PDA

View Full Version : The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Archive_Reports
02-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Four hours ago I believed P. Manning was the best QB ever. I have been proven wrong.

Sarah K
02-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Nah. Even before this, Brady was the best. Tonight just solidified that.

*waits for conspiracy theories about the Patriots cheating*

What an incredible collapse on the part of the Falcons. Unbelievable.

thevoid99
02-05-2017, 09:43 PM
I blame my father for this. He said at the end of the third quarter that the game was over and he said the Falcons were going to score 50 more points and shit. He was talking too much during the fucking game alienating my brother-in-law (who is a Patriots fan and is from Boston) as my mother wanted him to shut up and I ended up leaving because I couldn't stand him talking too much.

Jinsai
02-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Fuck this... Ima go right back to not giving a single solitary, frosty fuck about sports. Hey, god, why are you doing this to me? All I wanted was for Tom Brady to lose this... was that so much to ask?

Rubeninphoenix
02-05-2017, 11:28 PM
I think this was whatever cosmic force out there that has it in for me's way of reminding me to wait until the clock hits 0:00 to celebrate. Fuck, this was gutting. But at least Gaga killed it.

GulDukat
02-05-2017, 11:40 PM
I'm from New England and am wicked phuckin' happy. GO PATS!

Krazy
02-06-2017, 12:10 AM
Fuck this... Ima go right back to not giving a single solitary, frosty fuck about sports. Hey, god, why are you doing this to me? All I wanted was for Tom Brady to lose this... was that so much to ask?

He's punishing your city for having to take on the greedy-ass Rams and Chargers.

That and Atlanta seemed to go into "burn the clock mode" after scoring 28 about Hal way through the 3rd. Hard to get the mojo back when a team does that. Odd since they didn't do that 2 weeks ago against Green Bay.

thevoid99
02-06-2017, 12:12 AM
There is one good thing about the Patriots victory. It was a big fuck you to Roger Goodell.

Dr Channard
02-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Four hours ago I believed P. Manning was the best QB ever. I have been proven wrong.

John Elway, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, and others didn’t have the advantage of being part of an over decade long class act organization that consistently fielded championship caliber talent around them on offense and defense. Plus Belichick has been to football coaching what Phil Jackson was to basketball coaching in the 90s and early 00s. Not to take away from Tom, his name definitely belongs in that discussion of best all time QB for sure. He is a beast. It’s just tough to call it with the organization being so dedicated to winning. You have to wonder how many rings would guys like Brett Favre or Jim Kelly have won if they had played in their prime on these same Patriots teams from 2000-2017?

Yeah, but take comfort in knowing that they still lost the most important one to the Giants in 08. Bet they’d trade two or three other super bowl wins to have kept that perfect season intact.

Archive_Reports
02-06-2017, 02:23 PM
John Elway, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, and others didn’t have the advantage of being part of an over decade long class act organization...

They've been caught cheating at least once and have been the subject of numerous inquiries, so...

Dr Channard
02-06-2017, 03:48 PM
They've been caught cheating at least once and have been the subject of numerous inquiries, so...

Okay, maybe a poor choice of words on my part. Not class act as in great ethics, but more so setting the bar for overall priority in being an organization devoted to winning. How they get to those wins could at times be questionable.

ryanmcfly
02-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Tailgated at the Super Bowl yesterday. It was wonderful. Our power inverter started to crap out at half time, so we walked a little bit to see it on another screen. When Atlanta went up 28-3. I just walked back to the car. I was too emotional. I didn't want to be near anybody. So I watched it on my phone. Once it got to overtime, I knew New England was going to win. Once I saw the fireworks and White score the game winner, I opened the door and sprinted around the parking lot. I was rather drunk and too emotional. It was amazing though.

Archive_Reports
03-14-2017, 09:12 PM
Russell Westbrook is making magic on the court.

Dr Channard
03-24-2017, 04:45 PM
Russell Westbrook is making magic on the court.

Never was much of a Westbrook fan. He never struck me as much of a team catalyst. But individually he clearly has all the god given talent in the world and is bonkers on a statsheet. The numbers he is putting up have been unseen since Oscar Robertson and it would be criminal if he didn’t win regular season MVP.

Dr Channard
03-30-2017, 01:43 PM
It’s a shame that James Harden is having such a career year plus has the Rockets poised well for the playoffs but he isn’t likely for MVP.

Also crazy to think just a few years ago Durant, Westbrook, and Harden were all playing together. Imagine if OKC could have kept that together.

And I’d love to see some upsets in the playoffs this year, like a Boston vs. Houston finals would be way more interesting than another Cleveland/GoldenState.

thevoid99
03-31-2017, 11:25 PM
Mississippi State just beat U-Conn in overtime in the Women's Final Four and ended U-Conn's 111-game winning streak. 66-64.

Sarah K
04-01-2017, 12:36 AM
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/morgan-william-mississippi-state-basketball/ <--- This piece is even more awesome now.

Archive_Reports
04-01-2017, 08:55 AM
That streak should go down as the most impressive streak in sports history.

ryanmcfly
04-03-2017, 05:35 PM
That streak should go down as the most impressive streak in sports history.

That and the Red Wings consecutive years making the playoff streaks are the top two in my eyes. Can't think of anything like those.

Deepvoid
04-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Finally!! Hockey playoffs! Habs vs NYR. This should be good. Kreider better watch his back.

Archive_Reports
04-18-2017, 06:20 PM
This thread has been so quiet. The NHL playoffs have been great so far and it would just thrill me if the Blackhawks got swept by the Preds.

Deepvoid
04-24-2017, 06:00 AM
This thread has been so quiet. The NHL playoffs have been great so far and it would just thrill me if the Blackhawks got swept by the Preds.

And they did!

MTL is out, which pisses me off greatly.
I guess I'm rooting for Edmonton now. I'd be cool to see McDavid win the cup.

Archive_Reports
04-24-2017, 08:11 AM
And they did!

MTL is out, which pisses me off greatly.
I guess I'm rooting for Edmonton now. I'd be cool to see McDavid win the cup.

I would love to see Nashville come out of the West. PK is terrific and Rinne has been a fucking monster so far.

Dra508
04-27-2017, 02:21 PM
I would love to see Nashville come out of the West. PK is terrific and Rinne has been a fucking monster so far.I'm with you on this one. I used to hate PK when he was a Hab, but now that he isn't playing against The Bruins much, I really like him.

Sarah K
04-28-2017, 12:51 PM
The fucking Bears, man.

Everyone had eyes on the Browns, waiting to see how they could fuck it up. They do good, and then the Bears come outta left field with an absolutely stupid fucking pick trade up for a QB who doesn't know what a fucking hard count is.

BRUHHH

Archive_Reports
05-01-2017, 08:09 AM
Connor McDavid is a bad, bad man.

Deepvoid
06-15-2017, 09:21 AM
McGregor vs Mayweather confirmed for August 26, 2017. Boxing match of course.

I bet early KO for Mayweahter. No way McGregor can hang in there.

thevoid99
06-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Mayweather is overrated and a disgrace to the sport of boxing.

october_midnight
06-16-2017, 11:02 AM
Yeah I don't know...Conor has a history in boxing, is more of a stand up fighter, doesn't have an insane ground game, has really only usually lost when it came to the ground, etc. Plus Floyd insisted on the 10oz gloves, though he's fought at 8oz forever...he's afraid of how much power Conor has perhaps...

And let's not forget the tale of the tape.

FLOYD MAYWEATHER
CONOR MCGREGOR

Born
United States
Ireland

Height
5'8"

5'9"

Weight
151 lbs.
154 lbs.

Reach
72"

74"

Record
(49-0 boxing, 26 KOs)

(21-3 MMA, 18 KOs)

Net worth (est.)
$650 million

$22 million

Shorter, reach disadvantage. Sure it's Floyd's world but for anyone instantly thinking it's his fight...be careful lol.

Archive_Reports
06-16-2017, 11:33 AM
McGregor is currently in a no-lose situation. If he wins, he's beaten one of the best boxers of all time*. If he loses, he made a shit ton of money and lost to one of the best boxers off all time.

*I know very little about boxing, but this seems to be the prevailing opinion.

october_midnight
06-16-2017, 12:08 PM
Oh totally, and to be fair, while it's great for him, the real losers are the fighters in his UFC division who have to sit and watch the UFC give him shit like this instead of forcing him to defend the damn title.

Sarah K
08-13-2017, 02:15 AM
Are we gonna do a fantasy league this year?

Kid Charlemagne
08-23-2017, 09:32 PM
Anybody want to do fantasy football? So far it's me, Dra, and Trish. And Sarah!

