Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Type O Negative

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Hard to believe next month will be 10 years for Dead Again. Easily one of my top 10 albums from the 00s decade. Music just isn’t the same without TON around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Hard to believe next month will be 10 years for Dead Again. Easily one of my top 10 albums from the 00s decade. Music just isn’t the same without TON around.
    Agreed. I just read the Soul on Fire biography and found it fascinating to learn more about the man. So sad that what happened to him was very avoidable.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The closest thing we'll get to more Pete is the next A Pale Horse Named Death record. I wish Sal would give more updates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The closest thing we'll get to more Pete is the next A Pale Horse Named Death record.
    Or maybe this new Paradise Lost tune. An homage or a rip-off...however you want to look at it.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It's a Type O Negative kind of a day. Life Is Killing Me seems like a good one to give a spin tonight.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    It's a Type O Negative kind of a day. Life Is Killing Me seems like a good one to give a spin tonight.
    1,2...1,2,3,4!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone else just love going for long walks at night in the Summer/Fall and playing Bloody Kisses and/or October Rust all the way through?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Type O are THE fall metal band.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Type O are THE fall metal band.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just came back from a walk, listened to Bloody Kisses. Ahhh so many good songs and memories...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yes but the real version is more about devil music, stepping over Kenny in a pool of his own vomit...sex drugs and rock and roll. Also it's a cover so blah.

I mean...All Hallows' Eve, October Rust, Creepy Green Light, Wolf Moon (which is obviously not really about werewolves but the spooky imagery is there), September Sun...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Just came back from a walk, listened to Bloody Kisses. Ahhh so many good songs and memories...
    great idea, i'll do the same after work, here is raining like crazy, so it's bound to be a great soundtrack...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I get all excited whenever this thread gets bumped because I think there is something new being released (like B-sides collected, unreleased material, etc.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I get all excited whenever this thread gets bumped because I think there is something new being released (like B-sides collected, unreleased material, etc.)
    Isn't that the truth. I regret not getting that box set in 2011 so badly. People selling em for $1000+ is fucking insane. I wish Roadrunner would issue copies of WCD and LIKM.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Yes but the real version is more about devil music, stepping over Kenny in a pool of his own vomit...sex drugs and rock and roll. Also it's a cover so blah.

I mean...All Hallows' Eve, October Rust, Creepy Green Light, Wolf Moon (which is obviously not really about werewolves but the spooky imagery is there), September Sun...
    Let's just split the difference and say that their cover is about an Indian summer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This is not exactly Type O Negative news but it is related. Recently Johnny Kelly moved to Frisco, TX which is a suburb of Dallas. There was a an article in the local Observer that he was doing private drum lessons. I decided to take it a step further and ask him if he would be interested in doing some studio work. Long story short, he said said he had not before but still said yes. For a VERY reasonable price Johnny brought his kit to my house and we tracked drums in the living room. He spent about 5 hours there and we got about 6-7 drum tracks recorded for our album. We are currently recording the rest and editing. It should be out the first quarter of next year. It was a great experience and we got a ton of random stories out of it. We all tried to be professional and not ask but he took it upon himself to tell away. He was a super nice guy and we may even do it again some time. At the very end my buddy nerded out and asked him to play along to "Love it to Death" and he did. It was freaking badass!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    How recently is recently? Spent a few weeks working there last May ('17) and I joked at one point that there was a guy who looked astonishingly like him, but never thought for even a second that it actually was. I'm still willing to bet that it was just some random person, but...man, now you've got me wondering.

Either way...in the most non-sarcastic way possible: cool story, bro!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The article was posted in November 2017. When I first contacted him he said that he had not yet completely moved so I don't think he was living here at that time. I don't know exactly though. He did play some shows with Rex Brown here though. Maybe that was it. Here is the article: http://www.dallasobserver.com/music/...video-10815025

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've been on a bit of a TON kick lately and it got me wondering about which bands that've broken up for good would you kill to get one more new album from? By that, I mean at the end they were on the upswing or still on top of their game producing quality material... I'd put Typo O right up there. Damn shame.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebek View Post
    I've been on a bit of a TON kick lately and it got me wondering about which bands that've broken up for good would you kill to get one more new album from? By that, I mean at the end they were on the upswing or still on top of their game producing quality material... I'd put Typo O right up there. Damn shame.
    Never had a bad or even average album imo.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Sal’s upcoming third album with A Pale Horse Named Death is sounding really amazing - “When The World Becomes Undone”.

First single, “Love The Ones You Hate”:

The second single, “Vultures”, premiered today:

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Sal’s upcoming third album with A Pale Horse Named Death is sounding really amazing - “When The World Becomes Undone”.

First single, “Love The Ones You Hate”:

The second single, “Vultures”, premiered today:

3rd album!? Damn... I was wondering what was going on with this project. I didn't even know there was a second album! I have some catching up to do.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    3rd album!? Damn... I was wondering what was going on with this project. I didn't even know there was a second album! I have some catching up to do.

Oh man, you’re missing out!

Lay My Soul to Waste came out in 2013. Some of my faves -

“Cold Dark Mourning” is so funereal and perfect. Dare I say, even better than “Die Alone” from the debut album:

And they did a music video for DMSLT (Doesn’t Make Sense Living Today):

Also check out Killer By Night, Growing Old and... well, everything he puts out is flawless! Listen to it all.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 12-13-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Oh man, you’re missing out!

