PDA

View Full Version : The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

themethatyouknow
11-26-2011, 05:10 AM
So I guess a good way to restart this thread is with the return of the NBA. Looks like they came to an agreement at 4 in the morning, and basketball will be back on Christmas day.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7281052/nba-owners-players-tentative-agreement

The plan is to play 66 games, which roughly how long the season should be anyway. ETS and the NBA coming back within a 48 hour period, and turkey too!!! Good times....good times....

Kid Charlemagne
11-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Of course the season starts while the NFL is winding down. The players are idiots, they got stuck with 49% when at the start of this, they could've had 53%.

Dra508
11-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Kid is going down, fantasy style. My Fair Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady!

Kid Charlemagne
11-27-2011, 11:23 PM
I have no idea why you've swept me this year. I think God has it in for me.

themethatyouknow
11-28-2011, 01:40 AM
This weeks ffb match is too close. I'm down to counting on Jake Ballard to get points or I might get a "stat correction" loss like the one I gave Dra a couple weeks ago.

hehe Sorry dra. ETS was down when it happened so I didn't get to needle you about it until now.

But seriously, I need that first week bye to get Peterson healthy.

Dra508
11-28-2011, 07:32 AM
I have no idea why you've swept me this year. I think God Dra has it in for me.

hehe Sorry dra. ETS was down when it happened so I didn't get to needle you about it until now.

Yeah, that hurt really bad. Where did those last minute points come from?

This new board is going to take some getting used to.

Kid Charlemagne
11-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Dra, HOW DOES DAT ASS FEEL?

themethatyouknow
11-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah, that hurt really bad. Where did those last minute points come from?

This new board is going to take some getting used to.

I think I got an extra point when Buffalo's defense was credited with an extra sack like three days after the game.

Looks like Kid managed to reverse jinx himself into a win.

blackholesun
11-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Yes ETS is back. Missed all you guys, but have been enjoying kicking mucho ass in Fantasy Football. Well I'm gonna be 8-4 but I like my team very much right now and 2 of my losses are from forgetting to set my lineup.

Dra508
11-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Dra, HOW DOES DAT ASS FEEL?Bullocks! It's a conspiracy to keep the woman manager down. Next week is going to kill me.

Oh hey,

Hockey has been really really good to me this past month. I'm either taking Tyler Seguin's virginity or adopting him. I want his wrist shot for sure.
http://1.cdn.nhle.com/bruins/images/upload/2010/12/107236998_std.jpg

Kid Charlemagne
11-29-2011, 10:25 PM
I honestly thought I'd lose. But Eli Manning never gave up and Pierre Thomas got a garbage time TD. Looking forward to the playoffs, hopefully I'll have Ahmad Bradshaw back by then.

Fifey
11-30-2011, 06:38 PM
New ETS! Basketball! Hockey goes well!

I saw today that Paul has stated that he won't sign long term with Boston if they trade for him. I can understand that a little, I suppose, given that Boston is on the verge of a big time rebuild.

What is everyone's biggest surprise of the sports world in the last month? The Packers continuing their march to 19-0? The Colts march to 0-16 (poor Dan Orlofsky and Ernie Sims)? Crosby coming back from a year long concussion only to start elbowing opponents in the face after delivering high cross checks?

For me, it's the fact that despite the fact that the Texans are going through QBs faster than Herman Cain goes through the secretary pool, they're still in the driver's seat to make the playoffs for the first time in franchise history.

Dra508
11-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Oh Fifey, of course your first post would throw Sid under the zamboni. Personally, I'm very interested about this spinning chair he used to recover. Sounds like witchcraft to me.

Mr. Blaileen
12-01-2011, 12:26 AM
So....how about those Packers?

leo3375
12-01-2011, 12:34 AM
I'd rather not talk about the Packers. (Though I will become a Packers fan out of spite if/when the Vikings move to Los Angeles.)

bgalbraith
12-01-2011, 12:40 AM
I'd rather not talk about the Packers. (Though I will become a Packers fan out of spite if/when the Vikings move to Los Angeles.)

The Vikings are great this year... in letting my players rack up fantasy points

Big Fat Matt
12-01-2011, 12:42 AM
The possibility that my Michigan State Spartans might win the FIRST Big Ten title game gives me a chub.

Fifey
12-01-2011, 07:33 PM
The possibility that my Michigan State Spartans might win the FIRST Big Ten title game gives me a chub.

I second that. Having gone there for law school, it's exciting to see them make the first championship game. But I hear that they're actually having to PAY people to attend the game. People I know in Indy are saying they were offered $75 to take a ticket and go so they can fill Lucas Oil to respectable levels...

Big Fat Matt
12-01-2011, 07:42 PM
I second that. Having gone there for law school, it's exciting to see them make the first championship game. But I hear that they're actually having to PAY people to attend the game. People I know in Indy are saying they were offered $75 to take a ticket and go so they can fill Lucas Oil to respectable levels...

if i didnt have Star Wars Dungeons & Dragons that night, i would be there in a HEARTBEAT.

october_midnight
12-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Look at that cute little comeback against Nashville!

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

october_midnight
12-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I TAKE IT BACK. PULL LUONGO NAO. N A O. 5-5? 10 goals?

Jacob's Ladder
12-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Is this where I make fun of Texas A&M? I think it is!

dogsipod
12-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Bobby V in bean town. As a Yankee fan now I am actually worried.

blackholesun
12-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Wasn't the last time he managered 2002? I mean the Sox are still probably gonna contend for the AL East but it's not like he has some magic advantage over Francona.

Us in the Bay Area are waiting to see if the A's are going to be approved to move to San Jose. I for one like it. Many of my friends don't since they say that it is imposing on Sharks territory or they are Giants fans. I say fuck 'em. The Sharks don't play during baseball season and fuck the Giants.

dogsipod
12-02-2011, 02:02 AM
yes the last time he managed was 2002, but he as been approached since then. He took a paycut to make this move. He is a very different style then what they have had in boston. he will call players out. he will hold them accountable. he will police the clubhouse

Callahan
12-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Calgary Flames, can you please get your shit together and actually become a decent team again?

Good on paper, but fuck...they are sucking right now.

Canuckle
12-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Calgary Flames, can you please get your shit together and actually become a decent team again?

Good on paper, but fuck...they are sucking right now.

Ummm I wouldn't say they are good on paper....

Most experts predicted they would be out of the playoffs and that's where they are. They need to unload Iggy and Kipper for as much as they canb get and move on with the rebuild.

Dra508
12-04-2011, 03:02 PM
This is depressing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/sports/hockey/derek-boogaard-a-boy-learns-to-brawl.html

Baphomette
12-04-2011, 03:12 PM
21 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Blaileen
12-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Go pack go!

october_midnight
12-04-2011, 08:13 PM
COME ON, FELLAS.

http://thehockeyguys.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/van-logo.png

Dra508
12-05-2011, 08:20 AM
I've lost to Sineater in Fantasy Football because Oakland D couldn't play Miami and Jabar Gaffney can't catch shit.

themethatyouknow
12-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Well good news is that Sineater is already eliminated. And you can still make the playoffs if Revis and Butthead doesn't get at least 26 points from Rivers and Tolbert(which is right about what they should score except that they're all trying to get Norv fired and don't want to win).

Did I mention that Sineater didn't make the playoffs???

terryzen
12-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Saints bitches! yeah I said it, who dat? what?

Dra508
12-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Well good news is that Sineater is already eliminated. And you can still make the playoffs if Revis and Butthead doesn't get at least 26 points from Rivers and Tolbert(which is right about what they should score except that they're all trying to get Norv fired and don't want to win).

Did I mention that Sineater didn't make the playoffs???I luv you.

Now, I'm going to have to watch tonight's game. So maybe Rivers has a shitty game because he wants to have the coach canned. Really? Is that possible or just a bad film script?

I can't watch. I gotta watch the Big Bad Bruins play Fifey's BFF Sid The Kid. Totally, worth it since David Krejci is totally chirping at Sid and getting under his skin. Wow.

themethatyouknow
12-05-2011, 10:30 AM
They want Norv gone alright. But I highly doubt they'll sacrifice their own stats for it. So it should be close.

Hopefully my match won't be as close since Matthews should be almost the equal of Mojo and has points to spare.

Tums206_BFY
12-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Wassup Bitches!!!! Glad ETS is back and running after a short break.

I got Gates going today for the Chargers but it won't really matter as I have already secured my 7th straight victory after a 1-5 start!!!! Don't think it'll do much for my seeding but glad to make the playoffs for the second time in my 4 years of ETS Fantasy Football (I think that's how long I have participated).

Kid Charlemagne
12-05-2011, 12:20 PM
BFY, you kicked my ass this weekend. It wasn't even fucking close. There goes any shot of having a bye week.

blackholesun
12-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Glad to have made the playoffs as well but I lost handily this week. The only reason I was even within 30 points was because of Ray Rice who is a goddamned beast.

It looks like me and BFY are locked in for a 4-5 matchup and kid will go up against either Dra or Revis and Butthead.

dogsipod
12-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Haven't devoted enough time to the fantasy team. Sorry guys. The wedding and honeymoon cost me two weeks and last week I had no Internet from Thursday through Sunday afternoon. Here's hoping rivers has a huge game to tonight!!

dogsipod
12-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Rivers blew it up. I am in!

Dra508
12-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Rivers blew it up. I am in!
Congratulations, I'm going to cry now.

"Phillip Rivers- I'm out because of that THAT guy. Waaaaaaaa."

dogsipod
12-06-2011, 08:36 AM
N
Congratulations, I'm going to cry now.

"Phillip Rivers- I'm out because of that THAT guy. Waaaaaaaa."

Sorry, my calcs are unofficial. Perhaps I mad a mistake....don't think so though.

Dra508
12-06-2011, 10:21 AM
You're right. You deserve it. You're always on top in these leagues, even when you don't pay attention.

In the real world, all my Boston teams kick your NY teams asses.

BTW, congratulations on your nuptials. May you always appreciate each other and breed lots of little Revis and Buttheads.

Callahan
12-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Wow, have you hockey fans seen the big conference shake up (http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=604909) news this morning? Apparently this will be affective as of next season.

I must say, I think I like it! Being a Calgary fan, it looks like with would increase of odds of facing a rivalry team in the playoffs, like the Canucks, or Oilers. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

blackholesun
12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
There are definitely pros and cons to this. I'm actually shocked they didn't just switch Winnepeg in for Columbus or Detroit.

The major pro is there will be more rivalry games in the playoffs. That is a win for everyone. Plus every team travelling to every city at least once again is going to be great. The current rotating format was bullshit.

The only major con is that teams can have a lot of points and still miss the playoffs just by being in a tough division. The parity that exists now might not be in play starting next year.

Either way, I like it for the most part.

dogsipod
12-06-2011, 12:49 PM
while i like the change, i feel it screws my Isles. Having to play the 30 games of their schedule against NYR, WAS, PITT, NJ, and PHI is tough...double tough.

blackholesun
12-06-2011, 04:05 PM
That's going to be one tough division...I mean conference. I don't understand how Tampa and Florida are in the same conference as Boston, Buffalo and the East Canadian teams.

Here's a pretty good look at the geography of the alignment.

http://mit.zenfs.com/206/2011/12/NHL-realignment-map_2011-12-03-Final.png

dogsipod
12-07-2011, 06:51 AM
^^^
Maybe Florida will moved or lose a team. I don't like unequal numbers. It nevers lasts long in sports....and I don't see the NHL expanding with two more teams.

themethatyouknow
12-08-2011, 07:11 AM
I'm seriously pissed that Mark Buerhle is gone from the White Sox. He's easily been my favorite player over the last 10 years and his fast pitching style made the pace of the game so much better to watch. Now because Kenny Williams thought it would be a good idea to have Adam Dunn and Alex Rios at a combined $25 million and a constantly injured Jake Peavy at $16 million, We can't afford to bring back one of the two players that's actually been good consistently on this team. Williams should have had his ass shipped out the door along with Ozzie.

Holy crap, I just noticed they're paying $10 million a year for Juan fucking Pierre.... This team's going to be atrocious for another couple years at least.

Canuckle
12-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Pujols to Angels for 10-years $250 mil

#nuts

leo3375
12-08-2011, 10:26 AM
The Marlins have been going nuts with free-agent signings. Apparently the Angels decided they want to spend like the Marlins have been.

And if it isn't bad enough that Pujols stabbed Cardinals fans in the back and decided to take his talents to Disneyland, CJ Wilson is joining him. CJ accepted a deal for 5 years and "slightly over" $75MM.

The Angels are in Minneapolis April 9–12 for the Twins' Home Opener series. I've gone the past two seasons and still plan on getting a ticket for April 9. I'll have to be a lot more patient this time around to get it. It will be interesting to see how the Twins fans respond to seeing Pujols and CJ on the same team as Torii Hunter, who still gets a huge round of applause at every AB against his former team.