Dra508
08-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Anybody want to do fantasy football? So far it's me, Dra, and Trish. And Sarah!

Crickets... :(

Rubeninphoenix
08-24-2017, 06:01 PM
I'd be interested!

Kid Charlemagne
08-28-2017, 09:28 PM
Sure. In fact, if you're able to start it you can. Currently dealing with limited internet connection here.

Mr. Blaileen
09-04-2017, 03:20 PM
76 hours until actual meaningful regular season football is being played. Can hardly wait. My friends and I do a 'guy's weekend' annually, and the last three years it's coincided with the day of first regular season NFL game.

Real football, fantasy football, I love it all and I'm pumped. I'm only in two fantasy leagues this year so far, which is fewer than I'm used to, but it should still be a blast anyway.

Most importantly: GO PACK GO!

Dra508
09-05-2017, 07:09 PM
I'm going to auto draft tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theimage13
09-08-2017, 07:06 AM
Lmfaooooo. Who named their team "Stafford Infection"? Oh my god.

That's up there with First Downs Syndrome.

In other sports news, the Patriots are 0-1! What a great day to be alive.

Archive_Reports
09-08-2017, 01:23 PM
If Kansas City goes 0-15 for the rest of the season, I would be oddly OK with it given the absolute curb stomping they just gave NE. It does not often pay to be a Chiefs fans, but today is one of those rare days.

Fifey
09-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Lmfaooooo. Who named their team "Stafford Infection"? Oh my god.

That's me!

theimage13
09-08-2017, 04:39 PM
If Kansas City goes 0-15 for the rest of the season, I would be oddly OK with it given the absolute curb stomping they just gave NE. It does not often pay to be a Chiefs fans, but today is one of those rare days.

It would also mean an amazing first round pick for the Bills next year, so count me as okay with that scenario.

Archive_Reports
09-08-2017, 05:19 PM
It would also mean an amazing first round pick for the Bills next year, so count me as okay with that scenario.

If it meant Buffalo ending up with two of the first four picks, I would strangely be OK with the scenario. Especially considering they would blow both of them.

theimage13
09-09-2017, 05:45 AM
If it meant Buffalo ending up with two of the first four picks, I would strangely be OK with the scenario. Especially considering they would blow both of them.

You shut your goddamn filthy whore mouth.

Who am I kidding, you're not wrong.

Boots
09-09-2017, 06:31 AM
Why don't the admin make a sports sub forum? They have them at all the other websites I go to. You can't just shove everything sports related into one thread.

Archive_Reports
09-09-2017, 07:11 AM
You shut your goddamn filthy whore mouth.

Who am I kidding, you're not wrong.

One of my best friends is a Bills fan so I've had all these discussions previously.

theimage13
09-09-2017, 07:28 AM
Why don't the admin make a sports sub forum? They have them at all the other websites I go to. You can't just shove everything sports related into one thread.

In six years we haven't even hit 70 pages. We're averaging less than a single page a month. I don't think an entire sub forum is warranted.

RJK
09-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Also I have literally never met a Bills fan in my entire life.I live in Virginia and about 60 percent of the people I work with are Bills fans. It's weird.

Dra508
09-13-2017, 11:11 PM
That dude who thought it was cute to name his ETS FF team I hate Tom Brady is in last place. Karma. Hahhahaaaa.

I'm in 1st. At least for a couple more days.

Archive_Reports
09-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Would anyone here be interested in joining a fantasy hockey league? I have six and would ultimately like to round it out to 10.

elevenism
09-23-2017, 02:32 PM
I have a bad feeling about Dallas this year after what Denver did to us on sunday.
How is this even the same fucking team as last year?

Sarah K
10-06-2017, 12:37 AM
Tony Romo is fucking phenomenal in the booth. Like, holy shit. I fully expected to hate him, but I feel like he is instantly one of the best commentators working, after like... a month on the job.

Swykk
10-06-2017, 05:47 AM
This was a very sweet thing for the Blackhawks to do:

https://www.nhl.com/video/bickell-takes-one-more-shift/t-277350912/c-53189903

Mr. Blaileen
10-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Three words:

Aaron. Fucking. Rodgers.

Hell of a game. Go pack go.

ekrekel
10-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Terrible play call after Zeke runs for 8 on 1st down, they try to pass the ball and stop the clock, then Dak runs it in. 2 people you can NOT allow to have the ball with 1-2 minutes left Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. Rodgers is so darn good that it wouldn't surprise me if the D lets Dak score just so they can leave him some time.

fillow
10-11-2017, 04:28 AM
Meanwhile, Team USA did not qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia (for the first time since 1986!), and now hundreds of American tourists will not travel to see what's Soviet Russia is really like. Sorry, folks.

thevoid99
10-21-2017, 10:26 PM
Finally.... the Houston Astros is going to the World Series and will be facing the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Dra508
10-26-2017, 04:41 PM
Who’s in first place in ETS fantasy football? This gal!

Deepvoid
11-04-2017, 01:21 PM
Not sure if there are many MMA fans here but I'm super pumped for GSP's return.
I hope he annihilates Bisping.

Dra508
11-28-2017, 08:49 AM
Who’s in first place in ETS fantasy football? This gal!

Again. Happy dance.

theimage13
01-01-2018, 12:49 AM
Muthafuckin' BUFFALO BILLS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH

thevoid99
01-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Muthafuckin' BUFFALO BILLS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH

Fuck yeah!!! I like the Bills. Though the Falcons are my team, I'll always root for those underdog teams like the Bills, the Lions, and the Browns as well as other favorites like Da Bears and the Eagles.

Plus, I think some credit should go to the Bengals for making the Bills' dream happen as I hope they get some good wings.

theimage13
01-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Fuck yeah!!! I like the Bills. Though the Falcons are my team, I'll always root for those underdog teams like the Bills, the Lions, and the Browns as well as other favorites like Da Bears and the Eagles.

Plus, I think some credit should go to the Bengals for making the Bills' dream happen as I hope they get some good wings.

Source (https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/947647838741237760/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fnfl%2F2017%2F12 %2F31%2Fbills-sending-bengals-wings-beating-ravens-playoffs)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSa4SYUUQAAZjow.jpg

thevoid99
01-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Why can't we have more of that kind of sportsmanship these days?

Boots
01-14-2018, 07:34 PM
I don't care who wins the NFC championship. As long as I get to see the Patriots beat the shit outta them.

Conan The Barbarian
01-14-2018, 07:47 PM
The pats are going down!!!

Sarah K
01-14-2018, 07:52 PM
3/4 of the remaining teams have never won a SB. I think it will probably remain that way.

Though if anyone has a chance to take down the Patriots, it is Jacksonville. Their D is great.

Amaro
01-14-2018, 09:28 PM
FUCK THE PATRIOTS ALREADY

Anything can happen! I want that OG Purp Kush WIN!!!!!!!!!!

thevoid99
01-14-2018, 10:25 PM
All I want is for the Eagles or the Vikings to beat the Patriots.

theimage13
02-04-2018, 10:53 AM
Any other football fans not watching the Super Bowl this year?

I told myself last year that I wouldn't watch another one with Tuberculosis in at QB. It's just boring, and the fact that both the refs and commentators seem to be sucking his dick all night is annoying as hell. Looking forward to spending the night grocery shopping in what will be a refreshingly deserted store before settling in for a night of catching up on missed episodes of favorite shows.

Louie_Cypher
02-04-2018, 11:14 AM
pretty much done with the NFL from how they handled CTE's blacklisting CAP lack of parity greed greed greed
-Louie

theimage13
02-04-2018, 12:00 PM
pretty much done with the NFL from how they handled CTE's blacklisting CAP lack of parity greed greed greed
-Louie

I haven't done anything to directly put money in their pockets in years (don't wear memorabilia outside of the house and have never actually purchased anything that wasn't from a garage sale, don't go to games, don't subscribe to any services, don't visit their website, you name it). Still usually watch games on Sundays if the weather is bad (otherwise I'm outside...can't stand to spend a nice Sunday in front of the telly).

chuckrh
02-04-2018, 01:15 PM
let's hope for a happy drunken riot in philly rather than an angry drunken riot.

