That's all I'm saying. I bought it anyways. I find it hilarious they missed opportunity with achievements being added but whatever.

Hope I get new stuff quick, all my friends have at least one thing from strikes and random drops.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-09-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Still got that money lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Still got that money lol.
    Basically. But I spent less since buying far Cry 4 digitally, Xbox Live Rewards gave me back $7.40 for free. So it cost me $13.60, which costed me $5.00 in actuality since I sold a digital code for a TV show I have.

WIN.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ive done most of it now.... Haha

Crota's end is not happening. Warning: the monsters in that raid start at 31 actually. And some of them go to 32. Nope. It is awesome. At least as awesome as the last raid.

Luckily the vendors now sell level 31 equips

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Ive done most of it now.... Haha

Crota's end is not happening. Warning: the monsters in that raid start at 31 actually. And some of them go to 32. Nope. It is awesome. At least as awesome as the last raid.

Luckily the vendors now sell level 31 equips
    Yeah, even on hard those story missions took 10-15 minutes tops. I beat them with one friend (two man fire team) in probably about 45 minutes time...

I haven't done the strike and the raid is out of my level for now.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah, even on hard those story missions took 10-15 minutes tops. I beat them with one friend (two man fire team) in probably about 45 minutes time...

I haven't done the strike and the raid is out of my level for now.
    The raid is the best thing in destiny. It is insane. It requires more coordination tha. Vault and is so much more intense. It is fucking damn near impossible right now but so so cool.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah done everything other than the raid, too. Solo'ed it to get the first chest (before they patch it). Sucked spending damn near all of my 300 vanguard marks to get more gear but whatev. I love this DLC and haven't even touched the new Crucible maps. I love how they're playing the slow burn approach...keeping 1-2 characters and using them through DLC's, sequels, etc. without catering to this shit generation of gamers that need the instant gratification of kiddie things like achievements or whatever...just a long, grind. Takes me back to my WoW days of just loving being in the world and playing the game instead of the insane rush to OMG BEAT IT ALL NOW I'M BORED WHERE'S THE NEXT DLC AND NEXT GAME I'M BORED ALREADY.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah done everything other than the raid, too. Solo'ed it to get the first chest (before they patch it). Sucked spending damn near all of my 300 vanguard marks to get more gear but whatev. I love this DLC and haven't even touched the new Crucible maps. I love how they're playing the slow burn approach...keeping 1-2 characters and using them through DLC's, sequels, etc. without catering to this shit generation of gamers that need the instant gratification of kiddie things like achievements or whatever...just a long, grind. Takes me back to my WoW days of just loving being in the world and playing the game instead of the insane rush to OMG BEAT IT ALL NOW I'M BORED WHERE'S THE NEXT DLC AND NEXT GAME I'M BORED ALREADY.
    I just started playing the new maps and theyre legit so far. So far the key challenge in crotas end is that you start under level no matter what and your just going to get your ass kicked, once people start reaching 31 things will be quite a bit simpler, i am sure.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah when I was going for the first solo chest you can get alone, just to see if it'd be a lucky gear hit (radiant energy...boo lol) I saw lvl 30 thralls? Dang lol...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah when I was going for the first solo chest you can get alone, just to see if it'd be a lucky gear hit (radiant energy...boo lol) I saw lvl 30 thralls? Dang lol...
    Unsure if you did the story missions on hard but the last one had level 30 thralls too.

I dread the wizards in this Raid...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Unsure if you did the story missions on hard but the last one had level 30 thralls too.

I dread the wizards in this Raid...
    Omnigul in the strike is definitely a wizard that can only be described as a pain in the ass. Naturally because she constantly tosses other wizards and Hive at you...literally the entire fight you basically need 1 of the 3 on constant crowd control to keep the waves back...what a pain.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I also got two radiant energy. Lame.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Well that chest is almost exclusively radiant materials, which right now is something everyone need about 150 of (literally). And there is a very snall chance to pull an exotic weapon and a decent chance for a class item the chests in raids arent usually what you're after.

If youre a blade dancer its possible but difficult to pass that first section by yourself, so you can activate the loot drop with a small chance for the actual armor to drop, which is what you really want. Not many leople are getting past phase 2 ANYWAY which is the last phase with loot before the boss.

The boss is nearly unkillable. It is unreasonable to expect even a skilled fireteam to take out crota, until everyone i at least 31.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Played first two checkpoints of the new raid and got the gauntlets and leg armor for my hunter.

Did the Vault of Glass 9 or 10 times, never got a single piece of armor. Hilarious.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Played first two checkpoints of the new raid and got the gauntlets and leg armor for my hunter.

Did the Vault of Glass 9 or 10 times, never got a single piece of armor. Hilarious.

I am now also a hunter in need of a chest. My crew got Crota down to a science. I've now downed him in the vicinity of ten times, because I keep getting called to sherpa groups. ALL 3 of my Crota drops today were just shards though, which was deeply disappointing. I did however land two of the new exotic weapons.... neither of which are very good.

Good luck, but bad luck :P

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I am now also a hunter in need of a chest. My crew got Crota down to a science. I've now downed him in the vicinity of ten times, because I keep getting called to sherpa groups. ALL 3 of my Crota drops today were just shards though, which was deeply disappointing. I did however land two of the new exotic weapons.... neither of which are very good.

Good luck, but bad luck :P
    Shame to hear about the exotics. Which ones you get?

I'll probably beat Crota for the first time tonight.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Shame to hear about the exotics. Which ones you get?

I'll probably beat Crota for the first time tonight.
    I received No Land Beyond, primary sniper. Possibly the worst weapon in the game. Completely unusable in every situation.
    I also received Dragon's Breath, the new Rocket Launcher. Which is decent but I don't typically use Rocket Launchers.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I received No Land Beyond, primary sniper. Possibly the worst weapon in the game. Completely unusable in every situation.
    I also received Dragon's Breath, the new Rocket Launcher. Which is decent but I don't typically use Rocket Launchers.
    Well to be fair you can't have a sniper work as a primary easily. It's not CoD.

I beat Crota for the first time just now with a group. I got the Hunger of Crota Launcher (nice), the Cryptographic shader, the Crota's End emblem and energy.

I'm ready to give it a stab next week.