Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Vault of Glass is so amazing once you're in it...the communication and strategy is much more akin to WoW than a normal FPS. It's super fun. Fuck those Gorgons though lol.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If anyone wants to do some Co-op I'm alonemusic on PSN.. I did the Earth raid today with matchmaking and it was pretty fun, if a little slow going. Nearly bit the controller when we all died just before the purple dude exploded and had to do it all over again. Got to Venus in the story, loved the stuff on the moon mostly because it was stunning. I guess one plus is that I've now played the game for longer than most FPS's, so I'm happy with that thus far.
    They need to do Sparrow racing though. Those sound effects and physics are far too fun for just going from a to b.. I need me some Wipeout style action on those things...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looks like the dickhead "Lizard Squad" hacked Activision servers to tank Destiny and Call of Duty: Ghosts. The objective for doing it is?

I hate retards.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Same morons did it about a week and a half ago, only was down for about 10 minutes. Complete losers...DDoS attacks? Weak lol.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    These lizard squad people need to fuck off. Likely a bunch of kids who no one gives two shits about in real life, and are starved for attention.

Haven't done the raid yet. Still stuck on lvl 25. And I don't really have anyone to raid with. Granted, there's a few of us on here. But, are there six of us? Plus, I'm really tired of trying to get better armor atm. Just lost all motivation to keep grinding bounties, etc.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    These lizard squad people need to fuck off. Likely a bunch of kids who no one gives two shits about in real life, and are starved for attention.

Haven't done the raid yet. Still stuck on lvl 25. And I don't really have anyone to raid with. Granted, there's a few of us on here. But, are there six of us? Plus, I'm really tired of trying to get better armor atm. Just lost all motivation to keep grinding bounties, etc.
    Conan and October are only on Xbox One for me so yeah, split platforms don't help for finding friends here to do it.

A lot of people hate it and most of the community can't even play it so I'm sure they'll pull the heads out of their asses and just add in matchmaking like they should have at the start.

I'm also sorry to call the Bungie statements about strangers not communicating or working together (their reasoning not to add matchmaking) to be ignorant bullshit. If you're serious enough to play and want to succeed people do work together. I can't tell you how many times I've played as a lone wolf on Gears of War 3 and end up talking, communicating and flanking enemies with my teammates via mic and strategy.

As for having this "dedicated to hardcore clan players" angle is a poor way to handle it. I play games quite a lot and have dumped a lot of time in this game but since I can't easily obtain 5 other players with the same gametime and schedule as me this entire portion of the game is just locked off to me and I can't even attempt it more than the one half assed time that I did with a rag tag amount of weirdos me and my friend found at the tower.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I agree they should have matchmaking but i appreciate tyat the lack of matchmaking has forced my friends and i to work that much more closely with each other. I wouldnt underestimate the need for communicatiin in nightfall and vault of glass. If ONE player is off mic in VoG it is just not happening.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's already a hassle to to reach 26. Finding five others is another hassle. Especially when so many people I know are either running it with others, or scattered between consoles. Probably trading it in today for Mordor.

I've realized that I may never be able to run the raid. Once I hit 30, then what? Same missions again and again, no progression. I'm kinda over it at this point. Doesn't help that the "expansions" are just missions in the same areas I've grown sick of.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Reached level 27 and i'm in no mood to fucking wait it out for ascended shard. the PVP is growing old, it's the same shit over and over but with frustrating gameplay which makes my hands hurt of arthritis.

Everythng Bungie does is frustrating. Why can't they have a run always option? Seriously, they were late to the sprinting, and now they're late on the controls where i have to constantly press the damn button. It kilsl my hands.