Tums206_BFY
12-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Great Pujols in our division just what the M's needed. Please get Fielder!!!!!! Fuck the Angels!Also fuck Manchester United and Manchester City have a fun time in the Europa League losers ahahahahaha even Chelsea at their worst can still hang with the big boys! Needless to say Arsenal made it through. Thank you Basel and Napoli!

blackholesun
12-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Wow @ Pujols. Just proves everyone has a price. But holy shit. 10 years between 250 and 260 million?! For playing baseball?! I'm clearly in the wrong profession. These ball players are just going to make more and more money. I don't even wanna guess how much money Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain are going to make in the next few years. But I bet they won't up as Giants haha.

Things are dismal for the A's. They are probably going to trade Gio Gonzalez and Trevor Cahill. They let all their free agents walk already. They refuse to do anything until they get a new stadium. They really are alienating fans. I won't be watching them this season.

themethatyouknow
12-08-2011, 01:29 PM
The Marlins have been going nuts with free-agent signings. Apparently the Angels decided they want to spend like the Marlins have been.

And if it isn't bad enough that Pujols stabbed Cardinals fans in the back and decided to take his talents to Disneyland, CJ Wilson is joining him. CJ accepted a deal for 5 years and "slightly over" $75MM.

I honestly can't see how Wilson gets more than Buerhle... Everyone seems to think that he's younger since he's been in the league half as long. but in reality, he's about 18 months younger, and Buerhle has ten years of proof that hes more durable. For some reason, people think that because Wilson didn't do crap until his late 20's, he's going to somehow be better in his thirties. The dude is pretty good, but he's not nearly the sure thing Buerhle is. He should be getting like four years and $55 Million.

Baphomette
12-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom traded for Chris Paul. (http://dimemag.com/2011/12/report-hornets-near-deal-to-send-chris-paul-to-lakers-for-lamar-odom-pau-gasol)

Canuckle
12-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom traded for Chris Paul. (http://dimemag.com/2011/12/report-hornets-near-deal-to-send-chris-paul-to-lakers-for-lamar-odom-pau-gasol)

The NBA is getting stupid... there's a reason why there was a lockout and it's because small market teams can't compete and draw fans. Good to see the NBA is right back at ignoring their product in those markets.

Baphomette
12-08-2011, 08:40 PM
The NBA is getting stupid... there's a reason why there was a lockout and it's because small market teams can't compete and draw fans. Good to see the NBA is right back at ignoring their product in those markets.Now, now - just because a Canadian team will never win an NBA championship doesn't mean you need to hate on the whole league.

And it was just announced that the Gasol/Odom/Paul trade is off. (http://dimemag.com/2011/12/breaking-news-monster-3-team-chris-paul-lakers-trade-is-off)

Sources said that a group of NBA owners, assembled in New York for the ratification of the league’s new labor pact with the players, protested vigorously that the league-owned Hornets were trading Paul to the star-studded Lakers and convinced NBA commissioner David Stern to intervene.

Canuckle
12-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Now, now - just because a Canadian team will never win an NBA championship doesn't mean you need to hate on the whole league.

And it was just announced that the Gasol/Odom/Paul trade is off. (http://dimemag.com/2011/12/breaking-news-monster-3-team-chris-paul-lakers-trade-is-off)

Now, now - just because I'm Canadian doesn't mean you have to assume I'm secretly angry about the Raptors. :)

The NBA is 4th on my North American professional sports totem poll; I just dislike seeing leagues hurt fans by trying to resolve a fundamental issue with the game, only to have that solution be window dressing. While I agree that Stern and the owner's don't have the right to veto the trade, I don't mind it.

But what a bad day for the NBA overall. The CP3 trade kibosh, Net's tampering with Howard, Roy retiring...

Good think the NHL is going strong!

dogsipod
12-09-2011, 05:45 PM
the problem with the NBA is the same thing problem with every sport. There are way to many teams.

themethatyouknow
12-09-2011, 05:50 PM
What the hell is the NBA doing? I mean its one thing to veto a trade, but now they're just being silent and not even saying why they did it. Given the fact that Paul was never going to resign in New Orleans, that trade was really pretty good. If the block holds, Paul will still sign with another team next year, but he'll get less money and New Orleans will get nothing.

Thing is, the real problem was with the league taking over a franchise in the first place. As soon as the 29 owners decide to collectively own the 30th team, all hell will inevitably break loose. It was doomed from the start. The only way this resolves at all well is if we find out that the NBA secretly had a buyer lined up for the Hornets and couldn't make the deal while they were finalizing a sale. That would at least make sense. Trouble is, not a single NBA insider has mentioned this so it seems like a one in a million shot. Even after they settle the labor dispute, they can't keep from fucking up their season.

nvr_mind
12-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Watching the Army Vs Navy game. Go Navy! Beat Army!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjwLiqyhvaE&feature=share

A message from my school to the Army. lol

ltrandazzo
12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Watching and reading Pujols' comments about the commitment that Anaheim is making to him fucking infuriates me as a Cardinals fan. He said he wasn't hearing it from the team... I guess the constant quote from the Cards about wanting him to be a Cardinal for the rest of his career, having a statue like Stan Musial... HELL, being compared to Stan Musial wasn't good enough. Whatever. I'm over it now. I'd hoped the guy would be like Jeter and stay with the organization he came up with, who invested and made a commitment to his development and growth as a player... but I guess the only person Albert is concerned about with making a commitment to is himself.

leo3375
12-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Tony, I'm not a Cardinals fan but I do understand your frustration. I'm disappointed because I thought he'd be like Derek Jeter and Joe Mauer by sticking with one team and taking a "hometown discount" to do just that. Now, it just looks like everything he did for the organization and for the city of St. Louis has been nothing more than lip service. If he had a problem with the Cards' front office, why didn't he say anything? If he did leave for the money, I would rather see a player be honest about the Almighty Dollar than say, "it was the best decision for me and my family." (Maybe SoCal has better medical facilities to help his stepdaughter. I don't know. But right now, it seems like he basically followed the dollars.) At least he didn't announce his departure the way LeBron did.

And on another note, Ryan Braun tested positive for synthetic testosterone back in October and is facing a 50-game suspension. He's appealing the ruling, though no player has ever won an appeal. If this is true, he should step up and forfeit his MVP award instead of waiting to see if MLB will forcibly strip him of his title.

blackholesun
12-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Goddamn this is gonna be close between me and BFY. I need 9.29 points from Miles Austin to win. I'm taking a gamble but he is my best option. I have Laurent Robinson too but he just got injured last week and was Austin's injury replacement to begin with. So go Cowboys (it fucking pains me to say that)

blackholesun
12-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Goddamnit Robinson has a TD catch while Miles has one or two catches. Fuuuck.

Edit: Fuck. Robinson has enough points for me to win. This is certainly a brutal lesson.

And the Sharks lost in OT to Chicago.

I'm off.

the duder
12-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Currently down 11.5 points in playoff fantasy football. My fantasy playoff debut in this league after 6 years (!). My opponent has Hakeem Nicks, who is having a decent game. Just hoping Dallas can contain him and keep it in check - my last player is Marshawn Lynch who should go OFF tomorrow night. Heres to hoping!

bgalbraith
12-11-2011, 11:45 PM
MJD is a beast. That is all.

blackholesun
12-12-2011, 01:20 AM
And I win. Turn off the Tv and Miles Austin puts up a good game.

ubermensch
12-12-2011, 01:58 AM
How about those saints? WHO DAT!

Canuckle
12-12-2011, 08:03 AM
Something you guys seem to be missing about the whole Derek Jeter comparison is that the Yankees were willing to pay him well beyond his value...No one was going to come close to matching what the Yankees were going to pay.

And Joe Mauer? The guy got $23 million a year. Joe Mauer is not worth $23 million a year. Of course he was going to accept the deal.

While I agree that Pujols shafted STL SLIGHTY (Seriously, would you not take an extra $30 million dollars?), he also helped the team get two World Series Championships. Which is a lot more then can be said of some shit-jumping superstars...

dogsipod
12-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Holy shit. My fantasy players blew it up this week. Too bad they were all on the fucking bench. Luckily, I managed to eek out the win. First underdog win done. Two more to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lisbeth
12-12-2011, 09:56 AM
WTF Cowboys...WHAT THE FUCK?!!?

Tums206_BFY
12-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Lost my fantasy matchup thanks to 2 Miles Austin catches in the final 40 seconds of the game!!! Entertaining game though especially seeing a nearly deja vu performance from the Cowboys kicker. Sad to see my 7 game streak and playoff run end but after starting out 1-5 I can't complain. That was what a 4-5 matchup was suppose to look like so good job Vinegar!!!!!!!

Btw I can't believe my Hawks play on MNF tonite!!!!!! Rams and Hawks... Im sure someone at ESPN got fired for picking those two teams in what could be one of the lowest watched MNF games of the season but who cares go HAWKS!!!! it'll be a while before we get back on MNF again :) First a Thursday night match up followed by a Monday Night Football matchup man even shitty teams get some primetime looooove! Also Go Chelsea hope you beat Citeeeeeh!

ryanmcfly
12-14-2011, 03:38 PM
I want to go to another Pats game. I flew up to see them beat the Cowboys a couple months ago, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Getting to see Boston was cool and all. But the game is where it was at. Seeing Tom drive the offense down the field like he did in the last two minutes of that game was almost as cool as seeing Nine Inch Nails.

Dra508
12-14-2011, 06:13 PM
I want to go to another Pats game. I flew up to see them beat the Cowboys a couple months ago, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Getting to see Boston was cool and all. But the game is where it was at. Seeing Tom drive the offense down the field like he did in the last two minutes of that game was almost as cool as seeing Nine Inch Nails.OK, This is Kid Charlemagne in disguise, right?

Kid Charlemagne
12-15-2011, 11:58 AM
No, I kind of hate Nine Inch Nails now, and I REALLY hate Tom Brady and the Pats, and I would never go to Boston, it's too cold, I need to be where it's humid. That being said, as much as I hate Brady and the Pats, I really hope they curb stomp the Broncos because Tebowmania is making me lose sleep as a football fan. Besides Dra, if I were to go to Boston, I totally would have told you.

Aaron
12-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Pujols is a jackass, but he was always like that. Besides, as good as he is, it's hard to imagine him being worth $25 million when he's fucking 41. For now, though, paying just about any amount of money for him is not a mistake. The Angels just want to take over Southern California. I'm just worried about the Diamondbacks. The trade for Cahill (why, A's??) just made their rotation competitive with San Francisco's, especially if the Giants lose Lincecum or Cain in the next couple years (unfortunately, it's probably going to happen. The G's payroll can't afford dual aces at market value if they want a better-than-league-worst offense). And all-around the D'backs just have way more minor league depth. That's going to be the battle for NL West next year. And if the Giants can't improve on their offense, they're going to lose again.

Dra508
12-15-2011, 08:27 PM
No, I kind of hate Nine Inch Nails now, and I REALLY hate Tom Brady and the Pats, and I would never go to Boston, it's too cold, I need to be where it's humid. That being said, as much as I hate Brady and the Pats, I really hope they curb stomp the Broncos because Tebowmania is making me lose sleep as a football fan. Besides Dra, if I were to go to Boston, I totally would have told you.Guess your sarcasm meter was off. I guess getting a ticket to Fenway is out?

dogsipod
12-15-2011, 11:22 PM
So the Angels are trying to buy up some fans while the Dodgers are down...and now the Clippers are rocking CP3 and eyeing the lackers ticket sales. WTF!

blackholesun
12-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Big news of last night is that Chris Pronger is going to be out for the rest of the season with severe post-concussion syndrome. This could be it for his career as well. I hate the motherfucker but no one should have their season or career end like this.

Too many good players going down because of this.

Kid Charlemagne
12-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Guess your sarcasm meter was off. I guess getting a ticket to Fenway is out?

I'm sorry man, I've been on edge since last week, it's been a shitty holiday season so far. If I do make it to Fenway, it would be in the summer, cold weather hates me.

Dra508
12-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Big news of last night is that Chris Pronger is going to be out for the rest of the season with severe post-concussion syndrome. This could be it for his career as well. I hate the motherfucker but no one should have their season or career end like this.

Too many good players going down because of this.I agree. Hockey has gotten so fast and hard. The good ol days when guys could barely skate and you got out of the way of a slap shot are over.

On the concussion side, what's this bullshit about McCoy's team not checking him for a concussion after he got crushed? Tap out dude.

EDIT: And I just learned that the NHL doesn't require mouth guards. Optional? Are you kidding me?
24/7 Flyers/Rangers just started. I feel like such a fly on the wall. Both coaches are from Massachusetts so it's slightly more interesting for me. I'm surprised, but not shocked that they both drop f-bombs harder and even more frequently then Boudreau.

Kid - I'm sorry you having a tough season. If you can make it to Fenway, I'll buy you a $10 hot dog and sing Sweet Caroline with you.

themethatyouknow
12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Ryan fucking Matthews FTW!!! Norv kept trying to screw me by putting Tolbert in at the goal line, but my man Matthews wouldn't be denied. Time to get some revenge for the baseball final.

blackholesun
12-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Ah shit I'm set to lose in FF tonight. Basically need 17.2 points but the only player I have going tonight is my kicker. Hoping David Akers kicks like 6 field goals tonight haha.

