Page 219 of 528 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 319 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,570 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Just started FIXED high and i already think I'm dead. Wish me luck guys
    OH MY GOD GAVE UP IS HILARIOUS! AND HE'S SAYING TOKYO
    i invented a dance called The Robot just now.
    Trent reznor wrote fight club. Think about it!
    i can't believe people listen to this sober. I'm marilyn manson right now. Sorry @Hazekiah trigger warning.
    Last edited by Wolfkiller; 03-28-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    What's the problem with encyclopaedia dramatica? I thought it was pretty funny
    It's symptomatic of troll culture. Hell, it is troll culture.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Woodstock performance was faked on the moon. Think about it!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    this is problematic for sure, but the biggest problem is that it tries very hard but never gets funny for real. the reason you know it's trolling is precisely because it isn't actually funny.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    It also seems like the same exact thing can be said about 4chan too. Anyway, I've often thought that the humor of both sites wouldn't really fly well on ETS most of the time anyway.

I have also seen an article of Trent Reznor on Encyclopedia Dramatica, but to my surprise, saw no separate article on Nine Inch Nails. I thought the "band" itself would've also been spoofed to hell too, as they also have articles on actual bands like Radiohead and Slipknot for instance.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-29-2015 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Regarding the TR/Romanek thing. Could it be possible Romanek is directing the Tension DVD?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Regarding the TR/Romanek thing. Could it be possible Romanek is directing the Tension DVD?
    That would have been directed the night it was filmed, and I'm pretty sure (though not certain) the guy who did that is known. I kinda remember some guy saying he had directed the Tension stuff, it's the same guy who stated it was 4 shows....or 2? My memory is very fuzzy on the whole thing

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Happy Birthday to Strobe Light!
    Spinning this album today for the first time in months. Sounds damn fresh.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    That would have been directed the night it was filmed, and I'm pretty sure (though not certain) the guy who did that is known. I kinda remember some guy saying he had directed the Tension stuff, it's the same guy who stated it was 4 shows....or 2? My memory is very fuzzy on the whole thing
    It's Kerry Asmussen.

http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/thread/2442

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Actually the guy said he only directed 2 of the 4 shows involved

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    The fart noises on Echoing the Sound on April Fools' Day remind me of Things Falling Apart, because of the sound made on the 0:06 mark of The Wretched (Version) and the 1:56 mark of The Frail (Version). I'd imagine those sounds would go well when mixed in fart noises too, even though that part on The Frail (Version) already sounds like actual farts.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

And well, Things Falling Afart?

All that farting also reminded me of this particular article from The Meathead Perspective as well.

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp040126.htm

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    The fart noises on Echoing the Sound on April Fools' Day...

That explains it. The sounds came on at work but I thought they came from one of the other three dozen tabs I had open... My colleague was too polite to ask anything and I felt I'd make it worse by trying to explain from where they came.
    Last edited by hobochic; 04-01-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^^Wow! That would had been hilarious if I had the speakers up on the desktop in the classroom! I think I will do that 3rd hour.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Actually the guy said he only directed 2 of the 4 shows involved
    This must be where my confusion on how many shows there were came from

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Um, so if you're twiddling your thumbs, you could join me in annotating the crap out of NIN on Genius.com
    Go nuts.
    edit: Oh my god, please help, some of these interpretations are so wrong, it's killing me.
    Last edited by scorpiusdiamond; 04-03-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    Just started FIXED high and i already think I'm dead. Wish me luck guys
    OH MY GOD GAVE UP IS HILARIOUS! AND HE'S SAYING TOKYO
    i invented a dance called The Robot just now.
    Trent reznor wrote fight club. Think about it!
    i can't believe people listen to this sober. I'm marilyn manson right now. Sorry @Hazekiah trigger warning.
    Okay, you tagged me.

I'm here now. I don't get it.

Exactly WHAT part of this goofy nonsense am I supposed to give a fuck about?

o_O

Well, w/e.

Since I'm here anyway...

The most high I'VE ever been listening to Fixed (and OMFG you don't even know how hard I've tried to top it) was back in '97 when Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope was released in theaters in the "Special Edition" format.

I'd done my best to arrange a get-together with five of my pals from the middle-of-nowhere descending that night upon the suburban college town I lived near, expecting to drop like omfg the strongest, double-dipped, laser-printed, perforated, fucking BADASS acid in the world on the way to see the movie together. Having spent all my limited funds procuring the acid for everyone, however, I'd failed to buy tickets for the movie premiere itself, which I hadn't realized until that night was pretty much sold out worldwide weeks in advance. D'oh!

So, after much bartering with the manager since we were underage, we got a cheap-o motel for the night instead and I brought my boombox and a couple CDs I thought would be OMFGKILLER to hear while tripping. We all double-dosed the double-dipped hits (Ax4, w00t!) and settled in while I started playing D.J./trip-guide.

One of the CDs I brought was Troublegum by Therapy?, which btw...OMFG ONE OF THE GREATEST ALBUMS EVER. It's like 14 1/2 songs long but barely over half-an-hour long so we were only just realllllly getting there towards the end of it. But everyone was OF COURSE digging on it HARD so I threw in the band's pretty obscure and kinda hard-to-find import single/E.P. I'd recently gotten annnnnd shit started going haywire. One of Therapy's big singles was called "Die Laughing," so they had a CD-single for it with a couple awesome live/b-side bonus tracks packaged in a case that actually fucking laughed at you when you opened it.