Archive_Reports
02-04-2018, 06:04 PM
-Louie

1 - Kaep wasn't blacklisted. His talent wasn't worth the distractions, real or perceived. (When Wentz got knocked out for the year, people were calling the Eagles organization racist for not bringing in Colin over Foles and now look who's holding a lead in the Super Bowl.) If a team thought Kaep could help them win, he would have played. It should also be noted that Colin opted out of his final year.
2 - The mid-tier NFL is full of parity which is why Buffalo, San Diego, Tennessee, and Baltimore were all competing to lose in the first round on the last day of the season.
3 - All sports leagues are greedy.
4 - I'll give you concussions. That's been rough.

chuckrh
02-04-2018, 06:23 PM
Foles looking pretty good thus far.

Conan The Barbarian
02-04-2018, 09:32 PM
Americas team beats trumps americas team.

Suck that fat one brady!

Go eagles!

thevoid99
02-04-2018, 09:43 PM
Americas team beats trumps americas team.

Suck that fat one brady!

Go eagles!

Fuck yeah. My brother-in-law is crying. He's from Boston.

theimage13
02-04-2018, 09:57 PM
1 - Kaep wasn't blacklisted. His talent wasn't worth the distractions, real or perceived. (When Wentz got knocked out for the year, people were calling the Eagles organization racist for not bringing in Colin over Foles and now look who's holding a lead in the Super Bowl.) If a team thought Kaep could help them win, he would have played. It should also be noted that Colin opted out of his final year.
2 - The mid-tier NFL is full of parity which is why Buffalo, San Diego, Tennessee, and Baltimore were all competing to lose in the first round on the last day of the season.
3 - All sports leagues are greedy.
4 - I'll give you concussions. That's been rough.

I contend that the Bills should have signed Kaep, if for no other reason than to have a genuine QB battle vs Taylor during training camp and preseason games. And now Taylor is almost assuredly out, leaving the team with a QB who threw FIVE interceptions in his first HALF of an NFL game and threw an INT in the red zone instead of connecting to keep the Bills alive in the playoffs. I'd once again welcome Kaep to the roster. He'd be leaps and bounds better than anyone they have now.

theimage13
02-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Also, thank you Eagles.

xfocalinx
02-04-2018, 11:21 PM
Amazing game. Very happy to see Patriots lose, especially to a PA team!

Bachy
02-05-2018, 12:47 AM
Al Michaels with one of the worst comments I’ve heard in sports:

“Another Super Bowl that ends on the last play.”

https://media2.giphy.com/media/1455m6M8jFgCE8/giphy.gif

thevoid99
02-05-2018, 01:47 AM
I'm just post this pic because this makes me happy!!!!!!! Suck it Patriots!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVPwNKbW0AAe2aB.jpg

chuckrh
02-05-2018, 07:26 AM

Al's getting up there in years. He's still better than most at announcing games. I think my favorite NFL announcing team is Ian Eagle & Dan Fouts. Fouts is a great color commentator.

chuckrh
02-05-2018, 07:30 AM
Any other football fans not watching the Super Bowl this year?

I told myself last year that I wouldn't watch another one with Tuberculosis in at QB. It's just boring, and the fact that both the refs and commentators seem to be sucking his dick all night is annoying as hell. Looking forward to spending the night grocery shopping in what will be a refreshingly deserted store before settling in for a night of catching up on missed episodes of favorite shows.

I'm by no means a Patriots/Brady fan but he did play a great game yesterday. Amazing in fact, considering his age. He's getting close to the end though. He can't run for shit & the way the game is going, that's become a necessary component.

Archive_Reports
02-05-2018, 08:31 AM

Maybe a poor choice of words, but we all knew what he meant.

Great game last night and now Philly has taken the "no one believed in us" narrative and flipped it on its ear with the "everyone believed we would destroy our city" narrative. Solid move.

Conan The Barbarian
02-06-2018, 10:15 AM
He was better than that biased pissant Collinsworth.

elevenism
02-19-2018, 05:58 AM
The Olympic Women's Hockey tournament has been a fucking hoot.
It looks like the US will meet Canada again for the gold medal game.
The rivalry between the U.S. and Canada is insane; they seem to fucking HATE each other on the ice.

elevenism
02-22-2018, 03:49 PM
Goddamn, did you guys see the gold medal hockey game?!

allegro
03-22-2018, 08:18 PM
Sister Jean and my Alma Mater, Loyola-Chicago, move on to Elite Eight WOOOO!!!

Go Ramblers!!

allegro
03-31-2018, 06:03 PM
Final Four, Loyola-Chicago vs. University of Michigan

Watching the game, I’m wearing a Loyola-Chicago t-shirt and singing “Hail to the Victors”

GAHHHHHHHH

ryanmcfly
06-22-2018, 09:32 AM
I haven't been this excited as a Mavs fan since Summer 2011. LUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Archive_Reports
06-22-2018, 11:12 AM
I haven't been this excited as a Mavs fan since Summer 2011. LUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cuban's going to be sending Divac a muffin basket or something. Jesus Christ.

thevoid99
06-22-2018, 03:36 PM
I'm guessing no one here is watching the World Cup. I'm happy Brazil just beat Costa Rica and hope they beat Serbia in the next game they play. I really hope Argentina beats Nigeria. I fucking hate Cristian Ronaldo and his dumbass fans. They keep him calling him the GOAT. For me, to be the GOAT. You have to win a World Cup. Messi is the closest so far but he hasn't been playing well. I'm also rooting for Mexico.

Rubeninphoenix
06-24-2018, 11:06 PM
Cristiano is singlehandedly powering Portugal to wins this WC. Also, who has a continental championship winner's medal?

henryeatscereal
06-25-2018, 11:01 AM
I'm guessing no one here is watching the World Cup. I'm happy Brazil just beat Costa Rica and hope they beat Serbia in the next game they play. I really hope Argentina beats Nigeria. I fucking hate Cristian Ronaldo and his dumbass fans. They keep him calling him the GOAT. For me, to be the GOAT. You have to win a World Cup. Messi is the closest so far but he hasn't been playing well. I'm also rooting for Mexico.
I've been watching some games here and ther...
Colombia decimated Poland yesterday, it was awesome, i'm glad they "woke up".
Mexico has been playing great, i hope we beat Sweden next Wednesday, Uruguay is also doing great, they are among my favorites to win the whole thing...

ryanmcfly
06-26-2018, 08:55 AM
Cuban's going to be sending Divac a muffin basket or something. Jesus Christ.

I really hope this all works out. Dirk finally has someone to pass the torch to.

edit: The Mavs are getting DeAndre Jordan, aren't they?

Mr. Blaileen
06-29-2018, 10:48 PM
World Cup action continues tomorrow! Perhaps due to the ease of streaming, I've picked this year to get into the World Cup (and perhaps soccer as a whole). Been loving it so far. I randomly picked Japan as the team I'm rooting for, so we'll see how that goes. They have next to no chance of winning it all, but miracles can happen. My next step after the Cup ends is to do some research and pick a club I can follow year-round.

LosingFocus
06-30-2018, 12:02 AM
World Cup action continues tomorrow! Perhaps due to the ease of streaming, I've picked this year to get into the World Cup (and perhaps soccer as a whole). Been loving it so far. I randomly picked Japan as the team I'm rooting for, so we'll see how that goes. They have next to no chance of winning it all, but miracles can happen. My next step after the Cup ends is to do some research and pick a club I can follow year-round.

If you are after an English Premier League team and love being angry, dismayed and on edge every weekend; join me and follow Southampton. Added bonus, the Japanese defender Yoshida plays for them.

Archive_Reports
06-30-2018, 07:56 AM
I really hope this all works out. Dirk finally has someone to pass the torch to.

edit: The Mavs are getting DeAndre Jordan, aren't they?

They seem to want him which is curious. Not only does he not have the range of other successful big men, but his age doesn't make a ton of sense for where the team should be going.

ryanmcfly
07-01-2018, 06:42 PM
They seem to want him which is curious. Not only does he not have the range of other successful big men, but his age doesn't make a ton of sense for where the team should be going.

Looks like a one year deal. That’s not too bad. Dallas isn’t winning a title next season anyways.

Archive_Reports
07-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Looks like a one year deal. That’s not too bad. Dallas isn’t winning a title next season anyways.

Agreed. Why pay $24 mil for him to chase an eight seed though? I'd rather take a flyer on Jabari Parker with that money.

ryanmcfly
07-01-2018, 08:32 PM
Agreed. Why pay $24 mil for him to chase an eight seed though? I'd rather take a flyer on Jabari Parker with that money.

Yeah true. I guess they’re infatuated with the idea of Luka throwing up lobs to Deandre and Dennis Smith Jr.

Kid Charlemagne
07-12-2018, 10:01 PM
Need to gauge how many of you all want to join fantasy football this season. PM me if you're interested.

fillow
07-15-2018, 10:51 AM
Come on Les Blues!

