PDA

View Full Version : Puscifer

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Goldfoot
11-23-2011, 03:33 PM
For the newcomers, this is Maynard James Keenan's personal music project that involves "a revolving door of musicians."
http://www.puscifer.com

I saw them for the first time this past Saturday and it was fantastic. They played the whole new album, albeit out of order, which was amazing since I can't get enough of it. They had the desert theme where Maynard drug an enclosed trailer out onto the stage then started setting up camp. He was talking about our experiences as humans and then called Carina out of the trailer. Later he pulled a flatbead trailer onto the stage with the drums on them and called out some dirty hippies to get a drum circle going. It was quite the evening and Carina was definitely a delightful addition to the group. Also, this was the first time I'd seen a left-handed drummer in action.

Garebear
11-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Going to see them in Tulsa, can't wait!

NotoriousTIMP
11-23-2011, 05:00 PM
I had the chance to catch the opening night of the currently tour (it was also my first time seeing Puscifer live) and you NEED to try and get out to one of these shows. The way the music is presented to you in a live format was great and each song sounded awesome. One of the better shows I've been to in the past few years

Amaro
11-23-2011, 08:11 PM
I was disappointed with the new album.

lady weetly
11-25-2011, 04:19 AM
Honestly I preferred last year's shows than the one I went to a few weeks ago. But it was still awesome and they sounded really great. It was weird seeing them in an broadway theater instead of a smaller venue, but I was only four rows from the stage so it was fine. It still was a really fantastic show and I highly recommend going. Also, I really like the new album and it is badass live. :)

JessicaSarahS
11-25-2011, 10:43 PM
^^Was it just the atmosphere? Or production quality? I'm reeeeeally busy the week of my show, and I'm still debating on going to this show. I've been satisfied with previous shows, but I have that same feeling where it's not quite the same as the earlier stuff. My interest is kind of waning at this point.

With that said, I *finally* got the CD today from my local record store!

Ryan
11-26-2011, 08:25 PM
I adore the new record, especially Green Valley. It's the best work Maynard's put out in a long long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcw8G3TRJO8

Ryan
11-26-2011, 09:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-_J5WWkoc

Leviathant
11-26-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm definitely a big fan of Conditions of my Parole, as well as most of "C is for..." - I was really disappointed with the debut, but was pleased to see the direction turn the way it did. I got to see 'em live the first time they came through Philly, it was a fun show. Couldn't make it out there this past week though, unfortunately.

lady weetly
11-26-2011, 10:36 PM
^^Was it just the atmosphere? Or production quality? I'm reeeeeally busy the week of my show, and I'm still debating on going to this show. I've been satisfied with previous shows, but I have that same feeling where it's not quite the same as the earlier stuff. My interest is kind of waning at this point.

The atmosphere was different because it was a bigger venue and less intimate. But they still were really great. Plus last year I got the Vagina Air and Country shows which were a lot of fun. You should really go though!! :D

Harry Seaward
11-30-2011, 10:49 PM
I love the new record. I'm a fan of pretty much all the musicians involved and they all came out sounding great. When I first heard it, I thought it could use a few more upbeat songs with perhaps some Danny Lohner influence (He's a big part of what I would consider Puscifer's 'sound') but it's since then grown on me. You can hear a lot of Josh Eustis' influence, which I quite enjoy. Maynard and Carina's voices work well together. I just generally enjoy the 'empty-yet-full' soundscapes a lot of the songs have. Maybe it was because I was in Arizona during my first listen, but I thought it definitely gives the feeling of being in the desert during most of the songs. They really captured what I imagine to be the feeling of recording an album in tiny Jerome. It's a new(ish) style for Puscifer, but I fully endorse it.

Now if only I had the funds to catch them out in SF next month.

Deadpool
11-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Saw them in Brooklyn last week and had a blast. The live band is phenomenal, and I really enjoyed Maynard's opening monologue and hauling out of the trailer. The "quiet" section, made up of the Oceans-Monsoons-Horizons trinity was a highlight: Jeff Friedl using the electronic kit in center stage was very cool. The full-band rendition of Horizons (probably my favorite track on the new album) was a great surprise. Definitely see them live if you can!

(great to have ETS back, by the way!)

RJK
12-01-2011, 08:40 AM

Last years shows were more "fun" with the different theme nights but the band still sounded fantastic on this tour. I think the difference for me was with the songs from the first album last tour they "rocked them up" where the new songs are played pretty straight forward to the record. That doesn't mean it's a bad experience. It's definitely worth doing once. Plus Carina's set is worth the price of admission.

Collin
12-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Was not a fan of Conditions of My Parole, Maynards worst album he's ever made, IMO.

wight rabbit
12-01-2011, 02:23 PM
A good way to ruin an otherwise fantastic, intimate show: stand up and cause everyone else to do the same, ultimately obstructing everybody's​ view of the stage. I was so pissed off by the end of the show. I had a better time at the first show in nosebleed seats. /rant

JessicaSarahS
12-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Last years shows were more "fun" with the different theme nights but the band still sounded fantastic on this tour. I think the difference for me was with the songs from the first album last tour they "rocked them up" where the new songs are played pretty straight forward to the record. That doesn't mean it's a bad experience. It's definitely worth doing once. Plus Carina's set is worth the price of admission.

Ah, yes. That's the feeling I got. They're not cutting loose as much this time around it seems. I loved the way they reworked the songs last time around, but I figured the straight through playing of the material would happen as time progressed and more material was added to the show. I'm still going to try to get out there next week, but I won't feel gutted if I miss it.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-01-2011, 03:01 PM
What's the merch like for these shows? Anything that really stands out? Way overpriced?

So stoked for Tulsa tomorrow!

botley
12-01-2011, 03:08 PM
I liked seeing the band live this year. I liked the new record. But I miss Tool.

Harry Seaward
12-01-2011, 03:31 PM
A good way to ruin an otherwise fantastic, intimate show: stand up and cause everyone else to do the same, ultimately obstructing everybody's​ view of the stage. I was so pissed off by the end of the show. I had a better time at the first show in nosebleed seats. /rant

This seems to be a big debate among the fans. I know they've (the band) been telling people to stand up during the shows, but people don't seem to like standing for very long. During the show I went to on the '09 tour, there were only two very drunk people standing and dancing in the entire venue. And they were in the seats directly in front of my girlfriend and I, so I was forced to stand up and block the view of the people behind me. I felt like a total dick, but I wasn't going to miss the show because of two drunk douchebags, even if it made me the douchebag in turn. I think it should be an all or none situation. If tons of people start to stand, then everyone else should stand up. If everyone in the venue, but you, is seated, then sit the fuck down!

Piko
12-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Album's kinda boring... Few decent songs though.

p_rez17
12-01-2011, 05:47 PM
I have to say, the first tour was a lot more like a variety show feel to it. Much more focused on the comedy aspect of Puscifer, while the latest tour was more of a straightforward concert. Still very much enjoyed it but the intermission video just made me miss Uncle Scratch (all my best to Brother Ed), costume changes, and funny videos.

It took me until the next day to realize they played all of "Conditions of My Parole" (no wonder I heard all my favorites), loved the visuals, and opening monologue.

Thoroughly enjoy the new album and my favorite tracks at the moment: Tiny Monsters, Oceans, Toma, Conditions of My Parole and Tumbleweed.

Space Suicide
12-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Conditions is a good album. Can't wait to see what the tour beholds.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-01-2011, 07:30 PM
It took me until the next day to realize they played all of "Conditions of My Parole" (no wonder I heard all my favorites), loved the visuals, and opening monologue.

Thoroughly enjoy the new album and my favorite tracks at the moment: Tiny Monsters, Oceans, Toma, Conditions of My Parole and Tumbleweed.

I realized that when I saw the setlist posted somewhere, then looked up the track listing. Just made me that much more excited for tomorrow. :D (I don't even own the album yet...I've started just buying CDs when I go to shows. Generally $5 cheaper and have some sentimental value, I guess).

"Horizons" has to be one of my all-time favorite songs, and the drums on "Green Valley" just fucking kill it. They recorded a good portion of the drums in a wine cellar or something like that, didn't they?

MAD
12-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Conditions of My Parole is certainly not my favorite. I like Man Overboard and Toma but the rest is the Sea of Meh. I was expecting more Vs and Cs, sexual innuendos and the like.

aggroculture
12-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Great live show.

But I agree the album is somewhat dull, too mellow.

gorny540
12-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Never really paid much attention to Puscifer until the most recent album, and I absolutely love Conditions. I always just thought of the band as Maynard making vagina jokes, but the new album is serious, which will probably turn some original fans away, but people like myself who are big APC fans will love the album.

Harry Seaward
12-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Never really paid much attention to Puscifer until the most recent album, and I absolutely love Conditions. I always just thought of the band as Maynard making vagina jokes, but the new album is serious, which will probably turn some original fans away, but people like myself who are big APC fans will love the album.

It's not all serious. Man Overboard is overflowing with sexual innuendos. The title track is pretty funny as well. I think most Puscifer is like that, having humor mixed in with seriousness. That's what I like about them, you can listen to some funky tunes, and laugh at absurd wordplay, and take in bits and pieces of serious messages in between.

Piko
12-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Puscifer's mostly whatever Maynard's feeling like at that particular time. Some are serious, some are funny. A little bit of everything. Album's just TOO mellow and doesn't seem to really go anywhere. There's some good stuff there, but a lot of it's just forgettable IMO.

PhoenixML
12-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Conditions is my favorite album this year! I didn't like much of V is for Vagina. Probably Maynard's worst work to me. (I don't mind people liking the album) I did find C is for EP interesting, but this new album is AWESOME!. Tiny Monsters, Tumbleweeb, Green Valey, awesome. (I might add that I prefer Thirteenth Step over Mer de Noms).

Tiny Monsters is 5:36 on the CD. I don't know where I got the other version....

nineismine
12-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Anyone else going to the PHX show next Friday?

spiral94
12-03-2011, 12:57 AM
i love all the puscifer stuff . momma sed was my favorite song for a long long time. i haven't gotten conditions ... is it true cortini is on the album??

