PDA

View Full Version : Puscifer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Tyson
04-18-2021, 09:55 PM
I’m gonna be petty and just say I enjoy Gunnar Olsen much more than Jeff Friedl. He feels a lot tighter and more present.

One thing I did kinda miss on ER was Friedl's drum compositions, but, I agree, Olsen is tighter.

Also, I'd enjoy a link as well, please.

richardp
04-18-2021, 11:43 PM
Been trying to find a link on my own all day to no success. Can someone please share a link with me? Thanks in advance!

SM Rollinger
04-19-2021, 06:30 AM
Got the latest round of links sent out.

gerbil
04-19-2021, 07:17 AM
One thing I did kinda miss on ER was Friedl's drum compositions, but, I agree, Olsen is tighter.

Also, I'd enjoy a link as well, please.

I don’t think Jeff did much of the compositions or performances on any of the albums. I’d have to go back and check but they’ve had guest drummers and programming since the beginning

Edit: I guess Jeff did do drumming on MoneyShot but it’s kinda unclear who did what since some overlap occurs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_Shot_(album)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fillow
04-19-2021, 07:31 AM
I don’t think Jeff did much of the compositions or performances on any of the albums. I’d have to go back and check but they’ve had guest drummers and programming since the beginning

Jeff did play some drums on Conditions, Money Shot, Donkey Punch and C is For..., but yes, they had multiple drummers on most releases (also Tim Alexander, Jon Theodore, Sarah Jones, Gil Sharone) in addition to drum programming. Pretty sure Jeff has been their permanent touring drummer since at least Conditions tour

cahernandez
04-19-2021, 08:24 AM
I was on the fence about purchasing a ticket to this since I also don't dig the visual aesthetic of Puscifer, but after reading the glowing reviews here I decided to pull the trigger (although I wish I would had gotten the early bird). This was fantastic, the vocal harmonizations are beautiful, and it made me re-appreciate this album (I did like it beforehand, but the live performance elevated it). If someone has the audio files for the separate track I would love to have those. Looking forward to a live stream of Conditions.

I wish they would had performed this album in a setting like Arcosanti. It seemed a bit claustrophobic in there, and the songs in Money Shot have a more majestic feel than those in Existential Reckoning (like Grand Canyon, or Autumn). The desert scenery fit more this album than Existential, IMO.

Reznor2112
04-19-2021, 09:33 AM
Would love a link if anyone is willing. Thanks in advance!

ldeaf2
04-19-2021, 11:44 AM
Can I also get a link please?

Thanks in advance. :)

The Doctor
04-19-2021, 02:34 PM
Late to the party, same request. Thank you kindly internet friends.

SM Rollinger
04-19-2021, 02:37 PM
Everyone good?

gerbil
04-19-2021, 02:48 PM
Everyone good?

The link I got never worked

sonic_discord
04-19-2021, 03:05 PM
I may just not be very familiar with mega.nz, but it's been transferring for 3 or 4 hours and looks like it's going to take another 45+ hours to finish.

SM Rollinger
04-19-2021, 03:29 PM
I may just not be very familiar with mega.nz, but it's been transferring for 3 or 4 hours and looks like it's going to take another 45+ hours to finish.

Could be all the traffic.

Can someone torrent this or host it elsewhere?

ldeaf2
04-19-2021, 05:09 PM
Yeah, it's gotta be the traffic. Mega is usually super fast.

Stimulus
04-19-2021, 08:39 PM
Would love a link if anyone has one, thanks!

erre
04-19-2021, 09:12 PM
would love the link, 420 listen for me tomorrow!! Thanks

Toadflax
04-19-2021, 09:42 PM
Thanks, SM Rollinger! I was able to get the link to work after some patience. If anyone is able to pull the source file of the show, please let me know!

sonic_discord
04-20-2021, 12:28 AM
Yes, thanks, SM Rollinger! I was also able to finally get it, as well.

Tyson
04-20-2021, 03:21 AM
Everyone good?

Missed me.

gerbil
04-20-2021, 05:11 AM
Could be all the traffic.

Can someone torrent this or host it elsewhere?

You were right, I got it.

SM Rollinger
04-20-2021, 05:42 AM
Missed me.
Pm sent.

Glad to help in some way, since I can't tape shows right now with my AUD gear.

sinspots
04-20-2021, 08:46 AM
Thanks very much SM Rollinger!

Toadflax
04-20-2021, 01:51 PM
Rewatching and just went from The Arsonist into The Remedy. Someone needs to make a playlist of every Tool/Puscifer/APC song where the lyrics are basically Maynard telling someone they're an idiot.

Anomaly_7
04-20-2021, 04:25 PM
Sorry, I'm late to the ask. SM Rollinger, could I please get a link to Money $hot Live? I absolutely love these livestreams and I'll gladly pay $20 everytime! Although Id much rather pay $50 and dance my ass off but we do what we can...

Thanks!
Sean

cahernandez
04-20-2021, 05:23 PM
Rewatching and just went from The Arsonist into The Remedy. Someone needs to make a playlist of every Tool/Puscifer/APC song where the lyrics are basically Maynard telling someone they're an idiot.

Hooker with a Penis, Disillusioned, TalkTalk?

Erneuert
04-20-2021, 05:29 PM
Hooker with a Penis, Disillusioned, TalkTalk?

Ænema, Jerk-Off, Intolerance, Crawl Away

fillow
04-20-2021, 05:35 PM
Ænema, Jerk-Off, Intolerance, Crawl Away
ticks & leeches, the undertaker

gerbil
04-20-2021, 05:37 PM
Smoke And Mirrors always struck me as just a long, personal call-out and always kinda made me wonder why the hell I should care. I have a new appreciation for it after this show, though.

I feel like one of the weirdest “call-out” songs is The Outsider. Maynard has explained it is actually about someone with a “walk it off” attitude criticizing someone going through a mental illness or whatever. Kinda weird.

virushopper
04-20-2021, 05:55 PM
Smoke And Mirrors always struck me as just a long, personal call-out and always kinda made me wonder why the hell I should care. I have a new appreciation for it after this show, though.

I'm rewatching it right now and I agree. I generally skip the track when it comes up on my phone.

This whole performance is well done and I agree with others that Gunner fits with Puscifer.

Can't wait to see the next two.

virushopper
04-21-2021, 12:59 AM
Found the following through Reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D24T3wG3aO4

Very interesting chat with Gunner about how he approached the new and old songs. Also info on how he got the gig too.

Fadeout54321
04-21-2021, 08:09 AM
Watched the Money Shot show last night and thought it was really good. However I feel really fucking stupid thanks to it. I own this album as a CD. I bought it and threw it on my SD card for my car to listen to with all my other music. I've listened to this album so many times and know it inside and out...or so I thought. Smoke and Mirrors ends and I'm expecting Life of Brian to come on next but oh no it wasn't, it was a song I never even knew existed, Flippant. It took me all of 5 second to find out that this was an iTunes exclusive track for this album. I have no idea how I missed out on it but while I do feel dumb not knowing of its existence until now it's kind of cool at the same time to have a new track to listen to.

The show was pretty cool. I liked the new opening for Simultaneous. Grand Canyon is a great song and what they did with the lighting as the song progressed towards the end was awesome. On that same visual tip I liked how during Autumn they were projecting the wrestling ring on the screen behind them, it almost looked as if it was part of the stage and that it was really behind them. I also love how Puscifer uses so many different vocalists, it sounds so cool when they are all playing off each other. Looking forward to Conditions next, I really hope they do follow through and do this with all of their albums.

gerbil
04-21-2021, 08:31 AM
Watched the Money Shot show last night and thought it was really good. However I feel really fucking stupid thanks to it. I own this album as a CD. I bought it and threw it on my SD card for my car to listen to with all my other music. I've listened to this album so many times and know it inside and out...or so I thought. Smoke and Mirrors ends and I'm expecting Life of Brian to come on next but oh no it wasn't, it was a song I never even knew existed, Flippant. It took me all of 5 second to find out that this was an iTunes exclusive track for this album. I have no idea how I missed out on it but while I do feel dumb not knowing of its existence until now it's kind of cool at the same time to have a new track to listen to.

The show was pretty cool. I liked the new opening for Simultaneous. Grand Canyon is a great song and what they did with the lighting as the song progressed towards the end was awesome. On that same visual tip I liked how during Autumn they were projecting the wrestling ring on the screen behind them, it almost looked as if it was part of the stage and that it was really behind them. I also love how Puscifer uses so many different vocalists, it sounds so cool when they are all playing off each other. Looking forward to Conditions next, I really hope they do follow through and do this with all of their albums.

Flippant always kinda felt like an unfinished track. The studio one has a much longer intro than the live version. Almost like Simultaneous does but without any sort of monologue. It has some vague echoey lyrics. One of them almost sounds like “You know he said ‘sorry’” and I’d love to know if that’s true because that just really would be a great lyric.

They did play the live version of Flippant on the MoneyShot tour, too.

cahernandez
04-21-2021, 08:59 AM
Flippant always kinda felt like an unfinished track. The studio one has a much longer intro than the live version. Almost like Simultaneous does but without any sort of monologue. It has some vague echoey lyrics. One of them almost sounds like “You know he said ‘sorry’” and I’d love to know if that’s true because that just really would be a great lyric.

They did play the live version of Flippant on the MoneyShot tour, too.

This was my first time listening to the live version of Flippant, and I thought it sounded really neat, much more aggresive, and yes, the shorter intro improves the song. It turns it into a banger.

Reznor2112
04-21-2021, 10:22 AM
Loved this one way better than the ER stream. Flippant was a nice treat.

Does anyone happen to have a link TO the ER stream? I never ended up saving a copy.

Side note: this is probably my favorite line-up for the band.

Kunstmord
04-22-2021, 04:07 PM
Could someone hit me up with a link? Would really appreciate it, thanks!

Anomaly_7
04-23-2021, 08:30 AM
If anyone has a DL link to Money $hot, I would greatly appreciate it! Ive loved both live streams so far...of course I would've loved to see them live once again but, you know, the Rona and all. Hope you're all healthy and safe/sane!
Sean

croope
04-25-2021, 12:42 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SnOPE4Ozz9O1YDAEMAhINYfQAtga1qNZ/view?usp=sharing

sonic_discord
04-25-2021, 02:34 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SnOPE4Ozz9O1YDAEMAhINYfQAtga1qNZ/view?usp=sharing

That's a pretty good first post. I was goona say "Welcome!," but I just noticed that you've been a member for quite some time.

croope
04-25-2021, 03:30 PM
That's a pretty good first post. I was goona say "Welcome!," but I just noticed that you've been a member for quite some time.

Yeah I've been lurking here for years... Since the year Zero days.
I really liked the Money $hot stream and wanted to share it with more people. I paid for both of the Puscifer live streams but I was slightly annoyed that there was no option to download and keep it. Its nice to rewatch things like this so I thought I'd record it and share it with you beautiful people!