Sarah K
08-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Check out Urban's weak explanation for lying about knowing he had a frequent abuser on his staff.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Djs4_gCUwAAh-bn.jpg

Archive_Reports
08-03-2018, 05:30 PM
College athletics need to be burned to the ground.

Steven
08-03-2018, 10:54 PM
Can't fecking wait for UFC 227 tomorrow

Dra508
08-14-2018, 08:15 AM
Need to gauge how many of you all want to join fantasy football this season. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for asking me arsehole. Wait, did I even play last season [emoji848] So much going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kid Charlemagne
08-14-2018, 08:45 PM
Guys, I'm so fucking sorry. I've been so busy at work and have not had time to myself. I know it's short notice, but would anyone be interested in taking the reins on this? I can hardly log on as is to start a league and bit off more than I could chew. I fucked up, my bad.

Sarah K
08-14-2018, 09:13 PM
I'm down for playing. Unsure how effective I'd be at running it again. Starting grad school and working at least two different jobs.

If we need someone to so it I prob can, but we'd likely fare better if someone else did it.

I know a few other internet friends joined in last year. Do y'all want me to ask them again?

Fifey
08-15-2018, 10:37 AM
I'm in for fantasy football, and will be able to actually participate this year and not completely drop the ball like I did last year. I've got too much to be able to commish the thing though.

Demogorgon
08-20-2018, 02:15 PM
...i just can't with this right now. http://arizonasports.com/story/1634258/cactus-bowl-renamed-cheez-it-bowl-game-arizona/

Rubeninphoenix
08-25-2018, 06:22 PM
Did people still want to do FF? If we need someone to be the ETS Roger Goodell, I can do it. I volunteer as tribute.

Sarah K
08-25-2018, 06:46 PM
Lolll. I wanna play!

ryanmcfly
08-29-2018, 09:47 AM
I would be down for some ETS fantasy football.

october_midnight
08-29-2018, 12:47 PM
The GOAT just got paid. 4 years, over 100 million in guarantees. Biggest contract in NFL history.

https://hmapr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/aaron-rodgers1.jpg

Archive_Reports
08-29-2018, 01:04 PM
The GOAT just got paid. 4 years, over 100 million in guarantees. Biggest contract in NFL history.

https://hmapr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/aaron-rodgers1.jpg

The GOAT? Did Manning unretire?

october_midnight
08-29-2018, 03:05 PM
All kneel before your lord A-A-Ron hahaha

ryanmcfly
08-29-2018, 04:23 PM
The GOAT? Did Manning unretire?

I think you are all forgetting about Brady.

Archive_Reports
08-29-2018, 04:42 PM
I think you are all forgetting about Brady.

*fart noise*

I'll give Brady longevity, but his stats don't really seal his claim as the GOAT. (Also, Super Bowl appearances/victories are overrated in football. Way too many people on a roster to have that be the greatest measure.) Manning was a statistical monster that won his team a ton of games they had no business winning. He also lost his share in the playoffs but, had his defense not been manufactured out of rubber bands and old postcards, he wouldn't have had to make some of the decisions he did. While I may live in Indianapolis, I am no Colts fan. In fact, I hate the damn team.

Sarah K
08-29-2018, 05:04 PM
Unemployed, mediocre position coach Zach Smith is having a full blown meltdown on Twitter, and using photos of his children in an attempt to garner sympathy.

https://twitter.com/CoachZachSmith

ryanmcfly
08-29-2018, 05:24 PM
*fart noise*

I'll give Brady longevity, but his stats don't really seal his claim as the GOAT. (Also, Super Bowl appearances/victories are overrated in football. Way too many people on a roster to have that be the greatest measure.) Manning was a statistical monster that won his team a ton of games they had no business winning. He also lost his share in the playoffs but, had his defense not been manufactured out of rubber bands and old postcards, he wouldn't have had to make some of the decisions he did. While I may live in Indianapolis, I am no Colts fan. In fact, I hate the damn team.

Peyton Manning had a top five defense in terms of points in 2002, 2005, and 2007. That argument doesn't hold a candle. Manning also had a KILLER receiving group his entire career. Let's also not forget Peyton Manning melting down in the post season multiple times. SB 48, early post season losses to the Pats. His favorite receiver during one of those was Ty Law (goddamn shame he is not in the hall of fame.)

If i am down, in the fourth quarter in a Super Bowl, who do I want my QB to be? Brady. And it's not even close.

Archive_Reports
08-30-2018, 02:01 PM
Peyton Manning had a top five defense in terms of points in 2002, 2005, and 2007. That argument doesn't hold a candle. Manning also had a KILLER receiving group his entire career. Let's also not forget Peyton Manning melting down in the post season multiple times. SB 48, early post season losses to the Pats. His favorite receiver during one of those was Ty Law (goddamn shame he is not in the hall of fame.)

If i am down, in the fourth quarter in a Super Bowl, who do I want my QB to be? Brady. And it's not even close.

I understand what you're saying, but it's wrong. Look at those Colts game logs and take into account their garbage division and schedule.

ryanmcfly
08-30-2018, 03:12 PM
I understand what you're saying, but it's wrong. Look at those Colts game logs and take into account their garbage division and schedule.

Weak schedule is a piss poor argument. The 2016 Patriots were clearly the best team in the NFL in 2016, but played a shit ton of of terrible teams. So does that diminish that in any way? Peyton Manning was a statistical monster, yes, but how much of that could be attributed to his terrible division? See how that works?

Archive_Reports
08-30-2018, 04:17 PM
Weak schedule is a piss poor argument. The 2016 Patriots were clearly the best team in the NFL in 2016, but played a shit ton of of terrible teams. So does that diminish that in any way? Peyton Manning was a statistical monster, yes, but how much of that could be attributed to his terrible division? See how that works?

It most certainly diminishes it. At least a little. Same could be said about Manning's stats, but you'd have to apply that to Brady as well because, let's face facts, he's not exactly in the world beater division.

ryanmcfly
08-30-2018, 04:45 PM
It most certainly diminishes it. At least a little. Same could be said about Manning's stats, but you'd have to apply that to Brady as well because, let's face facts, he's not exactly in the world beater division.

Exactly my point. Who cares what your schedule is? You play your schedule, if you put great numbers, you do.

Archive_Reports
08-30-2018, 05:01 PM
Exactly my point. Who cares what your schedule is? You play your schedule, if you put great numbers, you do.

My main point is that Brady's stats don't support him being the GOAT. He relied heavily on an great defense, mediocre position players (but only up until a certain point), and the best coach of all time. Manning had outstanding receivers, Tony Dungy (meh), and a defense that could be described as mediocre at best.

ryanmcfly
08-30-2018, 05:13 PM
My main point is that Brady's stats don't support him being the GOAT. He relied heavily on an great defense, mediocre position players (but only up until a certain point), and the best coach of all time. Manning had outstanding receivers, Tony Dungy (meh), and a defense that could be described as mediocre at best.

Brady has the stats, the game winning drives, was just as good pre snap as Peyton, and Brady does have the GOAT coach. I don't think bill hits GOAT status with out brady. I think it was a perfect storm with those two really. My favorite Brady stat is how well the team does when he throws the ball 50 plus times in a game. New England is 18-7 when Brady throws the ball 50 times in a game. Peyton Manning is 4-13. Also mind you that Brady shredded the Legion of Boom the following year after Peyon's record setting offense got shut down.

edit: Funny stat that i just read about Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay is 0-35 in games where they trail 1 or more against teams with a winning record.

Archive_Reports
08-30-2018, 05:41 PM
Brady has the stats, the game winning drives, was just as good pre snap as Peyton, and Brady does have the GOAT coach. I don't think bill hits GOAT status with out brady. I think it was a perfect storm with those two really. My favorite Brady stat is how well the team does when he throws the ball 50 plus times in a game. New England is 18-7 when Brady throws the ball 50 times in a game. Peyton Manning is 4-13. Also mind you that Brady shredded the Legion of Boom the following year after Peyon's record setting offense got shut down.

edit: Funny stat that i just read about Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay is 0-35 in games where they trail 1 or more against teams with a winning record.

Those numbers are crazy. Don't get me wrong, Brady is great, but Billy still gets GOAT status. He went 11-5 with Matt-fucking-Cassel. I, as a Chiefs fan, know exactly what Matt Cassel is capable of and it's not 11-5.

ryanmcfly
08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Those numbers are crazy. Don't get me wrong, Brady is great, but Billy still gets GOAT status. He went 11-5 with Matt-fucking-Cassel. I, as a Chiefs fan, know exactly what Matt Cassel is capable of and it's not 11-5.