Ryan
12-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Yes, on the song Oceans I think. The new record is quite mellow and APC-like for the most part.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-03-2011, 03:46 AM
Okay, so... We hit a HUGE deer on the way to Tulsa. We're both okay, but my car is totaled. I really need a favor though. Does aaanyone know if there are posters at these shows? If so, would anyone be willing to buy one for me if I paid you everything back? My girl was REALLY looking forward to this show, and I want to try to get her something, anything to surprise her.

Can anyone help me out?

Also, it's kinda shallow I guess...but does anyone think that I would be able to get a refund if I was unable to get my tix because of the crash...? Money's tight, so that would really help...

october_midnight
12-07-2011, 10:34 AM
February

23 - Austin, TX - Long Center for the Performing Arts

25 - Baton Rouge, LA - River Center Theatre

26 - Memphis, TN - Orpheum Theatre

28 - Nashville, TN - Andrew Jackson Hall

29 - Louisville, KY - Brown Theatre

March

3 - Cincinnati, OH - Taft Theatre

4 - Indianapolis, IN - Murat Theatre

6 - Kansas City, KS - Kansas City Music Hall 7 - Omaha, NE - Omaha Civic Auditorium

10 - Edmonton, AB - North Alberta Jubilee Auditorium 11 -Calgary, AB - Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium

13 - Vancouver, BC - The Centre in Vancouver for Performing Arts

14 - Portland, OR - Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

18 - Escondido, CA - California Center for the Arts

RJK
12-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Edit2: Carina is opening. http://youtu.be/P7ZUEUMraN0

Edit: Beat me too it. I really hope Carina opens these shows.
2012 Tour dates http://ymlp.com/zk41C8

R-Dot-Yung
12-07-2011, 10:59 AM
No new york? I don't get it

Callahan
12-07-2011, 10:59 AM
fuuck! I'm going to be on vacation when the tickets go on sale for the Calgary show. Hopefully I'll have access to the Internet, so I can order them.

Has anyone purchased the VIP tickets? how was the experience with that, worth it?

Goldfoot
12-07-2011, 11:17 AM
No new york? I don't get it

They've already been to New York.

RJK
12-07-2011, 11:22 AM
fuuck! I'm going to be on vacation when the tickets go on sale for the Calgary show. Hopefully I'll have access to the Internet, so I can order them.

Has anyone purchased the VIP tickets? how was the experience with that, worth it?

They play two songs and you get a bag, autographed poster and a really good seat. Technically there is value in the package.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-07-2011, 11:24 AM
After the car accident on my way to the Tulsa show, I'm BEYOND happy that they'll be in Kansas City on March 6th. I'm gonna buy those bad boys up asafp.

ManBurning
12-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I love how people don't check the thread before posting, therefore a million people post the same thing.

However... I'll be at the Vancouver show! Can't wait, will be my first time seeing Puscifer, looks like quite the interesting show.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Oops! Sorry. I guess I'd opened up the thread on my ipod and assumed I was on the most recent page, but I was on the first. Either way. Stoked for Kansas City.

JessicaSarahS
12-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Needs more Nor Cal!!

hologram parade
12-07-2011, 01:30 PM
just picked up the vinyl version of conditions of my parole and each side has a small etching:

a: dont play
b: these
c: backwards
d: dumb dumb

any ideas?

TOOL
12-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Caught the Tulsa show, it was really great. I found Maynard's speech to be inspirational in the creative sense. I also saw them in Dallas in 2009, I believe it was.

I was wondering if anyone has heard the live version of Dozo from the Pearl? It sounds like it's the same quality as the Vagina Mine and Momma Sed recordings on the C is for EP. I would link it but I'm not sure if that would break any rules, but it is on YouTube. Maybe this is already old news, haha.

Goldfoot
12-07-2011, 01:56 PM
just picked up the vinyl version of conditions of my parole and each side has a small etching:

a: dont play
b: these
c: backwards
d: dumb dumb

any ideas?

I bet you play them in alphabetical order, which would make that sentence make sense. a>b>c>d>repeat as desired

hologram parade
12-07-2011, 02:16 PM
i was thinking more along the lines of something hidden on the record

thelastdisciple
12-07-2011, 04:44 PM
I am so definitely going to make it to a Puscifer show, they've got a show scheduled in my own city HOW COULD I NOT!? Calgary boo yeah!

What a welcomed surprise, this more than makes up for not seeing Rammstein a second time me thinks. 60 dollars for main floor theater seating is not too bad.

EDIT: Hey Callahan, maybe I'll see ya there in March ;)

Harry Seaward
12-07-2011, 05:28 PM
i was thinking more along the lines of something hidden on the record

You didn't find it yet? Oh wow man, I guess it's just super obvious once you hear it.

Anyways, no one ever comes to Reno. Pricks.

theimage13
12-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Not having the time to reverse the album and listen to it, my guess is that the etching is merely a joke about how parental supervision groups and conspiracy theorists are always blathering on about extraordinarily stupid shit that can supposedly be heard by playing given records backwards. Thus, "don't play these backwards, dumb dumb" is Maynard's way of telling you to just listening to the fucking music.

Harry Seaward
12-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Not having the time to reverse the album and listen to it, my guess is that the etching is merely a joke about how parental supervision groups and conspiracy theorists are always blathering on about extraordinarily stupid shit that can supposedly be heard by playing given records backwards. Thus, "don't play these backwards, dumb dumb" is Maynard's way of telling you to just listening to the fucking music.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Somewhat Damaged
12-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Still no Wisconsin show. Super pumped.

I really want to see Puscifer again, but I honestly want to see Carina Round a little bit more.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-12-2011, 07:10 AM
So, was the meet n greet ticket worth it?

RJK
12-12-2011, 12:06 PM
So, was the meet n greet ticket worth it?

It's not a meet and greet it's soundcheck. Two songs.

Harry Seaward
12-12-2011, 12:15 PM
It's not a meet and greet it's soundcheck. Two songs.

Plus a wine tasting with Maynard.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Ehhh. I wondered if it was a soundcheck. I dunno, I think I'll go with regular tickets. I can do without the poster and stuff.

Edit: And the wine tasting would be cool, but I can't afford those!

JessicaSarahS
12-12-2011, 05:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnazs2t5Brg

:eek::eek: (Yes, it's Puscifer related. Just watch it.)

Space Suicide
12-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Plus a wine tasting with Maynard.

"Hey sucker, drink my shit-wine. It'll cost you an additional $50.00 to shake my hand."

Harry Seaward
12-12-2011, 06:38 PM
"Hey sucker, drink my shit-wine. It'll cost you an additional $50.00 to shake my hand."

Never said it was a good deal lol.

Totally
12-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Wow.. is this album fucking great

PhoenixML
12-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Is there any new content in the vinyl edition? Like the CD has an extra one minute intro before Tiny Monsters.

Callahan
12-12-2011, 08:31 PM
I am so definitely going to make it to a Puscifer show, they've got a show scheduled in my own city HOW COULD I NOT!? Calgary boo yeah!

What a welcomed surprise, this more than makes up for not seeing Rammstein a second time me thinks. 60 dollars for main floor theater seating is not too bad.

EDIT: Hey Callahan, maybe I'll see ya there in March ;)

I'm definitely going to try and make it! Just debating between a regular ticket, or VIP. Spending a lot this month with vacation/xmas/moving at the end of the month, so it'll most likely be a regular ticket. I'd just like to get some good seats.

demgoth
12-12-2011, 09:53 PM
After kicking myself for not seeing them earlier (I was a little late in getting into Puscifer, although I love Tool and A Perfect Circle), I finally got around to seeing this band twice - 11/25 in Brooklyn, NY and two days ago in Las Vegas! Arguably two of the best shows I saw all year, I love the new album and Carina Round was a great opener and added part of Puscifer too. After seeing the Brooklyn show and deciding that I had the funds and time to go to Vegas for a few days (I usually go a few times a year based on what's happening concert-wise) to see the show again, it was that good! Even if it's the same exact show again, if they play again near NY I'm definitely there.

think i'm a fire engine
12-13-2011, 02:58 AM
Honestly, this album tickles me in so many places. Not to start shit, but I very highly doubt a new APC album would've been this cool.

JessicaSarahS
12-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Man Overboard #3

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/the-best-music-videos-of-2011.html

I dunno about that...

Harry Seaward
12-13-2011, 11:58 PM
The video for the title track was streets ahead of Man Overboard.

JessicaSarahS
12-14-2011, 12:08 AM
The video for the title track was streets ahead of Man Overboard.

Agreed!!

(+10)

Reznor2112
12-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Has anyone done the $200 VIP Caduceus wine tasting package that is offered? Was it worth it? What were the perks?

And also, is it $200 flat or $200 + fees?

Do they sale bottles of the wine at the tasting/show?

RJK
12-14-2011, 04:10 PM
You get a bag an autographed poster, a lanyard and a seat near the front. You get to taste a few wines and Maynard makes a toast. The $200 is a flat fee. They do not sell the wine at the shows. Worth is in the eye of the beholder. Most of the people I know that did it thought it was worth it.

Reznor2112
12-14-2011, 05:43 PM
cool man thanks for the response. Sounds worth it to me. I was going to do it anyways even if Maynard slapped me.

What is the Community service event? And is there a meet and greet or soundcheck?

ManBurning
12-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Well, secured 4 tickets for the Vancouver show, didn't get the greatest seats... But least I'll finally be able to see the show. Missed it last tiem they came to town.
Got Left Orchestra, row N seats 14-17.

Maynard shows always seem to sell out ridiculiously fast.

The Doctor
12-16-2011, 01:52 PM

I happen to think the 1 wine of his that I've tried before was quality stuff, quite good. You a wine guy with super-picky tastes or just not a wine person?

Goldfoot
12-16-2011, 01:58 PM
I happen to think the 1 wine of his that I've tried before was quality stuff, quite good. You a wine guy with super-picky tastes or just not a wine person?

My friend has looked into it and said that Maynard's wine actually rates pretty well according to a lot of critics. I have no idea specifics on this, but I wouldn't expect him to do it half-assed. Plus I watched Blood Into Wine and he's very passionate about it.