Anomaly_7
04-26-2021, 09:28 AM

Thank you! I was also disappointed that we couldn't "buy" this or at least download to watch it over and over and...

valiantsteed
04-28-2021, 12:40 AM
Great news. Looks like more are on the way. ““I think we’re really just enjoying this one, doing the filming and being able to introduce characters, and develop those characters more fully. We’re definitely gonna do the ‘Vagina‘ album and ‘Conditions Of My Parole‘ at some point, for sure, ‘cos we’re really enjoying this process.”

https://www.theprp.com/2021/04/27/news/maynard-james-keenan-hopeful-for-more-puscifer-livestream-events/

sinspots
04-30-2021, 08:54 AM
https://www.kerrang.com/features/things-going-to-fall-into-a-place-we-hadnt-expected-maynard-james-keenan-on-puscifer-community-and-the-importance-of-whispering/

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

cahernandez
08-12-2021, 09:50 AM
Maynard posted a really touching tribute to his wife, it's her birthday today and he revealed that she's going through breast cancer treatment: https://twitter.com/mjkeenan/status/1425820252445634565

This guy had a rough year, twice infected with Covid, and now this. Check out his wine videos, it's amazing to see the passion he puts to this business (I used to brew beer at a commercial level, so I'm familiar with the effort behind a craft brewery, I'm sure the same applies to a winery.)

Erneuert
08-12-2021, 08:57 PM
Maynard posted a really touching tribute to his wife, it's her birthday today and he revealed that she's going through breast cancer treatment: https://twitter.com/mjkeenan/status/1425820252445634565

This guy had a rough year, twice infected with Covid, and now this. Check out his wine videos, it's amazing to see the passion he puts to this business (I used to brew beer at a commercial level, so I'm familiar with the effort behind a craft brewery, I'm sure the same applies to a winery.)

Hope she makes a full recovery. So her name is Jen. Is that the same person he was referring to when he changed the name in Breña live to “Lei-Li” or something like that?

fillow
08-13-2021, 12:50 AM
So her name is Jen. Is that the same person be was referring to when he changed the name in Breña live to “Lei-Li” or something like that?
It seems so. Searching twitter for that nickname Maynard put in a hashtag produces a few photos of her, going many years back, even though there's no actual profile with that name (or maybe it's private, I don't know how that works).
Also, yesterday's blabbermouth report referred to her as Jennifer Lei Li Keenan.

scotty79
08-13-2021, 06:02 AM
i thought lei-li was their daughter, i know in the song agostina he sings lei-li maria and i’m sure i’ve saw or read something about her before with that name attached, could be totally wrong and getting mixed up

gerbil
08-13-2021, 06:03 AM
i thought lei-li was their daughter, i know in the song agostina he sings lei-li maria and i’m sure i’ve saw or read something about her before with that name attached, could be totally wrong and getting mixed up

I believe he’s posted that that’s her name.

halo eighteen
08-13-2021, 06:41 AM

After some digging, Lei Li is both Maynard's daughter's name as well as his wife Jen's middle name. The Caduceus website refers to Jen as Lei Li, so she might even go by that instead of her first name. Being that Breña was originally about his then-fiance (which was her middle name, who also happens to have a first name of Jen), I would assume changing the line to Lei Li would be referring to his now-wife Jen, then.

yeah, I'm beyond confused now.

Erneuert
08-13-2021, 07:35 PM
After some digging, Lei Li is both Maynard's daughter's name as well as his wife Jen's middle name. The Caduceus website refers to Jen as Lei Li, so she might even go by that instead of her first name. Being that Breña was originally about his then-fiance (which was her middle name, who also happens to have a first name of Jen), I would assume changing the line to Lei Li would be referring to his now-wife Jen, then.

Two Jens in a row?! No wonder he called Mer De Noms what it is.

wampa
08-16-2021, 04:15 PM

Jen is his wife, who sometimes goes by Lei Li. Agostina is his daughter who has the middle name Lei Li.

Erneuert
08-18-2021, 06:35 AM
Jen is his wife, who sometimes goes by Lei Li. Agostina is his daughter who has the middle name Lei Li.

Every time I listen to Disillusioned I’m expecting “hello” after the “hey,” then I remembered the other day that that’s actually from Agostina. Such a pretty name.

halo eighteen
08-18-2021, 07:29 AM

www.instagram.com/p/rCweIeqKBD/ (http://www.instagram.com/p/rCweIeqKBD/)

He pretty clearly said his daughter's name is Lei Li Agostina Maria when she was born, but yeah there's definitely a lot of similar word play going on here lol. Lei Li and Agostina are both separate wine names from Caduceus as well; pretty sure I've got both of those cellared and should get into those at some point. The hubby and I have had a long standing tradition now of getting into a bottle of Judith every new year's.

wampa
08-18-2021, 08:14 AM
Every time I listen to Disillusioned I’m expecting “hello” after the “hey,” then I remembered the other day that that’s actually from Agostina. Such a pretty name.
Its a really great song!

RJK
09-14-2021, 02:10 PM
https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/14421

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/14414

Black Friday record store day releases

sinspots
09-14-2021, 03:59 PM

Black Friday record store day releasesThat is totally excellent. Except for the part about having to go to a store on Black Friday...

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Space Suicide
09-14-2021, 07:07 PM

Black Friday record store day releases

Getting these is gonna be so damn difficult.

Reznor2112
09-15-2021, 11:57 AM
I wouldn't mind that 7" but the Arcosanti live stream wasn't separated enough from the album versions of the songs to warrant that purchase for me. I'd rather have a blu-ray of the stream but.. beggars <> choosers.

wampa
09-15-2021, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't mind that 7" but the live stream was separated enough from the album versions of the songs to warrant that purchase for me. I'd rather have a blu-ray of the stream but.. beggars <> choosers.
same. that livestream was pretty great! wasn't sad I skipped the Arcosanti livestream, ER is a pretty weak album IMO.

sinspots
10-08-2021, 02:54 PM
MJK's dog Miho died. In his Instagram post about it, MJK says Singularity off E.R. was written for Miho (almost lost Miho in 2019). Also the post references lots of appearances by Miho in various albums, including "E.R. ReWire." So, I'm assuming that's a remix album.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUvVhI4pE2x/?utm_medium=copy_link

gerbil
10-21-2021, 12:36 PM
This is pretty exciting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVTJfmYD2JE/?utm_medium=copy_link

wampa
10-21-2021, 01:00 PM
This is pretty exciting.

Literally was listening to CoMP on my way back to work. That's exciting news!

sonic_discord
10-21-2021, 01:38 PM
This is pretty exciting.

I saw lyrics for Tiny Monsters. What does this mean? It doesn't look like they're recording another live full-album concert like what they did for Money Shot and Existential Reckoning.

gerbil
10-21-2021, 02:12 PM
I saw lyrics for Tiny Monsters. What does this mean? It doesn't look like they're recording another live full-album concert like what they did for Money Shot and Existential Reckoning.

I would guess it’s a rehearsal

cahernandez
10-22-2021, 06:04 AM
The drums are from Toma, right?

gerbil
10-22-2021, 07:30 AM
The drums are from Toma, right?

Correct

sinspots
10-25-2021, 11:20 AM
Horizons.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVdTIZ_JzrM/?utm_medium=copy_link

sonic_discord
10-25-2021, 04:25 PM
Maybe I was wrong and they are doing another livestream concert, this time for Conditions of My Parole. Their recent posts all revolve around that album and Maynard did she he would like to do more of them. It just looked like they were in the studio and gerbil's guess about it being rehearsals for a tour seemed plausible, but since Tool is about to launch a tour, it's probably too early for them to be rehearsing for a tour.

gerbil
10-28-2021, 12:14 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211028/f836102cfaf75a7d58e68f2db0bd6114.jpg

Super excited about this. It looks like there will be a premium cost for the stuff. But it’s, like, $5.99 USD which isn’t bad at all.

Especially if they are gonna add stuff over time.

Edit: And, yes, I do have an alert for Puscifer posts on Insta and Twitter

RJK
10-28-2021, 01:26 PM
$5.99 to Rent
$15.99 to own

fillow
10-28-2021, 01:49 PM
Here's hoping they filmed some gigs early on, in the V era (non-country ones).

gerbil
10-28-2021, 06:05 PM
The Puscifer account clarified that the 8-Ball footage is the mockumentary from the beginning of What Is…

Which is still pretty cool

sinspots
11-03-2021, 11:22 AM
Nov 12th. One hour MJK thing. $3.99. This seems to be in connection with the book, so it's not clear to me if this is new or something that aired previously.
https://puscifer.com/puscifertv/a-curmudgeons-guide/

RJK
11-03-2021, 11:46 AM
Nov 12th. One hour MJK thing. $3.99. This seems to be in connection with the book, so it's not clear to me if this is new or something that aired previously.
https://puscifer.com/puscifertv/a-curmudgeons-guide/

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk$12.99 to own.

Seems to be recorded from his book tour from 2016

Edit: it's from 11.11.2016 in NYC

gerbil
11-12-2021, 05:07 AM
!!

The soundtracks to the live shows have been added to Apple Music, Spotify, etc. totally awesome.

fillow
11-16-2021, 02:01 AM
Maynard spoiled on CoS interview that two more concert videos are being worked on, one featuring Major Douche sketch. So I guess Vagina full performance is also coming after Conditions?

fillow
11-21-2021, 12:45 PM
Some cool shit from P's current drummer Gunnar Olsen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8fj6nRptcg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnEqnvz7Qkc

PhoenixML
11-21-2021, 09:37 PM
I rarely "notice" the drummers. Like, 99.99% they do their jobs. I could never care for Jeff Friedl, I don't know why. But there's something about Gunnar that I really like, maybe his nuance in style! Him and Ilan Rubin. Of all the NIN drummer, Ilan is the one that caught my attention.

sinspots
01-11-2022, 01:08 PM
Puscifer (and Tool) at Bonnaroo. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220111/4b6e5d3659d3c530d2edbc613da36901.jpg

sinspots
02-08-2022, 01:35 PM
A thread on Reddit and also FB is reporting evidence of a Puscifer concert scheduled in Brooklyn, NY, Kings Theater, June 25th. A screenshot shows Ticketmaster had it listed but it's now removed. So, it seems a tour announcement should be anytime.

sonic_discord
02-08-2022, 01:47 PM
Concerts are coming out of the woodwork lately. I wonder if they'll come to MN at all. It would also be nice if they were in Portland, OR around the 3rd week of June...

sinspots
02-08-2022, 02:01 PM
Concerts are coming out of the woodwork lately. I wonder if they'll come to MN at all. It would also be nice if they were in Portland, OR around the 3rd week of June...Really hoping for MN or a few Midwest shows. Having just bought tickets for NIN to Red Rocks and the Oregon shows, I definitely have to rein in traveling costs.

