Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Holy shit, Overneath the path of misery is better than what was given to us before. I like the drums on the record, even though they are most likely digital.
    I did read that all the drums on the album are digital, but I the little drum additions to Overneath make it that much better. So good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Link pls. THX

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Vrenna said all the drums on these two last albums are programmed, not a single real drum. That must be why Ginger left, EMDM had no real drums either if I remember well, everything was also programmed, and I doubt TGAOG had many "real" drums either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cancer For Cure by EL-P leaked too, BTW.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yup, two of my most anticipated albums, two days in a row. Now I just need Tenacious D and Silversun Pickups

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The intro to Overneath is so awesome. Far superior to the mini-movie version.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I said I'd eat a hat if the album was amazing, and I won't...because it's not. It is however, sounding fairly cohesive I guess...and I'm actually finding myself enjoying bits and pieces of it more than I thought I would. I also found myself visiting the Provider Module forum to see if people were talking about it (they're not since it's just a leak and the mods won't probably allow it). Then I saw someone say 'The Beatles are overrated pop bullshit.' after someone referenced them and it made me leave for fear of letting the sheer idiocy (and I mean, just plain ol' dumb ass, no excuse will ever work, idiocy) of whoever said it infect my computer or something.

If only MM could pull off any type of decent live show I'd consider myself pretty excited though, I'll freely admit. He won't and can't, but this album is better than the last two I'll give him that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    can I have the link? please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey an old member here, think my account was deleted or lost somehow, if someone could PM me a link to the album I would be very very thankfull.. thanks again guys for the good work

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Then I saw someone say 'The Beatles are overrated pop bullshit.' after someone referenced them and it made me leave for fear of letting the sheer idiocy (and I mean, just plain ol' dumb ass, no excuse will ever work, idiocy) of whoever said it infect my computer or something.
    That would be me.

The Beatles are over-rated pop bullshit. No doubt they had their place and time, but they simply can't stand up to any of the music made in more recent years. I hate how much praise they get when their music is pretty mediocre.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    That would be me.

The Beatles are over-rated pop bullshit. No doubt they had their place and time, but they simply can't stand up to any of the music made in more recent years. I hate how much praise they get when their music is pretty mediocre.
    You're talking crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    That would be me.

the beatles don't stand a chance against justin bieber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Beatles ain't got nothing on Tenacious D.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Well, come now, that's not even a fair comparison. It's a fact that The D are the greatest band in the world. Beatles are a distant second.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Giving it a spin right now, currently on the Gardener... It's better than I expected actually.
    The previews made is sound like rubblish, that's why you can never judge a song by a 1 minute preview, it leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

A new album should be experienced start to finish without hearing previews or leaked tracks before. It will give you a better judgement of how the final thing is when you have the whole picture and not just bits and pieces...

So far better than his last 2 efforts. Let's continue the listen now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    how does the leak have the vain cover song if the jpn version isn't supposed to have it? not that i am complaining of course

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    "Lay Down your goddamn arms" sounds like a Deftones song...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Deftones write better songs.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredy_Brown View Post
    Deftones write better songs.
    well, they used to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought Diamond Eyes was OK. Easily the best since White Pony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed. White Pony was their TDS/ACSS or whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think this album is way better than anything since Holywood (which I loved, and I guess I am in the minority there). I think the music itself is way more interesting than anything on EMDM and the songs flow together much better than they did on GAOG, EMDM and THEOL. The lyrics are not ACS, MA or Holywood tier or anything, but I think they are far less laughable than EMDM and a bit more to the point than THEOL. Some of these lyrics are shit though, but I think there are enough good lines here and there to keep it from being embarrassing. Flowers of evil is kind of shitty lyrically - maybe the lowest point on the album next to Murderers.

Overneath is really really fucking good.

Overall, not a bad album at all, Jeordie shines and continues to carry Manson a good deal, but not as much as on THEOL.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Um, I don't think you'd be in the minority by saying you lived holy wood. I think most fans consider that album the last great Manson album (until BV of course )

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Now that it's finished all the way through, Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms is the only track worth mentioning. Possibly because the vocal melody of the line 'There isn't a key...' reminds me vaguely of Disassociative, what with it's hollow, compression effect...which I dig. As the member Gloris mentioned previously, it's better than the last albums sure...but it's still sort of middle of the road in terms of tempo and dynamic. There's a good portion of the album's choruses, etc. that I couldn't even recall if you asked me. Again, that Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms has a memorable vocal melody, etc. so it stuck with me and will probably be the only song I'll even consider putting on my iPod, etc. Again I'll freely admit, that song is really, really good. The rest is pretty bland for me. Might be the drums as previously stated, might be the lack of big choral releases in the songs, but yeah...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    OK, i am done.

The album was decent, not bad. Had it's moments. The first half was better, so naturally above when I wrote my mid-point review, I was a little more impressed with it at that point than once I finished the album.

From Disengaged to Born Villain I was kinda bored, nothing really stood out there. Especially the Murderers song, I couldn't stand that track at all. Breaking The Same old ground brought be back for a last punch in the face, enjoyed that song and felt it was a great closing song. After that the you're so vain cover came on, and I didn't feel it was half bad. Better than alot of the middle tracks on the album.

So the album started off strong, then took a bit of a dive at the flowers of evil, went back up for children of cain, then really went down from Disengaged to Born Villain and back up for the encore song.
    "Overneath" was the stand out track of the album, that song is really, really good. And "slo-mo-tion" and "the gardener" were alot better together as a whole listening to them with the full album than they were when I listened to them last night with the leaked versions. That's my impression of the album.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-24-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Good album overall, and certainly his most cohesive collection of songs since Holy Wood. Still a lot of problems, though. Manson has been dry lyrically for years, and he's far from pulling off the infectious hooks of the MA day's. I tended to space out on most of the lyrics (it's hard not to do when he spouts out the generic gun, sex and god metaphors/innuendo's we've heard since the 90's) Musically, it was good; not Twiggy's best effort, but there was a pulse to everything at the very least.

It's a good hard rock album that seems like it was made for *gasp* the fans, which I can definitely respect. Just not memorable enough for me to love.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Can I please get a pm? Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can I get a pm, please? Thank ye

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^^ Guys, it's 2012, if you don't know where to find leaked music you should get off the internet - also, if you bothered to look two pages back there is a link...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^Except for the one thing, that link doesn't work. Thanks for the advice, hotshot.
    Last edited by sixn2thirds; 04-25-2012 at 12:12 AM.