Cassell also inherited the team that went 16-0 too. I don't think that does anything to tarnish Brady. You could give Mark Sanchez that team and he would take it to 11-5 probably. Bill is the GOAT coach as well. I think the combination of the two was a perfect storm really.

theimage13
09-09-2018, 11:15 AM
I'm glad the weather finally realized it wasn't mid-July and made a sudden tilt towards fall weather. I've missed autumn Sundays.

chuckrh
09-09-2018, 11:21 AM
Go Seahawks!!!!!!!:)

chuckrh
09-10-2018, 06:45 AM
sunday night nfl game was pretty amazing. at least the 2nd half. aaron rogers, wow.

theimage13
09-10-2018, 07:59 AM
sunday night nfl game was pretty amazing. at least the 2nd half. aaron rogers, wow.

Damnit! I was looking forward to watching that game, but by 8:00 I was already struggling to keep my eyes open and decided to call it a night.

ryanmcfly
09-10-2018, 08:15 AM
Fairly happy with how New England played yesterday. Defense played much better than last year and Brady looked like Brady. But holy shit Aaron Rodgers last night.

Conan The Barbarian
09-10-2018, 08:17 AM
Arron Rodgers is hands down the best qb in the nfl.

ryanmcfly
09-10-2018, 08:25 AM
Rodgers and Brady are both the best in their own ways I think. Brady pre snap is so fucking deadly....

On a side note, Jon Gruden is a fucking idiot.

Archive_Reports
09-26-2018, 06:48 PM
Anyone interested in fantasy hockey this year?

ryanmcfly
10-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Luka Doncic is looking every bit as advertised so far in the preseason. The future is bright for Dallas basketball... definitely brighter than the other Dallas pro teams

Krazy
10-24-2018, 08:15 PM
http://isgrudengoneyet.com/

Archive_Reports
10-25-2018, 07:30 AM
http://isgrudengoneyet.com/

Since I'm a Chiefs fan I'm predisposed to hating the Raiders, but damned if it isn't difficult to not feel bad for their fans right now.

ryanmcfly
10-25-2018, 01:21 PM
Since I'm a Chiefs fan I'm predisposed to hating the Raiders, but damned if it isn't difficult to not feel bad for their fans right now.

I feel awful for their fans. One of the most passionate in the league. But jesus christ, if Gruden fucks up having three first round picks in 2019, the raiders are fucked

Archive_Reports
10-25-2018, 04:40 PM
I feel awful for their fans. One of the most passionate in the league. But jesus christ, if Gruden fucks up having three first round picks in 2019, the raiders are fucked

See, that's the thing about first round picks: You want them to get top talent. What good are they if you're trading away established talent to get them? The only argument is that, in the unlikely event that that red lump of used paper towels actually strikes gold, the incoming salaries will be far lower than those of the people that were traded away.

Krazy
10-25-2018, 07:32 PM
See, that's the thing about first round picks: You want them to get top talent. What good are they if you're trading away established talent to get them? The only argument is that, in the unlikely event that that red lump of used paper towels actually strikes gold, the incoming salaries will be far lower than those of the people that were traded away.

Agreed, they’re trading away young talent to... hopefully land young talent??? Before Carr broke his leg they were one of the hot up and coming teams and looked the part. Carr has regressed. Cooper has a bit too, but still has I think another year left on his rookie contract.

Maybe Davis is cheap and doesn’t wanna pay them, probably spends too much money on haircuts. But then again he gave Gruden $100 million to come back for some stupid reason.

Oh well, glad he’s not in the MNF booth anymore. Witten is pretty bad too, but not a nuisance like Gruden was.

if you’re a Raiders fan now would be a great time to jump ship. You have two good reasons with 1) dumping young talent and 2) moving to Vegas.

Archive_Reports
10-26-2018, 07:27 AM
Agreed, they’re trading away young talent to... hopefully land young talent??? Before Carr broke his leg they were one of the hot up and coming teams and looked the part. Carr has regressed. Cooper has a bit too, but still has I think another year left on his rookie contract.

Maybe Davis is cheap and doesn’t wanna pay them, probably spends too much money on haircuts. But then again he gave Gruden $100 million to come back for some stupid reason.

Oh well, glad he’s not in the MNF booth anymore. Witten is pretty bad too, but not a nuisance like Gruden was.

if you’re a Raiders fan now would be a great time to jump ship. You have two good reasons with 1) dumping young talent and 2) moving to Vegas.

The fact that they're moving to Vegas in a couple years is probably part of the tanking too. By then, but Cooper and Macj will be a little bit older so if they draft young players now, they could, in theory, have more years left on them when they go to Vegas.

Krazy
10-29-2018, 01:05 PM
The Browns truly are the gift that keeps on giving, it’s amazing how a bad franchise like this can keep the attention span of the fans of other NFL teams. (Jackson and Haley both just got shit-canned)

now THIS is a fanbase that I truly feel sorry for. They really seem to be die hards and incompetence rules over this franchise like a black cloud. Hopefully one day they can experience the joys of a winner. They’ve been atrocious for what seems like ever. They had that decent squad 30ish years ago with Kosar/Shcottenheimer(sp?), and were mostly butt before that going back to the Jim Brown/Otto Graham days.

Sarah K
10-29-2018, 03:53 PM
Even as a Steelers fan, I have a certain amount of respect for Browns fans. You sincerely have to be dedicated to stick by an organization that is just such a complete shitshow from top to bottom. Though the only time at a football game when I felt my safety was at risk was in Cleveland... so mixed emotions about them. But I absolutely admire their dedication.

Dra508
10-29-2018, 06:39 PM
ETS FF: This Shit is Bananas has whipped me like a rented mule. [emoji31]

Sarah K
10-29-2018, 07:06 PM
That is my friend Mark. Lol.

I played the absolute F U C K out of myself by selecting Bell with my first pick, thinking he would hold out for a week or two, and hanging on to him for WAY too long. This is BY FAR the worst I've ever done!

Though I am about to own Rubeninphoenix, and he is currently in second place!

Rubeninphoenix
10-29-2018, 07:08 PM

I played the absolute F U C K out of myself by selecting Bell with my first pick, thinking he would hold out for a week or two, and hanging on to him for WAY too long. This is BY FAR the worst I've ever done!

Though I am about to own Rubeninphoenix, and he is currently in second place!The Austin InfoWarriors got screwed over by many players this week (and Melvin Gordon's bye)!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dra508
10-29-2018, 08:27 PM

Tell him to lube up next time.

At this point in the season, my minor goal is to get in front of @kidcharlemagne in the standings.

Oh and, Bahston Red Sawx! Booooooooooom!

Sarah K
10-29-2018, 09:50 PM
The Austin InfoWarriors got screwed over by many players this week (and Melvin Gordon's bye)!

Funny story about Melvin Gordon. When Bo Pelini got fired, the university was not even going to give him an opportunity to meet and say goodbye to his players. An employee at a local high school let Bo and the team use the facilities there to meet... And then got charged a fee for it. So I started a GoFundMe to raise the money to cover the cost. Melvin Gordon donated $6.00, because GoFundMe wouldn't let him donate $6.24 in order to celebrate how many yards he racked up on Nebraska during Bo's years. Lmaooooo

624 yards. I couldn't add an extra $0.24. My thanks for brief record this year and '12 Championship game. Will miss you Bo!

He briefly held the NCAA record for rushing yards in a game against Nebraska with 408 yards in only three quarters...

I originally thought that it was a troll, but GFM gives you access to the email addresses that folks used to donate, and sure enough, it was actually him. He is hilarious and I love him.

Rubeninphoenix
10-29-2018, 09:52 PM
Funny story about Melvin Gordon. When Bo Pelini got fired, the university was not even going to give him an opportunity to meet and say goodbye to his players. An employee at a local high school let Bo and the team use the facilities there to meet... And then got charged a fee for it. So I started a GoFundMe to raise the money to cover the cost. Melvin Gordon donated $6.00, because GoFundMe wouldn't let him donate $6.24 in order to celebrate how many yards he racked up on Nebraska during Bo's years. Lmaooooo

He briefly held the NCAA record for rushing yards in a game against Nebraska with 408 yards in only three quarters...

I originally thought that it was a troll, but GFM gives you access to the email addresses that folks used to donate, and sure enough, it was actually him. He is hilarious and I love him.Hahaha that is an awesome story!