The Doctor
12-16-2011, 02:04 PM
My friend has looked into it and said that Maynard's wine actually rates pretty well according to a lot of critics. I have no idea specifics on this, but I wouldn't expect him to do it half-assed. Plus I watched Blood Into Wine and he's very passionate about it.

Exactly. I fear that the guy who called it shit either 1. Isn't old enough to drink or 2. Doesn't drink wine.
Either is fine, but I wouldn't go around talking about the quality of someone's coke since I'm not a cokehead, y'know?

Space Suicide
12-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Exactly. I fear that the guy who called it shit either 1. Isn't old enough to drink or 2. Doesn't drink wine.
Either is fine, but I wouldn't go around talking about the quality of someone's coke since I'm not a cokehead, y'know?

Or perhaps I made a joke to coincide with absurd prices to meet the man and I kept the sarcasm throughout? Lighten up, Francis.

(See what I did there?)

Goldfoot
12-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Or perhaps I made a joke to coincide with absurd prices to meet the man and I kept the sarcasm throughout? Lighten up, Francis.

(See what I did there?)

What you did there could be a joke because you used a reference we should recognize. Simply calling it "shit-wine" isn't really a joke since that's basically just trashing the quality of it. Plus given the sort of nonsense he sells through Puscifer, your statement still leans toward the side of bitterness than joking the way I read it, no matter what your intent was.

Space Suicide
12-16-2011, 03:00 PM
What you did there could be a joke because you used a reference we should recognize. Simply calling it "shit-wine" isn't really a joke since that's basically just trashing the quality of it. Plus given the sort of nonsense he sells through Puscifer, your statement still leans toward the side of bitterness than joking the way I read it, no matter what your intent was.

I guess text yet again doesn't transition tone or emotional thought outputs. Didn't realize a half-assed reply would get so much flak. I know he crafts and takes exceptional consideration in his wine and vineyard endeavors, hence the Puscifer headquartes in Arizona. I've seen the Blood Into Wine documentary.

More or less made an absurd, sarcastic remark about his meet and greet prices and made it snippy sounding. So forgive me.

Reznor2112
12-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Wooo. Scored my 2 VIP Caduceus wine tasting tix for Memphis! Super stoked

RJK
12-16-2011, 06:33 PM
I got 3rd row for Cincinnati and Indy.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Well, secured 4 tickets for the Vancouver show, didn't get the greatest seats... But least I'll finally be able to see the show. Missed it last tiem they came to town.
Got Left Orchestra, row N seats 14-17.

Maynard shows always seem to sell out ridiculiously fast.

No joke. I've made it a point to be ready to buy tickets to any Maynard show a good 10-15 minutes before on-sale time, otherwise I know I'll be stuck with nosebleeds, if anything at all.

But I managed to get far right, row M for the Kansas City show. Sooo pumped to get a second chance to see this show. I was worried Tulsa would be the last opportunity to see 'em!

Harry Seaward
12-20-2011, 04:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bigVpjDEoCo

I just showed this to a friend and he said it sounded like Creed. I'm not sure if I should be killing him or myself.

seasonsinthesky
12-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Is there any new content in the vinyl edition? Like the CD has an extra one minute intro before Tiny Monsters.
wat? an extra intro?

Harry Seaward
12-20-2011, 10:56 AM
wat? an extra intro?

It's just a clip of 'Tumbleweed' that plays before Tiny Monsters starts. I much prefer the version that doesn't have the intro actually.

seasonsinthesky
12-20-2011, 05:12 PM
on the CD or the vinyl?

RJK
12-20-2011, 06:00 PM
I know the CD has the intro. I haven't checked the vinyl yet.

think i'm a fire engine
12-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Paul shaffer!

JessicaSarahS
12-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Paul shaffer!

I can't stand Paul Shaffer, but his little solo made that performance. :D

gorny540
12-22-2011, 01:48 AM
I'd love it if they came back to the NorthEast because I missed them in NYC, doesn't look too promising at the moment though

think i'm a fire engine
12-22-2011, 09:34 AM
I can't stand Paul Shaffer, but his little solo made that performance. :D

Yeah, I now feel like the recorded version is missing something at the end there.

aggroculture
12-30-2011, 05:50 AM
Recently bought some Giger Necronomicon books, and was surprised to see something familiar:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LvQY1V97idk/S2zTj2JlRpI/AAAAAAAAAnE/EtjlYPEyX3k/s400/hr_giger_victory_VIII.jpg

theimage13
12-30-2011, 09:09 AM
I can't stand Paul Shaffer, but his little solo made that performance last too long

Fixed. That little addition was unbearable. I watched it a second time to see if it would grow on me, and I hated it even more then. It just doesn't fit with the song. At all. It may not be so bad on it's own, but it's a horrific clash with the rest of the music.

Harry Seaward
01-14-2012, 02:00 AM
Hippies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5elYwI-VFWc

Space Suicide
01-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Tm and Eric! Yay!

I could see more of Maynard being involved with them. He was in an episode of Awesome Show! as a scientist before and he sang. I don't recall.

Also, I finally bought a physical copy of Conditions of My Parole. I was lucky enough to find it at FYE when I went to the big mall we have about an hour away. Love it. He couldn't have made an even gayer album artwork collection than this even if he tried.

MAD
01-22-2012, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHMAzzZYuAQ

Could someone with more free time than I have turn this into a Toma instrumental, please?

Here's a cookie for your efforts and I will give a muffin afterwards too.
http://i.imgur.com/jGAOv.jpg

Leviathant
01-22-2012, 05:20 PM
I fucking love cookies.

Go to http://www.listentoyoutube.com/ and with a little bit of creative editing, you can probably filter out the white noise swishes that accompany the scene changes.

theimage13
01-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Hippies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5elYwI-VFWc

I have absolutely no idea what just happened here, but it furthers my love for Maynard as a strange, strange man.

Reznor2112
01-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Could anyone tell me or if you have pics that would be amazing of the merch they have had on this tour that you cant get on Puscifer website...

Gracias.

Harry Seaward
01-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Puscifer will be on Jimmy Kimmel Feb 16.

Also, I like how he talks about that video being a propaganda film while showing off a his Puscifer shirt/poster.

Space Suicide
01-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Puscifer will be on Jimmy Kimmel Feb 16.

Also, I like how he talks about that video being a propaganda film while showing off a his Puscifer shirt/poster.

I'll sure as hell watch that. Wonder what will be performed...Man Overboard probably and maybe an older tune, Queen B?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-25-2012, 02:10 AM
Just got my hands on the new album, and wow.. not what i was expecting at all and i'm loving it so far. Telling Ghosts and Horizons are my favs so far.

aggroculture
01-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Shame there isn't a NYC date. I'd love to see them again.

demgoth
01-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Agreed, the BAM show was great. Inspired me to go see them in Vegas. I'd consider going if it was anywhere within like 4-5 hours drive from here.

Space Suicide
02-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Telling Ghosts Music Video debut (http://www.spin.com/articles/puscifer-debut-lynchtastic-telling-ghosts-video)

Which is awesome, one of my favorite tracks from Conditions!

ManBurning
02-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Telling Ghosts Music Video debut (http://www.spin.com/articles/puscifer-debut-lynchtastic-telling-ghosts-video)

Which is awesome, one of my favorite tracks from Conditions!

Great Track indeed, but didn't care for the video. I'm not a big fan of bands just playing "live". I like a story in my videos, kind of like how the conditions of my parole video was.

Space Suicide
02-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Great Track indeed, but didn't care for the video. I'm not a big fan of bands just playing "live". I like a story in my videos, kind of like how the conditions of my parole video was.

I haven't watched the video yes but is it bad to say from Puscifer I don't expect too music great music video work? I'd take a live performance footage of them over another CGI based video.

Leviathant
02-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Agreed... totally tired of the Meats Meier videos.

Harry Seaward
02-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm sick of Meats animation, but he (and Tim Cadiente) filmed this one. I don't mind live music videos, but this one was just annoying while trying to pass as artistic.

JessicaSarahS
02-01-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm sick of Meats animation, but he (and Tim Cadiente) filmed this one. I don't mind live music videos, but this one was just annoying while trying to pass as artistic.

True, but it was much better than any of the same old animation videos we've been getting.

Oh, and from Puscifer.com:

We are currently working on some form of reciprocal exchange. Almost 100% of the copyright infringement on uTube from other channels never gives a nod to the source. No mention of www.puscifer.com or www.youtube.com/pusciferdotcom being the official channels for Puscifer, Caduceus, A Perfect Circle, and Tool. No traffic is sent our way. This recent barrage of cease and desist notices is an attempt to correct this. People/artists doing videos using our work without permission deliver an added sting when they don't even mention our sites. We are independent. We NEED the traffic to OUR URL's and channels to survive as an independent project. So some form of reciprocating gesture needs to be put in place for us not to be pricks about it all. Then and only then will we consider allowing people to use our art and product in conjunction with theirs.
Having said that, NO live footage is EVER permitted. The live experience is to be enjoyed in the moment. Not on the internet.
We'll be in touch.

bobbie solo
02-01-2012, 10:04 PM
and Maynard continues to be a massive prick for no good reason. im referring mostly to the last few lines. fuck off dude, and get over yourself.

theruiner
02-01-2012, 10:13 PM
You know, I understand not wanting your stuff put out there without your permission, but if we're talking about music videos that are free anyway, already floating out in the ether, then who cares if someone posts it, with or without linking back to your website? It's FREE fucking publicity for your band, dude. Jesus. There's no downside to posting Puscifer videos that I can see and only upside- it's out there anyway and the more people see it, the more people get exposed to your band and might end up buying music and/or concert tickets. The more you have taken down, the fewer people are going to see it. They're not selling it, they're sharing something that's already free.

Not to mention, whatever traffic is lost because people aren't putting the band's website/Youtube address on the bottom is nothing compared to the potential viewers they're losing by having all these videos taken down. And who, in the year 2012 and the age of Google, can't open a new window and punch in the band's name if they're really motivated to find out more? Or just copy/paste their name into the Youtube search box. I'm sure it happens, but come on.