Goldfoot
12-19-2011, 11:50 AM
I agree. Hockey has gotten so fast and hard. The good ol days when guys could barely skate and you got out of the way of a slap shot are over.

One of the reasons is that they limit the goaltender to that stupid trapezoid behind the net. Since he isn't allowed to go into the corners, players race to get the puck and have a higher chance of getting hurt. Someone has to be done because they've had a crazy number of concussions in the past few years. As was mentioned, Chris Pronger may be done forever, and he's only 37. I don't mind that Crosby isn't playing, but it sucks for him considering he has been out since January (aside from 8 games). And then I have two guys on my fantasy team that are out because of concussions, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more, and I'm sure more are going to occur.

littlemonkey613
12-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Matt Barkley not going to the NFL! Good day to be a Trojan. :D Can't wait for SC's next season

Dra508
12-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Fantasy Football -I'm in the loser bracket championship. Who's up for cheering me on against sineater?

I'm putting my virtual money on Fifey to take the ETS championship home with Michael Vick. Oy.

Fifey
12-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Go Dra! And my money is on my guys choking this week. We'll know soon enough though.

themethatyouknow
12-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Damn it! Tony Romo's hand his some dude's helmet on the first drive and my fantasy season goes down in flames. I probably was going to lose anyway, but at least it could have been close enough to make every Devin Hester put return interesting tomorrow night.

Anyway, congrats to Fifey. His team was on top all year and deserves the title.

Fifey
12-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Damn it! Tony Romo's hand his some dude's helmet on the first drive and my fantasy season goes down in flames. I probably was going to lose anyway, but at least it could have been close enough to make every Devin Hester put return interesting tomorrow night.

Anyway, congrats to Fifey. His team was on top all year and deserves the title.

Thanks. It feels dirty to have done it with Mike Vick though. I feel like I have to go donate some money to the humane society now.

LIONS make the playoffs, and if Green Bay rests their injured guys and some other starters, they could finish 11-5 only 3 years after going 0-16. Stafford sets the team records for TDs, Yards, and looks ready to lead the Lions to a playoff win or two (or four if the world really is coming to an end)

YKWYA
12-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Is it just me or did the Lancaster Giants make a late surge? But why does it still say 1-12? Damnit? Those wins mean a lot! :D

I have really enjoyed watching this season. Im thnking New England vs Green Bay re-match in the Superbowl? Im probably biased on that one though. Im looking forward to watching the Saints tonight.

Fixer808
12-27-2011, 02:25 AM
5-3 Vancouver over the Oilers tonight. SEE YOU IN HELL, EDMON-SCUM!!

Lisbeth
01-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Fucking Cowboys

That is all.

poinoup
01-07-2012, 01:12 PM
First meeting between the Canucks and Bruins since the Stanley Cup finals last year, and they've already handed out 62 penalty minutes in the first period. Great to see the 'nucks pushing back again the Bruins a lot more. Show some grit boys!

"Just another game" eh?

Also, Lucic is not suspended for running one of the best goalies in the league, but may get 10 if they decide he left the bench to join the clusterfuck in front of the Canucks bench. Possible justice.

Fixer808
01-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Fuckin' Lucic, he's such a tool.

theimage13
01-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Foster. Goddamn. I don't care about any of the teams in the playoffs right now, but that run down the sidelines without stepping out was ri-goddamn-diculous.

Dra508
01-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Fuckin' Lucic, he's such a tool.I missed that game so not sure at the moment why you would say this, but it sort of cracks me up being that he's from Vancouver.

Tums206_BFY
01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Saint Tebow!!!!!

3:16 Yards lol;)

Kid Charlemagne
01-08-2012, 10:33 PM
My Tebowner is so huge right now.

YKWYA
01-09-2012, 01:32 PM
That was a pretty awesome performance, especially after the Chiefs game. But, I think the Steelers have been pretty below par this season. Losing to everyone that mattered. Probably only the Falcons that mattered, they managed to overcome.

Pleased the Giants got through. Playing like that I think they could beat the Packers, having come close earlier in the season.

But what about the Saints? The Lions were pretty good, apart from their run game. I think they could go all the way.

And, Josh McDaniels back at New England just in time for Denver!

Kid Charlemagne
01-09-2012, 02:52 PM
I can see any four of the NFC teams making the Super Bowl. Giants looked the most impressive, they just dictated the whole pace and Atlanta didn't have a shot. New Orleans looked great, but there was no way they were going to lose at home to a young Detroit team. As for the AFC. I can see Houston making the AFC title game. Baltimore doesn't have an offense, both teams are great defensively, but if Arian Foster plays like he did this past weekend and if Andre Johnson and Yates keep on the same page, I think they can take out the Ravens. Denver played Pittsburgh tough and I don't know if they'll beat New England, but I think it'll be a much closer matchup this time around. I believe in Tebow.

dolemite
01-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Saint Tebow!!!!!

3:16 Yards lol;)

Tebow had multiple 3:16 stats..

316 passing yards
3.16 average yards per pass
31.6 television rating for the 4th quarter (I think that's the percentage of households watching the game...whatever, it's an accurate stat.)

sources:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/tebow-time-the-three-316-references-boffo-tv-ratings-and-lady-gaga-love?urn=nfl,wp15718
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34284646

Dra508
01-14-2012, 07:17 AM
Watching highlights of The Celtics/Bulls game, wow Derrick Rose is amazing.

Aaron
01-14-2012, 08:51 PM
That was the best game of the season. Perhaps the best, craziest game I've ever watched. If you don't know which one I'm talking about, shame on you. I wish I could cry in Harbaugh's arms right now like Vernon Davis did.

NotoriousTIMP
01-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Haha, the Pats are beating up the Broncos so badly it's sad.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Kid Charlemagne
01-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Christ, neither of the teams I wanted to win succeeded. The Pats took it to Denver. I thought Denver would have game planned better, but they flat out never showed up. I just hope the Giants and Texans can take care of business tomorrow or else I'll probably be bored next wekend.

Dra508
01-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Boo hoo Kid Charlemagne - Boo Brady Hoo.

AgentofChaos
01-15-2012, 11:26 AM
For what it's worth here's a great article from Vice.com that pretty much eloquently sums up exactly why I am extremely thankful to be rid of Tebow and why I dislike him so much. As tragic as what happened to the Saints was, my sadness was offset from the happiness of watching Brady go to town on his ignorant, shitty ass.

Dogmageddon - Tebow 3:16

By Rick Paulas

http://assets.vice.com/content-images/contentimage/no-slug/f02aae6a0fdd120cb62e3c51941c018b.jpg

Since there’s a good chance this will be the last chance until next
season he’ll be a viable topic: We need to talk about (fucking) Tim
Tebow now.

Last weekend I made the decision to head to a sports bar, drop a wad of
cash on cheap beer and artery-clogging delicacies, and view a football
game in which I didn’t have a rooting interest. This is a rare
occurrence for me. The whole point was to witness Tebow’s
sure-to-be-reckoning with a stout Steelers defense, in the midst of
actual Broncos fans, so I could savor their inevitable tears and cries
to the deity above.

Of course, none of that happened. Tebow came through once again, one
might say miraculously, in the greatest performance of his career. But
while I didn’t get to satisfy my craving to view his fall from grace, I
still left the bar in a state of contentment. I was actually happy he
was going to be around one more week. To me, he’s become the equivalent
of a WWE heel: you want them there to root against.

And I wasn’t alone. Not a single person in that bar was on the fence
about Tebow—he was either loved (predominantly by Broncos fans) or
despised (by most everyone else). Which is shocking because, by all
accounts, he’s the most boring motherfucker ever to strap on a helmet.

His post-game press conferences are predictable to the point where you
can simply copy-and-paste old transcripts and swap in new teams/players.
His athleticism is so pedestrian that there’s a high percentage of
half-drunk armchair quarterbacks who think they can play better than him
(they can’t, obviously, but still). He’s never been part of a sex
scandal, due to the fact he’s never had sex (he’s “saving himself for
marriage”). He’s never been arrested for fighting dogs, or accused of
rape (unlike, say, the quarterback I was rooting for against
Tebow). He tries hard in practice, proverbially “leaves it all on the
field,” and exudes a refreshing level of humility that’s rare in
professional sports. In a vacuum, he’d be the most beloved figure in the
game today.

But he’s not. Thus is the inherent divisiveness of religious beliefs.

It’s not that Tebow’s simply a believer—with the various pre-game group
prayers, instinctual points towards the sky, and “shout-outs” to The
Jesus at the top of every victory speech, it’s safe to say athletes are a
pro-religious bunch. It’s that he uses his celebrity to promote his
religious beliefs; i.e., to tell other people what to do.

Star in a Super Bowl commercial for Focus on the Family, the social
conservative group that spends their time hating gays and getting all up
in the business of what ladies do with their bodies, and it doesn’t
matter how pleasant you are, your skill set, or what charitable work you
do in the offseason. All of that’s tainted because you’ve aligned
yourself with a bigoted and sexist organization. Stick Bible passages in
your eye black for national TV cameras to pick up (as he did while at
Florida), and that might just seem like a benign way to promote your
fandom, the same as wearing your friend’s band’s T-shirt or signing an
online petition to bring back Community. But it’s really in the
same shit-stirring realm as burning the American flag or sticking an
anti-Occupy bumper sticker on your Jaguar. You can do so, sure. Free
speech and all. But it makes you a dick. It’s an act of aggression that
ultimately leads to more accumulated hate than love in the world, which
seems antithetical to that whole WWJD way of life. Hence, why people
root against him.

themethatyouknow
01-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Bye Joe pa, It really would have been better if you didn't ignore those kids being raped... but bye...

theimage13
01-22-2012, 10:16 AM
I did sound for Paterno's last season opener pep rally this year. To be honest, I'd never even heard of him before that day. And truthfully, he didn't really seem to actually do anything to whip the crowd up - they just kind of exploded at the mere sight of him. I don't think I'll ever understand his legacy, but clearly, he will be missed. Here's hoping people don't shit on him too much in the days to come.

Kid Charlemagne
01-22-2012, 10:23 AM
I would feel differently had anything in the past three months (or years) not happened. Joe Pa was an icon and time will tell what will happen to his legacy, honestly if Reggie Bush is stricken from record books, so should Paterno. But he lost all of life's meaning when he got fired. Then the news came out that he was battleing a form of Cancer, and now he's passed away. Very quick succession for what just happened. Had nothing happened with Sandusky, this guy is still alive and is on the sidelines in August.

YKWYA
01-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Patriots in the Superbowl! Dra didn't pay me to say that either. ;)

Amaro
01-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Booooo!!!!!

Kid Charlemagne
01-22-2012, 08:17 PM
I fucking hate San Francisco, I hope New England boatraces them in two weeks. Fuck Alex Smith, Fuck Coach H, and MOTHERFUCK Vernon "fatass" Davis.

Torgo
01-22-2012, 10:11 PM
It's a bad day to be a Harbaugh.

Kid Charlemagne
01-22-2012, 10:25 PM
I fucking hate San Francisco, I hope New England boatraces them in two weeks. Fuck Alex Smith, Fuck Coach H, and MOTHERFUCK Vernon "fatass" Davis.
My current self hates my past self for typing that and blowing his load early.

Tums206_BFY
01-22-2012, 10:44 PM
A rematch of a good Superbowl a few years ago. Both the Giants and Patriots deserve to be there though both teams they beat pretty much beat themselves or gift wrapped victories for them. Should be a fun game never the less but now we gotta hear this whole New York vs Boston Bullshit for the next two weeks (Yes I know New England represents the region but lets be real) and its not even spring yet. Jim Harbaugh btw where are you now big man? where those nifty quotes or shit grins? His press Conference just says everything I need to know about him.

Kid Charlemagne
01-22-2012, 11:47 PM
A rematch of a good Superbowl a few years ago. Both the Giants and Patriots deserve to be there though both teams they beat pretty much beat themselves or gift wrapped victories for them. Should be a fun game never the less but now we gotta hear this whole New York vs Boston Bullshit for the next two weeks (Yes I know New England represents the region but lets be real) and its not even spring yet. Jim Harbaugh btw where are you now big man? where those nifty quotes or shit grins? His press Conference just says everything I need to know about him.
All this is really proving is that talking a big game doesn't mean shit. Look at both Coughlin and Billy B. They use an old school approach to the game, strict play callers, NO BS guys, they don't play to anyone but themselves, they're all business. Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, Tony Dungy, Mike McCarthy, Coughlin, Belichick, all these guys are play callers and plain football coaches, they've also won Super Bowls. Now you have guys like the Harbaughs, Jim Schwartz, and Rex Ryan who are all talk, guys that pride themselves more on talking than coaching. They have good seasons, but can't win big ones, they have teams who are not disciplined and it shows in big games. They get outmatched and out played, and we saw perfect examples of that today. I don't like the hoodie at all, but I would rather be coached by his approach, a master of the game rather than some guy who just talks and makes the players do all the work. There are more new school coaches in the game, but the elder approach is working best, always has.