For example...

In my zeal to blow everyone's mind with the awesome bonus tracks, I probably kinda oversold the awesomeness of the packaging, and I inadvertently opened the (extremely overpriced and hard-to-replace) case wide enough that it wouldn't stop laughing. Which was mostly fine, except we were ALL kinda starting to COMPLETELY lose it by then, and even after we shoved it between the mattress and bed frame we could still hear it laughing at us between songs. Which I personally thought was FUCKING AWESOME but everyone else pretty much wanted to kill me for, lol.

So I tossed the damned thing in the bathtub, shut the door, and put Fixed on instead.

OMFG.

I'd recently found some primitive website that quoted all the Timothy Leary excerpts and shit sampled on there and I was making sure everyone knew exactly wtf they where hearing. Again, I was OMFG TOTALLY INTO IT and everyone else was pretty much FREAKING THE FUCK OUT, lol. Poor kids! When the whole E.P. built its way up to the INSANELY frenetic crescendo of "Fist Fuck" and finally got to the Showboat sample before going completely apeshit at the end, all of a sudden one of my pals got sick from the intensity of it all and had to run into the bathroom to puke.

We gave them some space for a few minutes until the CD ended. When we went to check in on them, there they were curled-up on the floor and practically catatonic with fear from the reverberating sound of the laughing CD case we all forgot was in there with them in the echo-chamber of the bathtub, omfglololol.

XD

So they took care of THEM while I went outside and threw the CD case in the trunk of the car. A few minutes later someone went to the car for smokes and said they could hear someone laughing from inside the trunk from across the lot and that people were looking at them funny, and since it was all kinda my fault and NONE OF US was in ANY position to explain ourselves to anyone, I just said FUCK IT and ripped the damn CD case in half to be done with it all finally.

The poor bathroom kid eventually recovered but this whole other guy who was there went batshit crazy and has been completely fucked in the head ever since, but he kinda was already before that anyway (funny how that works!) and everyone else had a fucking BLAST, so who gives a fuck, it's w/e and we'll just chalk that one up as a learning experience but mostly an EPIC FUCKING WIN, lol.

And THAT, my friend, is how you listen to Fixed high.

Oh, and Manson kicks ass, btw.

: P

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hello forumers. A fellow member asked this question on the questions forum but people haven't replied yet. Anyone have the answer to this?

"Speaking of which (Year Zero period), does anyone know where THE BEST resource documenting ALL the hidden website stuff (content/meaning/how it was found/etc.) might be? I know there were several different compilation-websites put together for that purpose at the time and pretty quickly afterward, I'm just looking for opinions (and links? w00t) regarding whichever sites have been deemed
    most comprehensive for the full picture and organization/ease-of-browsing."

And while we're on that note...wasn't ets (or someone here once upon a time) the spearhead of some effort to package all that Year Zero website/concept album insanity on an interactive DVD with branching menus? OMFG, I'd especiallylove to see that! Did it ever happen? Someone PLZ say YES and link me there!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I don’t know why, but I find Mr Self Destruct to be by far the most humorous song title in the nin discography.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    I don’t know why, but I find Mr Self Destruct to be by far the most humorous song title in the nin discography.
    Are you aware he didn't even come up with it? It's another Soft Cell reference

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    More humorous than Kinda I Want To? What about Big Man With A Gun? Even Deeper? *snicker*

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Are you aware he didn't even come up with it? It's another Soft Cell reference
    It's still cool anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    More humorous than Kinda I Want To? What about Big Man With A Gun? Even Deeper? *snicker*
    I think the Doctor meant intentionally funny.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I've been playing Piggy on a non stop loop for days now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    And I've watched Tension on youtube three times in a row...happily.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darksiren82 View Post
    And I've watched Tension on youtube three times in a row...happily.
    And I've listened to the entirety of All That There Ever Was three times in as many days.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm graduating college in May, and my school (University of North Texas) let's us design our the top of our cap. My roommate is going to put the cover of Strobelight on mine. Pretty fucking stoked for this.

edit: will post pics of progress when we start making it.
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 04-08-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Jesus fucking Christ, I check back here after a year and literally nothing happened. I've heard more NIN from The Walking Dead, than from NIN itself.

How
    Can
    You
    Not
    Even
    Have
    A
    Release
    Date
    To
    A
    Live
    DVD
    Which
    Was
    Supposed
    To
    Be
    Released
    One
    Year
    Ago
    And
    Even
    Then
    We
    Could
    Watch
    Half
    Of
    The
    Material
    ?

If it won't be 3D with 2Pac and MJ digitally edited into the stage I won't accept any excuses. And of course, include the Everything MV+rehearsals. Dickhead.

Still love you though, Trent.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, I check back here after a year and literally nothing happened.
    Some of us come here every day

how do you think we feel?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, I check back here after a year and literally nothing happened.
    Uh, you were here in December.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    He's also not paying attention very well

in the last year, there's been the Australian tour with QOTSA, the Grammys debacle, and a double album of new soundtrack music.

Not to mention that trip he took to Disneyworld with Mariqueen and his kids. Actual photographic proof of TR having fun. How often do we get that?