I'm done with the game. Solid 3 weeks.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ascendant shards out the ass. No legendary armor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Loving this game so far. I got my Warlock up to level 27 last night and luckily got an exotic helmet out of a legendary engram before I even had a legendary item. My dude is stocked up now in the armor department, now I just need some legendary/exotic weapons! Haven't been able to do a Vault of Glass rid since I don't know many people who play right now. Hopefully they add matchmaking to that.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Ascendant shards out the ass. No legendary armor.
    That's terrible.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Niw that tye cryptarch is fixed it feels like a different game, in a good way. A lot of the chase weapons feel like they are within reach. Apparently nightfall strikes now guarantee an exotic.... Unfortunately i finished this weeks nightfall before that went in to effect, but there is only so much left to get anyway.

Been at 29 for a while... I only have one piece of raid gear, and i need 2. More for thirty... It could he months, so im contented to just hit crucible hard, my squad and i wreck people.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    so im contented to just hit crucible hard, my squad and i wreck people.
    This game is not kind to randoms. It's balancing is bad. I literally played a full 1.5 hours and lost every single match, every fucking one while being the top points person from both teams each game.

Like Halo you HAVE to go in with friends.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Shout out though for hating something so much and sinking so much time in to it though lol...level 27 did you say? smh

If you don't like doing something, don't do it. My fuckin' 10 year old nephew already figured that one out.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I tried. .. I gave up... traded it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    The Traveler can no longer move any more. Why we do not know, as told in the story. The darkness has gathered to wipe humanity out once and for all. The Traveler is using ghosts to seek out protectors or 'Guardians' as warriors of Light to fight the Dark because it can no longer move. You want to protect the Tower because it is humanity's last safe zone, you want to protect the Traveler because humanity is doomed without it. Exactly what the Traveler is no one knows, that's where the intrigue is.

The story is compelling to me, albeit it'd be nice if it were fleshed out more in the game. But people need to realise this is an online game that is designed to be played multiple times. If we had longer cut scenes we'd all be complaining about the unskippable cut scenes. Before you start, yes they do need to be unskippable so you wouldn't ruin it for anyone else who might be playing it for the first time, or for someone who wants to watch the story again.
    I just finally finished the story a few days ago. I pretty much agree with you. I don't find the story horrible I've played games with worst stories than this, I also found it a bit compelling. If anything what the story and the game suffers from is shallowness. Like the ideas are there but they weren't fleshed out, I think one review title said it best "Shoot now, build later" or something to that degree. I have always doubted the 10 year plan that Bungie said in the beginning but if they support this game and add content that is interesting and expands the game then this could only be the start of a bigger story and vision unfolding. I'm interested to see what the expansions bring and where they go after the first two. Having a good time playing this game for the most part.

I am at level 23 right now just trying to do the best I can to level up to the cap of 30. Wish the Raids would also be matchmaking but whatever maybe they'll change that.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So they aren't making more games? Just adding to this one? The game had so much potential for story. The ways it starts got me hyped up. Last city of humanity? Sounds awesome. Then after a few hours, it just feels like an afterthought, and the game you're playing is the left overs of all that. It could've gone in so many directions.

Then the game "opens up" at lvl 20. By open up, I mean repeating the same things over and over again. I play mmorpgs. So, I know a few things about grinding/farming. This was extreme and taken to a whole new level. Eventually, I lost interest. .. A

If they add enough content or make it a little more bearable, I'll buy it again. But aside from crucible, it all felt like a waste.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    They are doing two sequels over the next 10 years, this doesn't include DLC. More is always better (so long as it's quality), but as it is I'm satisfied with the amount of content in Destiny. I've spent about 35 hours and I'm not done with it yet (level 24) - I think that's adequate.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    If you're still on board, Xur is selling Icebreaker this weekend.

Ive had it for a few weeks and it is THE best PVE weapon in the game. Pick that shit up!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    If you're still on board, Xur is selling Icebreaker this weekend.