YKWYA
01-23-2012, 05:50 AM
I don't like the hoodie at all, but I would rather be coached by his approach, a master of the game rather than some guy who just talks and makes the players do all the work. There are more new school coaches in the game, but the elder approach is working best, always has.

I love the Hoodie. I think his approach is one of the greatest in all of sports. Especially his ability to take on 'problem' players. 6 or 7 Superbowls - winning 5. 7 odd Championship Games. 16 - 0. He is one hell of a coach.

Looks like Coughlin is going to be around for a while. I was listening to the Giants.com radio, at the beginning of the season and some of the callers were talking 'fire Coughlin, get rid of Eli' etc etc. Now they go through the Falcons, Packers and 49ers. Its annoying that when they are on it, they can beat anyone, but when they have their off days - its bad.

If the Giants beat the Patriots (which I dont think they will this time) wont they have the worst record (9-7) for a Supberbowl winning team since they won it in 2007 (10 -6 ) and the Packers last year?

Canuckle
01-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Ugh....

I'm not looking to two weeks of NY/BOS media coverage for the Super Bowl. Time to have the "Eli is elite" dildo shoved down our throats for 14 days...

Dra508
01-23-2012, 10:30 AM
YKWYA - what did I promise you if The Pat's went all the way?

YKWYA
01-23-2012, 12:20 PM
http://apictureplace.com/frames/brady.jpg
YEEEEAAAAHHHH!

:D

Ruined
01-23-2012, 01:11 PM
All this is really proving is that talking a big game doesn't mean shit. Look at both Coughlin and Billy B. They use an old school approach to the game, strict play callers, NO BS guys, they don't play to anyone but themselves, they're all business. Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, Tony Dungy, Mike McCarthy, Coughlin, Belichick, all these guys are play callers and plain football coaches, they've also won Super Bowls. Now you have guys like the Harbaughs, Jim Schwartz, and Rex Ryan who are all talk, guys that pride themselves more on talking than coaching. They have good seasons, but can't win big ones, they have teams who are not disciplined and it shows in big games. They get outmatched and out played, and we saw perfect examples of that today. I don't like the hoodie at all, but I would rather be coached by his approach, a master of the game rather than some guy who just talks and makes the players do all the work. There are more new school coaches in the game, but the elder approach is working best, always has.

Eh, what the fuck are you talking about? Jim Harbaugh turned a 6-10 into a 13-3 team with virtually the same players from the aforementioned 6-10 team. Further, he took them within moments of the Superbowl. Hell, he's likely to be coach of the year and deserves it: Unlike Ryan, etc., he didn't talk or make guarantees; he won. Did you even see the play-off game in which the 49ers beat the Saints? Hell, they went to-to-toe with the likely eventual Superbowl champs who completely dismantled a supposedly unbeatable Green Bay team on their home-turf. The Giants are no joke; but, neither are the 49ers. Also, you mention "old school football?" Uh, that's what the 49ers are now known for playing: Rugged defense, special teams and running the ball (did you not see Manning get sacked 6 times or a running back get so hard that his mouthpiece went flying?). Save for two bone-head plays by the same player, that team is in the Superbowl; coaching had nothing to do with those mistakes. For fuck's sake, the 49ers were down to 2 wide-receivers and only one real receiving threat (Davis) who showed up and caught the team's only two touchdowns. Despite that loss, the future looks bright for the 49ers: They are one of the youngest teams in the league, they will have another year with the same coaching staff, their quarterback is clearly improving and there will be organizational continuity for the first time in a decade. So, for people (like you) who try to find some random reason to hate the 49ers, too bad: They are going to be in the Superbowl mix for the foreseeable future.

Kid Charlemagne
01-23-2012, 01:39 PM
No they won't. They have all the looks of a flash in the pan team. Most of their big defensive players are on the wrong side of thirty, and you honestly think this team who's best offensive player is their tight end is going to be a force? Alex Smith had a passable season, but you're crazy if you think a guy who only passed for 17 TD's this year is a bonafide leader. Sure Frank Gore can run the ball, but you're going to need more. And don't give me excuses about their two wide receiver set. None of those WR's are worth mentioning and they could be interchangeable. People fall in love with teams like this all the time, it's like the Bears last year, and Arizona recently. Those Kyle Williams mistakes have plenty to do with coaching. Williams should have known to either fall on the ball the first time or not make contact, furthermore, Harbaugh should have had someone else return after that first mistake.

Talk all they want about how they came "so close", they didn't get it done, and they had plenty of chances considering the mistakes of NY's secondary, and the fact that Eli Manning played an average game. Harbaugh and his brother are in the same group of coaches with Rex Ryan and Jim Schwartz, sure they want to show off how tough their teams are and how they'll play smash mouth football, but you can't be the player's friend, you have to be a leader, and a coach. I know you're probably bent out of shape since you're making fanboy excuses for San Fran, it's understandable, but as someone who looks at it as a whole, you need to realize that the new school approach to coaching isn't exactly a winning formula in the post season. The only guy who comes close is Mike Tomlin, and even then that's a guy who uses the same approach John Gruden (who he studied under) to win, which is a very no BS, strict way of play calling, not "mental toughness".

I love the Hoodie. I think his approach is one of the greatest in all of sports. Especially his ability to take on 'problem' players. 6 or 7 Superbowls - winning 5. 7 odd Championship Games. 16 - 0. He is one hell of a coach.

Looks like Coughlin is going to be around for a while. I was listening to the Giants.com radio, at the beginning of the season and some of the callers were talking 'fire Coughlin, get rid of Eli' etc etc. Now they go through the Falcons, Packers and 49ers. Its annoying that when they are on it, they can beat anyone, but when they have their off days - its bad.

If the Giants beat the Patriots (which I dont think they will this time) wont they have the worst record (9-7) for a Supberbowl winning team since they won it in 2007 (10 -6 ) and the Packers last year?Hoodie is a hell of a coach, I may not like the Pats, but I respect him and he's the opposite of a guy like Ryan or the Harbaughs in that he doesn't put himself on the front line, he's secretive, hell, he doesn't even let information about his contract leak. He shows little emotion, he doesn't have to say anything, he calls the plays and players respect him because he's smart and knows how to utilize them.

Coughlin is almost the same way, he shows some emotion though, but he's a play caller, makes adjustments, and calls plays accordingly.

And to answer your question, it looks as if the Giants do win, they would indeed have the worst record for a SB winning team at 9-7.

Torgo
01-23-2012, 02:56 PM
I was watching the Pats v Ravens game yesterday with my boyfriend, and I could NOT get the idea out of my head that Tom Brady is the spitting image of a more attractive Dexter Morgan. It's a little weird. Does anyone else get this?... Or am I just weird?

YKWYA
01-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Hoodie is a hell of a coach, I may not like the Pats, but I respect him and he's the opposite of a guy like Ryan or the Harbaughs in that he doesn't put himself on the front line, he's secretive, hell, he doesn't even let information about his contract leak. He shows little emotion, he doesn't have to say anything, he calls the plays and players respect him because he's smart and knows how to utilize them.

Im new to the NFL, but I must admit, that kind of professional execution in NE is incredible to me.

Im relatively new to the NFL. I downloaded the Americas Game series, watched all of it, and went from there. And wow, what a match up the Bellichick/Coughlin game is - all derived from Parcells. Awesome stuff.

New England are going to win. Of course. ;)

Kid Charlemagne
01-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Bill Parcells' coaching tree is nuts. Per Wikipedia, this is what it looks like:
As of 2011, former Parcells assistants who are currently head coaches in either the NFL or the college ranks include:

Bill Belichick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Belichick), New England Patriots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots)
Tom Coughlin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Coughlin), New York Giants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Giants)
Sean Payton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Payton), New Orleans Saints (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_Saints)
Mike MacIntyre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_MacIntyre), San Jose State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose_State)
Charlie Weis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Weis), University of Kansas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Kansas)
Romeo Crennel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romeo_Crennel), Kansas City Chiefs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs)

In addition, former Parcells assistants who previously served as NFL or College head coaches include:

Ray Handley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Handley), New York Giants (1991–92)
Chris Palmer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Palmer_%28football_coach%29), Cleveland Browns (1999–2000)
Al Groh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Groh), New York Jets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Jets) (2000), University of Virginia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Virginia) (2001–2009)
Eric Mangini (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Mangini), New York Jets (2006-2008), Cleveland Browns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Browns) (2009–2010)
Tony Sparano (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Sparano), Miami Dolphins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Dolphins) (2008-2011)

That's a shit ton of wins between all of them. I'm always sort of amazed at Coughlin, homeboy always saves his job just when it looks like he's about to get canned. Dude won the Super Bowl only four years ago and up until October, looked like he was going to be out, then bam he's safe for at least another two years. I love New York, even as a Cowboys fan, there's part of me that has always had a soft spot for the Giants, even when they had Kerry Collins back in Super Bowl XXXV. Blame it on the fact that I live in TX and I see a shit ton of NFC East games, the Giants always had games on here and always underachieved, like myself. It's a weird attachment to them, but I'll always root for them when they aren't playing the boys with the Star.

YKWYA
01-23-2012, 06:57 PM
the Giants always had games on here and always underachieved, like myself. It's a weird attachment to them, but I'll always root for them when they aren't playing the boys with the Star.

I feel the same. I really do. I bought 4 shirts this season = 2 patriots shirts. 1 NY and one Steelers (my brother loves them). To be honest, I have to apologise, after what I know now, for the years I did not treat the NFL with the respect it deserves. The thing that gets me ( as an English football fan) is the respect you all have for the GAME rather than the horrible tribal stuff that afflicts the European soccer game.

Kid Charlemagne
01-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Believe me, there are some bad fans out there. Just look at the Twitter and Facebook pages for Kyle Williams and Billy Cundiff, it's littered with with hooligans threatening people's lives all because of a mistake that cost their team any shot at winning. Growing up in South Texas, you're made to love football or at least respect it. I only played for one game in high school, but I've been watching the sport since I was in diapers, so along with watching plenty of Cowboys game each passing year, I try to keep a wide view of the league as a whole. There's teams I loathe (Steelers, Redskins, and Vikings), but that's with anything. Hence I guess why I like the Giants and Jets despite me not having anything to do with New York at all. I'm pretty much obsessed with the NFL and honestly don't know how I would have lived had the season been locked out.

Dra508
01-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Tim Thomas is a tool.

Tim Thomas declines to attend White House ceremony (http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2012/01/tim_thomas_decl.html)

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government. Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL."

I'm truly disappointed. It'd be one thing if he was an individual athlete and won the US Open or something and flipped the President the bird not showing up, but YOU'RE ON A FUCKING TEAM. The rest of the team showed up, suck it up, and stand in the back. If it was me, and Richard Nixon was fucking president I'd still show up with my team. What a douche truck.

I'm going to go with it's because he's from east patookah Michigan (no offense allergo) cause I don't see a Vermont Catamount doing this.

YKWYA
01-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Believe me, there are some bad fans out there. Just look at the Twitter and Facebook pages for Kyle Williams and Billy Cundiff, it's littered with with hooligans threatening people's lives all because of a mistake that cost their team any shot at winning. Growing up in South Texas, you're made to love football or at least respect it. I only played for one game in high school, but I've been watching the sport since I was in diapers, so along with watching plenty of Cowboys game each passing year, I try to keep a wide view of the league as a whole. There's teams I loathe (Steelers, Redskins, and Vikings), but that's with anything. Hence I guess why I like the Giants and Jets despite me not having anything to do with New York at all. I'm pretty much obsessed with the NFL and honestly don't know how I would have lived had the season been locked out.

I have to say, I think Jimmy Johnson was a genius with the 90's Cowboys, and I admire them a lot. Aikman was awesome. Not so sure about Jones though. He needs to be removed from the GM role in my opinion.

Why do you loathe the Steelers, though? Im interested from an outsiders point of view. I see Noll, and Bradshaw, Greene, Blount, etc. And now the 2000 team?

I am a New England fan though. I love Bellichick, and Brady and their work ethic. I also plan on moving there in the next few years. I have to get to New England. But thats another story.

What do you think of the Colts situation? To me, it seems pretty arrogant of Irsay to dismiss everyone who made the organisation what it is 'today'. Polians, any connection to Dungy, Saturday looking at retiring, and all of the decisions made without sitting down with Manning? And it all seems to be because they think they are going to pick up Luck and be off to the Superbowl again? Is it just me, or am I missing how many other teams came off of a Great Quaterback/Coach, picked 1st and went straight into another championship era? Some did it by sitting a Quaterback behind the Starter in the existing system, but the Colts?

What I mean about the fans though is this kind of stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tYwziwcwUk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv6qCSXmp04

European Football/Soccer 'fans' are ugly. Real ugly at times. Outside the stadium and inside.

