Page 24 of 263 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah TIMP, i remember... you and i almost made a few trades on the old ETS board. if i had $40 to play with id mos def ask you to grab me one.

maybe ill walk down to my record store and see if anything has appeared...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Obviously I know a bump of this thread is fairly pointless for new album news, but apparently Aaron Turner of ISIS has mentioned that (from the band themselves) recording for the new album is now looking to start in early 2013.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Early 2013...of course.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Should lock this thread till 2013

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    My bet is on late 2014...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tool @ Ozzfest Japan
    http://ozzfestjapan.com/bands.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    TO START in early 2013. If it isn't already written and quickly recorded we are looking at a 2014 release date.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The interesting thing at this point is that Tool could have actually written--and even recorded--quite a bit. It's not as if the band doesn't have ample recording equipment at their disposal. Hell, Maynard has been recording his Puscifer vocals in his wine cellars. It's not unheard of for bands to collaborate and record long-distance.

I'm not saying this is the case. Just food for thought. There's no room to be all doom and gloom.

EDIT: IIRC, that's actually how the majority of Lateralus was written while MJK was touring with A Perfect Circle.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortysixand2 View Post
    Wow, so far that's the best Ozzfest lineup i've seen in years (at least a decade). And that's probably nowhere near a full list.
    If this toured North America next summer, i'd probably travel to see a show.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    TO START in early 2013. If it isn't already written and quickly recorded we are looking at a 2014 release date.
    I've always been under the impression that they usually have the album written before they go into the recording studio, then, once they start recording, they're usually done fairly quickly. So if the album's already written and all they're doing is recording, then I'd put money on a mid to late summer, maybe, at the latest, early fall release date. We could have new Tool within a year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I've always been under the impression that they usually have the album written before they go into the recording studio, then, once they start recording, they're usually done fairly quickly. So if the album's already written and all they're doing is recording, then I'd put money on a mid to late summer, maybe, at the latest, early fall release date. We could have new Tool within a year.

You're impression is correct. They usually go into the studio with about 90% of the material written. The thing is it takes about 4 months or so to record, tack on another couple of months for mixing, mastering, manufacturing etc... by that time it's almost fall. Hopefully it's released late summer/early fall, because Tool also have a history of not releasing albums during the Xmas shopping rush.

Here's hoping you're right and we get it in 2013

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    What stage are you at in the writing process for the new Tool album?

Danny: We have six or seven really good frameworks that we're working on. We're over half way in my opinion. The first tune is always hard to get polished off. It seems like on every record, we have this big epic thing like 'Rosetta', 'Wings for Marie' or 'Lateralus'. That's the one we're focusing on now. Once we knock out that, the other songs fall into place around it. We're right on the fringe of knocking that big one out. We're all excited and it seems to have progressed really well.

Full interview.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    over half way... meaning 2017 sounds about right

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    since we don't have a dedicated topic, i'm leaving this here

for sale/trade: cd-single "prison sex" (made in uk, 4 tracks, includes live songs "undertow" and "opiate")

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

I love that Puscifer retweeted that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tool

Not exactly tool news per say but Adam jones proposed to his girlfriend at the royal rumble

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Classy lol

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    most romantic shit, ever!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure if true or typical Tool antics:

http://loudwire.com/tool-member-badl...album-delayed/

The New Year started off on a bad note as far as writing and arranging sessions for Tool’s next record. For the most part this was due to a ‘minor’ accident on a Vespa scooter (slick road conditions being the cause) by a certain band member that resulted in several broken ribs and a dislocated shoulder. Because of the physical nature of the musical instrument involved, 9 DAYS of jamming were lost, although I’m happy to report that the person involved is recovering nicely, so much so, in fact, that writing sessions resumed last Monday (January 21), despite it being a holiday for many.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Um, so this sucks a lot...

When asked by Radio Futuro if a new Tool album will be released soon, Keenan simply replied, “No new disc. Not this year … I have not written any songs. So no, there is nothing.”

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Tool

I really cannot grasp how difficult it is for this band to produce music.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I really cannot grasp how difficult it is for this band to produce music.
    Agreed. Very much agreed. At this point, nobody with a half a brain doesn't fully acknowledge that a) they're all busy individuals and b) grown ass men who could do what they want when they want, if they want... but yeah if it takes this long to make an album, perhaps I'd say just call it a day and move on(?)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I really believe they are done with this band. Especially MJK.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah I hear that and to be honest, at this point...I'm almost of the opinion that it's the better thing for everyone. If MJK showed any type of interest in it sure, but when/if the new album drops, knowing that he frankly couldn't care less about it will make it sort of dead to me in a way.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    What's the hurry? It'll come when it comes.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The hurry is the fact that the media and people around the camp keep bringing up that new music is being wirtten or records are trying to be put out this year yadda, yadda.

People are getting interested again, like I. I would like new tunes.

Hell, I would love an instrumental album, MJK is not the highlight of the band for me so I could careless for vocals.