All he's doing is screwing himself over with that, and spreading ill-will among his fan base. Get with the freaking times, Maynard.

And good luck with the live thing, dude. I don't blame him for feeling that way, but at some point you just have to accept it and move on, don't you? Adapt or die. I hate to bring his name into it, but seriously, he could learn a few things from Trent.

think i'm a fire engine
02-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Edit: Okay, not cool of me, but still can we stop every other post from being MAYNARD SUCKY ME LIKE TRENT.

theruiner
02-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Edit: You know what? I just ran through the last couple of pages of this thread and I barely saw any Maynard bashing. In fact, quite the opposite.

On top of that, it's pretty rare outside the NIN section to see Trent's name being thrown around. Personally, I try to avoid it in the rare instance when there's even a place for it, but this time I felt it was justified.

JessicaSarahS
02-01-2012, 10:44 PM
I agree with you guys. When bands don't care about their taping policies, I find much better quality videos and it gets me excited for upcoming tours. And I tend to spend more time on their official websites and more time FOLLOWING THEM ON TOUR! What a concept, eh?! With Puscifer, Tool, etc., the bootleg quality usually sucks because people are ultra cautious, there's very little publicity from the band, and the website is rarely updated or easy to navigate so it just doesn't capture my attention like it should. That doesn't mean that the shows aren't good. I think Puscifer is great live! I think little justice is being done to it officially and unofficially. There should have been a live dvd of the first tour by now to get us all amped for the second tour and now the second leg of that tour. Having a live video recording DOES NOT satisfy the way an actual concert does. Fans know this. But without these videos, fans don't know what to expect, or if they should even give a damn. They hear everything from critics and word of mouth. People don't post much on the official Puscifer message board. So what the hell is a fan to do? We're not just going to dive head first into the unknown with such a steep ticket price. Maybe if it was $15-25. But $55+ for tickets will make people a bit more cautious.

If he wants more traffic to the website, the first order of business should be to revamp the website! That is an issue independent of the live recording issue.

Leviathant
02-01-2012, 11:03 PM
If you have a tight camera policy, it might be cool to give some cameras to tout staff and have them "bootleg" shows. Ever notice that since about 2005, whenever a shitty radio rip of a NIN song made its way online, within a few days, a pristine CD rip would turn up?

If there were already decent quality vids, I think people would be less inclined to take shitty blackberry videos.

And I think it's actually decent to ask for a link if you're using music of theirs in your video. It's really fucking simple and really effective. That's a battle I've whined about on the NIN hotline before sites like MTV and Rolling Stone started hiring people aware of blog culture. My exclusives would get ripped off, without a mention, let alone a link.

It's the Internet. The Internet is amazing because you can link to things for people who want deeper knowledge than what you're able to fit in what you have created.

So, I think that "if you are going to use our music without asking, please link to us" is a smart move.

JessicaSarahS
02-01-2012, 11:14 PM
If there were already decent quality vids, I think people would be less inclined to take shitty blackberry videos.

And I think it's actually decent to ask for a link if you're using music of theirs in your video. It's really fucking simple and really effective. That's a battle I've whined about on the NIN hotline before sites like MTV and Rolling Stone started hiring people aware of blog culture. My exclusives would get ripped off, without a mention, let alone a link.
So, I think that "if you are going to use our music without asking, please link to us" is a smart move.

I agree. But I think more people would link to the site if they knew outright that it was more "acceptable." I think this is a step forward, and I think more people will link to the site now. I'm sure many were probably avoiding linking anything official to their video to avoid it being found out. Even so, the YouTube police will always find you. :p

aggroculture
02-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Instead of worrying about youtube videos, Maynard should work on making Puscifer merch interesting again. I want to give my money to the guy and support his musical endeavours, but on this tour there was just nothing worth buying, and the t-shirts were horrible: not funny horrible, just horrible horrible.

Space Suicide
02-03-2012, 12:04 AM
I never thought I'd see Maynard get to this level of being a douche with recordings or any other unofficial endeavors. I don't see how APC needs to acknowledge the golden rule on that, it's just as much (if not more) Billy Howerdel's than it is Maynard. As for Tool, they've always been particularly assholes when it comes to live recording and etc. Guess Maynard felt even more justified to bring it to Puscifer. I think he's brilliant but his actions and words sometimes are so up his own ass ego wise and outrageous that it's too much and well...annoying.

botley
02-03-2012, 12:02 PM
This is his art. He should get to decide what's appropriate. People tacitly assume these days that the digital age means they can do what they please, but that doesn't make it right. Maynard isn't UMG or some other conglomerate trying to maximize corporate profit margins; he's doing this on his own, because it's what he believes in doing. He isn't asking for much, just attribution to the source. This is not an evil bullshit demand, it's kind of a good thing, considering the super-ephemeral nature of online distribution.

A parable: I worked for months slaving over the English-language Wikipedia article on Nine Inch Nails, only to see it repeatedly ripped off by commercial media outlets any time they ever interview Trent Reznor. In lieu of bothering to do their own research, to this day I still see major periodicals copy-and-paste my work (and many others') without attribution, in direct violation of the usage license attached to it. It's a shitty feeling when you try and put something out there for people to benefit from and enjoy, with some small caveat attached, and then see people do exactly what you don't want them to do with it out of ignorance, laziness or entitlement.

Harry Seaward
02-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Like he said in Blood Into Wine, he's "made a career of not giving the whole farm away."

The live show videos subject is a tricky one. One on hand, his views are straight on. You get absolutely no where near the same experience as you would seeing it live. Not in the same ballpark, not the same sport, not on the same planet.

On the other hand, there are quite a few reasons for people to watch live videos. 1) Some people simply can't afford to see the band(s) live. 2) Some people live in crazy places like Indonesia or Iran or Australia, where any sane band would never tour. 3) Some people were 5 years old in 1996, so it's not like they could have went to see a band back then.

I think the win-win choice would be for bands to release a live DVD. It's really not like someone will be satisfied with that and refuse to see the band live. It will only increase the urge to see the band live. It doesn't hamper ticket sales, and it stops people from being forced to watch shitty YouTube rips.

But I agree that it's not so hard to add a 'puscifer.com' to the video details.

botley
02-03-2012, 01:09 PM
I think it's actually decent to ask for a link if you're using music of theirs in your video. It's really fucking simple and really effective. That's a battle I've whined about on the NIN hotline before sites like MTV and Rolling Stone started hiring people aware of blog culture. My exclusives would get ripped off, without a mention, let alone a link.

It's the Internet. The Internet is amazing because you can link to things for people who want deeper knowledge than what you're able to fit in what you have created.

Pretty much this.

I don't know how you and the other Hotline staff have managed to keep up all the amazing work that goes into what y'all do, because it was disheartening enough for me to stop working on Wikipedia after seeing the extent to which my work was pilfered/ignored. I guess if you're doing something innately creative, like Maynard is, then that's also something you may feel compelled to keep doing as a form of expression whether you earn a living from it or not. But for me, I had to constantly justify myself by finding other reasons for doing that much work with no compensation ("it was a tremendous learning experience figuring out how to do research in that much depth/the knowledge base out there is now of a higher calibre for it/NIN was on the front page of Wikipedia for one day/etc").

JessicaSarahS
02-03-2012, 01:54 PM
But I agree that it's not so hard to add a 'puscifer.com' to the video details.

Yarp.

Pretty much this.

I don't know how you and the other Hotline staff have managed to keep up all the amazing work that goes into what y'all do, because it was disheartening enough for me to stop working on Wikipedia after seeing the extent to which my work was pilfered/ignored. I guess if you're doing something innately creative, like Maynard is, then that's also something you may feel compelled to keep doing as a form of expression whether you earn a living from it or not. But for me, I had to constantly justify myself by finding other reasons for doing that much work with no compensation ("it was a tremendous learning experience figuring out how to do research in that much depth/the knowledge base out there is now of a higher calibre for it/NIN was on the front page of Wikipedia for one day/etc").

I like contributing to a community that I enjoy and that's all that matters to me, so I don't mind it if a fan does it, but I feel it's a bit different if a company/business/etc., does it. Then it's just unprofessional.

I do a lot of concert photography. It's all amateur/unpaid and for fans only for the most part. It's a hobby of mine. I enjoy receiving letters back from fans that are thankful for my pictures because they could not attend a show and they feel my pictures capture the concert going experience. That is fulfilling to me. But it is a bit disappointing to see my pictures chopped up, badly edited and floating around uncredited on the internet, especially that goddamn tumblr. :mad: I don't mind people using my stuff and I'm pretty open to it being borrowed. I just don't want it altered. But I rarely confront the individual about it, I'll just post a general notice that some credit would be nice. But when it's a major blog, news site, etc. using my work, I make damn sure there's a credit underneath that photo. But the majority of people that use my photos do credit/ask/etc., so I try not to let a few bad incidents spoil everything. But then again, I'm not getting paid, so maybe it just doesn't bother me as much.

Leviathant
02-04-2012, 12:43 AM
it's a bit different if a company/business/etc., does it. Then it's just unprofessional.

That's what would shit me. When these 'professional' publications made money off the work I did on my own time and offered up for free, and then wouldn't even bother to contact me, mention me, link back to me. Never mind pay me. I used to get pretty angry about it. But, like you Jessica, I do it because I enjoy it. I don't do this stuff for recognition, and it certainly doesn't keep the lights on - except in that what I learned making these sites has given me a fortunate career path.

Jan
02-07-2012, 08:36 AM
I have 2 extra tickets to the 3-17 show in Riverside Ca. Left Orch row O on the aisle. This is a small venue. Actually a historic movie theater that was recently restored. Please pm if interested I want face value, but would also consider serious offers.

Harry Seaward
02-11-2012, 11:59 PM
I really want to see the rest of this live, proshot footage. The live, alt versions of many of their songs are fucking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGeKtMuRjZ8

JessicaSarahS
02-12-2012, 01:03 AM
I really want to see the rest of this live, proshot footage. The live, alt versions of many of their songs are fucking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGeKtMuRjZ8

Is that from Blood Into Wine?

Harry Seaward
02-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Is that from Blood Into Wine?