Im also thinking about getting into MLB now the NFL is winding down. Ive watched a few videos so far, but wondered if anyone had any pointers? The Franchise got me into Tim Lincecum and the SF Giants? Boston Red Sox would be an easy choice, but Im just looking forward into discovering something else new.....

Tim Thomas is a tool.

Tim Thomas declines to attend White House ceremony (http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2012/01/tim_thomas_decl.html)

I'm truly disappointed. It'd be one thing if he was an individual athlete and won the US Open or something and flipped the President the bird not showing up, but YOU'RE ON A FUCKING TEAM.

I saw that, and I agree. I cant seem to get into NHL, but in any TEAM sport that's a bullshit move.

Kid Charlemagne
01-25-2012, 05:19 PM
I have to say, I think Jimmy Johnson was a genius with the 90's Cowboys, and I admire them a lot. Aikman was awesome. Not so sure about Jones though. He needs to be removed from the GM role in my opinion.

Why do you loathe the Steelers, though? Im interested from an outsiders point of view. I see Noll, and Bradshaw, Greene, Blount, etc. And now the 2000 team?

I am a New England fan though. I love Bellichick, and Brady and their work ethic. I also plan on moving there in the next few years. I have to get to New England. But thats another story.

What do you think of the Colts situation? To me, it seems pretty arrogant of Irsay to dismiss everyone who made the organisation what it is 'today'. Polians, any connection to Dungy, Saturday looking at retiring, and all of the decisions made without sitting down with Manning? And it all seems to be because they think they are going to pick up Luck and be off to the Superbowl again? Is it just me, or am I missing how many other teams came off of a Great Quaterback/Coach, picked 1st and went straight into another championship era? Some did it by sitting a Quaterback behind the Starter in the existing system, but the Colts?

What I mean about the fans though is this kind of stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tYwziwcwUk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv6qCSXmp04

European Football/Soccer 'fans' are ugly. Real ugly at times. Outside the stadium and inside.

Im also thinking about getting into MLB now the NFL is winding down. Ive watched a few videos so far, but wondered if anyone had any pointers? The Franchise got me into Tim Lincecum and the SF Giants? Boston Red Sox would be an easy choice, but Im just looking forward into discovering something else new.....

I saw that, and I agree. I cant seem to get into NHL, but in any TEAM sport that's a bullshit move.
You're quickly becoming one of my absolute favorite posters. Seriously.

As far as the Cowboys go. They have Herschel Walker to thank. That trade brought in a handful of that talent that led the boys to three Super Bowls. Jimmy Johnson was a hell of a coach and Jerry Jones almost looks like a genius in hindsight. Then again, it was the 90's, no salary cap and JJ could go out and afford whoever the fuck he wanted which helped. He took a chance on players that other teams saw as poisonous and it worked. You had leaders like Smith, Aikman, and Irvin who could get the squad going when it counted. I can go on and on about the Cowboys teams of the 90's, so I'll stop before I get into how that offensive line was 10 years ahead of its time.

Regarding the Steelers, the Cowboys and Steelers used to have a huge rivalry in the 70's both racking up multiple Super Bowls, both teams claim to be America's Team, and there's never any loveloss. Though I must say there was a point in the early 00's where I kind of tooted for them, back when Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox were trading snaps, hell I even liked Roethilisberger when he came in the league before he established himself as a Sandusky figure of legal females. Not liking the Steelers as a Cowboys fan is the same for not liking the 49er's or Packers but those respective teams and their fans see themselves as hot shit and the team that defines the NFL.

As far as the Colts go, it's getting messy. I'm in the camp that thinks Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect since Manning, but they just need to come out and say "we're taking Luck, this is what we're going for in the future". They've already gotten rid of their coaching staff and front office, so clearly they want to go out in a different direction, but have all but said it. It's a shame too because Peyton Manning was the best QB I watched. Brady has the wind sure and he'll go down as the GOAT, but the way Peyton played, he made it look like an art form and could change the play and confuse the defenders. He had some of the best mechanics of any athlete I've seen and not watching him this year was a loss for me because I honestly enjoyed watching Peyton pick apart teams and add to a legacy that is as clean as anything in this world of dirty tricks and such. Ideally they should pick Luck and have him sit at least a year behind Peyton, even Aaron Rodgers waited three years behind Brett Favre before he got his shot. Then again, Peyton Manning was a starter right away, as was Troy Aikman and in a way Ben Roethilisberger and Cam Newton. Like I said though Luck is almost a sure thing, he's a guy who would've been #1 last year, went back to school, and is still a #1 pick. Ask Jake Locker and Matt Leinart how staying an extra year worked out for them.

I see your points about Euro Soccer fans, there aren't many riots in the states as far as teams go, last big one I remember was the Lakers winning the 2000 NBA Finals, but that was it. I don't think American fans go to those extremes, I'd like to think they're more bark than bite honestly.

As far as an MLB team, as long as it's not the Yankees. Dra and I are Red Sox fans (she actually is from the area, while I became a fan because my dad bought me a Sox jersey when I was nine, it was a Mo Vaughn jersey). I also like Philadelphia too. Loved those guys when they had Lenny "brokeass" Dykstra and glad that they have Jim Thome back since I can pull out my old Thome Phillies jersey I used to rock in middle and high school. One team that's on the rise is Detroit, I can see them winning a World Series or two now with Prince Fielder and the fact that they have the best pitcher in the world with Justin Verlander, I love that kid, watching him pitch games is like watching Peyton Manning on the field going to town on defenders. The Giants are alright I guess. I do love Lincecum, kid's a beast and if he had some bats, he would win more games.

themethatyouknow
01-25-2012, 06:42 PM
Okay this Colts- Manning Thing is Pissing me off. There is ONE I repeat ONE Reasonable football move to make here. The 28 million doesn't matter and the loyalty doesn't matter. There's only one thing to do. You have to cut Payton loose and rebuild. The reality is that this team can't win a super bowl in the next three years even if they have the greatest quarterback of all time leading them. That team was crappy even before they got old. Now they're both and they act like Payton coming back will solve everything. It'll solve them having a losing record, but they'll still be 9-7. How does that help? And he'll get no help because they have to draft Luck with the first pick. If you bring him back the team still sucks. Therefore you have no choice but to move on and draft Luck(who looks like a bigger Aaron Rodgers). Because there is nothing left for Manning to come back to. His days are over there, and a couple of 9-7 seasons while standing in Luck's way won't help his life or his career.

Kid Charlemagne
01-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Manning also needs to worry about his health. He's got all the money in the world and will gain a nice income from whatever he does, whether he becomes a commentator, pitchman, whatever. It's a pride thing at this point, but a guy with three neck surgeries in 19 months has to worry about if he takes another big shot that could prevent him from walking again. I think he needs to retire maybe, like you said with him, they're a 9-7 team, and he's on his way out anyway.

themethatyouknow
01-25-2012, 07:05 PM
I totally agree with you on his health, but that's the part that I don't think he'll ever agree with. Players get to be great by thinking they are great. And I doubt Peyton can really grasp that his life's health is in danger because he's spent the last 30 years convincing himself he's invincible. That's why they need to just cut him loose. He's not going to quit. That's why They can do the best by him and by themselves by just moving on.

Kid Charlemagne
01-25-2012, 09:23 PM
This is sort of off topic from Manning, but I was listening to the radio the past two days and it looks as if there's a conspiracy against Tim Tebow from playing in the Pro-Bowl. As it stands, your QB's for the AFC are Ben Roethilisberger, Philip Rivers, and Andrew Dalton subbing for Tom Brady. Now Big Ben has had nagging injuries and if he sits out, chances are the next alternate would be Tebow, but there have been reports of players lobbying for Ben to stay in the game because they don't want Tebow passing to them and some just don't like how the season has revolved around him. To me it makes sense, obviously towards the end of the season Ben wasn't 100% and int he wild card game it was apparent he wasn't right because he was hardly getting out of the pocket. So one would think since he's not healthy and hasn't been for the majority of the year that he should sit out a meaningless game.

scotty79
01-27-2012, 03:48 PM
big Ayrshire derby tomorrow, most of you, infact probably all of you won't know what that is or even care but it's Kilmarnock v Ayr utd in the Scottish communities cup semi final, first game between the teams to ever be played outside a home stadium, need to get up early for this one to travel up to Glasgow in plenty of time for a few drinks before heading to hampden for the big game, should be a great day out and hopefully a win for the killie

Ruined
01-28-2012, 08:44 PM
No they won't. They have all the looks of a flash in the pan team. Most of their big defensive players are on the wrong side of thirty, and you honestly think this team who's best offensive player is their tight end is going to be a force? Alex Smith had a passable season, but you're crazy if you think a guy who only passed for 17 TD's this year is a bonafide leader. Sure Frank Gore can run the ball, but you're going to need more. And don't give me excuses about their two wide receiver set. None of those WR's are worth mentioning and they could be interchangeable. People fall in love with teams like this all the time, it's like the Bears last year, and Arizona recently. Those Kyle Williams mistakes have plenty to do with coaching. Williams should have known to either fall on the ball the first time or not make contact, furthermore, Harbaugh should have had someone else return after that first mistake.

Talk all they want about how they came "so close", they didn't get it done, and they had plenty of chances considering the mistakes of NY's secondary, and the fact that Eli Manning played an average game. Harbaugh and his brother are in the same group of coaches with Rex Ryan and Jim Schwartz, sure they want to show off how tough their teams are and how they'll play smash mouth football, but you can't be the player's friend, you have to be a leader, and a coach. I know you're probably bent out of shape since you're making fanboy excuses for San Fran, it's understandable, but as someone who looks at it as a whole, you need to realize that the new school approach to coaching isn't exactly a winning formula in the post season. The only guy who comes close is Mike Tomlin, and even then that's a guy who uses the same approach John Gruden (who he studied under) to win, which is a very no BS, strict way of play calling, not "mental toughness".

Hoodie is a hell of a coach, I may not like the Pats, but I respect him and he's the opposite of a guy like Ryan or the Harbaughs in that he doesn't put himself on the front line, he's secretive, hell, he doesn't even let information about his contract leak. He shows little emotion, he doesn't have to say anything, he calls the plays and players respect him because he's smart and knows how to utilize them.

Coughlin is almost the same way, he shows some emotion though, but he's a play caller, makes adjustments, and calls plays accordingly.

And to answer your question, it looks as if the Giants do win, they would indeed have the worst record for a SB winning team at 9-7.

Uh, yes, they will. It's an amazing group with a core of young players (aside from Justin Smith, most are in their early 20's, check your facts). Also, I love when people use the "fan-boy" excuse for their attack on another person's opinion. I failed to check your state of origin and YOUR fan-boy reaction as a Cowboy fan now makes sense. Of course the Niners will always fail in your biased Texan opinion. Talk about teams on the way down: The Cowboys had their chance and have failed due to their idiot owner doing his best Al Davis impersonation, not to mention a choker of an over-hyped qb. Also, saying that a lack of receiver is no excuse for lack of offense is pretty weak, like much of your post. Stop coming off like the NFL guru, Mel Kiper Jr., because you are clearly not that. As for the Superbowl, one team is old school--NY. New England is far from it: They are like the run-and-shoot Lions of the Wayne Fontes era. They have a pass-only offense with running as an after-thought and they are LAST in defense. That's pathetic and will get them beat: They are the AFC equivalent of the Packers and we already saw how the Giants did them. Brady will be lucky to make it through the game, with that pass rush ignoring their useless run game and making a b-line for the qb. This could get ugly.

Bonedwarf
01-29-2012, 12:23 AM
I'd like to say the Daytona 24hr is going on right now. I am a racing nut. And I know this post will sink without a trace.

As you were.

Kid Charlemagne
01-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Carlos Rogers, Madieu Williams, and Takeo Spikes are all in their 30's, those three had as big as an impact as anyone on their defense. I don't even care what you think about the Cowboys either. I picked them to be dead last in their division this season and they finished 8-8 and could've made the playoffs had there been some defensive stops in about five games. Romo had nothing to do with their poor play you fucking idiot, from weeks 5 through 14, he had the best QB rating in the league. Yeah, you're probably still pissed your team lost who cares, now you're bringing up play from a team that didn't make the playoffs, man, you're really convincing. I bet you probably read a newspaper before you typed out that whole post bro. And as for New England playing like Green Bay? Are you forgetting that that their head coach isn't Mike McCarthy and is one of the best in game adjustment play callers of all time? You're an idiot for thinking New York is just going to blow them out.

themethatyouknow
02-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Grantland's Souperbowl may be the greatest use of the NFL off week ever!

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/15767/souper-bowl-i-one-shining-pho-ment

YKWYA
02-05-2012, 07:12 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150655796748455&set=a.496443333454.299439.286845273454&type=1&theater

Is it just me or does the recent photo on the Giants FB page say 'faggots and that dudes knee'? Even after they posted that they were XLVI winners on their official page a couple of days ago?

Surely someone checks these?

Dra508
02-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Go Patriots!

YKWYA
02-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Go Patriots!