Ive had it for a few weeks and it is THE best PVE weapon in the game. Pick that shit up!
    My friend bought it. With that as his sniper rifle and my Invective (two slots from fully upgraded) we'll be a force.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finally managed to do the Raid. Got the Corrective Measures Machine Gun and the Chatterwhite shader....replaying now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Damn, my friends and I just ran through it in about 45 minutes and I still get nothing but Ascendants and my 3rd or 4th Chatterwhite. All I need for the full raid set is the chest armor and I'll be damned if I can get it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Damn, my friends and I just ran through it in about 45 minutes and I still get nothing but Ascendants and my 3rd or 4th Chatterwhite. All I need for the full raid set is the chest armor and I'll be damned if I can get it.
    Me and my one friend (we played with his to have full team) got nothing on the earlier checkpoints but shards and energy. I have them coming out the wazoo now. Meanwhile two members of the fireteam got exotic weapons...

My first Raid was a disappointment. I HATE Machine Guns. I would've taken ANY weapon instead.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I hear ya. I've got the raid sniper like 5 times. Now sitting on 50+ shards 40+ energy with nothing to use it on haha.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    you guys are NUTS, corrective measure is one of the best raid weapons, second only to Vision of Confluence and Fatebringer. that gun is AMAZING.

Did the hard raid three times this week already, I got a SECOND mythoclast.... but still no last word.... been waiting for so long...

Sitting at 30, so it's the only thing left for me to get.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    you guys are NUTS, corrective measure is one of the best raid weapons, second only to Vision of Confluence and Fatebringer. that gun is AMAZING.

Did the hard raid three times this week already, I got a SECOND mythoclast.... but still no last word.... been waiting for so long...

Sitting at 30, so it's the only thing left for me to get.
    I've plateaued at level 28 for close to 3 weeks....it sucks. To break up my current boring loadout I've been using non-stop (Strange Suspect/Red Death Pulse Rifles, Invective and Steel Oracle launcher) I have equipped the Epitaph sniper rifle, bought The Devil You Know handcannon and have decided to use what I got last night. I hate Machine Guns (I'm a launcher guy) BUT I did equip it. It has amazing accuracy and really decent damage. I might just stick with it to make it even better. That Super Good Advice MG is dogshit. The entire clip misses most of the time since it has piss poor accuracy; for an exotic weapon it's a joke. It was the easiest and best choice for my most recent exotic bounty though, hence me getting it.

I want and need more exotics. I don't hope to ever get one of the Raid only exotics, I have too much bad luck to get one of them. Sucks.

I hope Xur has a good weapon this week. I have 23 coins ready to go for a purchase.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-23-2014 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I've plateaued at level 28 for close to 3 weeks....it sucks. To break up my current boring loadout I've been using non-stop (Strange Suspect/Red Death Pulse Rifles, Invective and Steel Oracle launcher) I have equipped the Epitaph sniper rifle, bought The Devil You Know handcannon and have decided to use what I got last night. I hate Machine Guns (I'm a launcher guy) BUT I did equip it. It has amazing accuracy and really decent damage. I might just stick with it to make it even better. That Super Good Advice MG is dogshit. The entire clip misses most of the time since it has piss poor accuracy; for an exotic weapon it's a joke. It was the easiest and best choice for my most recent exotic bounty
    though, hence me getting it.

I want and need more exotics. I don't hope to ever get one of the Raid only exotics, I have too much bad luck to get one of them. Sucks.

I hope Xur has a good weapon this week. I have 23 coins ready to go for a purchase.
    I sat at 29 for about a month. I had to complete the raid at least 10 times to get the armorset.

The only raid exotic comes from killing the boss on hard, the Vex Mythoclast. it has lost it's flare,since they nerfed it in an update.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I sat at 29 for about a month. I had to complete the raid at least 10 times to get the armorset.

The only raid exotic comes from killing the boss on hard, the Vex Mythoclast. it has lost it's flare,since they nerfed it in an update.
    I won't hit 30 for a long time as me even being in a group to do Raid was fluke. Who knows though.

They realized they fucked up so they're going to rebuff the Mythoclast. I still hope to get it regardless.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-23-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

They realized they fucked up so they're going to rebuff the Mythoclast.
    Bungie is awful. They really don't know wtf they're doing. Even with Destiny what's good about the game is that Halo Ce formula they've been riding for over 10 years.