Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I ran The Background World through a spectral analysis live while listening - nothing jumped out at me as interesting (on the spectrograph).

Lyrically, definitely interesting references to bleedthrough, both as a back catalog reference and reinforcng the idea that the simulations are impacting each other and/or the "real world."

Random observation: the MP3 tags for The lovers, Not Anymore, and The Background World have � as a descriptor.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    Even though a prescription made by Cedocore was lying in front of the control box and its basically been confirmed that 42 Entertainment is involved in all of this?
    That doesn't prove 42E was involved... It could simply mean that Trent is referencing his previous albums.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    Even though a prescription made by Cedocore was lying in front of the control box and its basically been confirmed that 42 Entertainment is involved in all of this?

Yep. I think there may be a similar theme, but I don't think this is Year zero part 2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    That doesn't prove 42E was involved... It could simply mean that Trent is referencing his previous albums.
    The senior officers of 42 are listed on the YouTube upload as involved in the video...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but The Background World might be the best NIN song I've heard in 20 years. Holy shit.

As a side note: It sounds there is something to decode starting ~4:00. My wild guess is that the song needs to be run through a machine with parameters set according to other clues we will find.
    Last edited by HurtinMinorKey; 07-19-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Or - you know - the fact that the video for the song "THIS ISN'T THE PLACE" was made by the people at 42 Entertainment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    still on my first listen, but so far This Isn't The Place and The Background World are standouts for me. although ADD VIOLENCE definitely feels like more 'accessible' than NTAE, I love how distorted and grungy it remains

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Or - you know - the fact that the video for the song "THIS ISN'T THE PLACE" was made by the people at 42 Entertainment.
    Right! Sorry, forgot about that... I've been processing too much information lately and things have started leaking out.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Did Trent just fart in our ears in The Background World @ 4:04?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Hey, everyone asking for links. Go buy it. . . It's 12 fucking bucks. . . What the fuck. . .
    as someone who couldn't afford HM when it came out, you guys need to learn how to be better poor music fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well fuck, this has been a solid year of music for nine inch nails. NTAE really worked for me, it was a great representation of the stuff I liked WAAAAAAAAAAY back in the day from nin. Now this Add Violence thing is much of the sounds I have enjoyed later in this career, but to my ear better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are those getting early downloads MP3 or FLAC or both? I'm not having any luck of the draw today.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowsminion View Post
    Are those getting early downloads MP3 or FLAC or both? I'm not having any luck of the draw today.
    That's why I want to make sure I get the link if I buy it. Buying it puts me at -$6 until Tuesday

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    That's why I want to make sure I get the link if I buy it. Buying it puts me at -$6 until Tuesday

I just bought it from nin store on my laptop.. download link appeared right away. for digital version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Re: Two different download links

The files are all the same size, spectrographs look the same, channels match each other.
    I'm guessing that the first link was updated because it doesn't appear to have a download limit whereas the SendOwl link has a limit of 10 downloads.
    It has a limit, Not 10. trust me. Dont ask...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    I still don't think this has anything to do with Year Zero.
    I would say Trent has a message he wants to get out. In a radio interview he said, basically lyrics for the 3rd album are ready, but has no idea how the 3rd one will sound. Really good interview

It may not be a full fledged ARG, but he clearly wanted Year Zero to be represented hence the video "This Isn't The Place" and the album art.
    Last edited by seVen_s; 07-19-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That's the thing... I pay for a premium Spotify account... I will have access to the tracks soon enough and I'm a bit more patient now than I was 10-20 years ago. I feel like I would be double paying by buying the digital DL today. Still, TR will get his share... I spin NIN all day long on Spotify. I think I've already earned him $1000 just for 'Less Than' plays....

I'm a huge NIN fan but I have kind of stopped the insane collecting. Don't get me wrong... I still remember the feel of the Broken album and the artwork with TDS... The Fragile artwork changed my perspective on life... and I did buy NTAE and I got my black powder ... but I passed on this one.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seVen_s View Post
    I would say Trent has a message he wants to get out. In a radio interview he said, basically lyrics for the 3rd album are ready, but has no idea how the 3rd one will sound.

It may not be a full fledged ARG, but he clearly wanted Year Zero to be represented hence the video "This Isn't The Place" and the album art.
    The more and more we go through this the more it sounds like Bleedthrough.

The Background World has a lyric "world is always bleeding through" even.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    NOT ANYMORE sounds like a fucking Henry Rollins jam LOL!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Did Trent troll everyone when the description on the site labels this as "more accessible" than NTAE? Because it certainly is NOT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. x2.

(Anybody got spectograms already?!)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Less Than was definitely a misdirection sonically and I could not be happier because of it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Kill me now, card was declined

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    there's something in the background world
    might not be on a spectogram
    but there IS
    idc look at this shit
    i can't fucking believe it i'm completely blown away
    let's start looking

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I think The Background World is a masterpiece and I hate the word masterpiece

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    though i think you guys are overhyping the background world, this ep is fucking fantastic, with not anymore and the first few minutes of the background world becoming my favorites. i almost wish the dissent into the void was its own separate track.

i can't decide if i love this ep more than NtAE, but this shit is top tier either way. can't wait for the live versions to surface after the concert tonight.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Did Trent troll everyone when the description on the site labels this as "more accessible" than NTAE? Because it certainly is NOT.
    Are you sure...this is what you want?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just wow. Still processing this.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Actual photo of me hearing The Lovers

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I loved NTAE. This is even better.