SM Rollinger
02-08-2022, 03:33 PM
Concerts are coming out of the woodwork lately. I wonder if they'll come to MN at all. It would also be nice if they were in Portland, OR around the 3rd week of June...

Hopefully they announce something close by, Omaha/Lincoln would be fine too.

sinspots
02-11-2022, 12:45 PM
Puscifer updated the tour page of it's website sometime in the last day or two. It only lists the one festival for now but before it said no shows. So it looks like they've prepped for updating the site for more dates.

sinspots
02-13-2022, 10:53 AM
Per Instagram, it's coming soon!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220213/463686107da558c1ed118707334d9ca1.jpg

Space Suicide
02-13-2022, 12:36 PM
Per Instagram, it's coming soon!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220213/463686107da558c1ed118707334d9ca1.jpg

Remix album of Existential Reckoning in my opinion.

RJK
02-13-2022, 04:41 PM
Maynard made a comment on his Instagram picture that made it sound like it was a tour announcement.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Tyson
02-13-2022, 11:35 PM
I wonder what's gonna happen RE: that 2020 Australian leg of the ER tour that got canceled.

october_midnight
02-14-2022, 08:49 AM
https://twitter.com/mjkeenan/status/1493235162452140040

Volk
02-14-2022, 10:39 AM
Here's hoping tickets aren't $300.

october_midnight
02-15-2022, 09:06 AM
Tour announced, Moodie Black supporting. Go to like 2:40 to see the dates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0A0av6bc8c

Article with links, poster, ticket dates, etc. (https://consequence.net/2022/02/puscifer-2022-us-tour/)

sinspots
02-15-2022, 09:50 AM
Dates in the photos.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220215/d328fa6d5f606dae03139e869e0160e1.jpg

sinspots
02-15-2022, 10:28 AM
Some have presales starting tomorrow. Some presales start Thursday. No info on codes.

Per etix for Omaha concert:
TICKET PRICES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
GENERAL ADMISSION: $59.50
PREMIERE BALCONY: $99.00
UPGRADE PACKAGE: $750.00
GREY PACKAGE: $300.00

An AXS concert describes the UPGrade package and a Grey Package as:

UPGrade Package
Special offers and exclusive packages from the artist.
Puscifer - UPGrade Package
-One front row ticket located in the loge*
-Priority early entry into the venue
-Collectible Puscifer aluminum briefcase with custom travel tag (exclusive to UPGrade package only)
-Limited edition Existential Reckoning double LP vinyl picture disc
-Specially designed Pusciforce tour shirt
-Collectible Puscifer tour poster autographed by the band
-CD and Blu-Ray of Puscifer Existential Reckoning Live at Arcosanti
-Exclusive Puscifer VIP merchandise item
-UPGrade laminate
-Early access to the tour merchandise stand
-On-site host
-Limited availability

*Please note: the reserved seat is located in the front row of the balcony

A different venue has the UpGrade showing as:
-One general admission ticket
+ the rest of above
(**And Grey Area says the same as to GA ticket and early entry). For when there is no difference in ticket location, I think I should be able to buy one Upgrade for the briefcase, and then get the spouse a Grey Area (or even a regular GA).

Grey Area Package
Special offers and exclusive packages from the artist.
Puscifer - Grey Area Package
-Grey Area laminate
-On-site host
-Limited availability

Toadflax
02-15-2022, 12:20 PM
GREY PACKAGE: $300.00

Puscifer - Grey Area Package
-Grey Area laminate
-On-site host
-Limited availability

I'm hoping the shirt says "I paid $300 and all I got was this lousy GA ticket."

Volk
02-15-2022, 04:21 PM
For $750 UPGrade package, do I get to motorboat Carina Round??
Hopefully I can get good sets for Philly without paying triple face value.

Volk
02-16-2022, 05:29 PM
Scored presale tix today for Philly. Only $60 for about 5 or 6 rows back on the aisle.

SM Rollinger
02-16-2022, 06:23 PM
Looks like there "might" be a presale for Omaha tomorrow?

sonic_discord
02-16-2022, 09:56 PM
I know there's one for Minneapolis. I got the code in an email yesterday (it's "EXISTENTIAL22").

SM Rollinger
02-17-2022, 10:02 AM
RIVER is the code for Omaha's presale.

In and out in less than a minute, this is how it should be.

cahernandez
02-17-2022, 10:07 AM
RIVER is the code for Omaha's presale.

In and out in less than a minute, this is how it should be.

That's how it should be, but sadly I think this is because Puscifer does not have as much demand as NIN. Ticket prices of Puscifer vs NIN should give you an indication of that, plus the ease with which you got tickets. If it was Tool we'd be also seeing a shitshow presale. Enjoy the show! Should be a blast.

Mr. Blaileen
02-17-2022, 10:29 AM
Got my Chicago ticket. Lucky for me, 3/4 of the concerts I have tickets for this year are for Saturday shows.

Volk
02-18-2022, 06:12 AM
Was anyone familiar with the opener, Moodie Black before this?
Looks pretty fucking sick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2s_ZtYd4qE

Toadflax
02-18-2022, 10:12 AM
Did any one spring for one of the VIP packages for the Greek? If so, can you share how you were actually able to purchase them? I unlocked the presale yesterday but couldn’t actually see the option for a VIP ticket. Maybe they were just sold out, but I wanted to see if I was missing something before trying again this morning. Thanks!

p_rez17
02-18-2022, 10:17 AM
If anyone is looking for tickets to Chicago, I have two I am looking to sell for face+fees. Main Floor, 4L (center), Row H. Bought them before coordinating with the SO, so we have these extra.

virushopper
02-18-2022, 10:40 AM
Did any one spring for one of the VIP packages for the Greek? If so, can you share how you were actually able to purchase them? I unlocked the presale yesterday but couldn’t actually see the option for a VIP ticket. Maybe they were just sold out, but I wanted to see if I was missing something before trying again this morning. Thanks!
No but I did see the option when I was purchasing via presale.

BRoswell
03-04-2022, 07:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yQS204RJjY

wampa
03-04-2022, 08:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yQS204RJjY
pretty good interview, honestly. i love that cross gave him some shit, and talked about things in a way that were relatable to MJK. he made it easy for MJK to talk, which isn't easy to get him to do.

sonic_discord
03-04-2022, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I watched that on Wednesday (probably should have posted the link here) and it was a great interview! Both of these guys are really interesting people and David got some good answers out of Maynard. They need to get people that Maynard likes and respects to conduct interviews more often.

sinspots
03-14-2022, 11:55 AM
Interview with Mat Mitchell. https://www.guitarworld.com/features/puscifier-mat-mitchell-existential-reckoning-live

NotoriousTIMP
04-12-2022, 08:32 PM
So I bought tickets for the Boston show and I can no longer attend. Rather than deal with the hassle of selling my tickets, I’d like to give them up to someone on here. Is anyone looking for tickets for the Boston show?

Toadflax
04-13-2022, 08:10 AM
I'm also looking to offload tickets to the LA show. Middle area, decent seats. PM if interested.

sinspots
05-14-2022, 01:01 AM
I'm going to 4 Puscifer concerts in July. I *need* to get a setlist. Can anyone who's been to one give me any tips, please please. I'm worried that maybe trying to get one will be different at a Puscifer concert (than NIN and Tool). Not sure why I think that. Just a feeling

RJK
05-14-2022, 05:48 PM
I'm going to 4 Puscifer concerts in July. I *need* to get a setlist. Can anyone who's been to one give me any tips, please please. I'm worried that maybe trying to get one will be different at a Puscifer concert (than NIN and Tool). Not sure why I think that. Just a feeling

Sent from my moto g power using TapatalkI would say that maybe the easiest way would be to ask the sound guy after the show

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Erneuert
05-16-2022, 06:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCD45lF6khQ (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lCD45lF6khQ)

think i'm a fire engine
05-23-2022, 10:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCD45lF6khQ (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lCD45lF6khQ)

TIL Carina Round and Greg Edwards are married and have a toddler.

No wonder he ended up playing on Existential Reckoning.

JessicaSarahS
05-27-2022, 03:31 AM
Anyone going to the Vegas show?

VampVertigo
05-29-2022, 01:56 AM
Anyone going to the Vegas show?

Seeing them in Vegas would be nice. I'll be seeing Steely Dan in Atlanta with my Dad and my boys on 14th and flying out on 15th...:( and seeing Puscifer here in Austin on the 15th :D. Not going to let them come through and not see them again!!!!

Reznor2112
06-03-2022, 08:39 AM
TIL Carina Round and Greg Edwards are married and have a toddler.

No wonder he ended up playing on Existential Reckoning.

Goes a bit further back then that. MJK is a big fan of Failure (Greg's band). APC covered their song "A Nurse Who Loved Me". Troy Van Leeuwen (who played on Mer De Noms) had a stint in Failure. Greg also toured with APC in 2018 when James had SP obligations. But yes...his marriage with Carina plays a factor (not sarcasm).

JessicaSarahS
06-08-2022, 01:26 PM
Seeing them in Vegas would be nice. I'll be seeing Steely Dan in Atlanta with my Dad and my boys on 14th and flying out on 15th...:( and seeing Puscifer here in Austin on the 15th :D. Not going to let them come through and not see them again!!!!

That’s awesome! I wish they were playing closer to me, but it’ll be nice to get a mini-vacation in. I could really use the distraction!

Toadflax
06-12-2022, 02:32 PM
I have an extra ticket for the Greek tonight if anyone's interested!

Volk
06-14-2022, 03:41 PM
I'm so ready to see them in Philly. I'm also disappointed in what they've done with the merch. Only 150 "limited" posters at each venue, which typically holds 5000 or so people. They didn't even do a general tour poster. I'd usually pick up a poster when I saw Puscifer, but I guess I'll just go fuck myself instead.

RJK
06-14-2022, 05:11 PM
I'm so ready to see them in Philly. I'm also disappointed in what they've done with the merch. Only 150 "limited" posters at each venue, which typically holds 5000 or so people. They didn't even do a general tour poster. I'd usually pick up a poster when I saw Puscifer, but I guess I'll just go fuck myself instead.I know last tour they got stuck with a ton of extra posters so I assume that's why they cut the editions down

Volk
06-24-2022, 06:55 AM
Does anyone know what time the acts come on stage during these shows? Seeing them tonight in Philly and doors are at 6:30.

Toadflax
06-24-2022, 10:05 AM
Does anyone know what time the acts come on stage during these shows? Seeing them tonight in Philly and doors are at 6:30.

The listed event time is 8pm, so that's when you should expect the opener to come on. At the Greek, Moodie Black actually started 10 minutes before the event start time, but I expect that had to do with Billy Howerdel also being on the bill and making sure they had enough time to be done by 11 (the Greek is an outdoor amphitheater with noise curfew rules).

