Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Eh, the show has pretty much nulled the concept that you can become a zombie by coming in contact with body fluids. What, with Rick and Daryl vivisecting a dead walker, for example. The only sure way to become a walker is to be bitten by one.
    yeah. It pretty much goes like this - and it might be a spoiler from the comics, but it's not a big revelation I suppose - They either already have the "virus" or whatever it is in them, and it's not "active" until they die, or they can become infected through blood/bites/etc., and they don't turn until they die.

I only say either/or because I want to say that a character in the comics turned after dying without being bit or infected, but I can't remember a name. I really need to read through them again!

Edit - Basically, it's the fever and the injury from the bite or attack that kills them more than the "becoming a zombie" thing. If they can get that under control, then they won't turn. At least I think that's how it is in this zombie-verse.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-03-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    yeah. It pretty much goes like this - and it might be a spoiler from the comics, but it's not a big revelation I suppose - They either already have the "virus" or whatever it is in them, and it's not "active" until they die, or they can become infected through blood/bites/etc., and they don't turn until they die.

I only say either/or because I want to say that a character in the comics turned after dying without being bit or infected, but I can't remember a name. I really need to read through them again!

Edit - Basically, it's the fever and the injury from the bite or attack that kills them more than the "becoming a zombie" thing. If they can get that under control, then they won't turn. At least I think that's how it is in this zombie-verse.
    Spoiler: It was Shane. Carl shot him and they buried his body. Rick went back once he found out about Lori's pregnancy and their one-nighter, watched him pull himself up from the grave all zombified, and shot him again.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Thank you! Now I remember. I really do need to re-read them if that's who I was forgetting. Last I remember reading was...Spoiler: The Governor was storming the prison with the tank and half the city. Sooo excited to see what happens next!