Yep, it's one of the special features.

You can also stream it here (http://www.bloodintowine.com/bonus), along with the hilarious Tim And Eric interview.

Harry Seaward
02-13-2012, 12:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVi5BbUYZhI

Harry Seaward
02-14-2012, 12:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOUhQkb6bW8

Full (sideways) video of Maynard giving that speech. Some nice sentiments.

Also, I'm stealing Hazekiah's patented 'centering comments with a big font' technique.

Space Suicide
02-14-2012, 07:55 AM
How hard is it to turn the fuckin camera picture right side up? Good video.

Harry Seaward
02-14-2012, 08:08 AM
How hard is it to turn the fuckin camera picture right side up? Good video.

You must be confused. Maynard was actually standing on the wall. It's his new 'thing'.

Space Suicide
02-17-2012, 12:12 AM
I'm watching Kimmel as I type and it fucking kills. Such an explosive sound and good performance. Very fitting for their first televised outing. They played Telling Ghosts (fuck yes, one of my fave Conditions tracks) and it was a flawless performance. The second song was Toma (huge surprise) but it was cut off shortly before the first chorus but it will be on Kimmel's site as per usual.

They didn't play on the big outside stage as APC did in 2010 but that didn't matter. They didn't change a thing from their normal shows, both him and Carina were behind the screens. But anyways, great performance and good exposure. I'm sure an actual fanbase outside of APC and Tool fans is slim and very unheard of.

I missed them this month when they came to perform in Charlotte but after seeing this (and even more solidifying my opinions) I really need to see them live sometime.

SeeOhDeeWhy
02-17-2012, 02:09 AM
Very fitting for their first televised outing.

Actually, their first televised performance was Conditions of My Parole on Letterman at Halloween. :D

Space Suicide
02-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Actually, their first televised performance was Conditions of My Parole on Letterman at Halloween. :D

Shit, I forgot about that. I didn't watch that so it slipped my mind.

Ryan
02-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Shit, I forgot sbout that. I didn't watch that so it slipped my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bigVpjDEoCo

danebraddy
02-17-2012, 09:59 AM
i know its not, but the drummer in the montage video looks like vrenna...

gorny540
02-17-2012, 01:51 PM
anyone find the full version of Toma from JKL yet?

Maurish
02-17-2012, 01:52 PM
"Telling Ghosts" and "Toma" on Jimmy Kimmel Live is now up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40go9sq6NoE

JessicaSarahS
02-17-2012, 05:42 PM
"Telling Ghosts" and "Toma" on Jimmy Kimmel Live is now up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40go9sq6NoE

Pretty good performance. Carina's voice compliments the music so well.

theimage13
02-18-2012, 06:31 AM
anyone find the full version of Toma from JKL yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhdfhSEoWE4&feature=youtu.be

So glad they did this - it's been one of my favorites off the new album since the day I got it. Now, let's get Green Valley and we'll be in business.

Reznor2112
02-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Both performances make me crack up because Carina and Maynard look like characters from Goldeneye on N64 when you got the "Big Head" cheat...

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/08/dk1.jpg

botley
02-18-2012, 06:42 PM
DK mode! Haha I thought the same thing.

BenAkenobi
02-19-2012, 04:42 AM
they look like magnified midgets :)

Reznor2112
02-20-2012, 11:49 AM
In all seriousness, is there anything ultra special that is at the VIP only merch booth that you cant get on the Puscifer site???

And any input of what is being sold at the merch table would be awesome.

The Doctor
02-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Hello,

Saw the opening night of the spring tour here in Austin! It was a great show! Here's the setlist:

1. Green Valley
2. Tiny Monsters
3. Vagina Mine
4. Dozo
5. Toma
6. The Rapture
7. The Weaver
8. Rev 22:20 (Dry Martini Mix-sounding version)
9. Potions
10. Momma Sed (kinda like version on C Is For...)
11. Oceans
12. Monsoons
13. Horizons
14. Conditions of My Parole
15. Man Overboard
16. Telling Ghosts
17. The Undertaker
"Retirement Home Encore" - everybody sitting in folding chairs, drinking wine, singing.
18. Tumbleweeds

Merch was pretty expensive! $35 t-shirts, $65 hoodies and jackets, $30 CD bundle, NO Puscifer VINYL, but Carina Round vinyl for $25. $20 unsigned poster (poster, not litho), $100 for the same poster signed. Some stickers and buttons for $5.

RJK
02-24-2012, 10:11 AM
I assume you don't know if Carina played the same set as she did on the last leg right? Also do you know what vinyl was for sale? Was it the First Blood Mystery reissue?

The Doctor
02-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I assume you don't know if Carina played the same set as she did on the last leg right? Also do you know what vinyl was for sale? Was it the First Blood Mystery reissue?

No, I'm not sure if it was the same. She claimed it was all material from her forthcoming album available for Preordering starting March 1. The vinyl I'm sketchy on too, but judging by the covers i see on Wikipedia. I think it was First Blood Mystery.

RJK
02-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks. She played new songs last tour but I was just curious if it was the same new songs. Thanks again.

Reznor2112
02-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Merch was pretty expensive! $35 t-shirts, $65 hoodies and jackets, $30 CD bundle, NO Puscifer VINYL, but Carina Round vinyl for $25. $20 unsigned poster (poster, not litho), $100 for the same poster signed. Some stickers and buttons for $5.

Ok, now are they shirts and hoodies that are available on Puscifer.com or stuff you can't get online?

The Doctor
02-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Ok, now are they shirts and hoodies that are available on Puscifer.com or stuff you can't get online?
Hm, let's see...

These were at the show & on the .com: Men's Sateen Bomber Jacket, Redneck, Seal, & Ninja Men's shirts, Ladies' Ballerina shirt

The things I saw at show I'm not seeing on the website are: black puscifer logo hoodie, purple women's hoodie, a grey shirt with the Conditions album cover art on the front, and some neoprene carrying case of some sort.

Harry Seaward
02-24-2012, 09:33 PM
http://www.mtvhive.com/playlists/2E603B02023B602E0001023B602E/mgid:playlist:video:mtvmusic.com:96623

Section 18.

He talks a bit about TR and Tapeworm.

Also, does anyone else think the host is acting like a huge crackhead?

thevoid99
02-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Well, that's what Matt Pinfield gets for hanging out with shit bands like Limp Bizkit.

Harry Seaward
02-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Well, that's what Matt Pinfield gets for hanging out with shit bands like Limp Bizkit.

What do you mean 'that's what he gets'? That's why he's a crackhead?

thevoid99
02-25-2012, 01:21 AM
What do you mean 'that's what he gets'? That's why he's a crackhead?

Considering that this new 120 Minutes is nothing more than just another lame music show that doesn't really do anything except remind people of how good the old one was. Matt Pinfield's enthusiasm doesn't really seem as genuine as it once was. Plus, what passionate music fan would associate themselves with a band as reviled as Limp Bizkit?

Jinsai
02-25-2012, 01:25 AM
Oh wow. It's a band featuring a member of Tool. What a surprising topic of discussion on this board.

Ryan
02-25-2012, 04:19 AM
Oh wow. It's Jinsai making the usual unsocial asshole-type posts that he's renowned for. What a surprising thing to happen on this board.

Jinsai
02-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have said anything. I get it. People around here really like Maynard. I'm sure some people here even bought his wine. Still, I think my irritation was prompted by the fact that I browsed YouTube to check out their music, and I wound up listening to some song called "Country Boner." I guess it made me a little grumpy.

So yeah. Sorry bout that. I don't know why that song pissed me off so much, but I didn't need to rant like a dick.

Space Suicide
02-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have said anything. I get it. People around here really like Maynard. I'm sure some people here even bought his wine. Still, I think my irritation was prompted by the fact that I browsed YouTube to check out their music, and I wound up listening to some song called "Country Boner." I guess it made me a little grumpy.

So yeah. Sorry bout that. I don't know why that song pissed me off so much, but I didn't need to rant like a dick.

That song is a joke, literally. listen to something else if you hadn't before.

Reznor2112
02-25-2012, 06:38 PM

Just listen to the "C is for..." EP.

Reznor2112
02-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Sorry for double post but I am so fucking excited for tomorrow. VIP wine tasting at the Orpheum in Memphis.

$200 set aside for merch...yes I am a merch whore. Anyone on here going to the show in Memphis? Doubtful...let me know though. Good times to be had.

Will post review, setlist, and pics tomorrow night after show. :rolleyes::o:o

Piko
02-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Just listen to the "C is for..." EP.

That would probably be the best place to start for any newcomer. I was pretty mixed about V is for Vagina. Hated it, but it eventually grew on me. C is more conventional, and even live stuff from V are easier to get into.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Sorry for double post but I am so fucking excited for tomorrow. VIP wine tasting at the Orpheum in Memphis.

$200 set aside for merch...yes I am a merch whore. Anyone on here going to the show in Memphis? Doubtful...let me know though. Good times to be had.

Will post review, setlist, and pics tomorrow night after show. :rolleyes::o:o

If you could, is there any chance you could snag a picture of the merch booth? or just post some of the things they've got available? I'm a bit of a merch whore too, but I'd rather go in knowing how much money to bring :P Have fun though!

Harry Seaward
02-26-2012, 02:10 PM
knowing how much money to bring

Can't you just bring your credit/debit card...?

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-26-2012, 02:33 PM
I usually try not to use my card whenever I don't have to, and I've been to a surprising amount of merch tables that don't take cards. You'd think it would be a universal thing, but I figure at least with cash I can just fork it over and be done with it.

Besides, with cash I have a set limit with how much I can spend. :P Then I'm not tempted to spend a little extra on something else I can't really afford.

Reznor2112
02-27-2012, 08:29 AM
All I can say is HOLY FUCKING SHIT ON A STICK. Fuck Tool. Fuck APC. Fuck NIN for that matter. BEST goddamn concert I have ever seen.
The $200 is so worth it. We were 2 feet from the stage. The wine tasting was awesome. The sound check was amazing and apparently a bunch of people saw the soundcheck in other cities from far away...3rd row from the stage.

