Page 7 of 154 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Golden Globes. Madonna won Best Song. Lame! Oh, and Adam Levine was presenting the music categories with Jimmy Fallon and The Artist (not surprisingly) won Best Score. Still, I would've loved for Trent to knock Adam Levine out for butchering "Closer".

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Think I'm gonna finally get around to watching Apocalypse Now, maybe not today but soon. I think it's about time i watched that movie.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Goldeneye.

I'm going to start watching Generation Kill again either this weekend or next.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Just watched Attack of the Clones, and it's a little better, visually. But it still ends in a 30-minute clusterfuck, and McGregor is still looking way above where's he's supposed to. I think I got about 50% of the plot, but I could be filling in the gaps.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    MoneyBall - better than average sports movie. Jonah Hill was pretty good. I'm not a big fan of Brad Pitt either, but he was enjoyable. Not as much as his role in Snatch, but what ya going to do.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    MoneyBall - better than average sports movie. Jonah Hill was pretty good. I'm not a big fan of Brad Pitt either, but he was enjoyable. Not as much as his role in Snatch, but what ya going to do.
    Good to hear. I'm not really a sports guy and usually [wrongfully] put off watching sports movies because of it. There's some that pleasantly surprise me though and a some I love. I was hoping this would be pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post
    Good to hear. I'm not really a sports guy and usually [wrongfully] put off watching sports movies because of it. There's some that pleasantly surprise me though and a some I love. I was hoping this would be pretty good.
    I really enjoyed Moneyball. I have never paid any attention to Baseball, but its still a good story. And Pitt is pretty good.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    4 episodes into Boss. I'm really picky when it comes to a drama but somehow I really like this one. Have some The Wire vibe to it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    4 episodes into Boss. I'm really picky when it comes to a drama but somehow I really like this one. Have some The Wire vibe to it.
    that it does indeed.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Medea by Lars von Trier that is based on an unreleased script by Carl Theodor Dreyer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What the flying fuck did I watch last night?

trailer:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy fuck that looks stupid, but from the trailer I'm not even sure what the movie is supposed to be.

I recently watched Tucker & Dale VS Evil and was presently surprised, like most modern comedies it suffers towards the end with the sentimental wrap up. but the first 3/4 are hilarious despite knowing what's going to happen.
    Last edited by Delusional; 01-18-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
    Holy fuck that looks stupid, but from the trailer I'm not even sure what the movie is supposed to be.
    It was free on Hulu. It's like a weird cross between David Lynch (Inland Empire maybe?) and Hobo With a Shotgun, with a bit of the fake-intro to The Signal thrown in. I certainly won't be forgetting that anytime soon...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just saw Sherlock Holmes 2: Game of Shadows and it was fun. Not mind blowing or anything, but just really fun and at times entertainingly absurd. Stephen Fry as Mycroft was one of the best things in it for me, though.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret. David Cross and Will Arnett ftw.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret. David Cross and Will Arnett ftw.
    Damn. I've been really wanting to watch that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Damn. I've been really wanting to watch that.
    The first season is on netflix.

Watching Apollo 18, shitting bricks.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Shame.

FASSBONER.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Shame.

FASSBONER.

Michael Fassbender ftw. <3

Where the Wild Things Are. I thought it was really good. I would like to get it on blu-ray.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Ink Master

I was channel surfing and bumped into this one on Spike. WTF. It's Top Chef for Tattoo Artists.

There are a lot of good sports movies that you don't have to be a big sports fan to appreciate: Brian's Song, Chariots of Fire, The Hustler, Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise meh), Heaven Can Wait, Miracle, North Dallas 40, Slap Shot, Field of Dreams, Eight Men Out and my personal favorite Breaking Away.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^^^ it's funny, after I wrote that I started thinking of all the ones I liked and was very surprised by how many I've seen (and enjoyed.) Haven't seen 3 you listed... added to Netflix.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butters View Post
    ^^^ it's funny, after I wrote that I started thinking of all the ones I liked and was very surprised by how many I've seen (and enjoyed.) Haven't seen 3 you listed... added to Netflix.
    Which three?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Which three?
    Heaven Can Wait, North Dallas Forty, and Breaking Away. (Although I think I've actually seen Heaven Can Wait when I was a kid.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double-post but...

HOLY SHIT was Moneyball GOOD!! Easily one of the best of 2011, so glad I watched it.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finally watched The Drunk and on Drugs Happy Fun Time Hour. So much different than Trailer Park Boys, which I guess shouldn't be all that surprising since Clattenburg didn't write this. It was pretty good, but not something I'll watch over and over again like TPB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Over the weekend I managed to see-

Haywire- decent film, had some badass parts but a pretty minor work for Soderberg
    Melancholia- Lame first half, really intense second half. Overall, one of the better films of 2011, and I recommend it if you're into that sorta thing.
    Antichrist- Trier's earlier film, and I like this one significantly better then Melancholia. There are some of the most truly disgusting and disturbing scenes I've yet to see in a film, such as Spoiler: the lead character gets his dick beaten with a wood block, and then is forced to cum blood. and a female character cuts off her fucking clitoris with rusty scissors. but honestly, it's a beautifully done film. Some great cinematography and an insane surrealistic atmosphere. Highly reccommended if you have a strong stomach and like arthouse crap.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Over the weekend I managed to see-

Melancholia- Lame first half, really intense second half. Overall, one of the better films of 2011, and I recommend it if you're into that sorta thing.
    I don't agree that the first half is lame. I can understand that the first time you're watching the film, the first half may seem sort of devoid of purpose, but if you look the movie as a whole, the first half does a great job of setting the mood of the characters and their personalities. Spoiler: It really pays off as you watch those personalities react differently to the passage of Melancholia and essentialy switch places: The "strong" ones become the weak and vice versa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    I don't agree that the first half is lame. I can understand that the first time you're watching the film, the first half may seem sort of devoid of purpose, but if you look the movie as a whole, the first half does a great job of setting the mood of the characters and their personalities. Spoiler: It really pays off as you watch those personalities react differently to the passage of Melancholia and essentialy switch places: The "strong" ones become the weak and vice versa.
    Really enjoyed Melancholia a lot - one of my favourites of the year along with Taking Shelter. Both were mesmerising & affecting on the cinema screen. Completely agree with you, Alexandros, that it may be a film of two halves but both are very much connected, with the latter gaining more power from the first. You could feel the whole cinema lean further back into their seats for the ending as it built and built.

For people that like movies that drag you in and leave you thinking about them afterwards I'd certainly say to ad Taking Shelter to your list as well.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Never Let Me Go - slow moving and thoughtful but the ending did make me cry .. almost