TinDefacto
06-29-2022, 02:01 AM
Just saw them in Boston tonight -- thanks NotoriousTIMP for the tickets!

I will say, though Existential Reckoning has grown on me, it's still nowhere near as good as any of their prior work, and (spoiler for those who are planning on seeing them this tour) I was not expecting them to play literally the entire album with only a few songs from their other records sprinkled in. And of those other songs, the reworked versions of two of them just lacked all of the magic of the originals. I was also not expecting it to lean so heavily on a backing track to the extent that sometimes it didn't feel that live.

That all said, I still really did enjoy the show, and it was a lot of fun to take a friend who had no idea what to expect. Their shows are always very entertaining, and this was no exception! They just seem to have fallen very far from their heyday in my estimation.

Oh, also! Continuing the trend, Maynard (er, sorry, Billy D) mentioned that the band has already recorded live in-studio performances for Conditions of My Parole and "V" Is for Vagina that will be released this fall the same way Live at Arcosanti and Billy D and the Hall of Feathered Serpents were. So that's something to look forward to!

sonic_discord
06-29-2022, 09:42 PM
They just seem to have fallen very far from their heyday in my estimation.

I'm curious what you consider to be their heyday. I ask because I think I've liked every album more than the one that preceded it. I've been a fan since Rev 22:20 was their only song (from the Underworld soundtrack) and as much as I LOVE that song, the version they decided to put on V is for Vagina is FAR inferior. Same goes for The Undertaker – the original version from the Underworld: Evolution soundtrack is so much better than the one on the album. If they had used the original versions of those songs on the album, I would have liked it a LOT more. At least it still has Momma Sed, which is a masterpiece!

Erneuert
06-29-2022, 10:05 PM
I'm curious what you consider to be their heyday. I ask because I think I've liked every album more than the one that preceded it. I've been a fan since Rev 22:20 was their only song (from the Underworld soundtrack) and as much as I LOVE that song, the version they decided to put on V is for Vagina is FAR inferior. Same goes for The Undertaker – the original version from the Underworld: Evolution soundtrack is so much better than the one on the album. If they had used the original versions of those songs on the album, I would have liked it a LOT more. At least it still has Momma Sed, which is a masterpiece!

The Undertaker is Danny Lohner’s fault. Everything he remixes turns to gold.

The Outsider (Apocalypse Mix)
Denial Waits by Ashes Divide
The duet of Bring Me The Disco King with Bowie and Maynard, etc

sonic_discord
06-29-2022, 11:22 PM
The Undertaker is Danny Lohner’s fault. Everything he remixes turns to gold.

The Outsider (Apocalypse Mix)
Denial Waits by Ashes Divide
The duet of Bring Me The Disco King with Bowie and Maynard, etc

I love, love, LOOOOVE that version of Bring me the Disco King. THAT song is a true masterpiece! I guess you're right that the version of The Undertaker (the Renholdër mix) from the Underworld: Evolution soundtrack was always designated as a remix, but the remix of Rev 22:20 that was used on the album (originally known as the "Dry Martini Mix") seems to have been retconned to be the "original" version, which wasn't the case.

It's just that every time I listen to V is for Vagina, I wish the versions of Rev 22:20 and The Undertaker that I grew to love first were the ones on the album and that always detracts from my experience with V for Vagina (and always will). At least there's always the Shoot the Messenger EP.

cahernandez
06-29-2022, 11:58 PM

To me their heyday is Conditions of My Parole, then there was a drop in quality with Money $hot, but it still is super enjoyable, the live version slays. Existential Reckoning left me cold, I tried to give it a chance but nothing stands out, it’s too monotone.

sonic_discord
06-30-2022, 01:46 AM
To me their heyday is Conditions of My Parole, then there was a drop in quality with Money $hot, but it still is super enjoyable, the live version slays. Existential Reckoning left me cold, I tried to give it a chance but nothing stands out, it’s too monotone.

This is interesting because Money $hot and Existential Reckoning are my personal favorites. I've been feeling like this band has really come into its own on the last couple of albums. What started as a joke skit on Mr. Show has turned into a real band with a lot of personality. They're still silly and ridiculous, but can also be very serious, atmospheric, and moody at times. I can understand how some of Existential Reckoning could be perceived as monotone, though. I didn't love it immediately, either; I think it took a few listens for it to click with me. I've really appreciated the depth they've gained on the last two records. To be fair, that depth started with Conditions of my Parole, it just took longer for me to connect with that album for some reason. Once I did, I found it to be a more enjoyable listening experience than their debut.

I could change my mind next week, but as of right now, I think I'd rank them as such:
Money $hot > Existential Reckoning > Conditions of My Parole > V for Vagina
[honorable mention: C is for (Please Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference Here)]

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing them in St. Paul on Sunday!

TinDefacto
06-30-2022, 02:19 AM
Ooh! As a fellow longtime fan since the original REV 22:20, I guess I'd consider their heyday to be from the Don't Shoot The Messenger EP through Conditions of My Parole. Almost everything in there, remixes aside, is pure gold (though I agree that the "Dry Martini' mix of REV 22:20 doesn't hold a candle to the original). "V" Is for Vagina, "C" Is for..., and Conditions of My Parole are some of my favorite collections of music ever. Donkey Punch the Night was a bit of a drop-off, and Money Shot even more so, though both still very enjoyable. But yeah, I agree with @cahernandez (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=446) about Existential Reckoning leaving me cold upon the first many listens. I've grown to enjoy most of it now, as I said, but it definitely feels significantly less masterful and creative than their previous work (as subjective/nebulous as such a claim is). The timbres just feel more tinny and repetitive, the composition uninteresting, etc., whereas I feel like they used to be much more experimental and inspired.

But that's just me! I'm glad you've been enjoying them more and more. :) Enjoy the show!!

Toadflax
06-30-2022, 11:26 AM
Interesting takes above! Fascinating that there are so many different opinions about an artist with a relatively small discography. My two cents:

I enjoyed the first EP/album, but it definitely felt like MJK hadn't figured out what Puscifer was yet. Is it a joke? Is it real, thoughtful, quality music? Yes?

Then with C Is For (particularly The Humbling River) and Conditions, I had the epiphany moment, where I was like, oh shit, I might like this band as much as APC & Tool.

And then Money Shot and Existential Reckoning confirmed that for me. They weren't wildly different, but I think that's a good thing. With those two releases and Mat and Carina becoming full members of the band, it felt like Puscifer had really found its identity and become something I knew I was a huge fan of.

That said, I'm glad we can all be respectful of each other's opinions. I like it here. :)

cahernandez
06-30-2022, 11:51 AM
After all this discussion I decided to listen to Existential Reckoning once more, this time with good headphones. I still find it subpar, but the headphones show a lot of nuances in the music, it is a very well produced record. To those going to a concert enjoy it, they're not coming near my area this time around. Here's hoping I can catch them next tour, my wife started getting into them. Really looking forward to the live version of Conditions of My Parole.

fortysixand2
07-02-2022, 10:58 AM
I've got 2 tickets available for the show tonight in Chicago. Loge 4 Row CC. Face value.

sinspots
07-05-2022, 11:11 PM
I got page 2 of the setlist!!!!! In Omaha!! Spoiler below
*https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220706/5b19ba12395f16bbc2ab8f09d940cf58.jpg

Sarah K
07-06-2022, 11:01 AM
Happy you had better luck there! ��

sinspots
07-10-2022, 02:10 AM
Happy you had better luck there! ��Thanks!! People in Omaha were great but nothing can compare to the wonderful and generous people we stood by in St. Paul! [emoji6] And...I also got lucky with page #2 in Portland!
Spoilers below.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220710/17b06d02e8c52413cd18947250d9ddac.jpg

Mr. Blaileen
07-10-2022, 06:28 PM
Saw Puscifer in Chicago last weekend. The show was great. Didn't care for the opener, but Puscifer killed it. Would have loved a few more tracks from the older albums, but practically all of the material was stuff I hadn't seen live yet, so I can't complain much. Managed to get a poster at the show. The band sounded tight, everyone was energetic, and the theater itself sounded great/looked awesome. Cool crowd, except for the VIP douches entering the merch line several times to circumvent the 'one poster per person' thing.
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/50MAAOSwUaBiwlwY/s-l500.jpg

Erneuert
07-11-2022, 12:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_i03VK1uvQ (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B_i03VK1uvQ)

Mr. Blaileen
07-12-2022, 09:51 AM
Puscifer fall 2022 tour dates:
October 13 San Francisco, CA The Warfield
October 15 Reno, NV Grand Theatre at the Grand Sierra Resort
October 16 Paso Robles, CA Vina Robles Amphitheatre
October 18 Escondido, CA California Center for Arts Escondido – Concert Hall
October 20 Tucson, AZ The Linda Ronstadt Music Hall (formerly Tucson Music Hall)
October 21 El Paso, TX Abraham Chavez Theatre
October 22 San Antonio, TX Tech Port Center & Arena
October 25 Houston, TX 713 Music Hall
October 26 Ft. Worth, TX Will Rogers Memorial Auditorium
October 28 New Orleans, LA Mahalia Jackson Theater
October 29 Baton Rouge, LA River Center Theatre
October 31 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
November 1 Charlotte, NC Ovens Auditorium
November 3 Norfolk, VA Chrysler Hall
November 4 Washington, DC Warner Theatre
November 5 Atlantic City, NJ Sound Waves at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
November 7 Montreal, QC MTelus
November 8 Toronto, ON Queen Elizabeth Theatre
November 10 Cincinnati, OH The Andrew J. Brady Music Center
November 11 Louisville, KY Louisville Palace
November 12 Indianapolis, IN Murat Theatre at Old National Centre
November 13 Madison, WI The Orpheum Theater
November 15 Grand Rapids, MI DeVos Performance Hall
November 17 St. Louis, MO The Factory
November 18 Kansas City, MO The Midland Theatre
November 19 Tulsa, OK Tulsa Theater
November 22 Prescott, AZ Yavapai College Performing Arts Center

Mr. Blaileen
07-12-2022, 12:57 PM
I finally get a show in Madison...and I'll be in Europe at the time.

*grumble grumble grumble*

Erneuert
07-13-2022, 12:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na3Vp4FqAqQ (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Na3Vp4FqAqQ)

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-14-2022, 10:35 AM
Presale tickets are up now for the Kansas City show, promo code "MIDLAND."

I feel safe posting that now that I have my ticket. CAN'T WAIT.

armogi
07-14-2022, 01:18 PM
ah fuck it, i'll go too, haven't seen them since the first tour, not a big fan but it should be entertaining anyhow.

sinspots
08-03-2022, 05:36 PM
I am excited to be going to Indianapolis on Nov. 12, and Madison on Nov. 13. I bought tickets the day they went on sale (so before the VetsAid concert was known). Both Puscifer and NIN playing on my birthday, what an odd year! I was lucky to go to 4 the last leg of the tour but did not post much for comments (other than my excitement over getting lucky for setlists). Spoiler ahead for anyone who's interested.

