Page 293 of 528 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 393 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,790 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    super inappropriate, seemingly personal photo of Trent in a hotel room.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Happy 8th birthday to The Slip. *At least as far as the actual CD/DVD package goes.*

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    There's a nine inch nails tribute band playing tonight in stl called somewhat damaged, I'm excited to see what they put together for a set.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I had a thought that whatever was left of Bleedthrough became Year Zero. Think about it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    There's a nine inch nails tribute band playing tonight in stl called somewhat damaged, I'm excited to see what they put together for a set.
    So they were alright, my only gripe was that the singer was trying to imitate how Trent acted during the downward spiral era (ie high out of his mind) when he clearly wasn't. The setlist wasn't bad, it was cool seeing we're in this together and no you don't because I know Trent will never ever play those songs ever again. I'm uploading a video now.

set:

Pinion
    Terrible Lie
    Gave Up
    March of the Pigs
    Closer
    Wish
    No You Don't
    We're in this Together
    Hand That Feeds
    Head Like a Hole
    Hurt

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    So they were alright, my only gripe was that the singer was trying to imitate how Trent acted during the downward spiral era (ie high out of his mind) when he clearly wasn't. The setlist wasn't bad, it was cool seeing we're in this together and no you don't because I know Trent will never ever play those songs ever again. I'm uploading a video now.

set:

Pinion
    Terrible Lie
    Gave Up
    March of the Pigs
    Closer
    Wish
    No You Don't
    We're in this Together
    Hand That Feeds
    Head Like a Hole
    Hurt

god even a lame tribute band ends the show with the same old boring trio of THTF, HLAH and Hurt

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    god even a lame tribute band ends the show with the same old boring trio of THTF, HLAH and Hurt

I SAID THE SAME THING!! If I had known they were pulling that shit I'd have left during hand that feeds lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    No MOTP/Piggy combo though, they still haven't mastered this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    In my opinion I think HLAH should be played at most NIN shows along with Hurt. Those two songs are essential to the NIN experience. I mean it's fine to change it up every once in awhile but 9 times out of 10, I would go with the classic end songs.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I dont mind HLAH but THTF should never be played again and Hurt should be retired. Its bordering on self parody to still be playing that song. He has so many better ballads to choose from (I will take SICNH any day of the week over Hurt)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I dont mind HLAH but THTF should never be played again and Hurt should be retired. Its bordering on self parody to still be playing that song. He has so many better ballads to choose from (I will take SICNH any day of the week over Hurt)
    Yeah but Johnny Cash didn't cover it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Yeah but Johnny Cash didn't cover it.
    I'm gonna get some shit for this probably, but I feel like Hurt became legend status once Cash covered it. Johnny fuckin' Cash covered Nine Inch Nails. That's an amazing endorsement.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 07-24-2016 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I'm gonna get some shit for this probably, but I feel like Hurt became legend status once Cash covered it. Johnny fuckin' Cash covered Nine Inch Nails. That's an amazing endorsement.
    if Johnny requested to cover it then yeah...but i am sure he had no clue who the hell TR even was and was just doing what rick rubin told him to do

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    It went from being a non-single (radio release only, no proper video) to a billboard charter, of course it gained a lot from that

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    if Johnny requested to cover it then yeah...but i am sure he had no clue who the hell TR even was and was just doing what rick rubin told him to do
    In that case, Danzig ought to be closing every show with Thirteen - the song he wrote for Johnny Cash (and who then recorded it), and then covered it himself on Danzig 6.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    What the fuck are you all talking about? That's the best TR song, period. Objectively. I would ask for my money back if NIN didn't play it and if TR did some kind of solo show you'd better fucking believe he'd close with it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Whether people like it or not, Hurt is definitely one of NIN's most well-known songs and pretty much any show it's played at has the entire venue singing along to it. It's extremely well-loved by a ton of people, whether they're even familiar with the band much at all or not. It's more worthy of being a staple than Piggy is and everyone's fine with that, it seems. Now it'd be great if they changed up the placement of it at shows like they used to again, but, hey, it seems to have worked for the audience whenever I've seen them, and it seems to work for the audience of any video I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I want a David Bowie cover for next tour that isn't I'm Afraid Of Americans.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I want a David Bowie cover for next tour that isn't I'm Afraid Of Americans.
    They really could do amazing covers of Subterraneans, Look Back In Anger or Heroes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Repetition

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Not sure if I'm reading some people's posts wrong??? Hurt got radio play back in 94/95, along with MTV play in 1995 for that live vid. Peoples opinions may vary on this board but it's a great song/live vid and should always be a staple. People love that tune live, one of the better crowd pleasers, and always see people shed a tear during a show when Hurt comes on.

If repetion is an issue I'd suggest to never go to a NIN show again. Unless TR announces something like WG again- which would include Hurt anyways.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    They really could do amazing covers of Subterraneans, Look Back In Anger or Heroes.
    Call up Pino Palladino and cover Fashion...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    They really could do amazing covers of Subterraneans
    Yassss... bring back the Dissonance arrangement with TR on sax

Last edited by botley; 07-25-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I look at the tracklistings of TR's favorite records (Low and Scary Monsters) and I don't see too many songs that would work for NIN. Aside from Subterraneans and Scary Monsters, I guess NIN could cover Breaking Glass, Always Crashing... or other Low/Heroes instrumentals.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I think he could do a pretty decent cover of Crystal Japan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can see him covering It's No Game Part 2

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    As i get older (i'm 36) and reflect on the music that has been the soundtrack to my life, i continuously take stock of it in my head and think of how much it affected me, how powerful it was/is.

And just thinking about that, The Great Below just might be the most moving thing i've ever heard

Also, everyone knows that Johnny Cash wrote hurt and The Nine Inch Nails covered it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-25-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Scream like a baby. Its no game PART 1. Up the hill backwards.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Scary Monsters IS a NIN song written and recorded a decade before NIN even existed....TR can nail that one live, even better than the 95 version when he just did mostly backing vox

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just about seven months of the year have passed. Best guesses for when new nin comes out? My guess is either a surprise release in September or an announcement in September for a November release.