Off to class will post full review later...as well as Puscifer's cover of The Chain during soundcheck. Yeah...I got it. ;)

Harry Seaward
02-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Puscifer's cover of The Chain

Fleetwood Mac? Was Maynard there for soundcheck?

Glad you had a good time, Puscifer translates so much better live than in studio.

RJK
02-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Off to class will post full review later...as well as Puscifer's cover of The Chain during soundcheck. Yeah...I got it. http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/images/smilies/wink.png

Looking forward to hearing this!

demgoth
02-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Not sure if this was addressed anywhere but is there anywhere to download (legally..) the Trekka Spaghetti version? Is there any other version except for this live one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys75S59Z-cw

The Doctor
02-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Here's my official write-up on the Austin show: http://ourvinyl.com/puscifer-long-center-austin-tx/

Harry Seaward
02-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Not sure if this was addressed anywhere but is there anywhere to download (legally..) the Trekka Spaghetti version? Is there any other version except for this live one?

Not legally, as in, it's not for sale. Simple as pie to rip from puscifer.com though.

And I'm sure there are tons of versions of Trekka live, but this is the one that was actually mixed professionally and not just an audience rip.

Here's my official write-up on the Austin show: http://ourvinyl.com/puscifer-long-center-austin-tx/

Link's broken.

Jan
02-28-2012, 07:55 AM

Great review! Makes it hard for me to wait until March 17th!

Amaro
02-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Carina Round is hut.

ManBurning
02-28-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm trying hard to avoid this thread like the plague, as I'm hitting the Vancouver show in about 2 weeks and want to be surprised with the show, but as previously asked, does anyone have a photo or a description of what merch is being sold? Thanks!

Ryan
02-29-2012, 01:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys75S59Z-cw

https://store.puscifer.com/music/trekka_phx_100214.mp3

And the rest:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<playlist version="0" xmlns = "http://xspf.org/ns/0/">
<trackList>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/06 The Humbling River.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[The Humbling River]]></annotation>
<creator><![CDATA[Puscifer]]></creator>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/ManOverboard_Mix2_061611.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Man Overboard]]></annotation>
<creator><![CDATA[PUSCIFER]]></creator>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Indigo Children (JLE Dub) 2.25.08 v.6 1.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Indigo Children (JLE Dub) ]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Rocket Mann final mixxxxx number 4_01 1.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Rocket Mantastic]]></annotation>
<creator><![CDATA[Puscifer &amp; Steven Drozd]]></creator>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/01 PolarBear.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Polar Bear]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/humbling_ndj_4 1.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[The Humbling River Nagual del Judith mix]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/trekka_phx_100214.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Trekka 'Spaghetti Trekka' mix (Live)]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Lighten Up (Francis Remix) 12-1-08.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Lighten Up, Francis JLE Dub]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/03 Momma Sed Alive @ Club Nokia.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Momma Sed (Alive @ Club Nokia)]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/02 Holiday On The Moon 1.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Holiday On The Moon Puscifer Mix]]></annotation>
<creator><![CDATA[Love N Rockets/Puscifer]]></creator>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Indigo Children.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Indigo Children]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/DOZO 1.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[DoZo live at the Pearl]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Momma Sed Vegas.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Momma Sed Live in Vegas]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Vagina Mine.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Vagina Mine]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Undertaker_SP.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[The Undertaker, Spanish Fly mix]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Sour Grapes, Late 4 Dinner.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Sour Grapes, Late 4 Dinner mix]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/QueenB_BLESTeNATION 1.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Queen B- BLESTeNATION mix]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Mission4Pussdotcom.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[The Mission]]></annotation>
<creator><![CDATA[Puscifer Featuring Renholder &amp; Milla Jovovich]]></creator>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Momma Sed.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Momma Sed]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Bring Me The Disco King [Loner Mix].mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Bring Me The Disco King (Renholder Mix)]]></annotation>
<creator><![CDATA[David Bowie]]></creator>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Dozo.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[DoZo]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Rev 22_20.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Rev 22:20]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/MommaSed_BLESTeNATION_2.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Momma Sed- BLESTeNATION mix]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Queen B..mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Queen B.]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Trekka (SB mix) master.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Trekka (Sean Beaven mix) ]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Rev 22\'20 (Dry Martini Mix).mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Rev 22-20 (Dry Martini Mix)]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Choked.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Choked]]></annotation>
<creator><![CDATA[Tim Alexander]]></creator>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Queen B, Narcovice.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Queen B, Narcovice mix]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Saw II (Soundtrack Advance) - 06 - Puscifer - Rev 22 - 20 (Rev 4 - 20 Mix) copy.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Rev 22:20 (Renholder Rev 4:20 Mix)]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/The Undertaker.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[The Undertaker]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Drunk With Power.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Drunk With Power]]></annotation>
</track>
<track>
<location>https://store.puscifer.com/music/Sour Grapes.mp3</location>
<annotation><![CDATA[Sour Grapes]]></annotation>
</track>
</trackList>
</playlist>

fortysixand2
02-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Off to class will post full review later...as well as Puscifer's cover of The Chain during soundcheck. Yeah...I got it. ;)

patiently waiting for this...

Reznor2112
03-03-2012, 11:48 AM
SORRY GUYS... Been super busy with classes.

So yeah, the Memphis show was amazing.

http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws.com/22116df660c011e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

Set list (no spoilers):

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/puscifer/2012/orpheum-theatre-memphis-tn-33def459.html

To be honest the $200 for VIP was completely worth it. NO, you do not meet the fucking man so get over it. But the soundcheck, Wine tasting and seats were amazing. We were front row center in FRONT of front row. in the orchestra pit. You could touch the stage with your dick whilst sitting down.

This show is worth it just to see the tear jerking version of Momma Sed...I think the entire place was moved by their rendition of this song on this tour. And of course the son of bitch broke out his screaming voice and broke fucking loose on The Undertaker. He sounded great. He just let it all out at the end of that song. When he belted everyone started cheering frantically.

So yeah...go see this show. Is that all? Oh wait, yeah almost for got haha ;)

For my friends not able to do VIP...

Here you go you bastards...(give me a break, this was recorded on my iphone under my leg 4 rows from the stage during sound check. Best your gunna get. I dont see anyone else posting these online.)

Puscifer - The Chain (Live Soundcheck)
https://rapidshare.com/#!download|960|2063865044|Puscifer_The_Chain_live. mp3|7947

Puscifer - The Humbling River (Sped Up Acoustic-Live Soundcheck)
https://rapidshare.com/#!download|960|3094176610|Puscifer_Hum_Riv_Aco.mp3 |6286

http://distilleryimage10.s3.amazonaws.com/22e7fb4a60bc11e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

Ryan
03-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Puscifer - The Chain (Live Soundcheck)
https://rapidshare.com/#!download|960|2063865044|Puscifer_The_Chain_live. mp3|7947 (https://rapidshare.com/#%21download%7C960%7C2063865044%7CPuscifer_The_Cha in_live.mp3%7C7947)

Puscifer - The Humbling River (Sped Up Acoustic-Live Soundcheck)
https://rapidshare.com/#!download|960|3094176610|Puscifer_Hum_Riv_Aco.mp3 |6286 (https://rapidshare.com/#%21download%7C960%7C3094176610%7CPuscifer_Hum_Riv _Aco.mp3%7C6286)

May I hump your leg?

Reznor2112
03-03-2012, 02:27 PM
May I hump your leg?

Whatever your little heart desires

Reznor2112
03-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm trying hard to avoid this thread like the plague, as I'm hitting the Vancouver show in about 2 weeks and want to be surprised with the show, but as previously asked, does anyone have a photo or a description of what merch is being sold? Thanks!

Have to say Merch kinda sucks.

3 Puscifer shirts -$25 (all of which are cheaply made and very simple. almost as though the Ninja/redneck puscifer's were glued on)
Puscifer Tour shirt w/ Conditions album art on front - $35 (bought)
Black Puscifer hoodie with Puscifer face - $65
Black Puscifer track jacket w/ Ninja Puscifer - $85
Long sleeve Green Pus shirt - $40
Women's Red jacket - $n/a
Purple Women's Pus shirt - $30??
Black Beanie - $25
Buttons/stickers - $5
Conditions/V is for CD pack $18
Carina's CD and Blood re issue LP - $n/a
Signed/unsigned tour poster - $100/$25

VIP - Autographed tour poster and Puscifer "Parolee 2012" messenger bag ($free$)

Harry Seaward
03-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Both Rapidshare links get me a 404-file not found...

Not to mention Rapidshare recently implemented a 30kB/s speed cap for free users. Occupy Rapidshare!

Anyways, would it be possible for a kind soul to re-up to Mediafire?

ManBurning
03-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Have to say Merch kinda sucks.

3 Puscifer shirts -$25 (all of which are cheaply made and very simple. almost as though the Ninja/redneck puscifer's were glued on)
Puscifer Tour shirt w/ Conditions album art on front - $35 (bought)
Black Puscifer hoodie with Puscifer face - $65
Black Puscifer track jacket w/ Ninja Puscifer - $85
Long sleeve Green Pus shirt - $40
Women's Red jacket - $n/a
Purple Women's Pus shirt - $30??
Black Beanie - $25
Buttons/stickers - $5
Conditions/V is for CD pack $18
Carina's CD and Blood re issue LP - $n/a
Signed/unsigned tour poster - $100/$25

VIP - Autographed tour poster and Puscifer "Parolee 2012" messenger bag ($free$)

Thanks alot for the info!

The merch doesn't sound too appealing, but I guess i'll take a look when I go to the show. I'm not a fan of that goofy "conditions..." artwork, so the tour shirt is already out of the question. I'll see how that hoody looks, but at $65 that's a little steep.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Thanks a lot for the merch info! I had a feeling that jacket would be upwards of $75...But at least now I kinda have a good idea. Posters and beanies are my thing, so I know where my money's going. Glad you had an awesome time! And thanks for the soundcheck clips!! I'll check 'em out as soon as I get off work.

Reznor2112
03-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Both Rapidshare links get me a 404-file not found...