These 4 concerts were my first time seeing Puscifer live. Two were GA (so I was front center or near center rail). Thankfully no night before line standers like with some NIN concerts. Typically did not see anyone until after noon or 1pm and only a couple or few until maybe 2 or 3 pm. Similar merch nonsense like the Tool shows (foils/signed posters had people early in line, etc.). For the 2 seated concerts (Seattle/Portland), the lines were already getting long by 4:30 - 5pm or so. Even though I had VIP, I missed out on the foil at Seattle (that was my latest arrival time).

MJK looks like he is having a blast on stage so that was great. Him and Carina just look like they have a lot of fun. The several videos were great. Spam was amusing and being up front I got to see little Billy D with his phone out and then taken away by security. The video before the finale was interesting in that MJK discussed how he was the result of an alien cloning gone wrong (he "grew a d!ck but became one too").

The song that got me into Puscifer (also for me this is pre-Tool fandom), was Humbling River. I did not love the remix of that, but it was still really nice to see that performed. Loved the energy and fun they were having in Apocalyptical and Remedy. After intermission, the Dick Merkin parts were great. Loved Bullet Train, looking for Makers Mark, and the probing.

Overall, Upgrade was one of my favorites. MJK stood very close to the front of the stage for this one. What really got me the most was that I noticed I could hear him singing (duh!...bare with me)...not through the mic. Almost like a stereo sound (for lack of a better description) of his own voice not through the mic/speakers plus what was coming over the speakers. In thinking about this since, I assume I've also noticed this for Trent (being on rail and very close to him multiple times) but for some reason I don't think I've ever consciously thought about it. Anyways, MJK sounded just so fantastic especially when I was consciously noticing that. It's hard to put into words how great he sounded. Looking very forward to that again in November!

virushopper
08-22-2022, 08:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P8UZ8cp5co

Erneuert
08-23-2022, 12:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P8UZ8cp5co

lol at Maynard saying Trent stole a whole bunch of shit on The Fragile, and Maynard stole Trent’s stolen shit.

”Trent… don’t watch this video.”

sinspots
09-07-2022, 02:56 PM
ER Rewired out Dec. 9. Limited edition preorder. Trent reimagined Apocalyptical.

https://twitter.com/puscifer/status/1567601631877042176?t=GXBuY0KS458IneLPYmOBiQ&s=19

cahernandez
09-07-2022, 10:37 PM
ER Rewired out Dec. 9. Limited edition preorder. Trent reimagined Apocalyptical.

https://twitter.com/puscifer/status/1567601631877042176?t=GXBuY0KS458IneLPYmOBiQ&s=19

I wasn't that fan of Existential Reckoning, but I may get this one, based on the remixers. Although $70 is a bit rich for just a vinyl (and a worthless NFT), I will wait for the normal variant.

cdm
09-08-2022, 09:50 AM
On one hand the concept of low-qty blind bag vinyl variants is kind of exciting in a golden ticket sort of way but on the other certainly not at $70 + ship...and NFT? <wet fart>

Space Suicide
09-08-2022, 10:20 AM
I wasn't that fan of Existential Reckoning, but I may get this one, based on the remixers. Although $70 is a bit rich for just a vinyl (and a worthless NFT), I will wait for the normal variant.

Instagram post comment replied to a fan saying that news for a standard release will be available with no NFT soon.

cahernandez
09-08-2022, 10:40 AM
Instagram post comment replied to a fan saying that news for a standard release will be available with no NFT soon.

I just checked the Revolver website, this limited edition is sold out. As long as there's people willing to pay for crap like this (NFTs), the market will be there (sigh...). By the way, I got a ticket for the San Francisco stop of the tour. I was hesitant on buying a ticket for the show because it's mostly Existential Reckoning songs, but the other day while driving around I was listening to it, and said to myself "I can't miss the chance of listening to Carina harmonizing with Manyard". Maybe the songs aren't that great for me, but the vocal harmonies are still top notch, and the band plays really tight. It'll be a good show. Does anyone know if while touring, Maynard/Caduceus Cellars do some kind of wine tasting the day of the show? I haven't tasted their wine yet and would love to try it.

Edit: I just checked Caduceus IG, they did tasting take overs at local bars before a show last tour, here's hoping they do that this time around!

botley
09-08-2022, 11:21 AM
Well, good. I dislike that bands and artists (and their minders) whose work I ordinarily would support are drifting into this blockchain garbage.

Zimbo
09-09-2022, 03:18 PM
Well, good. I dislike that bands and artists (and their minders) whose work I ordinarily would support are drifting into this blockchain garbage.

I was surprised that they did it. Made me sad.

EDIT:

I finally get a show in Madison...and I'll be in Europe at the time.

*grumble grumble grumble*

I will be there in spirit for you!

Callahan
09-13-2022, 09:25 AM
I was surprised that they did it. Made me sad.

EDIT:

I will be there in spirit for you!

Not surprised they did it at all! Maynard is merchandising junkie when it comes to Puscifer products, check out their online store. Dog toys, bookmarks, soap, lip balm, lighter, pencils, pencil sharpener, dish towels, cookie cutter, napkin set, etc! An NFT is the least surprising thing to me.

Callahan
09-14-2022, 10:29 AM
re-release of the Existential Reckoning vinyl - brand new with NFT

Revolver Icons | Existential Reckoning Limited Edition 2LP Vinyl + NFT 01 NFT (revolvermag.com) (https://nft.revolvermag.com/moment/existentialreckoninglimitededitionvinylnft01)

PhoenixML
09-21-2022, 12:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKN0YDhEXAg

ALRIGHT!!!! Oh I can't wait to finally hear "V is for" reworked and recorded!!!

TinDefacto
09-21-2022, 02:52 PM
So excited for both of these! Not a video person myself, but apparently CD, vinyl, and streaming versions will be out on November 11.

sinspots
10-05-2022, 09:16 AM
From Puscifer's Facebook:

Coming out to one of the upcoming tour dates? We're making the evening extra special by creating a unique vinyl variant of Existential Reckoning for every single show. Each of the 27 shows has its own color variant and custom sticker, and even better they'll be signed by the band. Limited to 50 copies (yes, 50!) per show, they'll be first come, first serve at the merch booth and there will be a limit of one per person.

Erneuert
10-05-2022, 05:12 PM
From Puscifer's Facebook:

Coming out to one of the upcoming tour dates? We're making the evening extra special by creating a unique vinyl variant of Existential Reckoning for every single show. Each of the 27 shows has its own color variant and custom sticker, and even better they'll be signed by the band. Limited to 50 copies (yes, 50!) per show, they'll be first come, first serve at the merch booth and there will be a limit of one per person.

A completist's nightmare.

Reznor2112
10-06-2022, 07:49 AM
A completist's nightmare.

cue the Hooker with a Penis jabs

but for real this is insane...ON TOP of the already ridiculous Revolver NFT variant garbage. If anything, the variant game is going to be the eventual demise of the vinyl surge.

cahernandez
10-07-2022, 09:55 AM
So excited for both of these! Not a video person myself, but apparently CD, vinyl, and streaming versions will be out on November 11.

I just got the Parole Violator vinyl, $50 with shipping. The V is for Versatile vinyl was already sold out, but I don't think I would had bought it if I had seen it available, $100 total would had been a bit rich for me, and Conditions of my Parole is my favorite Puscifer album. I'll get V is for Versatile in digital. Will also cave in for the double feature, probably. And excited to see them next week!

Space Suicide
10-10-2022, 04:02 PM
I'd love these records but cannot stand these recent Revolver NFT cash grab releases.

What the fuck is even included in the NFT purchase?

sonic_discord
10-10-2022, 05:15 PM
I'd love these records but cannot stand these recent Revolver NFT cash grab releases.

What the fuck is even included in the NFT purchase?

They're basically virtual trading cards (https://nft.revolvermag.com/moment/existentialreckoningbronze01) that encourage people to collect them like they're Pokémon. The NFT stuff is total bullshit you had it right when you called them "NFT cash grab releases."

Space Suicide
10-10-2022, 06:32 PM
They're basically virtual trading cards (https://nft.revolvermag.com/moment/existentialreckoningbronze01) that encourage people to collect them like they're Pokémon. The NFT stuff is total bullshit you had it right when you called them "NFT cash grab releases."

Sure but sometimes they function to give the user something or access to a website or what not.

Either way, I don't know why people buy them. So stupid.

Zimbo
10-10-2022, 07:25 PM
At least their NFT releases were used with a crypto that isn't energy intensive. But that is as much leeway as I'll give it. I do like the idea of ordering vinyl and hoping I get a rare one. That part is cool.

Fadeout54321
10-10-2022, 07:35 PM
I think the attraction of these Revolver releases isn't necessarily the NFT but the limited record. You have a chance to get a 1 of 1 varient. Or at least that's what I think makes it somewhat worth it.

sonic_discord
10-10-2022, 09:38 PM
I think the attraction of these Revolver releases isn't necessarily the NFT but the limited record. You have a chance to get a 1 of 1 varient. Or at least that's what I think makes it somewhat worth it.

I do like the idea of a rare variant (I own several records that are limited to a few hundred copies). I will admit that (because I didn't read the description) I didn't initially understand or realize that with these, you just place an order, not knowing ahead of time what you'll be getting (like a lottery of sorts). I was under the impression that you could choose which one, but now I see there was only one copy each of the red, blue, and green Emerald, Ruby, & Sapphire. I guess that makes it a little cooler, though I still like my transparent copper (https://www.discogs.com/release/16256072-Puscifer-Existential-Reckoning) variant better. The NFT part is still dumb, though.

Fadeout54321
10-11-2022, 06:32 AM
I do like the idea of a rare variant (I own several records that are limited to a few hundred copies). I will admit that (because I didn't read the description) I didn't initially understand or realize that with these, you just place an order, not knowing ahead of time what you'll be getting (like a lottery of sorts). I was under the impression that you could choose which one, but now I see there was only one copy each of the red, blue, and green Emerald, Ruby, & Sapphire. I guess that makes it a little cooler, though I still like my transparent copper (https://www.discogs.com/release/16256072-Puscifer-Existential-Reckoning) variant better. The NFT part is still dumb, though.