Louie_Cypher
10-31-2018, 09:13 PM
should be in sports or dead souls Willie Muscovy the say hey kid dead @ 81 SF weeps
-loS

Dra508
11-06-2018, 03:00 PM
At this point in the season, my minor goal is to get in front of @kidcharlemagne in the standings.
!

In The Battle of The Cellar Dwellers, I beat @kidcharlemagne by .4 point. Rawr! Who’s hating Tom Brady now biotch?!

Rubeninphoenix
11-06-2018, 04:40 PM
Austin InfoWarriors got back in the W column. Life is good.

ryanmcfly
11-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Well the Mavs are bad. Time to Tank For Zion!!!!

Rubeninphoenix
11-08-2018, 04:17 PM
Well the Mavs are bad. Time to Tank For Zion!!!!Suns are waaaaaaaaay ahead of you. Then again, we need a guard not a big.

Sarah K
11-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Bruh, the Steelers.

ryanmcfly
11-09-2018, 08:03 AM
Suns are waaaaaaaaay ahead of you. Then again, we need a guard not a big.

I'm just drooling over the idea of Luka throwing lobs to Zion.

october_midnight
11-09-2018, 03:47 PM
On the last play of practice, Dez Bryant tore his achilles today.

ryanmcfly
11-19-2018, 09:14 AM
The Saints are the best team in football right now. However, I wonder about them in the post season because it's almost like they're peaking too soon.

Dra508
12-05-2018, 06:48 PM
ETS FF playoffs biotches!!

Krazy
12-06-2018, 08:26 PM
Henry’s 99 yard TD run, stiff arming three dudes (not at the same time lol) = :O

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1070863412417093632?s=21

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1070863412417093632?s=21

EDIT: still don’t know how to embed a fucking tweet.

EDIT 2: apparently editing my post embedded a tweet!

Archive_Reports
12-07-2018, 03:56 PM
The fact that he wasn't tackled or pushed out of bounds is absurd. The Jags should be (more) embarrassed.

Conan The Barbarian
12-10-2018, 07:02 AM
https://streamable.com/99giz

When I was finishing up my notes for my CCNA 2 exam, watching my dolphins play oddly well against the evil MAGA tyrants known as the Patriots, the phins went down by 5 with seconds left.

I sat there as I was watching a heartbreaking loss appear right before eyes, crazy shit shit started to unfold.

My oh my gods went from library whispers to sexual climate status. No matter how this season goes for us, that last play was so satisfying. Not only did we wipe the stupid fucking smiles off their pompous faces, but we also denied you clinching the 1st seed.

Not only did Miami won yesterday, but so did America.

“Gronkowski, doesn’t have the angle!!! Touchdown!!!!”

Dra508
12-16-2018, 10:39 AM
ETS FF: I have Big Ben on my fantasy team and he’s playing my Pats. Conflicted.

ryanmcfly
12-20-2018, 09:25 AM
Well Josh Gordon is facing another suspension and he is taking a step away from football to focus on his mental health. Hope he finds what he's looking for and gets the help that he needs. The Patriots subreddit is all sorts of a mess right now. Most seem to be hopeful for him, but in the words of Trent Reznor, there are "lots of assholes" there. It sucks because that mindset isn't doing anything to help mental illness and only fuels the negative stigma around it.

Ruined
01-09-2019, 01:48 AM
I got to attend the College National Championship game, yesterday. It was a lot of fun: I went to smaller schools for college, and grad school, so, it was fun seeing the big school pageantry!

elevenism
01-09-2019, 03:24 AM
I know the Cowboys/Giants game didn't count, and, I was utterly baffled that Dak and Zeke were on the field.

But then I understood: MOMENTUM.

That game was fucking exciting.

And then, the cows went on to beat the Seahawks. Do you guys realize that was only our third playoff win in the past 24 YEARS?

So, I know I'm gonna get my heart broken by this team, per usual, but I can't help but be a little excited. What if we win the next game? Any given Sunday et al.

And, then, what if...
I'm not even gonna say it. And I know the one playoff win is WAY more than anyone expected.

But, what if?

chuckrh
01-09-2019, 04:26 AM
I know the Cowboys/Giants game didn't count, and, I was utterly baffled that Dak and Zeke were on the field.

And then, the cows went on to beat the Seahawks. Do you guys realize that was only our third playoff win in the past 24 YEARS?

So, I know I'm gonna get my heart broken by this team, per usual, but I can't help but be a little excited. What if we win the next game? Any given Sunday et al.

And, then, what if...
I'm not even gonna say it. And I know the one playoff win is WAY more than anyone expected.

But, what if?

as a Seahawks fan, i was crushed. i will admit that the cowboys outplayed the hawks. hawks seriously exceeded expectations this year though. i thought they would get 6 wins at the very most. the team is very young & has a bunch of salary cap space next season, so the future looks bright. glad you are happy, elvenism.

elevenism
01-09-2019, 05:39 AM
as a Seahawks fan, i was crushed. i will admit that the cowboys outplayed the hawks. hawks seriously exceeded expectations this year though. i thought they would get 6 wins at the very most. the team is very young & has a bunch of salary cap space next season, so the future looks bright. glad you are happy, elvenism. man, the Seahawks were trying something interesting, focusing mostly on running. And that's cool when it works, but it wasn't working in THAT game. I'm not so sure Dallas would have won if Seattle had thrown the ball more.

Man, I'm sorry you were crushed. BUT, YOU guys had already won five or six playoff games in the time we'd only won two, and been to the superbowl.

Either way, both teams are currently inconsistent and youngish, but we're both on the come up, I think. I'm excited for the near future of the Cowboys, and, for you (not to mention Special Agent Dale Cooper,) I'm excited for the future of the Seahawks, too.

Archive_Reports
01-09-2019, 07:55 AM

And, then, what if...

But, what if?

Zeke didn't play in that game.

elevenism
01-09-2019, 10:05 AM
Zeke didn't play in that game.you're right. Dude, I've had a LOT on my mind since that game.
What I meant to say is that they played most of their starters.

Sarah K
01-09-2019, 11:33 AM
That Alabama meltdown was sure something to behold. Holy shit.

Archive_Reports
01-09-2019, 08:56 PM
That Alabama meltdown was sure something to behold. Holy shit.

Lol Tide

chuckrh
01-10-2019, 04:22 AM
replace the "b" in Saban with a "t" & what do you get? :D

Sarah K
01-10-2019, 09:51 AM
I got "Still the greatest college football coach of all time."

theimage13
01-20-2019, 05:38 PM
I think I'm done with the NFL, *maybe* barring the team I like. I used to watch the playoffs religiously despite my team never being in them, but today's game just really soured it for me. New Orleans literally had the game stolen from them by a blatant non-call (for those who didn't watch: refs blew a call that would have let the Saints kick a gimme with time expiring to win, and instead forced an overtime that the Rams won). It pisses me off that you can challenge *some* game changing plays (turnovers, scores, spot positioning), but you can't challenge other things that lead to a change of possession or loss of downs.

chuckrh
01-20-2019, 05:51 PM
I think I'm done with the NFL, *maybe* barring the team I like. I used to watch the playoffs religiously despite my team never being in them, but today's game just really soured it for me. New Orleans literally had the game stolen from them by a blatant non-call (for those who didn't watch: refs blew a call that would have let the Saints kick a gimme with time expiring to win, and instead forced an overtime that the Rams won). It pisses me off that you can challenge *some* game changing plays (turnovers, scores, spot positioning), but you can't challenge other things that lead to a change of possession or loss of downs.

saint shouldve got tds first 2 drives but settled for field goals. the call was bad for sure but they shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. rooting kc now!

Archive_Reports
01-20-2019, 06:11 PM
KC looks like shit and it's going to suck if the season ends in such a disappointing performance.

theimage13
01-20-2019, 06:14 PM
saint shouldve got tds first 2 drives but settled for field goals. the call was bad for sure but they shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. rooting kc now!

Oh, don't get me wrong, the Saints made plenty of bad moves that left me wondering what the hell they were thinking. But here's the thing: in cases like that, it changes the whole dynamic of the game. Maybe the other team comes back. Maybe it changes play calling all around. There are tons of maybes. Maybe the Saints open an early lead and get absolutely crushed by the Rams. Maybe.

But if the ref makes that pass interference call, the Saints kneel three times and kick an extremely short field goal as time runs out. 9,999 times out of 10,000, that kick goes through. And the Saints win. That non-call absolutely can be directly attributed to costing them the game.

chuckrh
01-21-2019, 04:30 AM
great day for games yesterday although not happy about either result. let's hope Super Bowl isn't a blowout either way.

