Page 8 of 155 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    DO IT. It gets better and better as the seasons go on!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Workaholics.. show is hilarious.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    DO IT. It gets better and better as the seasons go on!
    I will!

This is the scene that killed me.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Game of Thornes. I watched the first 10 minutes of season 1 and was so grossed out (I'm a woosie) I don't think I can carry on. Should I?
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Keep going, for it is AMAZING.
    Thanks. I will

Southland's new season started. I can't get enough of C. Thomas Howell and Regina King.
    Top Chef - Yawn, starting to bore of this food p0rn. I think I'll just watch Chopped. That one entertained me a few times.
    Toddlers and Tiaras - I caught about 10 minutes of this one. WTF? One of the little kids mom was massively fat and so deep swamp trash that they subtitled her conversation with her baby daddy/cousin. Shiver.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tape. Richard Linklater is so amazing when he's on.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Just finished watching 50/50. Wow. That was a GREAT movie. I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt should have gotten an Academy Award nomination for that. Incredibly sad, funny, just an all around really well made film. And I can't get over the ending. Every once in awhile you see a movie that has the perfect ending, and this was one of them. The dialogue, the music, everything just came together in exactly the right way. Wonderful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just watched Cronenberg's Videodrome again for the first time in forever. I was surprised to notice that a film of its age still really stands up in comparison to todays standards of films (considering that it heavily relied on a lot of the surreal scenes).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Just finished watching 50/50. Wow. That was a GREAT movie. I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt should have gotten an Academy Award nomination for that. Incredibly sad, funny, just an all around really well made film. And I can't get over the ending. Every once in awhile you see a movie that has the perfect ending, and this was one of them. The dialogue, the music, everything just came together in exactly the right way. Wonderful.
    Agreed. It was a very well balanced film, and surprisingly more funny than I expected. Hopefully JGL gets some more recognition with some of his upcoming films which seem very promising.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^^^ Completely agree with you both. Will Reiser deserves a shit-ton more credit as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally getting to see Drive. So fucking awesome so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm running a little project I've called Movie 366 on my blog. Came up with the idea on New Years Day. So I'm watching a movie a day for the entire year. One ahead so far. Seen some awesome ones (Moon, The Artist...) and some massive disappointments (Anonymous, Bridesmaids).

Mostly watching stuff I've not seen. Also on Sundays, having not seen them (or read the books), I'm watching the Harry Potter movies with the kids. Goblet of Fire tomorrow. Of course my wife is in labour right now. No I am not joking. So that may be on hold. (It's the reason I'm one movie ahead, since I know I might have to skip a day when the baby is born.)

The two movies mentioned above are the best I've seen this year. Moon is on Netflix, at least in Canada it is.

I also appear to be the only person who thought Drive was terrible. Won't get into why. Suffice to say seeing Sally Sparrow from Dr Who utterly wasted depressed me.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My cousin watched it and his quote was "Room got a little dusty during 50/50..."

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just finished watching Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory after watching the previous films for the past few days. I'm glad the guys got out but I'm not satisfied with what they had to do to get out. I'm mixed on the ending though I was relieved to see that they were innocent.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    My cousin watched it and his quote was "Room got a little dusty during 50/50..."
    Yeah...my room was definitely a bit dusty. And I was cutting onions while watching it. I cut onions at least two or three times. I don't know why I do that. I should probably wait until the movie is over from now on.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    But then you won't have Movie-Style Ruiner Rings (TM)!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    just watched warrior. big time meh...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just saw 'Beauty and the Beast' in 3D yesterday at the movie theater. It sounds like something similar happened to me as it did you guys (the ones who watched 50/50), but this weird rain cloud appeared in the theater and it just started pouring on my face. Weird, huh?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Just got out from seeing Cronenberg's A Dangerous Method. Keira Knightley was abysmal and I think it would have been a better movie if it solely revolved around Freud and Jung's relationship.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Just saw 'Beauty and the Beast' in 3D yesterday at the movie theater. It sounds like something similar happened to me as it did you guys (the ones who watched 50/50), but this weird rain cloud appeared in the theater and it just started pouring on my face. Weird, huh?
    Are you sure it wasn't because Pee Wee Herman was sitting in front of you?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Tunnel - yes it's a documentary-style, low budget horror film. Yes it's been done before but this was done pretty well. Not great, but had a few decent moments. Best part? It's free. They are torrenting it legally/legitimately for free: thetunnelmovie.net (under "see it") or vodo.net/thetunnel. I thought that was cool of them so I figured I'd mention it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's filmed in the Sydney underground railway tunnels, a creepy fucking place on its own: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsTUZkj0u4
    Last edited by butters; 01-30-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Are you sure it wasn't because Pee Wee Herman was sitting in front of you?