NFT's are the dumbest things ever haha. I do like the idea of the rare variants...however that being said Revolver has been pumping out "Limited" releases of things for the past few years. I personally have been getting kind of annoyed with it as well as the way the market their releases. I will say that these releases have very small quantities so the rarity of them is a bit better than some of the things they have been releasing. I think that the way they are pricing them sucks though. If you look less popular bands releases cost less. Oh well.

cahernandez
10-13-2022, 10:34 PM
I’m at the show in San Francisco, I arrived one hour after doors had opened, just as the opener was starting, and they still had signed city specific vinyl ($175) and signed city specific posters ($175). They also had regular signed posters still available as well ($125). It seems like inflation is hitting people hard! I’m not into buying overpriced merch like that, but I kept reading on Reddit that the vinyl were going to fly but apparently not. The opener, Night Club, was good, one of the most interesting opening bands I’ve seen in a while.

cahernandez
10-14-2022, 01:47 AM
The show was great, the band sounds so good, it sounds like the record and even better, the Existential Reckoning songs are so textured and nuanced (props to the sound mixer). With this being said, I did not enjoy the reworked versions of Vagina Mine, Humbling River and Momma Sed, the original versions are way better. These sound a bit…meandering? However, the band rocked the Conditions of my Parole and Money Shot songs, Flippant sounded so hot, Greg Edwards did such a great job with that one. Carina’s voice sounded even better than last time I saw them (ten years ago!), her harmonies with Maynard were out of this world. And her stage presence and chemistry with Maynard is just great.

I thought I was going to hate the aliens concept but I actually enjoyed it a bit, they got a smile out of me with the banter onstage, they poured whiskey for Billy D and then probed him! I don’t think I’ve ever seen MJK drink during a show, but hey, he seemed to be enjoying himself. I looked at the setlists from their last leg, and this one included more older songs (including Horizons, Man Overboard, Conditions of my Parole, Flippant, The Remedy and the reimagined songs I’ve already mentioned -they were playing all these songs during the last tour but not all of them on any given night, they would rotate -except for Horizons, don’t think they were playing that one last tour-). As a big fan of Conditions and Money Shot, I was happy with this selection. As I walked out I think I saw that there were still city exclusive posters on sale (don’t know if all those are signed or not, but again, I think it’s a sign of this economy the fact that they were not sold out).

Really happy I went and looking forward to the next album by these guys.

Callahan
10-21-2022, 11:14 AM
Another Revolver/NFT release today.

I think I'm done with purchasing Puscifer products. I jumped on the first couple for the limited vinyl aspect - but it's just blatant cash grabs at this point. Outside of a concert in my area, all my future Puscifer experiences will be strictly from streaming/downloading their content now.

Volk
10-22-2022, 03:37 AM

I think I'm done with purchasing Puscifer products. I jumped on the first couple for the limited vinyl aspect - but it's just blatant cash grabs at this point. Outside of a concert in my area, all my future Puscifer experiences will be strictly from streaming/downloading their content now.

Same here. They've taken it too far and its not a good look.

sinspots
10-22-2022, 11:59 PM

I think I'm done with purchasing Puscifer products. I jumped on the first couple for the limited vinyl aspect - but it's just blatant cash grabs at this point. Outside of a concert in my area, all my future Puscifer experiences will be strictly from streaming/downloading their content now.I've gone a bit overboard on the Puscifer merch in the past couple years, and I bought the first Revolver limited edition which was ER, despite my disapproval of NFTs.... But yeah I think I'm finally done with the vinyls. There's just way too many now. Aside from theses Revolver ones, there's also a recent Conditions one added in the Puscifer store and some new ones with the double feature coming out.

And speaking of the double feature coming up, which I do have a ticket for, I would very much appreciate if any tech savvy people who are watching it and saving a copy for themselves might be so kind to message me. [emoji120]

gerbil
10-24-2022, 12:52 PM
Hey, with the double feature coming up I have a quick question. Does anyone remember if tickets give you access to rewatch the specials during the period that they’re up or are they only viewable once?

Space Suicide
10-24-2022, 01:10 PM

Same here. They've taken it too far and its not a good look.

I just pre-ordered a repress of Conditions of My Parole last Friday on the Puscifer webstore solo without NFT.

sinspots
10-27-2022, 10:18 AM
Gunnar is doing an AMA on Reddit on 10/28.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Puscifer/comments/ye8m9y/puscifer_drummer_gunnar_olsen_will_be_doing_an/

sinspots
10-27-2022, 08:54 PM
Hey, with the double feature coming up I have a quick question. Does anyone remember if tickets give you access to rewatch the specials during the period that they’re up or are they only viewable once?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkPuscifer posted this today on FB:

It’s Go Time!

Tomorrow at 12 noon pacific/3 pm eastern you can watch both “V is for Versatile: A Puscifer Concert Film featuring music from the V is for… era” and “Parole Violator: A Puscifer Concert Film featuring Conditions of My Parole” from the comfort of your own home. Watch anytime, and as often as you’d like, between Oct. 28 and Nov. 1.

Volk
10-28-2022, 05:33 AM
Can't wait to see the double feature today and then I have tickets to see them next week in D.C.
If anyone is archiving the films, I'd be super appreciative of a DM. Thanks!

sonic_discord
10-28-2022, 09:04 AM
Yes, if someone can "capture" these, I'd also be interested in a DM. I really think you should get a download since we're paying for it.

cahernandez
10-28-2022, 11:42 AM
How long do you think it'd take for the band to have these two films up in their platform for rent, after the PPV period? Does anyone remember how long it took them to have the Live at Arcosanti up in the website after the stream? I decided to wait til they have those up for rent, it'll be cheaper that way.

sinspots
10-28-2022, 12:00 PM
It's available now with Momma Sed posted to YouTube.

https://twitter.com/mjkeenan/status/1586028869823234049?t=gYYA_pHTuPKjpx1MefWkhQ&s=15

gerbil
10-28-2022, 04:14 PM
How long do you think it'd take for the band to have these two films up in their platform for rent, after the PPV period? Does anyone remember how long it took them to have the Live at Arcosanti up in the website after the stream? I decided to wait til they have those up for rent, it'll be cheaper that way.

I think the date for the audio to appear on streaming services and the CD releases is 11/11.

I watched V and really enjoyed it. Hoping Parole is as good.

But yeah I’d love to have the audio soon.

sinspots
10-28-2022, 10:39 PM
I'll try to be spoiler lite below
I love campfires!!!
I love Potions (and of course with any mention of Potions I have to add how I would really love Trent to cover that so we can all hear his version...).
I really wanted to attend a sermon (i.e.Sour Grapes) by Rev. MJK tonight. :(
What is that instrument that looked like a bunch of nails?
Really love the studio takes!
MJK and Carina just sound so great together as always.
As Humbling River was the song that pulled me into Puscifer (and then Tool and APC), I think I'm always going to favor the original.
MJK has a really low range...I sort of thought maybe MJK's voice was altered via a device on original V is for... But I don't think it was!
Man Overboard rocks!!
Edit: and holy... Don't forget to Breathe!
Edit 2: Dou-chay. Lol.
Edit 3: "Agent Creepy." Lol. Okay, definitely good to watch a second time to catch more of these stupid things.

P.S. if anyone has a capture of video and/or audio, I'd very much appreciate a copy!

gerbil
10-29-2022, 09:26 AM
Both are really enjoyable. I have my little quibbles and I wish they’d done more with some of the V is For… songs. But the songs are definitely more in line with Puscifer as we know them now. It’s hard to make a few throw-away jokes perfect.

Indigo Children is a stand-out for me, though. That’s just about perfect.

Parole Violator is just beautiful all through. Monsoons stands out for me. Having a proper male vocalist backing up Maynard and Carina is perfect.

I am so, so, so glad they didn’t bother going anywhere near Drunk With Power. If we really must hear a live version we have the Berger Barns version.

Santos L Halper
10-29-2022, 04:34 PM
About how long are the two PPV's? Should I expect to set aside a couple of hours or will they not take up that much time?

sinspots
10-29-2022, 08:02 PM
About how long are the two PPV's? Should I expect to set aside a couple of hours or will they not take up that much time?Each one was about 1 hr and 5 to 10 minutes.

Santos L Halper
10-29-2022, 08:17 PM
Each one was about 1 hr and 5 to 10 minutes.

Awesome! Thanks!

Erneuert
10-30-2022, 03:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6piWIjfW1QI (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6piWIjfW1QI)

Reznor2112
11-01-2022, 06:49 AM
Gunna be that person...anyone screen record either of them?

fortysixand2
11-01-2022, 02:07 PM
I'm looking high and low.

Volk
11-02-2022, 04:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5s5IKpoGnM&list=RDw5s5IKpoGnM&start_radio=1

Still looking for an archive copy, if anyone finds. Thanks!

Callahan
11-02-2022, 11:08 AM
Add me to the list of folks that are looking for a copy! Hard to catch these live with a 1yr old and a newborn taking all your time!

Toadflax
11-02-2022, 11:30 AM
Ditto the above. :)

sonic_discord
11-02-2022, 12:14 PM
Ditto the ditto. :D

ldeaf2
11-02-2022, 12:20 PM
Add me to the pile of dittos please.

Erneuert
11-02-2022, 06:03 PM
Can anyone post the entire set lists for both shows?

Volk
11-02-2022, 06:25 PM
Sets are what is on the vinyl, I believe.
https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/172002/Puscifer-V_Is_For_Versatile-Vinyl_Record
https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/172003/Puscifer-Parole_Violator-Vinyl_Record

sonic_discord
11-02-2022, 08:07 PM
As much as I find the album version of Rev 22:20 (the "Dry Martini Mix") inferior to the version found on the Underworld soundtrack and the Don't Shoot the Messenger EP, its omission feels wrong. The presence of The Mission and The Humbling River make up for its absence, though (those are two of my favorite Puscifer tracks).

gerbil
11-03-2022, 08:06 AM
If there’s a pile of dittos may I join

sinspots
11-03-2022, 11:09 AM
Parole Violator is just beautiful all through. Monsoons stands out for me. Having a proper male vocalist backing up Maynard and Carina is perfect.

With the extension if the streams until the 7th, I've had a chance to watch both a number of times. I must say, after a number of listens, I think Monsoons is my fav on Parole Violator. It's never been near the top of my list before but wow the harmonies are really outstanding and beautiful.

azad_ninja
11-03-2022, 01:05 PM
As much as I find the album version of Rev 22:20 (the "Dry Martini Mix") inferior to the version found on the Underworld soundtrack and the Don't Shoot the Messenger EP, its omission feels wrong. The presence of The Mission and The Humbling River make up for its absence, though (those are two of my favorite Puscifer tracks).

Speaking of alternate versions, Undertaker album version doesnt hold a candle to the Lohner remix. Holy moley, it wrecks.

gerbil
11-03-2022, 02:54 PM
With the extension if the streams until the 7th, I've had a chance to watch both a number of times. I must say, after a number of listens, I think Monsoons is my fav on Parole Violator. It's never been near the top of my list before but wow the harmonies are really outstanding and beautiful.

There’s a moment where almost all the instruments stop and it’s mostly acapella and it’s just such a great moment.

gerbil
11-03-2022, 03:24 PM
Also, can we talk about the brilliance of the textures and ebows on Oceans? Amazing.