Indeed! I think they will get this one done.

theimage13
02-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Go fuck yourselves, Patriots!

Hear, hear!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150655796748455&set=a.496443333454.299439.286845273454&type=1&theater

Is it just me or does the recent photo on the Giants FB page say 'faggots and that dudes knee'? Even after they posted that they were XLVI winners on their official page a couple of days ago?

Surely someone checks these?

It was tagged by a "fan," not the team. I tried reporting it, but you can only report the picture itself, and without comment. Oh well.

Tums206_BFY
02-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I have a feeling the Kitty Halftime show on Puppy Bowl 8 will be better than Madonna's whatever today lol. Anyways I usually don't give a shit about anything that involves NY and Boston cuz its overrated shit but this was an excellent game a few years ago and I expect a good matchup today. So I'll be rooting for the New Jersey Giants I suppose though in reality to me it doesn't matter who wins this just hope for a good nice flowing game. Hope there are some cool commercials. Btw looks like Clam Chowder will win the Grantland Souper Bowl lol.

Btw here are some of the odd bets for todays Superbowl:

Will the National Anthem be Over or Under 1 minute, 34 seconds?

What will Kelly Clarkson wear to sing the National Anthem - Colts Jersey (7/1), Giants Jersey (15/1), Patriots Jersey (15/1), NFL shirt (2/1) or Anything else (1/3)?

Will Kelly Clarkson forget or omit at least 1 word of the official US National Anthem - Yes (2.5/1)?

What color will Madonna's hair be when she begins the Super Bowl Halftime show - Blonde (1/4), Any other color (2.5/1)?

Will Madonna be wearing fishnet stockings at any point during the Halftime show - Yes (1/1), No (1/1)?

What will Madonna be using to start the Super Bowl Halftime show - Headset (1/3), Handheld Microphone (2/1)?

How many times will David Tyree's 2008 Super Bowl catch be shown on TV during the game - More Than 1.5 or Less Than 1.5?

If Tom Brady's son is shown on TV during the game, will he be wearing a Tom Brady jersey - Yes (1/2), No (1/1)?

What color will the Gatorade (or liquid) be that is dumped on the head coach of the winning Super Bowl Team - Clear/Water (3/2), Orange (5/2), Yellow (5/2), Red (13/2), Green (15/2), Blue (10/1)?

Who will the Super Bowl MVP of the game thank first - Teammates (5/4), Coach (12/1), Family (15/2), God (4/1), Owner (5/1) or Does Not Thank Anyone (5/2)?

Will Kelly Clarkson's bare belly be showing when she sings the National Anthem - Yes (3/1)?

How many times will Giselle Bundchen be shown on TV during the game - More than .5 (1/2) or Less Than .5 (1.2/1)?
Along with how many times they'll show Peyton Manning/Mannings . Prediction Well um Giants 24 New England 21.

theimage13
02-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Wait...how do they show someone .5 times? Is that similar to digging half a hole?

YKWYA
02-05-2012, 04:31 PM
If Tom Brady's son is shown on TV during the game, will he be wearing a Tom Brady jersey - Yes (1/2), No (1/1)?

On Patriots Today, he said his kids were at home.

Its either going to be Brady throwing 6 touchdown passes, or its going to be close like against the Ravens.

And forgive me for hoping that the Football Gods, look at the fact that the Giants are 9-7 and if they win, they will have set the record for the team with the worst record ever to win the Superbowl. After setting that last time after beating the 18-0 Patriots while at 10-6. It could also have been very different had Romo not botched a few passes in that final showdown a couple of weeks ago.

Dra508
02-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Bleck

xxxxxxx

leo3375
02-05-2012, 09:24 PM
It was almost like Super Bowl XLII. Almost. Came down to the wire again with the G-Men just sneaking by the Pats. (I've concluded that Gisele is bad luck for Tom Brady.)

Ruined
02-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Congrats to the Giants and their fans. As I've said all along, defense matters. It was pathetic, but not surprising, the way New England's last place defense folded when it counted most. I know they finally gave the easy final touchdown (similar to Green Bay in the the '98 Superbowl, which the Pack lost) because the Patriots gave in and knew their best chance was the offense. So, it was a win for the league, showing a run 'n shoot team can't win the big one. Eli was stellar, as well.

Kid Charlemagne
02-05-2012, 10:21 PM
So Coughlin has gone from hot seat to future hall of famer in the span of three months. That's cool. Eli is clutch though, he just shakes everything off, makes plays, and wins. The way he just sits and back the pocket, doesn't force anything and looks calm is reminiscent of a young Brady. Brady and Woodhead carried that offense, and you could tell Gronkowski was on one leg, he wasn't making cuts or jumps like he usually does. Welker let a couple go and Mario Manningham and Hakeem Nicks were just catching those balls like nothing else. My biggest question is, was it the right play to let Bradshaw score, or do you try your best and hold them to a field goal? In any case, that fourth quarter was a chess match, and if it's any other team in the NFC not named the Giants, New England wins it. Colonel Coughlin, Eli, and the Giants front four have their number. Couldn't be happier for New York, it's all about getting hot at the right time, and nobody does it better.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-05-2012, 10:45 PM
So Coughlin has gone from hot seat to future hall of famer in the span of three months. That's cool. Eli is clutch though, he just shakes everything off, makes plays, and wins. The way he just sits and back the pocket, doesn't force anything and looks calm is reminiscent of a young Brady. Brady and Woodhead carried that offense, and you could tell Gronkowski was on one leg, he wasn't making cuts or jumps like he usually does. Welker let a couple go and Mario Manningham and Hakeem Nicks were just catching those balls like nothing else. My biggest question is, was it the right play to let Bradshaw score, or do you try your best and hold them to a field goal? In any case, that fourth quarter was a chess match, and if it's any other team in the NFC not named the Giants, New England wins it. Colonel Coughlin, Eli, and the Giants front four have their number. Couldn't be happier for New York, it's all about getting hot at the right time, and nobody does it better.

Very well put sir. I completely agree with Eli looking like Brady when he was younger. He no longer scrambles all over the place and fumbles balls everywhere. Complete teamwork for the Giants. The first half the Giants changed a lot of their offense which I think really confused the Patriots for a while.

Kid Charlemagne
02-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Teamwork for the Giants is right. A very good defensive output for the guys, and they were a loaded gun on offense. They may have been the worst rushing team this year, but you never know when Jacobs and Bradshaw will break off for a first down. All three Giants receivers played great, mostly in part to good play calling and Eli's ability to put the ball in tight spaces. I thought they came together in the 4th after they came down to one tight end, you'd be surprised how that changes things on broken plays and 3rd and short plays, and they managed to keep it together. But yeah, they changed their game plan accordingly after every failed series. It's also funny because for the past decade, if there was any team that imploded at the worst time it was New York, they've had seasons where they just collapsed and missed the post season, and now twice, they've gone in, on the brink of missing the playoffs, only to win out.

Sebek
02-05-2012, 11:33 PM
WOO GIANTS! After their strong start they had me worried though, especially towards the middle of the fourth quarter. If Welker makes that big play catch like he usually does the game probably goes the other way. Amazing run this team went on considering they were 7-7. And blah, now we enter February, the black hole month for sports... NBA is meh but maybe this will finally be the Rangers year. GO METS! 2 weeks 'til spring training.

Tums206_BFY
02-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Very good game better than I expected to be honest! Eli was amazing down the stretch and that catch by Manningham was terrific!!!! The Giants are worthy champions!!!!

Great game! The commercials imo were the worst out of any Super Bowl I have ever seen by far the weakest. Madonna's half time show well I'll stick with what I said in my earlier post the Puppy Bowl Kitty Half Time show was way better and entertaining. I guess M.I.A flipped the bird so that explains the technical issues during it since they hit the panic button.

YKWYA
02-06-2012, 03:14 AM
If Welker makes that big play catch like he usually does the game probably goes the other way.

I am amazed at how gutted I actually am. And, I know you guys will say that the Giants got it going at the right time - fair enough - but it still just feels wrong to me that they were 9-7. But its a hybrid league/cup competition. I just cant help thinking that 2010 14-2 1st seed. 2011 13-3 1st seed. Then get beat by a team that lost more games than the Patriots previous two seasons. And, like you said Kid - Coughlin was on the verge of being fired. AGAIN. I listened to the Giants.com radio and a lot fo the callers would have him and Eli fired.

Im probably whining now. But forgive me. I cant believe its over.

Right, what do I do now? MLB? A new American Football team has just set up locally - first practice on Sunday!

Kid Charlemagne
02-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Here's the thing about them being 9-7, it's all about the division. Last year there was an uproar about Seattle backing in with a sub .500 record but their division was so bad that it's all they needed. Then they went out and beat the defending champs in the wild card round. It's what makes the NFL great, and yeah the record may look poor, but that's why they play the games and have a playoff system. A post season like this years and last years is why I'll never take college football seriously because how can you dictate who are the two best teams by a computer system? Let them play, match them up, and see what happens. Also their record may have been bad, but they only had one home game against an imploding Falcons team who would have lost in the Georgia Dome. They went out on the road and won in Lambeau again and Candlestick, both places which are very difficult to get road wins. So I respectfully disagree YKWYA, I do see how it may be a little strange to see a team who finished one game over .500 win a title, but they took care of business, won in harsh environments, and by accounts deserved it.

Dra508
02-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Im probably whining now. But forgive me. I cant believe its over. You would totally fit in here in New England where sports fans really do feel emotionally tied to their teams. New York might have a larger population, but there are so many other things to do and be interested in that sports fandom is not as intense as it is here in New England. They say when the Red Sox finally one The World Series again, there was a decrease in reports of depression. People were happy. That's saying a lot around here.

Right, what do I do now? MLB? A new American Football team has just set up locally - first practice on Sunday!Where are the players coming from? America? I'd so like to see an American football team playing with lots of non-Americans. Just like I'd like to see an American ice hockey team in America with Americans on it - this is a ding that the vast majority of the players are imported. As for MLB - if you are serious about moving over here - don't root for the Yankees - not even to be cute and take the opposite stance. Fans are humorless about THAT.

Sebek
02-07-2012, 04:01 PM
New York might have a larger population, but there are so many other things to do and be interested in that sports fandom is not as intense as it is here in New England.

I think the vast majority of NY sports fans would vehemently deny that their passion is any less intense than that of fans from New England or elsewhere and that the number of other activities in the area bears little to no correlation on the matter. And while NY vs Boston is something people can argue 'til their blue in the face, I personally feel that the entire area of the northeast harbors a greater number of exceedingly passionate baseball fans than you would find in other parts of the country (save for some exceptions like Chicago).

Dra508
02-07-2012, 05:39 PM
I think the vast majority of NY sports fans would vehemently deny that their passion is any less intense than that of fans from New England or elsewhere and that the number of other activities in the area bears little to no correlation on the matter. And while NY vs Boston is something people can argue 'til their blue in the face, I personally feel that the entire area of the northeast harbors a greater number of exceedingly passionate baseball fans than you would find in other parts of the country (save for some exceptions like Chicago).I'm not saying they are less passionate, but you don't have the hyper attention like they do in NE. I've lived both places - So many pro athletes talk about the fan and media intensity in Boston is like no other place they have played. I'm not saying it's better - just concentrated.

Frankly, I'm getting a sports hangover and I'm a sports fan.

YKWYA
02-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Here's the thing about them being 9-7, it's all about the division. Last year there was an uproar about Seattle backing in with a sub .500 record but their division was so bad that it's all they needed. Then they went out and beat the defending champs in the wild card round. It's what makes the NFL great, and yeah the record may look poor, but that's why they play the games and have a playoff system. A post season like this years and last years is why I'll never take college football seriously because how can you dictate who are the two best teams by a computer system? Let them play, match them up, and see what happens. Also their record may have been bad, but they only had one home game against an imploding Falcons team who would have lost in the Georgia Dome. They went out on the road and won in Lambeau again and Candlestick, both places which are very difficult to get road wins. So I respectfully disagree YKWYA, I do see how it may be a little strange to see a team who finished one game over .500 win a title, but they took care of business, won in harsh environments, and by accounts deserved it.

Yeah, I know what you are saying. I said before, I love the Giants, with the Parcells tree, and Simms, Taylor etc. But I love the Patriots and Brady/Bellichick more. I just didnt realise how gutted I would actually feel when they lost!

But, saying that right through the season while my brother was rooting for the Steelers, I kept saying dont write the Giants off. There were some real flashes of a great team there. and Eli, I kept saying to him, was on fire. I re-watched some highlights and the throws he made this year were pretty incredible. He really stepped up. I still cant bring myself to wear my ny Tee as yet. :D The Brady shirt is staying on!

Still, the Patriots have a core of players, and hopefully will pick up some talent on D in the draft.

You would totally fit in here in New England where sports fans really do feel emotionally tied to their teams. New York might have a larger population, but there are so many other things to do and be interested in that sports fandom is not as intense as it is here in New England. They say when the Red Sox finally one The World Series again, there was a decrease in reports of depression. People were happy. That's saying a lot around here.