Lay My Soul to Waste came out in 2013. Some of my faves -

“Cold Dark Mourning” is so funereal and perfect. Dare I say, even better than “Die Alone” from the debut album:

And they did a music video for DMSLT (Doesn’t Make Sense Living Today):

Also check out Killer By Night, Growing Old and... well, everything he puts out is flawless! Listen to it all.
    Oh... lay my soul to waste IS their 2nd album??? It's the only one I thought existed. Yes, I am very well acquainted with that record. Fantastic record. Been patiently waiting for the follow-up. So what you posted above is the follow-up that I've been waiting for. Ok... I had a feeling there hadn't been another release between them. Thought I was going crazy there for a minute.

A pale horse named death does not get nearly enough credit. This band deserves a spot on most festivals these days. Do they even tour for this project? It's a shame if they don't. Great stuff! They deserve more recognition.

Edit: after I finished typing this, the next song to come on my playlist on my mp3 player (which is on shuffle) was actually "cold dark mourning" what a coincidence lol.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-13-2018 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Oh... cold dark mourning IS their 2nd album??? It's the only one I thought existed. Yes, I am very well acquainted with that record. Fantastic record. Been patiently waiting for the follow-up. So what you posted above is the follow-up that I've been waiting for. Ok... I had a feeling there hadn't been another release between them. Thought I was going crazy there for a minute.

A pale horse named death does not get nearly enough credit. This band deserves a spot on most festivals these days. Do they even tour for this project? It's a shame if they don't. Great stuff! They deserve more recognition.
    Ohh, right. Well the first album was “And Hell Will Follow Me” in 2011. Definitely check out that album - As Black As My Heart, To Die In Your Arms, Serial Killer, Meet The Wolf, When Crows Descend Upon You (the song from which the band name is derived), Pill Head, Cracks In The Walls, Devil In The Closet, Die Alone... there’s also a vinyl-only exclusive song called Pickup Truck you can find on YouTube: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_Hell_Will_Follow_Me

Sal mentioned the first record was heavily influenced by Peter [Steele]. Hell, he may have even given him ideas on the album since he only passed in April 2010 and the debut record saw a 2011 release.

They’re touring Europe early next year: https://www.facebook.com/APHND/

Also did some recent gigs in NY a month or two ago.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 12-13-2018 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Edit: after I finished typing this, the next song to come on my playlist on my mp3 player (which is on shuffle) was actually "cold dark mourning" what a coincidence lol.
    Haha, nice. Sal noticed that Ghost named their current tour “A Pale Tour Named Death” and suggested they must be fans. I’d personally put it down to coincidence.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Haha, nice. Sal noticed that Ghost named their current tour “A Pale Tour Named Death” and suggested they must be fans. I’d personally put it down to coincidence.
    I remember when the name of that tour came out, tons of comments were saying how a pale horse and Ghost should totally tour together. Totally a missed opportunity with a tour name like that. APHND opening for Ghost... Christ, what a show that would be.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    This is not exactly Type O Negative news but it is related. Recently Johnny Kelly moved to Frisco, TX which is a suburb of Dallas. There was a an article in the local Observer that he was doing private drum lessons. I decided to take it a step further and ask him if he would be interested in doing some studio work. Long story short, he said said he had not before but still said yes. For a VERY reasonable price Johnny brought his kit to my house and we tracked drums in the living room. He spent about 5 hours there and we got about 6-7 drum tracks recorded for our album. We are currently recording the rest and editing. It should be out the first quarter of next year. It was a great experience and we got a ton of random stories out of it. We all tried to be professional and not ask but he took it upon himself to tell away. He was a super nice guy and we may even do it again some time. At the very end my buddy nerded out and asked him to play along to "Love it to Death" and he did. It was freaking badass!
    ok so I'm six months late here, but JESUS, dude. That's so fucking cool. So this album of yours: how can I put it in my earholes? :/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hey man, at this point we are not as far along as we want to be. Both of us have full time jobs and I have a wife and kids. I have a few little blips I can share in the meantime.
    #1 This is just a clip of us jamming live trying to sound like Type O poorly! https://soundcloud.com/lance-dillon-lyon/jared-lance-jk-jam-clip-4-22-18
    #2 This is the bare bones of a song that will probably make the record. There are guitars and vocals and it will probably be arranged differently. This is just synths and I programmed the drums from one shot samples from the session. https://soundcloud.com/lance-dillon-...s-never-enough It will not be called Pete's Will, that was just a joke.
    #3 (This one is for fun and not related to the band) I make comedy videos as well and this is a theme song for a video we are making about a 90s style board game called "Hit (The Game)". Think like Crossfire and games like that where they just had these intense hard rock/metal songs. I told Johnny about this during a smoke break and he jammed to the track two takes and that was that. Of course, we kept the first one: https://soundcloud.com/lance-dillon-...ums-quicky-mix

Anyways, I appreciate your interest. I will post back here once we have a date. We actually had a little meeting yesterday and mapped out some things we need to do. Maybe by summer time? I don't know.
    In other news I am working with a parody youtube channel and I am the music making portion of it all. They want to do something Type O related so I am going to ask Johnny and maybe see if Kenny or Josh would be interested. It is a parody site but they want to be respectful. I'll let you know how that goes!

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    ok so I'm six months late here, but JESUS, dude. That's so fucking cool. So this album of yours: how can I put it in my earholes? :/