Page 25 of 264 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    They say in the article how MJK messes with the media and their fans and die hard fans of Tool know this.. but those statements just seems like he can give a crap about writing for a new Tool record AND a new APC record; a single would be nice to hear after all of these centuries. Instead of just hinting that this could happen.... this might happen... now probably no new record at all, just scrap it already. It's just tiresome to care what these bands are doing anymore.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-04-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Tool

Its been 7 years now. I started caring less about a year ago. When they feel like actually getting some work done, they'll do it. New Tool album would be cool. I don't want a forced album though. So if they're uninspired (which seems to be the case), I'm fine without an album.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    That's a good point. You can't force inspiration. I kind of get the feeling that's actually the root cause of all this. They're just not feeling it right now. And that's fine. Like you said, I'd rather have nothing than have them try to force something to come together.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    When asked by Radio Futuro if a new Tool album will be released soon, Keenan simply replied, “No new disc. Not this year … I have not written any songs. So no, there is nothing.”
    Well I guess that's it. Any Tool fan knows that when Maynard says something publicly, he absolutely means it and couldn't possibly be lying at all to make a fucking point.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I really believe they are done with this band. Especially MJK.
    It doesn't really matter what you believe, they're not. There are many sources (including band members themselves) who say that Tool is writing music right now.

I hope my few years as a Tool fan aren't indicative of the regular nature of other Tool fans. If so, you're all a bunch of whiny bastards. This thread is so full of "Oh god they're taking too long to make an album, surely the band is over and I'm done being a fan because I'm too entitled to wait! If they won't release albums according to my schedule then they don't deserve my money! Boohoo!" It's hilarious.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yes, us wanting new music from a band that we love is an absolute bitch fest.

Especially since its been what, 7 years since the last album?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I hope my few years as a Tool fan aren't indicative of the regular nature of other Tool fans. If so, you're all a bunch of whiny bastards. This thread is so full of "Oh god they're taking too long to make an album, surely the band is over and I'm done being a fan because I'm too entitled to wait! If they won't release albums according to my schedule then they don't deserve my money! Boohoo!" It's hilarious.
    There's taking too long and then there's not working on it. 7 years ago this May 10,000 Days was released. Focus for all members doesn't seem to be Tool, least to me anyways.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    You complainers must be Tool noobs (Toobs?), especially the ones jumping up and down when MJK yanks your chain. Live your life, think about and listen to other things, and new Tool will come to you when it's good and ready, and it will be worth it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

There's nothing wrong with that. I very very much want to hear new Tool myself, that's fine. It's all the dramatic nonsense that gets me. I keep seeing people acting so extreme about it. So many people saying they've just given up on the band and they're turning in their fan card. I don't really understand how a long delay between albums makes you stop being a fan of something. Do people just retroactively decide to hate the older stuff because there's no new stuff yet? It's all just so dramatic and strange.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It's all part of the "Tool mystique", aka Maynard being too ripped on his own vintage of wine to be lucid enough to record new songs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    People acting like they're entitled to a new Tool album are probably the main reason why the band haven't recorded it in the first place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    You complainers must be Tool noobs (Toobs?), especially the ones jumping up and down when MJK yanks your chain. Live your life, think about and listen to other things, and new Tool will come to you when it's good and ready, and it will be worth it.
    Thank God somebody gets it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I want them to pull a Bauhaus and just call it quits right after the album is out. They don't tour anywhere closer than 1000km to me anyway so fuck the tour.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Bring on Undertow: XX anniversary remastered edition!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    You complainers must be Tool noobs (Toobs?)
    I think they're just call tools.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Tool

If its taking them 7+ years to write an album, there's a problem. I do genuinely believe they have probably written some music. You can't force these guys to sit in a room and just push out a album to cater to the fan base. Maynard's more into his Puscifer stuff and his vineyard. I'm fine if there won't be a new album. If they were to call it quits, I'd be fine with it.

I do believe there will be another album. I've just gotten to a point where I could really care less on when it happens. And whenever it does, I'll get it.

Reznor took years between albums. None of us are used to this?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    There's nothing wrong with that. I very very much want to hear new Tool myself, that's fine. It's all the dramatic nonsense that gets me. I keep seeing people acting so extreme about it. So many people saying they've just given up on the band and they're turning in their fan card. I don't really understand how a long delay between albums makes you stop being a fan of something. Do people just retroactively decide to hate the older stuff because there's no new stuff yet? It's all just so dramatic and strange.
    I never said anything about hating anything, but i understand your point as well.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This argument has been said on this board probably 290,398 times over the past half a decade and adding another on the tally doesn't make it any less stale. I've been listening to Tool for almost 20 fuckin' years. Nobody in the past few pages has said anything that came off as 'self-entitled'. If you actually go back and take the few minutes to, you know, read them...you'd see that it's not a case of us deserving a new album. The main point was that at this point, anyone in their position would have to know that it's not just a case of people feeling entitled...it's that interest has waned to a point of not caring anymore. That can ruin the 'mystique' as well.