Im practicing for when I actually move over there! :D And I will get there. Someday. From what Ive seen it does seem pretty intense. And as Kraft said, they have set some pretty high standards, and expect high standards, but it was a really great season.

I guess Ill have to wait for my signed shirt until next year?

Where are the players coming from? America? I'd so like to see an American football team playing with lots of non-Americans. Just like I'd like to see an American ice hockey team in America with Americans on it - this is a ding that the vast majority of the players are imported. As for MLB - if you are serious about moving over here - don't root for the Yankees - not even to be cute and take the opposite stance. Fans are humorless about THAT.

Nah, looking at the teams I cant seem to like the Yankees. SF Giants caught my eye. a lot to do with Lincecum? He seems pretty cool to me, and I like the guys who don't always strike you as the obvious choice for their position? Or the unconventional ones. I also have my appreciation for the 49ers in that area. Other than that, maybe the Cardinals? Im on a bit of a Baseball catch up right now!

As for the team, its all local people. We are hoping to get into the BAFA Community League North West division. The nearest team is about 2 hrs away in Carlisle, so a group is setting one up in Barrow-in-Furness. The team to beat in the division are these guys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbh4RkzaHcw

No suprise that they seem to run the ball a lot! Most of them are also Rugby players.

Ill be coming to you guys for play ideas. ;) First practice is on sunday, and I said I might throw some passes and see how it goes.

AgentofChaos
02-09-2012, 06:12 PM
http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1326648220263_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

Can't wait to see the Leafs dust the Wings in the Big House. Just booked my hotel. Should be one for the ages!

Dra508
02-10-2012, 07:37 AM
^Hey look it's the one nut wonder!

YKWYA- yes, you are going to have to wait for the shirt. Hopefully, next year.
Your football - wait I didn't catch this - YOU ARE PLAYING?? Those highlights were awesome, the QB is a lefty and threw in the TD. Definitely need to get some coaching on the fundamentals. Clearly the brawn in out there. I noticed one guy actual held the ball like he was playing rugby - you have to tuck and protect guys!

Kid Charlemagne
02-10-2012, 01:51 PM
^Hey look it's the one nut wonder!

YKWYA- yes, you are going to have to wait for the shirt. Hopefully, next year.
Your football - wait I didn't catch this - YOU ARE PLAYING?? Those highlights were awesome, the QB is a lefty and threw in the TD. Definitely need to get some coaching on the fundamentals. Clearly the brawn in out there. I noticed one guy actual held the ball like he was playing rugby - you have to tuck and protect guys!

And always remember, laces out.

Oh and JEREMY FUCKING LIN!

Dra508
02-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Jeremy Lin - a nice Harvard man.

Kid Charlemagne
02-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Jeremy Lin - a nice Harvard man.

He's a gamer. Holy crap did he torch the Lakers tonight or what? My only question is what happens when Melo and Amare come back? Seems like this team doesn't need those stragglers.

themethatyouknow
02-11-2012, 02:17 AM
Amare should fit in fine with him in the pick and roll. He's basically a poor mans Steve Nash. Melo on the other hand may not like someone else having the ball so much. I watched him for years in Denver and the offense never seemed to have a natural flow to it. He might be the best one on one player in the league, but its always like they're playing offense with 4 guys on one side and Melo on the other.

Kid Charlemagne
02-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't see Lin as a poor man's Nash honestly. He's more of a shoot first PG rather than the passer that Nash was. Amare should be okay, then again, he's made out of glass so I either expect him to be traded somewhere or to get a season ending injure, either way, he's gone after this year. As for Melo, he's still a huge concern, I don't know if he knows how to pass the ball and he's had a pretty lousy shooting percentage this year. We'll see what happens till they come back, but if Lin keeps playing at a high level, they might not need those scrubs.

Dra508
02-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Nerds of the NBA
http://youtu.be/NLfRrSSj5Eo

Kid Charlemagne
02-12-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm tempted to buy a Jeremy Lin jersey, I think he's the real deal Holyfield.

YKWYA
02-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Not sure if this should go here or things that cheer me up, but I got picked to play QB. :D It was a great practice. And great to see so many fans of the game there.

Kid Charlemagne
02-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Are you going to wear #12 in honor or Brady?

Dra508
02-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Not sure if this should go here or things that cheer me up, but I got picked to play QB. :D It was a great practice. And great to see so many fans of the game there.Wow - Congratulations! Do what Brady did, take your offensive line out to dinner. They need to protect you. We want to hear all about your games, passing stats, QB rating - the works. Post video too.

As for Jeremy Lin, someone said to me today that there is nothing else to talk about on ESPN, that's why he's news right now. Geeze.

Kid Charlemagne
02-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Jeremy fucking lin yall!

Dra508
02-15-2012, 07:41 AM
Jeremy fucking lin yall!
Flash in the pan. ;)

Re: Rick Nash - I noticed the standings yesterday and am not surprised. Columbus has sooooo few wins, sad. Worst NHL game I ever went to see was Columbus vs. Phoenix. Booooooring. Best part - seeing Wayne Gretzky in person and he looked pissed.

blackholesun
02-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Columbus traded Carter to L.A. last night for Jack Johnson and a 1st. Apparently the asking price for Nash is an effective current roster player, 2 prospects and a 1st. We'll see what happens.

Anyone down for fantasy baseball?

YKWYA
02-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Wow - Congratulations! Do what Brady did, take your offensive line out to dinner. They need to protect you. We want to hear all about your games, passing stats, QB rating - the works. Post video too.

Haha. Yeah, Ill get them all a Rolex too. :D

We have had a couple of practices so far, and its really cool. We have some a lot of guys I think will be great in this division. As soon as there is video I will post!

themethatyouknow
02-24-2012, 05:20 PM

I'd definitely be in. Last year we didn't really have enough teams to make it interesting, but if we can get at least ten it should be fun.

Fifey
02-24-2012, 06:31 PM

I'm in if we do it this year, and so is the wifey. Just key us in on the details.

poinoup
02-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Zidlicky to the Devils...interesting.

And the Canucks are first in the NHL!!! Woot!

dogsipod
02-25-2012, 10:28 AM
I am down for fantasy baseball. Can we not use the "Can Not Drop Option" in fantasy sports anymore. I am unable to upgrade my hockey team because of this.

blackholesun
02-25-2012, 09:11 PM
I will set up the fantasy baseball league on Monday and send invites to you guys + anyone who's participated in the past.

I'll see what I can do about the "Can Not Drop Option"... I don't like that either. But we gotta make sure no one gives up and drops Pujols or something.

Fixer808
02-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Canucks lose to Dallas, 3-2 in OT. Oh well, still got a point, and it WAS the third game in 3 days!

blackholesun
02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Will do! I'm going to be setting it up later this week. Spring training games haven't even started yet so we got some time

Kid Charlemagne
02-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Anybody read this article about UCLA basketball in SI? Shit is absolutely crazy about how Ben Howland had players toking up, dropping E and getting into mischief. It's sort of sad because this is such a storied program, probably right behind Duke and UNC, and this report could cost him his job. I got to meet Ben in 2008 when the Final Four was in San Antonio and he was such a nice guy and extremely focused on the task at hand. They ended up losing in the first game, but they played their asses off and always respected him and the program since he sort of revived it. Now I don't know what to think, are college sports that diluted that we can overlook foolish behavior in favor of winning? I feel like for every story like this in college basketball, we have four of these in college football.

Unrelated, we have a new AFL team in town and they're scrimmaging tonight. I've never watched much Arena League Football, but it should tie me over till July when we start reporting to camp.

the duder
03-14-2012, 10:16 AM
So a friend of my roommate runs this sports blog and his podcast is great. Check out his latest regarding NCAA March Madness (http://www.takeoverthegame.com/?p=5143).

theimage13
03-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Buffalo wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: fuck you, ETS/board formatting, for not letting me yell about long, long overdue good news in the most depressing football city in the country.

Kid Charlemagne
03-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Nofolking way!!!!!

themethatyouknow
03-17-2012, 06:51 AM
Hey, did we ever get a fantasy baseball league going? If so, I'd like in.

Crazy week in sports. 2 15 seeds win round one. Dwight Howard decides that one year of being an attention whore isn't enough and opts for a second. The Bears get a Legit number one receiver... who may be going to jail. And we still don't know where Peyton is headed, but the 49ers would be instant Superbowl favorites if he chooses them.

YKWYA
03-17-2012, 07:00 PM
I was expecting the Dark Horse to be the Texans. But, with Moss now with the 49ers adding some extra firepower (if he still has it) it could well work out. I wouldn't be surprised if a 6th Superbowl is the result. If Harbaugh can nearly do it with Smith he can do it with Manning. I'm not sure Manning could live with Elway in Denver, and maybe Manning does want to avoid the Titans, and meeting up with the Colts again. Winning a Superbowl somewhere else would still give them a kick in the ass for ever cutting him.

If Manning doesn't go to Denver I would laugh so hard if Luck refused to play for the Colts and quit for Denver. What 'team' Irsay? :D

Fixer808
03-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Suck a dick, Columbus! Ginger Goalie wins again AND has an assist!

Tums206_BFY
03-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Manning to the Colts and sad end to the Tebow era lol but this makes the Broncos the best in the AFC West unless SD gets their shit together. I don't know if this will lead Denver to the promise land or anything that remains to be seen. As for my beloved Hawks we got Matt Flynn on a pretty cheap deal 3 years I think The contract is worth $26 million with $10 million guaranteed which is not bad I suppose if he does work out. Though I'm more incline to think he'll be more like a Hasselbeck 2.0 which wasn't too bad for our franchise.

As for Fantasy baseball if you all are doing again this year hook a brotha up :D

Kid Charlemagne
03-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Aww hell, I'm in for Fantasy Baseball too.

Dra508
03-20-2012, 06:45 AM
Manning to the Colts and sad end to the Tebow era lol but this makes the Broncos the best in the AFC West unless SD gets their shit together. I don't know if this will lead Denver to the promise land or anything that remains to be seen. As for my beloved Hawks we got Matt Flynn on a pretty cheap deal 3 years I think The contract is worth $26 million with $10 million guaranteed which is not bad I suppose if he does work out. Though I'm more incline to think he'll be more like a Hasselbeck 2.0 which wasn't too bad for our franchise.

And what happens to Tebow? Someone said New England. Bwahhahahaha.

Last night, The Boston Bruins pasted The Maple Leafs 8-0. I'm going finally get into hockey now that it's the first day of spring.

YKWYA
03-20-2012, 05:38 PM
And what happens to Tebow? Someone said New England. Bwahhahahaha.

Oh dear god no. McDaniels or nor McDaniels. And they already have Mallett and Hoyer.

Tums206_BFY
03-21-2012, 12:00 PM
The circus continues this time in New York as the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets! Acquire Saint Tebow. Sanchez better watch his back.

I guess Sean Payton also go suspended a year Gregg Williams was suspended indefinitely, general manager Mickey Loomis was suspended for eight regular-season games, the team was fined $500,000 and lost two second-round draft picks (one in 2012 and '13) for their little bounty stunt.

Kid Charlemagne
03-21-2012, 01:04 PM
I love Mark Sanchez, I tell people I'm related to him, but I have no doubt that by the end of the season, Tebow starts. He'll actually have some weapons because he had jack shit in Denver and still won.

As for the Saints. Goodell is going to piss a lot of football fans off. I understand player safety and I understand the Saints lied to him, but Year suspensions for Payton and Greg Williams is overboard. Thing is, this franchise is fucking up bad. There's this hoopla, there's still Drew Brees who isn't locked up, and they lost some key guys. I've never seen a franchise go from the gold standard to absolutely fucked this fast.

Dra508
03-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Pfft whatever, Goodell had to punish them. He had to.

The Law Firm signed with The Bengals - I'm a sad Pat.

Fifey
03-25-2012, 11:47 AM
OK, I went ahead and created the fantasy baseball league. Draft is set for Tuesday at 8pm central time. We can change that if need be.

League ID is 166573Password is ets

The more the merrier. There is no "no cut list" in case we don't get enough people and guys drop like flies. Honor system, people.

Kid Charlemagne
03-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Let's get some motherfuckin' Jayhawks up in this bitch. Fucking Bill Self, I swear. Dude was always talked about how he couldn't win the big one, nearly gets canned in '08, beats two number one seeds to do something Roy Williams never did, win a title in Kansas. Almost gets fired this year, projected outside the top ten, overachieves, gets a number two seed when people said they were no better than a three, and beats Carolina again. I've never seen a coach who shits the bed against weak teams like Bucknell and absolutely chess play with the best. Probably the best big game coach out there, and now he's two more wins away from being untouchable in Lawrence. Hats off to him, couldn't happen to a better person and I hope he brings it home again...anyone but Kentucky, fuck Coach Cal.

Tums206_BFY
03-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Thanks Fifey for the FB sign up! Looks like we might have to push the draft back until we get more teams though. C'mon people Get down!

themethatyouknow
03-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Signed up for fantasy baseball this morning, but right now there are only 4 teams.