Not to mention Rapidshare recently implemented a 30kB/s speed cap for free users. Occupy Rapidshare!

Anyways, would it be possible for a kind soul to re-up to Mediafire?

They work if you click on the links on my original post. And they seem to download really fast...let me know if it still doesnt work and I will re upload.

Click on the links in my original "long" post, not quoted links

Harry Seaward
03-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Oh, they do work. Those are fucking awesome. 'The Chain' sounds rad as hell. Did they do any more covers/alt song versions?

Thanks for recording.

Reznor2112
03-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Nah just those. Someone on setlist.fm posted that Momma Sed was a remix which it wasnt and that Carina Round did vocals on Rev 22:20 which she didnt Maynard did.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-06-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm SOOO goddamn stoked for the show today!! SO HELP ME GOD if we hit another deer...

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I really can't put into words how incredible this show was. The new versions of all the old songs (Dozo, Vagina Mine, Potions, MOMMA SED!) were incredible, and carried so much more weight in their sound than the album versions. And as soon as the drums kicked in for Green Valley, I knew it was gonna be an awesome night.

The beanies sold out two seconds before it was my turn in the merch line, but I ended up walking away with a poster and the little Puscifer ninja-looking sticker, and I'm gonna order a shirt online. I also got a purple hoodie with the ballerina Puscifer on the back for my girl. :P If I had more cash, I would've bought more. But anyway....Yeah, the show was incredible, and the short film they had playing before Puscifer's set-up was hilarious. Fuckin' Peter Merkin.

JessicaSarahS
03-08-2012, 05:29 PM
^^Exciting! One week and one day til my show. Woo! :D

Blackbookpress1984
03-11-2012, 09:39 AM
I have a NM copy of the PUSCIFER Promo cd of "Man Overbaord" up for trade if anyone is interested. pm me

Space Suicide
03-11-2012, 10:02 AM
I have a NM copy of the PUSCIFER Promo cd of "Man Overbaord" up for trade if anyone is interested. pm me

I'd love to have that but I don't anything up for a good trade.

RJK
03-11-2012, 12:33 PM

What is this promo cd you speak of? Do you have pictures?

Harry Seaward
03-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Puscifer will be playing at Bonnaroo.

Blackbookpress1984
03-12-2012, 09:20 PM
got an e-mail? i can send em to?

What is this promo cd you speak of? Do you have pictures?

renholder
03-12-2012, 11:16 PM
The Humbling River is being used in the trailer for a new Transformers video game.

PhoenixML
03-13-2012, 01:08 PM
The Humbling River is being used in the trailer for a new Transformers video game.

The trailer is on page 2 is you are curious.
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/53-Puscifer/page2

Space Suicide
03-13-2012, 01:41 PM
What a delight misuse of a song.

JessicaSarahS
03-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Puscifer will be playing at Bonnaroo.

Nice! I hope they can add some other festivals to their itinerary.

:D So excited for the show tomorrow!

JessicaSarahS
03-17-2012, 08:10 PM
The show was great! I still prefer the older material but the new material gave the heavier stuff some balance. The soundcheck wasn't really a soundcheck. They played 2 or 3 songs and cracked jokes. But it was fun and the poster+bag that comes with it was cute. I also bought the red ninja puscifer shirt, the hairbands (Definite impulse buy. What was I thinking?! :p) and Carina Round's album. She put on an amazing show.

wizfan
03-31-2012, 11:03 AM
The guys who made FIX: The Ministry movie are releasing a track by Paul Barker remixed by Puscifer!

http://www.fixtheministrymovie.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=113&vmcchk=1&Itemid=113 (http://www.fixtheministrymovie.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=113&vmcchk=1&Itemid=113)

Space Suicide
03-31-2012, 01:17 PM
The guys who made FIX: The Ministry movie are releasing a track by Paul Barker remixed by Puscifer!

http://www.fixtheministrymovie.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=113&vmcchk=1&Itemid=113 (http://www.fixtheministrymovie.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=113&vmcchk=1&Itemid=113)

Suh-weeet!

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
FUCK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yMrFsIc6rc

June 9 Manchester, TN
June 11 Tampa, FL
June 12 Miami, FL
June 13 Orlando, FL
June 15 Baltimore, MD
June 16 Asbury Park, NJ
June 17 Reading, PA
June 18 Richmond, VA
June 20 Buffalo, NY
June 21 Columbus, OH
June 24 St. Paul, MN
June 27 Houston, TX
June 28 San Antonio, TX
June 30 Prescott, AZ

I was gonna plan a road trip this summer and stop at the Puscifer store on the way. That's just perfect.

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-27-2012, 09:48 AM
A few of these tickets are on sale now. Nobody's interested? :P I only double post because I don't want anyone who wants to go to miss a chance at getting tickets.

fortysixand2
04-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Already got tix for River's Edge. Tool and Puscifer for a little over $100, can't beat that!

Ryan
04-27-2012, 08:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yMrFsIc6rc

Boner can't tell which is hotter...

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2088/image1xz.jpg

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/914/image2otu.jpg

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-28-2012, 03:00 AM
I dunno. You can clearly see underwear in the second photo if you look close enough. My vote goes to #2.

Harry Seaward
06-10-2012, 08:50 PM
New interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbQQl1l86UE

Mr. Blaileen
06-10-2012, 09:09 PM
lol awkward.

Ryan
06-10-2012, 09:15 PM
lol, "get me the fuck outta here"

bobbie solo
06-11-2012, 12:21 AM
typical dick-for-no-reason bullshit from him, but he should probably get a pass this time b/c Juliya is insufferable. Thought she did reign it in a ton this time and was fine.

But seriously, you're the lead singer in one of the biggest bands of all time, esp. in the heavy music arena. Is it SO unfathomable that someone would ask you about it in an interview? FUCK OFF.

ManBurning
06-11-2012, 12:58 AM
I think thins confirms he's really just going through the motions with TOOL. He has no interest in that band anymore, he's older, he realzies that music doesn't really fit his personality anymore, he's not as angry as he used to be, he's mellowed out quite a bit. He only does shows these days to get money it seems.

And it's probably the other guys in the band that ask him to hit the road too "Hey Maynard, we need to pay the bills! let's quickly Jimmy up a short winter tour to sell some t-shirts."
Maynard: "Fine, but don't let anyone speak to me or look at me while we're on tour, i'm just there to lend my vocals while you guys make your money, plus I can't make wine in the winter months, so I have nothing else better to do"

Band: "Why don't we spend the time making some new music?"
Maynard: "Oh shit, look at that, Puscifer needs to hit the road for a spring tour, sorry guys this just came up!" *takes out phone, calls the puscifer gang*

Frozen Beach
06-11-2012, 02:00 AM
typical dick-for-no-reason bullshit from him, but he should probably get a pass this time b/c Juliya is insufferable. Thought she did reign it in a ton this time and was fine.

But seriously, you're the lead singer in one of the biggest bands of all time, esp. in the heavy music arena. Is it SO unfathomable that someone would ask you about it in an interview? FUCK OFF.
Lighten up Francis, Maynard obviously just likes messing with people and doesn't mean any real harm by it. It still shocks me that people just can't accept this as who Maynard is. No one bitches about Josh Freese ranting about PF Changs all the time.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-11-2012, 02:53 AM
I didn't see it as him being a real dick either, but I can totally see where someone would think that. This looks like a case of him knowing this is just a "same questions he's answered a hundred times" interview/the interviewer basically talking out of her ass and probably didn't really care about Puscifer. Also, I'm no professional on this by any means, but if you're giving an interview about Puscifer, then ask when the new Tool album come out as a closer, isn't that a little unprofessional? I mean, it'd be different if she concluded with something like "Word is that you're working on the new Tool album, as well. Is that something else that'll keep your hands busy while on tour with Puscifer," instead of just randomly asking "Oh, by the way, about your other 'bigger' band..." There's that, the awkward responses to his sarcastic dickery, and not knowing how to pronounce "Puscifer" that make me think she might have been uncomfortable or just uninterested in Puscifer, and that just fed his dickery.

Harry Seaward
06-11-2012, 02:56 AM
Band: "Why don't we spend the time making some new music?"
Maynard: "Oh shit, look at that, Puscifer needs to hit the road for a spring tour, sorry guys this just came up!" *takes out phone, calls the puscifer gang*

I always think this argument is silly. Just because Maynard has other projects doesn't mean he's choosing them over Tool or that he's the sole reason for Tool's absence from the musical arena. It's entirely possible that the other guys aren't doing shit and he wants to be productive with his spare time.

And he's always been a sarcastic asshole in interviews. This isn't anything new.

Harry Seaward
06-11-2012, 03:18 AM
Also, here's a clip from Bonnaroo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6A1whruRs0

Here's what I made out from the setlist.

- DoZo
- The Rapture
- The Weaver
- Potions
- Horizons
- Balls To The Wall (Accept cover)
- Conditions of my Parole
- Man Overboard
- Telling Ghosts
- The Undertaker

Ryan
06-12-2012, 04:30 AM
New interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbQQl1l86UE

Just speaking as a person who studies people from a distance (be it their personality, star sign traits, a variety of things), I don't think that the way Maynard behaves in interviews or in fan situations is surprising at all, for one fundamental reason. Over the years if you have listened to him talk about his passions and so forth (wine making, all of the intellectual things he has to say about life and death, etc), how often do these interesting topics that he has made more than obvious that he is into talking about get brought up? In interviews it's always the same spiel; most fans (most), will always ask the same stupid shit, nothing mentally exciting, and over the years this makes the artist become jaded and assume most people/fans are like that. And they are. I guarantee if you get one sincere fan from here interviewing him or talking to him after a gig about topics that actually interest him and just talk about the music or upcoming projects very briefly and on the wayside, he will come across as an entirely different entity. Just my two cents, and I don't normally contribute them often. Or at least this extensively.

Just the way I've always seen it deep down.