I know that on this forum there's a handful of people that like a select group of artists to the point that they're hanging directly off of their nuts...check the Manson thread for proof. Tool could release a snippet of a song called 'If You've Waited 7 Years For This, You're a Fucking Idiot.' and you'd have a sea of people crying out 'IT'S ART! YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT! THAT SHIT IS AWESOME!' Apparently having an opinion on an album that's taking forever by a group of guys that appear to be about 0.7% interested in even doing it is not 'living your life' or 'thinking about other things'. Everyone's used to this, the time isn't an issue, it's the point that by the time it comes out after years of seeing MJK completely disinterested...hearing it is going to be a big 'Well, that was ok at best.'

And I wonder why that'll be the case?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    In light of the absence of new Tool material, I'm questing for a high quality copy of Dave Ogilvie's remix of Stinkfist. I have no idea how viable this quest is, but if I'm successful, I'll seek out his rumored 46&2 remix.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

It took 22 years for the new My Bloody Valentine album, and the last David Bowie album was in 2003, now 10 years later he has a new album. Patience is a virtue.I want a new TOOL album just as much as the next guy. But I dont want them to put a record out if they arent in to doing that art anymore. Why make a record when they dont want to. It would sound like shit. Let them get to it when they get to it.

So in closing, when every fan complains about an album that is only "rumored" not to be released this year (since Keenan lies all the time), may suck since the members aren't even motivated to make the album, and the complaining is going nowhere...yes it is a bitch fest. Hopefully everyone on here has another band or two they can listen to to tide them over. If not, well I do feel bad for you.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    In light of the absence of new Tool material, I'm questing for a high quality copy of Dave Ogilvie's remix of Stinkfist. I have no idea how viable this quest is, but if I'm successful, I'll seek out his rumored 46&2 remix.
    I think I've heard that Stinkfist remix once. Had it on a burned cd that vanished somewhere along the path a few days later. If successful in your quest, please let us know lol.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    On the topic of remixes, I wish Tool had embraced that particular field a little more. Especially given their industrial and electronic influences.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    On the topic of remixes, I wish Tool had embraced that particular field a little more. Especially given their industrial and electronic influences.
    Agreed and not that I don't love Lustmord but those Schism and Parabola ones are too damn long.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I wish they embraced the live video field a little more, for the people who don't have the money or geographic entitlement to catch their shows. Oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I had a 46&2 remix a long time ago, I am not sure if it was legitimately done by Rave, but that is how it was labeled. I haven't seen it for years though, and I downloaded it from Napster in 1999/2000. I've never seen a Stinkfist remix that was more than 128kbps either. =/

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    It took 22 years for the new My Bloody Valentine album, and the last David Bowie album was in 2003, now 10 years later he has a new album. Patience is a virtue.I want a new TOOL album just as much as the next guy. But I dont want them to put a record out if they arent in to doing that art anymore. Why make a record when they dont want to. It would sound like shit. Let them get to it when they get to it.

So in closing, when every fan complains about an album that is only "rumored" not to be released this year (since Keenan lies all the time), may suck since the members aren't even motivated to make the album, and the complaining is going nowhere...yes it is a bitch fest. Hopefully everyone on here has another band or two they can listen to to tide them over. If not, well I do feel bad for you.

I probably should have put a sarcasm tag at the end of the first sentence .

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I probably should have put a sarcasm tag at the end of the first sentence .
    You've been redeemed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Meh, I'm just gonna hang out, listen to Puscifer when I like it and wait on another album. It'll come when it comes. I'd rather they focus on something new. It'd be way too easy for them to rehash what they've been doing for the last 20 years.

Truth be told, it's obvious that the band is much different than they were in 1992. Maynard has moved to a different place lyrically that probably reflects his maturation as a person. Puscifer generally seems happier and more reflective. Adam is getting married. Danny is jamming with other bands (and having fun). Ditto for Justin.

I really, really don't want to hear forced pathos from the band. Fans reacted pretty poorly to a new direction on 10,000 Days (which I still think is brilliant). They really ought to take the time to fit their new worlds into their music. If they don't this is all just a bust.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Yes, we've been discussing this for the past couple pages.