Fifey- Thanks for starting the league. Can you push back the draft a bit to get everyone in? I'm thinking Monday night would be a decent time since the season doesn't start until next Wednesday.

Everyone else- sign up damnit! I counted at least 9 people saying they were interested, so lets get it going and try for at least 10 total.

Fifey
03-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Draft is now Friday at 8pm. Sign up!

Conan The Barbarian
03-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Jason Taylor walked in my store. I hid in the back like a little girl. He drinks caramel lattes.

Tums206_BFY
03-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Mariners win 3-1 start the season 1-0 in the rugged American League West! Ichiro makes his return to the Land of the Rising Sun! Now ready for the second game today at 2 am local time! lol only 71 more wins guys! And yes please sign up for FB now!

dogsipod
03-30-2012, 09:07 AM
i am in on the FB. dissapointed to see i am not the only one with an ichiro theme name.

Fifey
03-30-2012, 10:58 AM
I know we're getting at least one more person signed up for fantasy baseball today, but that puts us at 7 people. We need 1 or 3 more still!

blackholesun
03-30-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm in. Thanks to fifey for setting it up.

In other news, the Sharks are more than likely not making the playoffs. Gotta win out to make it pretty much. Goddamnit.

fillow
04-02-2012, 03:09 AM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/3678634_460s.jpg

somewhat_damaged
04-02-2012, 03:16 AM
As funny as it is; that's an April Fools photoshop ;)

Dra508
04-03-2012, 07:19 AM
As funny as it is; that's an April Fools photoshop ;)Yup........

october_midnight
04-05-2012, 08:13 PM
How fuckin' good are my homies doin' lately?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3a/Vancouver_Canucks_logo.svg/200px-Vancouver_Canucks_logo.svg.png

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ! ! !

Fifey
04-06-2012, 03:04 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Vg3Fz5xDdn2.fK6gQCAYwA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/CLOWweadasd.jpg

Ryan Clowe is a little punk. In his post-game interview his response to being asked why he poke-checked the puck while on the bench was "I don't know what you're talking about." and "I'd have to see video" to tell you if I made contact with the puck somehow.

This should settle the debate about the integrity of the Sharks.

coolguy
04-06-2012, 06:35 PM
I come to this thread on a most exciting night in baseball and see nothing but hockey shit? jesus christ

october_midnight
04-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Is it because baseball consists of three seconds of action followed by another 25 seconds of guys standing there chewing gum and digging in their asses?

Ryan Clowe is borderline retarded. That's why nobody likes the Bruins, Claude Julien and his roster of knuckle draggers deny shit when it's on fuckin' tape. I saw Clowe say he didn't know what the big deal was and I was like 'Uhh...what.'

the duder
04-08-2012, 08:34 AM
So, how about that Arkansas football coach. Class act right there! Feel bad for the girl's fiancee (http://thestir.cafemom.com/love_sex/135710/jessica_dorrell_ruined_her_wedding)(who is director of operations for their swim teams, and a stand-up guy from what I hear). They could make a soap opera about that school's athletics department, ffs.

Fixer808
04-08-2012, 11:20 AM
How fuckin' good are my homies doin' lately?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3a/Vancouver_Canucks_logo.svg/200px-Vancouver_Canucks_logo.svg.png

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ! ! !

PRETTY FUCKIN' GOOD! Oh hai President's Trophy!

Fifey
04-08-2012, 11:26 AM
After correctly picking the Bruins to beat the Canucks in the Stanley Cup Finals last year, I present the 2012 version.

Fifey's Picks:
East-
(1) NY Rangers vs. (8) Ottawa
(2) Boston vs. (7) Washington
(3) Florida vs. (6) New Jersey
(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Philadelphia

(1) NY Rangers vs. (6) New Jersey
(2) Boston vs. (5) Philadelphia

(1) NY Rangers vs. (2) Boston

West-
(1) Vancouver vs. (8) Los Angeles
(2) St. Louis vs. (7) San Jose (via a shit-ton of diving and cheating)
(3) Phoenix vs. (6) Chicago
(4) Nashville vs. (5) Detroit

(1) Vancouver vs. (7) San Jose
(3) Phoenix vs. (5) Detroit

(1) Vancouver vs. (5) Detroit

Stanley Cup Finals
(1) NY Rangers vs. (5) Detroit

Dra508
04-08-2012, 12:31 PM
I come to this thread on a most exciting night in baseball and see nothing but hockey shit? jesus christI know you're joking...

Fifey, I have pretty much the playoff and end results the same. I don't know nearly enough about the western conference and am curious why you have Phoenix over Chicago?

And for all you Bruin haters, suck it up. This is ice hockey, not badminton. I don't see a European style team winning a Stanley Cup any time soon.

Fifey
04-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Chicago, for the most part this season, has had very suspect goaltending and defense. They've got a lot of younger guys, and Toews is questionable to play, and if he does, he's still recovering from a concussion, so he'll be out of top form. Phoenix has some depth, and their defensive system holds up well. I don't know if Mike Smith is the long term answer for the franchise, but dude had like 3 consecutive shutouts and has allowed 1 goal the past 120 or so shots faced. The Coyotes are hot right now, and after getting ousted twice in a row in the first round, I think they've got enough to beat the Hawks.

Fixer808
04-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Jesus, if your predictions are slightly off, and it ends up a Canucks/Rangers final, this city is going to burn to the ground before the first puck drops.

Conan The Barbarian
04-08-2012, 02:39 PM
As a panther fan, I'm just glad to finally see my team in the playoffs.

Dra508
04-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Jesus, if your predictions are slightly off, and it ends up a Canucks/Rangers final, this city is going to burn to the ground before the first puck drops.Yeah, they might as well not show up. Rangers are goooooood.

Fixer808
04-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Haha! Well, I was referring to the fervourous excitement of a '94 rematch!

blackholesun
04-08-2012, 06:09 PM
I gotta say, it was pretty funny seeing Clowe do that but I believe it should have been a penalty. I don't see anything wrong with the integrity of the Sharks as a whole though, fifey. Every team has their bad apples.

Anyway.

East-
(1) NY Rangers vs. (8) Ottawa
(2) Boston vs. (7) Washington
(3) Florida vs. (6) New Jersey
(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Philadelphia

(1) NY Rangers vs. (6) New Jersey
(2) Boston vs. (4) Pittsburgh

(1) NY Rangers vs. (4) Pittsburgh

West-
(1) Vancouver vs. (8) Los Angeles
(2) St. Louis vs. (7) San Jose
(3) Phoenix vs. (6) Chicago
(4) Nashville vs. (5) Detroit

(1) Vancouver vs. (4) Nashville
(2) St. Louis vs. (3) Phoenix

(1) Vancouver vs. (2) St. Louis

Stanley Cup Finals
(1) Vancouver vs. (4) Pittsburgh

I hope that I am completely fucking wrong haha

Dra508
04-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Haha! Well, I was referring to the fervourous excitement of a '94 rematch!Too funny. I was thinking of just last year's riots for losing.

BHS - The Pens will NOT beat The Bruins. I actually like Sid, but Fleury is a sieve right now and The Bruins will capitalize - heh heh.

Fifey
04-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I gotta say, it was pretty funny seeing Clowe do that but I believe it should have been a penalty. I don't see anything wrong with the integrity of the Sharks as a whole though, fifey. Every team has their bad apples.

http://images.wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/violent-recently.gif

blackholesun
04-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Dra, I would much rather Boston win. I just don't see them playing 200+ games in 2 seasons.

Fifey - touche. Still think you are overreacting though. I watch this team on a regular basis with very little bias (fuck I picked St. Louis to win the series pretty handily) and yes I'm a huge fan but I'm a fan of hockey first. They are not a team full of players with compromised integrity. You'll find divers and embellishment on every team. What Clowe did was stupid and no one will argue that. But to say the Sharks will win a series via a shit ton of diving and cheating is hilarious. Sorry, rant over.

I'm ready for the playoffs. Got my mini-Stanley Cup here at work.

Dra508
04-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Dra, I would much rather Boston win. I just don't see them playing 200+ games in 2 seasons. The Bruins are relatively young and pretty healthy. I think that and depth of lines is what gets a team to The Cup. Season is freaking long - it's spring FFS.

Fifey - touche. Still think you are overreacting though.

This wouldn't be The Muthafucking Sports Thread without Fifey overreacting about 'blue' or the 'zebra'. I bet you two have already started your playoff beards, ya?

october_midnight
04-11-2012, 08:48 PM

LESS THAN AN HOUR BABY. O SNAP.

blackholesun
04-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Flyers, Preds win first 2 games.

Dra, I always have a playoff beard. Just this time of year I stop trimming it until the Sharks lose hah

Fifey
04-12-2012, 09:57 AM
1) Am I the only one upset with the reffing in all three games last night? Stupid calls, glaring non-calls, etc.?

2) I'm a bit biased, so what's the consensus on Shea Weber trying to put Zetterberg's head through the boards?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1054969/weber.gif

blackholesun
04-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Reffing was bad in all 3 games. But it seemed to even out. I don't think any team it effected much.

I think Weber should be suspended but if he is it'll be for 1 game. Shanaban has said that playoff games are worth more than regular season ones so instead of missing 2 or 3 he'll likely just get one. But what do I know?

Bitz will probably get the Shanabanhammer too.

Great games on the docket tonight. I'm prepared to drink myself into a coma.

blackholesun
04-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Ouch Weber fined $2500. Gotta say this sucks because it sets a precedent that it's okay to do this type of shit. $2500 is nothing to a guy like Weber. If you make 40K a year, that's like $13.

nineinchtool
04-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Going to PHX/CHI game 1 tonight!

GO YOTES!!!

Fixer808
04-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Bitz will probably get the Shanabanhammer too.
He'd fuckin' deserve it, too. That could have been a career-ender. Props to Luongo, though, for almost managing to shut down that 5-min powerplay, there were some phenomenal saves in there, lucky one got through. Still, they gotta play smarter or they'll be out in the first round.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6irIRUs1oEc

blackholesun
04-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Woo Havlat!

Fifey
04-13-2012, 11:03 PM
So, I just got home from Wings/Preds Game 2. Free tickets fell in our laps today at work. Amazing game! Wings have now killed off 12 penalties in the series, and 37 total in a row. PK is clicking right now, and we're getting the offense moving. Feeling very good about this series as a best of 5 now.

Also, I'm very happy that the Pens blew another 3-1 lead and they gave up 8 goals tonight. Crosby as Savior? Nope. Not happening.

Fixer808
04-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Canucks, you are sucking shit and I'm predicting a 4-1 series (if you can manage to win a game...)

Goldfoot
04-15-2012, 05:14 PM
What the fuck is going on in this PHI/PIT game? This is ridiculous. This fight just resulted in 49 PIMs.

15:18
Pittsburgh
charging - 2 min
J. Neal drawn by J. Voracek

Pittsburgh
roughing - 2 min
C. Kunitz

Philadelphia
roughing - 2 min
J. Voracek

Pittsburgh
misconduct - 10 min
D. Engelland

Philadelphia
roughing - 2 min
W. Simmonds drawn by J. Neal

Philadelphia
misconduct - 10 min
W. Simmonds drawn by J. Neal

Philadelphia
roughing - 2 min
S. Hartnell drawn by S. Crosby

Philadelphia
fighting - 5 min
S. Hartnell

Pittsburgh
roughing - 2 min
S. Crosby drawn by S. Hartnell

Pittsburgh
instigator - 2 min
C. Adams

Pittsburgh
misconduct - 10 min
J. Neal

Fifey
04-15-2012, 06:30 PM
What the fuck is going on in this PHI/PIT game? This is ridiculous. This fight just resulted in 49 PIMs.

Total for the game: 132 PIM. Two giant brawls, some absolute bullshit, hair pulling....

Seriously, how much underhanded shit do you have to pull to make the FLYERS look like the good guys?

blackholesun
04-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Figures the 2 teams I have to make the cup are down 3-0 in their series haha. The Pens have been disgraceful thusfar. Wonder who's getting suspended next...

Sharks/Blues game 3 tonight. I'm going to game 4 on Thursday.

Fixer808
04-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaand hope fades for the Canucks.

october_midnight
04-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Daniel Sedin is flying to LA as we speak to practice, word is he'll be ready for Wed. hopefully. NEVER GIVE UP HOPE.

Fixer808
04-16-2012, 05:05 PM
I can just see AV shoving him onto the plane: "I don't CARE if your head hurts, we're fuckin' drowning here! Go do your twin voodoo, dammit!"

poinoup
04-17-2012, 09:55 PM
The Red Wings being down 3-1 in their series makes me feel a little better about the Canucks being down 3-0.

Dra508
04-18-2012, 09:30 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/534866_10150680504446773_25902406772_9618113_73065 2430_n.jpg
I think Fifey had something to do with this shot.

Pillfred
04-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Haven't followed hockey much up until last year but are the playoffs always so rough? I just keep seeing people getting destroyed.