Krazy
01-21-2019, 11:44 AM
Free eye exams for NFL refs!...

https://fox6now.com/2019/01/21/eye-doctors-offering-free-eye-exams-for-nfl-referees-after-new-orleans-saints-loss/

elevenism
01-21-2019, 12:26 PM
I think I'm done with the NFL, *maybe* barring the team I like. I used to watch the playoffs religiously despite my team never being in them, but today's game just really soured it for me. New Orleans literally had the game stolen from them by a blatant non-call (for those who didn't watch: refs blew a call that would have let the Saints kick a gimme with time expiring to win, and instead forced an overtime that the Rams won). It pisses me off that you can challenge *some* game changing plays (turnovers, scores, spot positioning), but you can't challenge other things that lead to a change of possession or loss of downs.I swear to god, I sometimes think shit like this is on purpose. I think back to when that NBA ref was caught shaving points, and gave the utterly charming defense of "Well, EVERYONE was doing it!" :/

I'm probably wrong, but I wonder sometimes

elevenism
01-21-2019, 12:35 PM
So I don't think the Mavs can possibly make the playoffs now. J.J. has suffered a season ending injury.

And are any of you basketball junkies/mavs fans following this Dennis Smith Jr. drama?

He's like, not showing up for games. Carlisle said it must have something to do with his financial advisers, but "sources" have said that Smith Jr. is like, JEALOUS of rookie of the year hopeful Luka Doncic. IDK. Maybe it's more complicated than that: I mean, I'm SURE it is. But to me, it sure sounds like Smith is saying like "Cooooaaach, you said I was gonna be the star! I'm taking my ball and leaving."

Whatever the case, I don't see us climbing to 8th place in THIS shape.

Hey, I can be a Denver fan, too, since my brother and his family moved there. :p
At least I'll have someone to cheer for in the playoffs.

ryanmcfly
01-21-2019, 02:53 PM
So I don't think the Mavs can possibly make the playoffs now. J.J. has suffered a season ending injury.

Agreed. It’s alright though. Dallas wouldn’t have had a chance in the playoffs anyways. I’m just enjoying watching Luka’s development. Hopefully they can make it work with DSJ. They tanked for him and I don’t think there’s a trade package that would make me happy to give him up.

edit: speaking of Luka, he just recorded his first triple double.

Rubeninphoenix
01-21-2019, 07:02 PM
Doncic is a beast. I kinda wish the Suns had taken him first over Ayton (although I am enjoying seeing Ayton in our colors) because he would've been our primary playmaker and made life easier for Devin Booker.

elevenism
01-23-2019, 07:18 AM
Agreed. It’s alright though. Dallas wouldn’t have had a chance in the playoffs anyways. I’m just enjoying watching Luka’s development. Hopefully they can make it work with DSJ. They tanked for him and I don’t think there’s a trade package that would make me happy to give him up.

edit: speaking of Luka, he just recorded his first triple double.

Most def, except I disagree with you on ONE point. I think we could've climbed to 8th.

BUt, yeah, we're very much in a transitional phase. I mean, I sure didn't expect to see us make a deep playoff run this year, or next.

I hope to GOD Cool Hand Luka winds up being loyal to the Mavs like Dirk has been, as, as soon as his contract is up, he'll be getting offers left and right.

Also, I really, really hope we see things worked out with Smith Jr., although, even if we do for now, hasn't he already said he wanted to be traded?

Finally, I hope Jordan sticks around for at least a couple more years. I know he only signed a one year contract, but Cuban has deep pockets, and Jordan MAY appreciate his own coach-like role. I hope he does.

It SUCKS about Smith Jr though, as I saw him and LD as the future of the team,you know? But it's ok: I think he's replaceable.

Sorry this is turning into an essay, but while I'm talking to a fellow Mavericks fan, I've gotta ask: have you seen people in Boston and Indiana cheering for Dirk? And I'm talking about Celtics and Blazers fans. It's a trip.

ryanmcfly
01-23-2019, 08:22 AM
Most def, except I disagree with you on ONE point. I think we could've climbed to 8th.

I'm not saying they didn't have a chance to make the playoffs, but they wouldn't have a chance of winning anything because Steve Kerr has finally assembled the infinity gauntlet of starting 5s

Archive_Reports
01-31-2019, 02:54 PM
elevenism

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1091076373765124108

ryanmcfly
01-31-2019, 03:57 PM
As a Mavs fan, I am so beyond hyped right now.

Archive_Reports
02-01-2019, 10:50 AM
As a Mavs fan, I am so beyond hyped right now.

You should be as each and every NYK fan should be on watch. What a garbage organization. (Unless they sign KD and another max-worthy player.)

ryanmcfly
02-01-2019, 03:27 PM
You should be as each and every NYK fan should be on watch. What a garbage organization. (Unless they sign KD and another max-worthy player.)

Yeah. Apparently there are members within the organization that 100% believe they're getting Durant. Kyrie is a possibility too. Not to mention they got a couple first rounders from dallas to use as a bargaining chip. If they land the max players, they should be in good shape.... but that's a big if. The team and organization have been so dysfunctional for so long.

elevenism
02-02-2019, 04:04 PM
I can't fucking WAIT to see Cool Hand Luka and Dirk 2.0, along with Hardaway Jr.

chuckrh
02-02-2019, 04:34 PM
I can't stand either team in Stupor Bowl this year. I guess I'm pulling for LA so that they get all bigheaded & can't afford to keep all their players next year. GO SEAHAWKS!
PS: rumours flying that Mick Jagger is going to do a cameo with Moron 5 during "Moves Like Jagger". God help us. Could be a sign of the apocalypse.

GulDukat
02-03-2019, 06:26 PM
Go pats!

chuckrh
02-03-2019, 08:04 PM
comment from AV Club site:

This game is about as exciting as watching flies fuck.

binaryhermit
02-03-2019, 09:01 PM
The band that played the halftime show was winning the Super Bowl in the 4th quarter.
The score was Maroon 5 Patriots 3 Rams 3

theimage13
02-04-2019, 07:49 AM
Probably not new to anyone, but favorite comment from the game is "these teams are playing like the winner has to go to the White House".

Archive_Reports
02-04-2019, 01:13 PM
SB was hideously boring. Can we get a Saints/Chiefs third place game, please?

binaryhermit
02-04-2019, 04:00 PM
Actually, 4th place game.
The Super Bowl ended up a 3 team game.
NE 13 Maroon 5 LAR 3

ryanmcfly
02-05-2019, 02:47 PM
New England by far and away dominated that game on defense. Brady vs Brees would have been a more exciting game though.

Cookster426
02-22-2019, 11:29 AM
Patriots owner Robert Kraft arrested for soliciting prostitution in Florida! https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/22/new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-charged-with-soliciting-prostitution.html

chuckrh
02-22-2019, 12:48 PM
Patriots owner Robert Kraft arrested for soliciting prostitution in Florida! https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/22/new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-charged-with-soliciting-prostitution.html

Too bad Brady & the evil one weren't with him!

ryanmcfly
02-22-2019, 01:25 PM
Imma be pissed if they strip Draft Picks from New England over this. Adam Schefter said he doesn't expect anything more than a fine and potential suspension for Kraft. He also said that Kraft isn't the biggest name involved in this story. There are 175 more names to be released.

binaryhermit
02-23-2019, 05:21 PM
I'm done with the Cubs until Addison Russell of wife beating fame is gone, the Rickets Klan of trumptarded fame no longer owns them, and they abandon their RSN bullshit

Archive_Reports
03-26-2019, 10:54 AM
Oh dear God. (https://deadspin.com/blazers-jusuf-nurkic-carried-off-on-stretcher-after-gru-1833564641)

Dr Channard
03-31-2019, 01:15 PM
Any NBA fans around? MJ the GOAT? The narrative is that this is the gospel truth. Not so in my book. I’d take Magic or Bird in their prime over MJ all day. Even on Jordan’s own team, Scottie Pippen in his prime might have been a better all-round utility player. But anyway, here is a good video on an aging Wilt the Stilt still showing his greatness against a young Jabbar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2U4JSrpO78

ryanmcfly
04-04-2019, 08:36 AM
Anyone that believes Trae Young is the ROTY over Luka is crazy.

Archive_Reports
04-19-2019, 06:30 PM
I thought there were a handful of hockey fans in here. The playoffs have been nuts so far.

Sarah K
04-25-2019, 07:04 PM
That Tyreek Hill recording... Jesus.

Archive_Reports
04-26-2019, 01:45 PM
That Tyreek Hill recording... Jesus.

