Page 20 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    (I'm assuming have to convert to another file format for that)
    You assume correctly. There's a bunch of programs out there for converting.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm kinda in love with the "fuck you this is art" designs of some of the new tees https://store-uk.nin.com/collections...xt-natural-tee

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    *sigh* I'll bite after all. Ordered the $50 bundle and an addition component because I'm irresponsible with money.

Can't wait to get the vinyl for NTAE, AV, and the third EP IN 2046!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I feel this is aggressively homosexual and I'm going to buy five https://store-uk.nin.com/collections.../jack-keychain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Guys, stop using iTunes already.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by polski View Post
    Guys, stop using iTunes already.

Hi, I own an iMac and iPhone and iPod. I'm going to keep using iTunes because it just makes sense for organizing across all 3 devices. Sorry not sorry.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Ordering with FLAC, it's been forever since I've had to do anything with FLAC files, can someone remind me how to listen to them in iTunes (I'm assuming have to convert to another file format for that)?
    are you using a Mac? I use an app called Max to convert my music to the right format if it needs to (it's free and works fine)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    showed the new shirt with the cut off logo to my wife and she said it looks like a nose. Now i can't unsee that.
    A Nine Inch Nose?
    Last edited by quietime; 07-13-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi, I own an iMac and iPhone and iPod. I'm going to keep using iTunes because it just makes sense for organizing across all 3 devices. Sorry not sorry.
    There are non-bloatware options for this which will play any format you throw at them. Hit the eject button.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    There are non-bloatware options for this which will play any format you throw at them. Hit the eject button.
    Dude, I don't like iTunes either but if someone likes it, that's their choice

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    If that "Anxiety" ball cap was available as a L/XL flexfit I'd buy like 10 of them. . .
    Last edited by NIN64; 07-13-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
    Several people mock me the same way. My brothers, wife and friends are constantly saying, "how much NIN can you listen to? or How many shows can you go to?" Immediately the first two lines from No, You Don't come into my mind and I just smile. Then I basically say the same thing you said, "you just don't get it".

On a side note: I did drag my youngest brother to a NIN show, he's still not the biggest fan, but after the show he told me that he gets it.
    For me, all it took was Closure for me to get it, and I'm nowhere near being much of a concert person. By the time I saw Woodstock 1994 and And All That Could Have Been (Live), at that point I knew I had to see NIN live, and had seen them at least 3 times.

As for Add Violence, well. I can only wait and see right now, but it obviously has been very satisfying, promising and fulfilling so far. I know it's pretty much said almost every time I release is about to happen, but it really has been yet another great time to be a NIN fan.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    THIS ISN'T THE PLACE: A harrowing look at when Trent took the wrong exit on the highway.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    THIS ISN'T THE PLACE: A harrowing look at when Trent took the wrong exit on the highway.
    A slice of life nin song. We haven't hadn't one of those since he covered that joy division song about telemarketers.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    For me, all it took was Closure for me to get it, and I'm nowhere near being much of a concert person. By the time I saw Woodstock 1994 and And All That Could Have Been (Live), at that point I knew I had to see NIN live, and had seen them at least 3 times.

As for Add Violence, well. I can only wait and see right now, but it obviously has been very satisfying, promising and fulfilling so far. I know it's pretty much said almost every time I release is about to happen, but it really has been yet another great time to be a NIN fan.
    NIN/Manson 94 was only the third concert I had ever been to and the first big arena show. That ruined me for concerts by other bands for a while. No lie.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So all of this "connected to YZ" talk, and nobody has mentioned the sticker pack yet? Look at the one in the very back of the set. Used to stand for something design. This shit is 100% political.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    So all of this "connected to YZ" talk, and nobody has mentioned the sticker pack yet? Look at the one in the very back of the set. Used to stand for something design. This shit is 100% political.
    I thought this back around January while digesting NTAE and the lyrics of Less Than confirmed it for me. I'm imagining this as almost Year Zero: Redux.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This EP is gonna rule.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Dude, I don't like iTunes either but if someone likes it, that's their choice
    I was responding to people complaining about it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I was responding to people complaining about it.
    no, you were being pompous. people were ASKING FOR ADVICE on how to convert FLAC files to play on their iPhones, not complaining.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah: use Musicbee, MediaMonkey, Foobar, or any number of media players that are less process-intensive, library organizing, can convert anything, and integrate with all your media players. That's advice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "When we did ‘Not the Actual Events,’ we were really seduced by the violence of it. The kind of throwing ‘Hesitation Marks’ out the window and being unafraid to explore approaches we have in the past with the kind of, you know, punch in the face feel to it. And I think that the length of a five-song EP felt like the right length for that, you know? And to repeat that isn’t as exciting anymore."

...but...but why not? I don't need it to punch me in the face, but can it be a little more experimental? Less Than was a lot more interesting in 2013 when it was called Came Back Haunted.

"And ‘Less Than’ is not entirely representative of where the rest of the EP goes."

I'd rejoice if it wasn't for that "entirely" qualifier.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Not digging too deep into this thread to avoid seeing too much, so I apologize if I'm reiterating anything, but is anyone else going to (at least attempt to) hold off on listening to Less Than until the entirety of Add Violence is released next week? I loved listening to Not The Actual Events the first time with fresh ears and I just know that if I give Less Than a listen I'll be playing to it nonstop until the 21st...

Anyway, I'm digging the name. And I'm happy they're doing another physical component.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Ordering with FLAC, it's been forever since I've had to do anything with FLAC files, can someone remind me how to listen to them in iTunes (I'm assuming have to convert to another file format for that)?
    Download XLD http://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html

It's more than capable of converting to whatever format you want. It will convert to Apple lossless or standard m4as. Hit me up on Facebook messenger if you need help.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Is the FLAC 24/48? I chose WAV because I wasn't sure, but at the expense of tags.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So the physical component is lyric sheets and red dust?

Last edited by kevinbeetle; 07-13-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    A big fucking mess. I really don't want to go the "component" route, again. Is this going to be on itunes or am I stuck with yet another "component" so I can get my digital copy?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    A big fucking mess. I really don't want to go the "component" route, again. Is this going to be on itunes or am I stuck with yet another "component" so I can get my digital copy?
    I'm pretty confident it'll be on iTunes.

Hopefully, the envelope will be filled with glitter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post

You know, looking closely at the picture. It looks like it might be (or have) a frame or something. The rectangle has what looks like an indentation that runs a little bit in from the edge of all of it's sides. It's subtle, and the vibrant red color makes it a little hard to see, but yeah, it is definitely debossed in the picture. And remember that the first one contained subtle little 'crumbs' around the bottom of it's image, hinting at the black powder, so this could be this component's hint.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    You didn't have to go the component route either, last time. NTAE was available at all the online music venues, wasn't it? Maybe there was a delay between available-at-nin.com and available-elsewhere, but the music was never intended to be exclusive.