I'm laughing - not only at your joke - but because I have a Peewee Herman doll hanging off the side of one of my computer monitors looking at me.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    I'm laughing - not only at your joke - but because I have a Peewee Herman doll hanging off the side of one of my computer monitors looking at me.
    Looking at you... AND JUDGING.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Dammit Netflix sending me a scratched DVD that goes haywire about 1.5 hours in!!! So pissed. This movie is great.

Update: Managed to get by the scratch issues and see this through to the end. The end!! I think I was watching with mouth agape for the final 20 minutes. Amazing.
    Last edited by sentient02970; 02-01-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Update

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    State of Play

I've been wanting to watch the 2009 movie adaptation for quite some time because Russell Crowe is in it (and he's on my list of actors I'll watch anything they are on) but I kept reading about how superior the BBC series was so I decided to track it down first.

That series is the best thing I've seen in a long time. I watched the whole 6 hours of it in one sitting; I just couldn't get away from it. It's got it all: top notch cast, incredibly clever writing; you name it. It's all there. Television at its very best. I especially enjoyed Bill Nighy's performance, clever bastard!

I'm not sure I'm going to watch the movie version now because I know there is no way it can top the series. If I do end up watching it, it will be to see how much of the series they have cut to make that twisted plot fit into a 2 hours movie.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Watched Moon, finally! What a great flick!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    just watched warrior. big time meh...
    I've heard only two opinions on that movie despite hearing about it lots.

"It was awesome!"

and

"Meh..."

I don't think I've ever seen a movie where there seemed to only be two opinions, and that was so evenly split.

Not seen it myself yet. Really must.

Watched Moon, finally! What a great flick!
    Excellent isn't it! Saw it a couple of weeks ago and loved it.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, just watched David Cross's Bigger and Blackerer. And it was...not good. Not terrible, but not really all that funny. I laughed a few times, but that was about it. Kind of a bummer, because I really like David Cross, and maybe his other specials are better, but this one was a dud.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, just finished season three of The Wire. It was good, but not great. The last two episodes of the season were fantastic, but the rest of the season wasn't all that good. My least favorite of the three I've watched so far. I still don't get all the hype about this show. Not to get too negative. But I would say it's good, not great, and not "the best show ever made" or anything like that. Still, it's keeping my interest enough to want to watch the rest.

Tomorrow I start Boardwalk Empire. Definitely looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    You won't regret it. Boardwalk has to be my favorite show that I've ever seen. Just ordered the book it's based on.

talking about not getting the hype: I just started watching the Sopranos after everyone is praising it all the time wherever I go... Doesn't look like I'll fall in love with this show, but I'll give it a second chance though.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    You won't regret it. Boardwalk has to be my favorite show that I've ever seen. Just ordered the book it's based on.
    Very cool. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I love Steve Buscemi. And I love Scorsese, so I'm really interested to see the pilot (and the rest too, obviously).

talking about not getting the hype: I just started watching the Sopranos after everyone is praising it all the time wherever I go... Doesn't look like I'll fall in love with this show, but I'll give it a second chance though.
    I'm with you. I was a fan of The Sopranos and I really did like that show, but MAN is it way, way over-hyped. It was one of the first shows I really got into, so I didn't realize how many other better TV shows were out there.