Zimbo
11-03-2022, 08:08 PM
Wait, is Greg Edwards their touring bassist?

cahernandez
11-04-2022, 09:51 AM
Wait, is Greg Edwards their touring bassist?

That's right! He fits nicely with the band.

Zimbo
11-04-2022, 10:51 AM
That's right! He fits nicely with the band.

Well, guess I am wearing my Autolux shirt when I see them haha. Though, I did always like Eugene and Carla more...but maybe not as much now!

Volk
11-05-2022, 04:55 AM
I'm surprised he has the energy to walk, since he's married to Carina Round.

gerbil
11-05-2022, 08:14 AM
Well, guess I am wearing my Autolux shirt when I see them haha. Though, I did always like Eugene and Carla more...but maybe not as much now!

He appears on all the live recordings they’ve released. I think he plays bass on all of Existential Reckoning.

It really stands out. He’s got a great voice and adds a nice lower harmony. His bass lines are complex and nuanced. All else being equal, Mat writes amazing bass parts, too.

It’s wishful thinking but if they ended up on a core band, this is the group I’d love to hear more from.

EDIT: Greg’s on all the live specials post Existential Reckoning.

Reznor2112
11-08-2022, 05:06 PM
SPOILER WARNING for those that haven't seen/heard/don't want to know.

Thought the PPVs were great. Parole Violator wasn't much different but was definitely version of some of the songs that we got on "What Is..."

The REAL treat here is "V is for Versatile". Some of the tracks were "meh" (ie. Queen B)

But the rest was great. The last half (Indigo Children > Potions > Dear Brother > Breathe (that part though:o :rolleyes:) > Humbling River) was AMAZING. Fantastic versions of those. Maynard and crew were top notch.

I also LOVE Carina's vocals on The Mission much better than Mila's (no offense).

The Major Douche scenes were hilarious.

All said, I am really loving this line-up and think this may be the best iteration of the band. I hope we get to keep Gunnar, Greg and Juliette.

Volk
11-09-2022, 05:39 AM
SPOILER WARNING for those that haven't seen/heard/don't want to know.

Thought the PPVs were great. Parole Violator wasn't much different but was definitely version of some of the songs that we got on "What Is..."

The REAL treat here is "V is for Versatile". Some of the tracks were "meh" (ie. Queen B)

But the rest was great. The last half (Indigo Children > Potions > Dear Brother > Breathe (that part though:o :rolleyes:) > Humbling River) was AMAZING. Fantastic versions of those. Maynard and crew were top notch.

I also LOVE Carina's vocals on The Mission much better than Mila's (no offense).

The Major Douche scenes were hilarious.

All said, I am really loving this line-up and think this may be the best iteration of the band. I hope we get to keep Gunnar, Greg and Juliette.

Its definitely more watchable than "What is...". I liked the performances on that, but the camera blurring in and out every 30 seconds was really annoying. Editor must have had ADHD.

Reznor2112
11-09-2022, 07:13 AM
Its definitely more watchable than "What is...". I liked the performances on that, but the camera blurring in and out every 30 seconds was really annoying. Editor must have had ADHD.

Ha had the same feeling with the APC Red Rocks live show. Always thought maybe it was a Maynard request to keep him shadowed and not look like a straight music video...

After these Puscifer PPVs, especially "V is for...", no one can say that MJK is to blame for there being no live TOOL release... Am I wrong in saying that "V is for Volatile" is the first time we've ever had a video of Maynard singing without any camera tricks (ala "What is...", Judith video, APC live show, etc...)? Can't say I've seen him in a studio setting performing outside of some Instagram posts.

Toadflax
11-09-2022, 09:33 AM
Am I wrong in saying that "V is for Volatile" is the first time we've ever had a video of Maynard singing without any camera tricks (ala "What is...", Judith video, APC live show, etc...)? Can't say I've seen him in a studio setting performing outside of some Instagram posts.

Yeah, I was so-so on some of the song revamps on this one, but I thought it was a great choice when releasing two concerts at once to have one of them just be an intimate studio session. I'm sure it saved them money, too, but it gave us something new after three "concert" videos in a row.

fillow
11-10-2022, 08:42 AM
Now that Maynard has done the full album live things with two of his bands (Puscifer movies and APC trifecta tour), I wonder if he'll ever persuade the boys in Tool to do the same? Undertow XXX 2023 FTW.

think i'm a fire engine
11-10-2022, 12:46 PM
Now that Maynard has done the full album live things with two of his bands (Puscifer movies and APC trifecta tour), I wonder if he'll ever persuade the boys in Tool to do the same? Undertow XXX 2023 FTW.

Honestly, I really don't think Maynard can persuade the boys in Tool to do jack.

SM Rollinger
11-10-2022, 02:50 PM
I totally slept on this last livestream, didn't realize it was going to be a timed release.

1.) Are they getting a physical release like the last ones?
2.) Can someone help me out in the meantime? (I dont see it on soulseek)

edit: wow, really sorry guys. i did the last two, but I was just not paying attention that this was timed. hopefully someone got a copy.

cahernandez
11-11-2022, 07:31 AM
I totally slept on this last livestream, didn't realize it was going to be a timed release.

1.) Are they getting a physical release like the last ones?
2.) Can someone help me out in the meantime? (I dont see it on soulseek)

edit: wow, really sorry guys. i did the last two, but I was just not paying attention that this was timed. hopefully someone got a copy.

they are doing vinyl and CD for these two, they are both up for sale in the Puscifer website at the moment. Both albums are up in streaming services already. And I’m sure both films will be available for rent at some point, like with the two previous PPVs (you can rent them for $5 for a couple days, I held off from watching these livestreams so I could get the cheaper price).

gerbil
11-11-2022, 08:19 AM

I think there are some songs Maynard wouldn’t want to do anymore for emotional reasons. IIRC, he swore off doing Prison Sex again. Then again, he did Judith for the trifecta and they phased that out.

These PPV soundtracks are great. I enjoy having the actual band writing them instead of just re-adjusting them for a live setting.

Santos L Halper
11-11-2022, 10:04 AM
they are doing vinyl and CD for these two, they are both up for sale in the Puscifer website at the moment. Both albums are up in streaming services already. And I’m sure both films will be available for rent at some point, like with the two previous PPVs (you can rent them for $5 for a couple days, I held off from watching these livestreams so I could get the cheaper price).

FYI: There is now an option to buy a CD/Blu-Ray of each of the new PPVs. Just throwing that out there as another option to view them.

PhoenixML
11-11-2022, 10:19 AM
V is for Versatile was a much needed upgrade to some V songs. Indigo Children especially. (I mean, I do enjoy the original, the mood is just too different to the Puscifer "sound" that came after)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INbtbooYmaQ

gerbil
11-11-2022, 01:04 PM
Just gonna take a moment to point out that official lyrics are out there on Puscifer’s site if you’re the type of person that likes that sort of thing.

http://puscifer.com/lyrics/

Genius Lyrics and Apple Music have had some pretty egregious errors recently.

Edit: I also got into a pretty long and annoying battle on Genius Lyrics trying to correct the lyrics to “Hourglass” by APC. The official lyrics are “Aristocrat breaks down to Timocrat breaks down to Oligarch breaks down to Republocrat breaks to” which are forms of government Plato lists as they evolve in The Republic. The unspoken fourth and fifth are democracy and tyranny. It took forever to get people to look at the official lyrics and correct it.

Volk
11-11-2022, 02:49 PM
PSA: the albums from the streams are now on streaming services. I really like "V is for Versatile". All those songs got great updates. Break out your good headphones, kiddos.

SM Rollinger
11-11-2022, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the hook up guys, this is awesome. Conditions is my favorite.

gerbil
11-12-2022, 10:58 AM
The new recording of Toma is lowkey one of the best of the lot. Maynard’s vocals vary and Carina’s harmonies are realigned to fit better. In previous live versions, they both just did their album parts. It didn’t work as well live because Carina’s were so far back in the mix on the album and were slightly out of place live.

But the Parole Violator version is just amazing.

All the live PPVs released give the vocals a really solid chance to shine.

sinspots
11-12-2022, 12:30 PM
I'm heading to the Indianapolis concert today and Madison tomorrow. I've been hoping for Indigo Children but it hasn't been played this second leg of the tour (and I didn't get lucky to see it first leg). And today, MJK tweets out asking which song of four he should play tonight as a tribute and Indigo Children was one. I've got my fingers crossed!

P.S. Apparently the snow globe has returned to the merch table.

https://twitter.com/mjkeenan/status/1591464792463757313?t=BhmHbDpQRTI_lbwmodCzkw&s=19

SM Rollinger
11-12-2022, 08:19 PM
I'm going to make the Kansas City show work, it's eating me up inside that I missed so many concerts this year that I had tickets for (specifically here the Omaha show in July) and this really seems like something special. Anyone else going to that one too?

think i'm a fire engine
11-13-2022, 09:37 AM
I was at the Indianapolis show last night. Definitely a cool time and great to see Maynard in a smaller venue than the last time I saw him with Tool at the Yum Center. About a minute after the show started, they took a girl out two rows ahead of me for filming. I don't understand how they don't think four guys with flashlights coming in and making a whole row stand up and bring a person out while protesting before the first chorus even hits isn't more distracting than her discreetly using her phone. Still, you can't say she wasn't warned. That intro vid about making spam out of people who get tossed for filming should have said all you needed to know.

Super sorry for the poster who really wanted Indigo Children, but I was stoked to get Momma Sed. The current live version of that song rocks way harder than the album one or the version on "What is..." Check it out on the new live releases if you haven't heard it. Greg Edwards really rocked the bassline to Vagina Mine.

I'm super into the MiB/alien stuff too. Like, that's so much more up my alley than the luchadores lol. I really loved this last album so this was a great time to see them. The vibe is just so cool. It's probably one of my favorites Maynard has done really. I was more impressed with Mat Mitchell's live guitar tone than I expected to be too. Dude is super under the radar one of Maynard's coolest collaborators.

There was even a woman that sat near me dressed up as Carina with the weird tall hair and the agent suit/glasses that danced a lot all night.

SM Rollinger
11-13-2022, 10:03 AM
Speaking of recording, has there been many good AUDs from this tour? I'm trying to get away from taping all the time (aka RETIRED) but if I need to I will

fortysixand2
11-13-2022, 11:01 AM
Long shot but does anyone have an extra Indianapolis poster they want to get rid of?

Zimbo
11-13-2022, 05:33 PM
Just now learning you cannot even snap a picture. Insane. I prefer NIN's enthusiasm for taping and etc...

sinspots
11-13-2022, 11:13 PM
So Madison was amazing!! When he would have done Bedlamite (end song), he told everyone to wait and not leave and that they'd be right back. Then they played the BeBop video (which is usually after it's over), so I was like what's going on.

So after a few minutes MJK came out but not as Billy D or Agent Dick Merkin but as...MJK. In regular clothes, black t-shirt. He said he wasn't going to end with Bedlamite and instead wanted to do something else and it might be a little rough (something like that, not heavily prepared, etc).

