Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2014

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    http://whatculture.com/film/9-mind-meltingly-awesome-times-nine-inch-nails-improved-film-trailers.php

A few of these I didn't even know about.

And how the fuck do I make it so the link comes up with my own text? Any other vbulletin site I've used is [ url=xxx ]What I want the link to say[ / url ] without the spaces.
    Type your text first, then highlight it and click the little icon nex to the smiley face (in the bar immediately above the box you're typing your reply in). When you past your link in the box that pops up and click "OK," it'll change the highlighted text into a link.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Trent narrates the new Beats music commercial

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan829 View Post
    Trent narrates the new Beats music commercial
    Just a heads up ethan, that commercial is two months old.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    He saw it when it was posted and thought, "I should post this on ETS.

Soon."

edit - actually I made a "soon" joke on here not that long ago. I probably shouldn't make another one. It's too soon.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

The 'fro is back. Long live the 'fro.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    In a discussion about Uncoiled/Recoiled, Danny Hyde posted a picture of the multitrack index for gave up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but in the nin concert footage on nin.com, during sanctified, you can hear the vacuum riff from sunspots

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyboy View Post
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but in the nin concert footage on nin.com, during sanctified, you can hear the vacuum riff from sunspots
    This would be the right thread.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage (documentary on Rush that includes an interview with Trent) is now available on Netflix streaming.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Did anyone catch the Trent + Josh interview on JJJ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Did anyone catch the Trent + Josh interview on JJJ?
    Still going on. So far the only significant thing heard was that Trent is most likely going to be joining Josh on stage for Kalopsia (however its spelt).Interviewer bought up something about working with Deadmouse, Trent said no.

All in all, nothing interesting at all.

Probably going to be archived up on http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/thedoctor/ sometime in the near future.

Last edited by Skeptikk; 03-04-2014 at 11:10 PM. Reason: More info

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure this is Trent and Atticus' Hall of the Mountain King featured on this bitcoin mining tutorial.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Well...shit. I guess I need to watch more TV.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptikk View Post
    Probably going to be archived up on http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/thedoctor/ sometime in the near future.
    Right-click, Save As..., if you want to download the Triple J interview:

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/triplej/...2014_04_05.mp3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptikk View Post
    Still going on. So far the only significant thing heard was that Trent is most likely going to be joining Josh on stage for Kalopsia (however its spelt).Interviewer bought up something about working with Deadmouse, Trent said no.

All in all, nothing interesting at all.

How the hell was that guy able to not get any new information whatsoever? Holy fuck, you get to interview Trent Reznor and Josh Homme, and you're asking about the meaning to Kalopsia?

I remember that one time Homme got pissed at a Triple J interviewer (who wasn't that far behind this guy) and they named him "asshole of the week" or something.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    How the hell was that guy able to not get any new information whatsoever? Holy fuck, you get to interview Trent Reznor and Josh Homme, and you're asking about the meaning to Kalopsia?

I remember that one time Homme got pissed at a Triple J interviewer (who wasn't that far behind this guy) and they named him "asshole of the week" or something.
    According to this photo Josh is only slightly taller than Trent.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    That's if Trent isn't wearing his high heeled boots. :-)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Josh is kneeling. :P

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    There's going to be another Australian interview soon via NINarmy. Which will be cooler. Because fan questions.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So I think I'm doomed never to see a proper elaborate NIN show

http://thequietus.com/articles/14651...reznor-grammys

[Mod note: All discussion about this topic was moved to the tour discussion thread to keep the Spottings thread clean]

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This just happened <3

I really need to get home and get to sleep as I have work in a few hours, so when I get time I'll post a really quick mini review about my experience.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Weird looking photo — makes me think they photoshopped three or four pictures together because they couldn’t get all of them to pose at the same time.

Either that, or … they posed Brodie with life-sized action figures of Josh and TR. Yeah, I’m going with that one.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    So uh... this actually happened. Remember that image? http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...939#post102939

JACK BAUER POWER HOUR

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Interesting interview with Adrian Belew shedding light on what happened with NIN
    http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...h-nails-595288

You were also announced as a new member of Nine Inch Nails last year, only to quickly bow out. What happened there?
    "It just didn't seem to be what we were expecting it to be. Trent and I had agreed and went in with the idea thinking that we would somehow be able to reinvent the band and that just really wasn't happening. What was happening is we were just learning the music essentially note for note the same as the records.
    "That made me all of a sudden feel redundant. I wasn't really needed - I was needed to help reinvent, and when that didn't seem to be happening we both agreed that I should go on. Apart form the disappointment about not working together and touring and the amount of money I could have made [laughs], the bright side was that I got to go back and continue my projects."

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Interesting interview with Adrian Belew shedding light on what happened with NIN
    http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...h-nails-595288

You were also announced as a new member of Nine Inch Nails last year, only to quickly bow out. What happened there?
    "It just didn't seem to be what we were expecting it to be. Trent and I had agreed and went in with the idea thinking that we would somehow be able to reinvent the band and that just really wasn't happening. What was happening is we were just learning the music essentially note for note the same as the records.
    "That made me all of a sudden feel redundant. I wasn't really needed - I was needed to help reinvent, and when that didn't seem to be happening we both agreed that I should go on. Apart form the disappointment about not working together and touring and the amount of money I could have made [laughs], the bright side was that I got to go back and continue my projects."
    Feel like that explains the pleasant but very un-different version of NIN that came out of the gate in 2013. Very glad Trent found the change he was looking for by Tension.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Feel like that explains the pleasant but very un-different version of NIN that came out of the gate in 2013. Very glad Trent found the change he was looking for by Tension.
    That's a damn shame. Would've loved to see what Belew could've done with the old NIN tunes that I'm completely over and done with...

At least we got This is a Trent Reznor song

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my friend randall is a writer over at Consequence of Sound and started putting together a new series called #reallife, where a group of writers each detail a real-life experience they had that is related to a song off an album.
    the first album they did was the smiths, and for their second album, they did the downward spiral.

though i know most of the people who wrote these, i can honestly say, without bias, that they're all fantastic. some of them are sexy, some of them are unsettling, and some of them are beautiful. (much like the song itself, "big man with a gun" was disturbing and extremely upsetting, but still excellent.)
    randall had actually asked me to write a piece for one of the b-sides (i was going to do either "dead souls" or "at the heart of it all"), but as i was sick all week and the deadline was last night at midnight, i wasn't able to do so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wonder what this is?

http://instagram.com/p/lP8tsUjqph/