Harry Seaward
06-12-2012, 04:47 AM
Just speaking as a person who studies people from a distance (be it their personality, star sign traits, a variety of things), I don't think that the way Maynard behaves in interviews or in fan situations is surprising at all, for one fundamental reason. Over the years if you have listened to him talk about his passions and so forth (wine making, all of the intellectual things he has to say about life and death, etc), how often do these interesting topics that he has made more than obvious that he is into talking about get brought up? In interviews it's always the same spiel; most fans (most), will always ask the same stupid shit, nothing mentally exciting, and over the years this makes the artist become jaded and assume most people/fans are like that. And they are. I guarantee if you get one sincere fan from here interviewing him or talking to him after a gig about topics that actually interest him and just talk about the music or upcoming projects very briefly and on the wayside, he will come across as an entirely different entity. Just my two cents, and I don't normally contribute them often. Or at least this extensively.

Just the way I've always seen it deep down.

I'd say that's a fair point. I've been annoyed at the Tool guys in interviews before, but I gotta say I appreciate their attitudes over feigned, rehearsed responses. I'd rather hear what they really think than hear them pay some bullshit lip-service about how their fans are the best in the world and other nonsense like that. However, I do think that there are plenty of times that the attitudes from these guys are unnecessary and it makes it come across like they're just on their period or something.

Ryan
06-12-2012, 05:10 AM
I'd say that's a fair point. I've been annoyed at the Tool guys in interviews before, but I gotta say I appreciate their attitudes over feigned, rehearsed responses. I'd rather hear what they really think than hear them pay some bullshit lip-service about how their fans are the best in the world and other nonsense like that. However, I do think that there are plenty of times that the attitudes from these guys are unnecessary and it makes it come across like they're just on their period or something.

I'd say the period-thing is from the constant stupidity of the fans they have to put up with. If the intellectuals outweighed the stupid fucks we'd see a lot less of that, I think. And I think I'd be the same way as Maynard if I was in his position.

Different personalities react in different ways. Trent could easily be the same way but he pushes a mental lever and remains a little more tactful. I don't think I could do that.

Goldfoot
06-12-2012, 11:34 AM
I agree with Ryan; if you can provide something more stimulating than "How's it feel to win a Grammy?" then you're going to get a completely different attitude. It's clear when watching Blood Into Wine, for instance, that if you're willing to have an actual conversation with the man, he's open to talking to you as a peer, rather than in the condescending manner we normally see. The only time I remember seeing his "public" form is at the end when there is mention of a reality show or some other nonsense. This comes across slightly on stage with Tool. The little he does talk, at least in my experience, is usually trying to make people think and ask questions. When I saw Puscifer last year, he talked considerably more than at a Tool show, and he talked to us as peers. It was really nice and one of the reasons that made that show so great. All the imagery, symbols, and ideas that they put into their music, only to repeatedly get asked the same, shallow questions must wear on a person in that situation.

Ryan
06-13-2012, 04:15 AM
If only Maynard would read this page.

chris
06-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Maynard discusses playing with Tool & Puscifer @ the same festival, etc. (http://www.citypages.com/2012-06-20/music/maynard-james-keenan-on-recruiting-dave-matthews-fans-and-getting-the-scissor-sisters-drunk/)
Is anyone else going to this?

edit: more Q & A (http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/2012/06/maynard_james_keenan_interview.php)

october_midnight
06-22-2012, 12:26 AM
After reading his interviews over the past three years, I'd be surprised if the next Tool record wasn't the last thing they ever released ever.

fillow
06-22-2012, 12:43 AM
^^
no, because after next Tool record there still will be The Pot video :)

ManBurning
06-22-2012, 12:53 AM
After reading his interviews over the past three years, I'd be surprised if the next Tool record wasn't the last thing they ever released ever.

If we EVER get it that is. But I agree with you, I could see it being their last record together as well. So if it ever comes out, I'm gonna treat it like it is their last record.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Weeell, it looks like I'm not gonna be able to make the Puscifer show in Arizona this Saturday after all. I thought I'd see if anyone here was interested in buying the tickets off me. I'm not worried about making all my money back, so...I guess $50, and both tickets are yours. They're row M, seats 21 and 22, so 13 rows back, center. All I'd have to do is call the venue and tell them to switch the tickets from my name to yours. I just want the tickets to go to someone who'll enjoy the show!

smokey_mcpot
06-27-2012, 04:56 PM
i gots my GA tix for tonights show... psyched!!

Ryan
06-27-2012, 05:59 PM
CP: Do you know if anyone else on the bill has any vineyard experience?
MK: Yeah, I don't know enough about who's on the bill to know. I've worked with Steven Drozd (http://www.citypages.com/related/to/Steven+Drozd), and I've toured with the Flaming Lips (http://www.citypages.com/related/to/The+Flaming+Lips) ... so I know they drink wine [laughs]. I don't know if they actually make any.

CP: Other bands on the bill include Coheed and Cambria (http://www.citypages.com/related/to/Coheed+and+Cambria). Maybe them? I don't know if they're wine types. Maybe Scissor Sisters (http://www.citypages.com/related/to/Scissor+Sisters)?

MK: I'll get those bitches drunk.

lol

Ryan
06-28-2012, 04:32 AM
Also, here's a clip from Bonnaroo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6A1whruRs0

Here's what I made out from the setlist.

- DoZo
- The Rapture
- The Weaver
- Potions
- Horizons
- Balls To The Wall (Accept cover)
- Conditions of my Parole
- Man Overboard
- Telling Ghosts
- The Undertaker

FYI

what was the setlist??

666cheme (http://www.youtube.com/user/666cheme) 2 weeks ago

01. Queen B 02. Vagina Mine 03. Dozo 04. Toma 05. The Rapture (Fear is a Mind Killa Mix) 06. The Weaver 07. Potions 08. Horizons 09. Balls to the Wall 10. Conditions of My Parole 11. Man Overboard 12. Telling Ghosts 13. The Undertaker

vapor9699 (http://www.youtube.com/user/vapor9699) in reply to 666cheme (http://www.youtube.com/user/666cheme) 2 weeks ago

Ryan
08-05-2012, 03:42 AM
1:14:28 mark - "My ex girlfriend had an A Perfect Circle tattoo and I always had to look at it," "---did you ever jizz on it?" "yeah, 'cause it was right on her butt, so..." Maynard: "...I'm not really comfortable with this conversation..."

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-AqQV1wp2Y

Goldfoot
08-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Yeah, that made me uncomfortable as well.

theruiner
08-05-2012, 10:33 AM
It seems like that whole thing would be one long uncomfortable conversation.

Ryan
08-06-2012, 03:07 AM
I watched the whole thing...

Harry Seaward
08-07-2012, 02:48 PM
@puscifer - Have some interesting news coming up today. @aperfectcircle @jefffriedl @mattmcjunkins @matmitchell @carinar http://instagr.am/p/OCew5UqKIB/

Piko
08-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Puscifer/APC tour and album. I can dream...

RJK
11-19-2012, 09:07 AM
New E.P. In February.
http://gunshyassassin.com/news/puscifer-releasing-ep-donkey-punch-the-night-in-february/

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-19-2012, 11:25 AM
And the award for best title for an EP goes to...

ManBurning
11-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Here is the tracklisting:

1. Bohemian Rhapsody (O.G. Mix)
2. Breathe
3. Dear Brother
4. Balls To The Wall (Pillow Fight Mix)
5. Breathe (Drumcell Rework)
6. Dear Brother (Denton Rework by Big Black Delta)
7. Balls To The Wall (Silent Servant’s El Guapo Mix)
8. Bohemian Rhapsody (Sonoio Rework)

aggroculture
11-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Of course I will buy it. I hope it's not a pile of shit.
Conditions of My Parole was such a disappointment.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
11-19-2012, 02:44 PM
There are a good number of songs that are great on Conditions, but there are more songs that I can just throw away and never listen to again.

Harry Seaward
11-19-2012, 04:56 PM
A studio release of the Queen cover? SONOIO? Big Black Delta?

Sign me right the fuck up.

PhoenixML
11-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Of course I will buy it. I hope it's not a pile of shit.
Conditions of My Parole was such a disappointment.

you didn't like it? you who I don't know at all, don't know your experience, your path in life, the people you've met, the choices you had to make, that define who you are today.

But I'm pretty sure if you don't like Conditions of my parole, you did everything wrong!

hahahaha, I'm kinding of course.

cahernandez
11-19-2012, 05:51 PM
But I'm pretty sure if you don't like Conditions of my parole, you did everything wrong!

I definitely agree with this. While I couldn't get behind the first LP, Conditions of my Parole was leaps and bounds better.

gerbil
11-19-2012, 05:57 PM
I definitely agree with this. While I couldn't get behind the first LP, Conditions of my Parole was leaps and bounds better.

Completely agree. Everything from "C is for..." on has been fantastic.

PQHooligan
11-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Small article, but here you go:

http://loudwire.com/maynard-james-keenan-goes-in-depth-about-upcoming-puscifer-ep-donkey-punch-the-night/

gerbil
11-23-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm absurdly excited to hear Bohemian Rhapsody.

RJK
11-23-2012, 09:59 PM
It won't be as good as when Billy played it with MJK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ikzaCelH7M&sns=em

SM Rollinger
11-24-2012, 09:09 PM
/\/\
thats badass, i had no ideaa that even happened. to bad it was associated with lame ass guitar hero, but cool never the less!

gerbil
11-25-2012, 08:18 AM
It won't be as good as when Billy played it with MJK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ikzaCelH7M&sns=em

Can't argue with that.

Harry Seaward
12-08-2012, 12:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Z0d3S.png

30 second samples, pre-order, and album artwork up on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Donkey-Punch-the-Night/dp/B00B2RYJMK). Go!

Space Suicide
12-08-2012, 01:21 AM
Ugh cannot wait.

JessicaSarahS
12-08-2012, 03:22 AM
30 second samples, pre-order, and album artwork up on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Donkey-Punch-the-Night/dp/B00AJMTVGI). Go!

I want it right now! :(

I know that Breathe remix will be my instant favorite. Sounds so yummy.

RJK
12-08-2012, 05:59 AM
That is the worst art work..... Ever. I guess that's the point.

I really like that Big Black Delta remix. I can't wait to hear the whole thing. I'm underwhelmed by the Bohemian Rhapsody cover. Maybe the whole thing will be better.