So then he went up on the top area of the platform, and they did Autumn!!! He dedicated it to Mimi Parker from the band Low.

It was beautiful. He sounded so great! It was very unexpected (this was my 6th and last Puscifer this year). This was fantastic!

Edit. Spouse said his shirt said decriminalize small talk.

Shadaloo
11-14-2022, 12:40 AM
I was at the show in Montreal last week, was a good time. I've always been way more into APC and Tool, never really got into Puscifer - there's some good stuff there. But it's just had the effect of putting me on a bonkers APC kick. :P

elevenism
11-14-2022, 12:48 AM
N00B question from a tool fan of 30 years.
Aenima and the first A Perfect Circus are top ten of all time...PROBABLY would be top one and 2 if it weren't for certain records like Fugees' The Score.

I've heard a bit of Puscifer.

I loved MJK on Mr. Show. I like Cuntry Boner. And I appreciate the one about the river.

But, ok. I was big into tool in '93 and saw them a LOT as a teenager.
I caught some killer early APC shows, including Dallas 2000, right BEFORE the record came out.

This is some of my favorite music of all time, though. And I'll expound on what @think i'm a fire engine (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=810) said, and say that, at THIS point, "Tool" is Danny, Adam, and Justin, and then MJK sings over what they created.
Maynard LITERALLY sent in the vocals for FI, right?

ANYWAY, sorry...short story long: can anyone point me to a Puscifer record, or playlist, for a man who barely remembers life WITHOUT Tool, and, was utterly obsessed with the first two APC albums, and the Tapeworm album, but had a hard time with Puscifer like, STICKING, or whatever?

fillow
11-14-2022, 01:22 AM
ANYWAY, sorry...short story long: can anyone point me to a Puscifer record, or playlist, for a man who barely remembers life WITHOUT Tool, and, was utterly obsessed with the first two APC albums, and the Tapeworm album, but had a hard time with Puscifer like, STICKING, or whatever?

just listen to Conditions of My Parole, or better yet Money Shot. (Alternatively: the live album What Is...) This is where the band found their solid ground, musically.
I would say Conditions is the closest they ever sounded to APC (songs like The Weather or Oceans could've easily been on Eat the Elephant, if added a slight Billy H touch).
The early stuff V is For, soundtracks and Country Boner/World Up My Ass single is good too, but it's sorta unfocused and all over the place.

think i'm a fire engine
11-14-2022, 05:51 AM
Aenima and the first A Perfect Circus are top ten of all time...PROBABLY would be top one and 2 if it weren't for certain records like Fugees' The Score.

I loved MJK on Mr. Show. I like Cuntry Boner. And I appreciate the one about the river.

I caught some killer early APC shows, including Dallas 2000, right BEFORE the record came out.

This is some of my favorite music of all time, though. And I'll expound on what @think i'm a fire engine (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=810) said, and say that, at THIS point, "Tool" is Danny, Adam, and Justin, and then MJK sings over what they created.

I really enjoy the "What is....Puscifer" live album. Touches on a lot of their better songs, starts out with one of my favs in Green Valley, does Vagina Mine and Toma with a more live rock band feel instead of that electro thing they were doing earlier on, hits Telling Ghosts and Conditions of My Parole, has Carina sing Rev 22:20 which is sultry AF, and ends with the Undertaker.

Oh, and if you haven't checked out Bullet Train to Iowa, that song. Right there.

I agree with Fillow that they hit their stride later around the Conditions of My Parole era. They started to sound like a legit rock band rather than Maynard effing around with songs about boners and vaginas. Puscifer is definitely more mellow than Tool, but my tastes in music have admittedly gotten a bit more mellow now that I'm in my mid-30s.

Toadflax
11-15-2022, 12:40 PM

I agree Conditions is a great place to start, especially if you're okay with softer stuff.

If you're not or prefer heavier/darker music, I made a Spotify playlist called Puscifer - H is for Hard you're welcome to check out:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6CvdMTg6Nll1ailuirRHZx?si=da4f775ca4ec4ff7

To be clear, this is very different than what I would make if I was making a playlist of my favorite Puscifer songs, but I have a friend who only likes metal / hard rock (i.e. loves Tool but doesn't like Puscifer), so I made this as something I could put on when he visits. :)

sonic_discord
11-15-2022, 11:32 PM

I, personally, would point you toward Money Shot, but truth be told, all of the main albums are a good place to start, except for V is for Vagina – It's not a bad album, but despite being their debut album, it's much more hit-or-miss than any of their other albums. I really think they found their footing and their identity on Conditions of My Parole, but Money Shot is where they really truly began to feel like a band with something to say. I also think that might be the album that would appeal most to a Tool fan who's unfamiliar with Puscifer (I'd say it's also where they sound closest to Tool), so it seems to me like the best entry point for you.

As a bonus, I'd also recommend the Don't Shoot The Messenger EP (the versions of Rev 22:20 and The Undertaker found here are far superior to the ones on V is for Vagina) and C Is For (Please Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference Here) (The Mission and The Humbling River are top-tier).

Reznor2112
11-23-2022, 07:21 AM
I keep coming back to V is for Versatile. Such a good release and the versions of the songs are great. Everyone sounds top notch on this one. I guess I sound like a broken record at this point but I can't help continuing to praise this PPV. A+

The bit in Dear Brother...

We raise a heavy glass to you
And our indestructible days
May heaven's call to you make
Star the line and light your way...

(insert Greg's beast bass note and Mat's goosebump inducing guitar)

https://media4.giphy.com/media/XbKMoNAkpWK6k/giphy.gif

...and the obvious stank face, head bob moment in Breathe that I previously mentioned...:rolleyes::o

gerbil
11-24-2022, 07:52 AM
I keep coming back to V is for Versatile. Such a good release and the versions of the songs are great. Everyone sounds top notch on this one. I guess I sound like a broken record at this point but I can't help continuing to praise this PPV. A+

The bit in Dear Brother...

We raise a heavy glass to you
And our indestructible days
May heaven's call to you make
Star the line and light your way...

(insert Greg's beast bass note and Mat's goosebump inducing guitar)

https://media4.giphy.com/media/XbKMoNAkpWK6k/giphy.gif

...and the obvious stank face, head bob moment in Breathe that I previously mentioned...:rolleyes::o

I love it, too. I wish they’d veered a little bit further away from remixes of songs that already existed like Vagina Mine and Momma Sed. But so many of them are great.

But the rearrangements on the three studio “remakes” are all amazing. Arcosanti doesn’t really count for me because it’s basically just the album version of everything with some neat flourishes.

fillow
12-06-2022, 01:34 AM
Europe 2023 tour will probably get announced soon. (Although Maynard already sorta spoiled it in Rick Beato interview)

sonic_discord
12-07-2022, 08:26 PM
Has Existential Reckoning: Rewired been pushed back?? I couldn't remember when it came out, so I Googled it quick, which led me to this article on Consequence (https://consequence.net/2022/09/puscifer-existential-reckoning-rewired/#:~:text=Puscifer%20have%20announced%20Existential %20Reckoning,upcoming%20fall%20North%20American%20 tour.) that was just updated with the following:

Editor’s Note: This story has been updated with the news that Existential Reckoning: Rewired will be released in early 2023, not December 2022, as originally planned.

If so, that sucks. Also really weird since it was supposed to come out in two days.

EDIT: Maybe it's just the vinyl that's delayed? I guess we'll find out in 24 hours...

Fadeout54321
12-08-2022, 06:24 AM
Has Existential Reckoning: Rewired been pushed back?? I couldn't remember when it came out, so I Googled it quick, which led me to this article on Consequence (https://consequence.net/2022/09/puscifer-existential-reckoning-rewired/#:~:text=Puscifer%20have%20announced%20Existential %20Reckoning,upcoming%20fall%20North%20American%20 tour.) that was just updated with the following:

If so, that sucks. Also really weird since it was supposed to come out in two days.

EDIT: Maybe it's just the vinyl that's delayed? I guess we'll find out in 24 hours...

Someone on Reddit got lucky and had a free copy gifted to them with other stuff....https://www.reddit.com/r/Puscifer/comments/zf9kbj/double_vinyl_rewired_surprise/

PhoenixML
12-08-2022, 08:50 AM
The release date is tomorrow (Dec 9)
https://twitter.com/puscifer/status/1567601631877042176

The vinyl release is always an estimate.

sonic_discord
12-09-2022, 12:11 AM
The release date is tomorrow (Dec 9)
https://twitter.com/puscifer/status/1567601631877042176

The vinyl release is always an estimate.

I dunno, man, it doesn't look like it's coming out this Friday. They haven't advertised it for like 3 months – they're only pushing the PPV videos being available to buy or rent. The Empire of Light score was available right at 11:00pm CT, but despite the fact that it's after midnight here, there's no sign of it anywhere. You'd think you be able to at least SEE the album on Spotify/Apple Music, but not be able to play it yet, but there's nothing to be found.

PhoenixML
12-09-2022, 08:01 AM
:O it's not out today? ff.....

virushopper
12-09-2022, 07:57 PM
I got my copies of the CD release today. No advanced shipping notice.

sonic_discord
12-09-2022, 09:47 PM
I got my copies of the CD release today. No advanced shipping notice.

Where did you order it from? This is so weird and I wish they would just be transparent with their fans and post an update/explanation on their socials and/or website.

virushopper
12-10-2022, 12:02 AM
Where did you order it from? This is so weird and I wish they would just be transparent with their fans and post an update/explanation on their socials and/or website.

Through the Puscifer TV site, I purchased the streaming+CD package back in whenever. Last month I received an email stating the items were delayed and will be shipped on 12/9. Well, today I received the package. I had no idea it was even shipped.

sinspots
12-16-2022, 11:15 AM
Lol. No interest in the Tool skull. But Dick Merkin is fantastic.
https://youtu.be/BLxsg0DqvEM

armogi
12-19-2022, 07:10 PM
OK, I need help from the puscifer fans here, I just bought this: https://postimg.cc/XpJwXkGC
can't figure out who signed it or if it's even legit at all. thoughts?

sonic_discord
12-19-2022, 10:56 PM
OK, I need help from the puscifer fans here, I just bought this:
https://i.postimg.cc/QxgS46j0/PUSCIFER-CONDITION-1.jpg
https://postimg.cc/XpJwXkGC
can't figure out who signed it or if it's even legit at all. thoughts?

I'm no expert, but that looks like Maynard's sig to me. A sloppy one, but it's similar to his recent signature style like this APC 7" (https://www.ebay.com/itm/384042745651):
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/OpgAAOSwJ7hgVMsq/s-l500.jpg

His signature is so indistinct that it's kinda hard to tell if it's real since it'd be fairly easy to fake. Maybe others could weigh in on the legitimacy.