I'm a Chiefs fan but don't know I can continue to be one if he's not cut. The action with Kareem Hunt was nice and swift once the video was released so them dragging their feet on this despite the audio is troubling.

Sarah K
04-26-2019, 08:10 PM
The criminal case has been reopened due to the recording, so that is something. Here's to hoping that the police department has or can find competent investigators this time around.

I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I have historically been an Andy Reid fan, and this has been beyond disappointing.

Sarah K
05-13-2019, 02:50 PM
My partner is a 76ers fan, so I ended up watching a lot of their games this season, and even though he wasn't home last night, I watched the game... That final second with all the bouncing was straight out of a movie!

october_midnight
05-13-2019, 03:08 PM
I quickly snapped this picture. Shit belongs hanging in a museum lol.

https://scontent.fcxh3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/60007028_318867612122859_118675774659100672_n.jpg? _nc_cat=104&_nc_eui2=AeE2q0L7SEtl9yeTrwWB-oqD6-meI1OPmp2Dqw8LJG7B-WKZ5z5qu3Y6mXAEZnv5M1tktSB__VuEUBQK5XoeJyB-rXKwfwnfVbsBvNzOjgoyIg&_nc_ht=scontent.fcxh3-1.fna&oh=15d9fd77ec78d4b38446a8ded7014125&oe=5D596CEA

kenz87
05-27-2019, 08:47 AM
Jeremy, well buddy, believe or not, but they even gonna buy smart bottles for them (like on this page (https://goodbuytoday.com/smart-water-bottles/best-smart-water-bottles-review/)), so these bottles will say them how much should they drink, hah. It seems like yes every single piece of our environment and every basic appliance becomes hi-tech device, isn't it? Anyway, I hope they will show better results, than current.

kenz87
05-27-2019, 08:51 AM
My partner is a 76ers fan, so I ended up watching a lot of their games this season, and even though he wasn't home last night, I watched the game... That final second with all the bouncing was straight out of a movie!

Exactly the same.

It was pretty tough game.

ryanmcfly
05-28-2019, 09:47 AM
Golden State in 5. I've been ready for the offseason since the end of the regular season. Ready to see if Dallas can actually lure Kemba away from charlotte.

Archive_Reports
05-28-2019, 05:14 PM
Golden State in 5. I've been ready for the offseason since the end of the regular season. Ready to see if Dallas can actually lure Kemba away from charlotte.

Would probably be easier if Porzingas wasn't being accused of rape.

ryanmcfly
05-29-2019, 08:08 AM
Would probably be easier if Porzingas wasn't being accused of rape.

Yeah. I have my fingers crossed that it isn't true, but we shall see. I think they're still investigating the allegations iirc. Obviously, if he did that, I'm going to be livid since Dallas gave up so much for him.

elevenism
06-07-2019, 06:48 PM
Dude, I'm obviously straight MFFL, but I've been watching the Raptors since the eastern conference finals,, and I'm pretty much fully invested-my mom, too. Get you some of it. It's sort of like when we beat Miami for the championship. I think they can do it, especially if they take that 3-1 lead tonight.

elevenism
06-07-2019, 06:52 PM
Michael, it's kinda like all gyms. They have perfect ventilation systems. But when I was considering on choosing fan for the house, it's became a little problem about analyzing all the pros and cons of every model, and how they work, how much electricity they consume, etc. Great that I've found a good article (https://cozyhousetoday.com/honeywell-ht900-vs-honeywell-ht908/ (https://cozyhousetoday.com/honeywell-ht900-vs-honeywell-ht908/)), that has a lot of useful information about them, and that's why I've chosen HT900. sorry for double post, but what the fuck is this? Is it a bot of some kind?

Archive_Reports
06-08-2019, 06:33 AM
The Blues can with the Cup tomorrow night after being dead last in the league in December. Crazy. The lesson, as always, is fuck Boston sports teams.

Jon
06-08-2019, 10:26 AM
The Blues can with the Cup tomorrow night after being dead last in the league in December. Crazy. The lesson, as always, is fuck Boston sports teams.

As a Blackhawks fan, I'd love to see St. Louis bring home their first cup. 49 years is a long time to wait for revenge.

elevenism
06-08-2019, 11:34 PM
How bout those motherfucking Raptors though

ryanmcfly
06-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Dude, I'm obviously straight MFFL, but I've been watching the Raptors since the eastern conference finals,, and I'm pretty much fully invested-my mom, too. Get you some of it. It's sort of like when we beat Miami for the championship. I think they can do it, especially if they take that 3-1 lead tonight.

Honestly would be cool if KD comes back and GS wins three in row to win the series. I have zero stakes in it since neither team is mine. But if Toronto pulls this off in five, it would be the most boring finals ive seen in the last decade.

elevenism
06-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Honestly would be cool if KD comes back and GS wins three in row to win the series. I have zero stakes in it since neither team is mine. But if Toronto pulls this off in five, it would be the most boring finals ive seen in the last decade.
Except for the part where everyone said Toronto had no chance!
THAT is what's exciting about it.

Man, I'm older than you, and spent a lot of years cheering for the rockets and spurs, and then, lakers, in the playoffs, before the mavs were any good. Don't get me wrong: I have a deep, DEEP love for, and emotional connection, to the mavs, going back to the Derek Harper days.

But, I've learned to pick a team for the playoffs. And, man- the way Toronto won the east? SHIIIIIIIT.

How about KD comes back and TORONTO wins in 7?

ryanmcfly
06-09-2019, 01:14 PM
How about KD comes back and TORONTO wins in 7?

That would be more entertaining. At this point, I'm just cheering for storylines. Kawhi coming for one year and blowing out the hobbled Warriors, then bolting is not a good story line imo. It would go down as one of the lesser talked about finals. Lowkey sad that Boogie and KD kept getting hurt because we did not get to see exactly how good this warriors team could be.

Archive_Reports
06-09-2019, 02:09 PM
Don't care how GS loses, just ready for it to happen.

ryanmcfly
06-11-2019, 03:55 PM
The US Women's National Team flat out annihilated Thailand today. 13-0

allegate
06-11-2019, 07:23 PM
https://twitter.com/skitchP/status/1138566500871262209

tony.parente
06-13-2019, 11:35 AM
Guys The Blues won their first Stanley Cup last night. I was lucky enough to be in the Enterprise Center for the watch party and it was absolutely electric. I was worried about possible violence and chaos on the streets and while it was complete pandemonium it was all love and I'm so glad I was able to be able to experience some of that magic in person.

Archive_Reports
06-13-2019, 10:56 PM
The Raptors are the NBA champs and the Blues are the NHL champs. We live in strange times.

Krazy
06-13-2019, 11:13 PM
Congrats to the Raptors for bringing Lord Stanley’s cup back to Canada!!!

ryanmcfly
06-18-2019, 03:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9XuXvAX4AImw-5.jpg:large

wut

Archive_Reports
06-18-2019, 05:03 PM
That has to be some sort of joke. I certainly want it to be true because the thought of Gruden tripping over himself to sign Favre to a five year deal to underthrow Antonio Brown makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

WillG
07-17-2019, 02:11 AM
Jeremy, well buddy, believe or not, but they even gonna buy smart bottles for them (like on this page), so these bottles will say them how much should they drink, hah. It seems like yes every single piece of our environment and every basic appliance becomes hi-tech device, isn't it? Anyway, I hope they will show better results, than current.

I realized I was reading about smart bottles yesterday on this page (https://www.bestwheretobuy.com/best-smart-water-bottle/), & I believe there is nothing wrong in buying & using smart bottles for the results. Lol.

Rubeninphoenix
08-27-2019, 10:13 PM
ETS fantasy football anyone?

Archive_Reports
08-28-2019, 01:41 PM
ETS fantasy football anyone?

I'm in if it's on ESPN.

Rubeninphoenix
08-28-2019, 03:47 PM
I'm in if it's on ESPN.Damn, it's Yahoo.

Archive_Reports
08-28-2019, 04:33 PM
Damn, it's Yahoo.

Fuck it, I'm still in.

ryanmcfly
11-25-2019, 12:08 PM
Luka Doncic for MVP. Change my mind.

Krazy
11-25-2019, 12:20 PM
Luka Doncic for MVP. Change my mind.

It's not even Thanksgiving yet.

And the last thing we need is another arena filled with stupid "MVP!" chanting. That's a pet peeve of mine lol.

chuckrh
11-25-2019, 01:27 PM
In Russell Wilson we trust. GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

theimage13
11-29-2019, 05:46 AM
Watching the Cowboys get embarrassed by the Bills - in Arlington - on Thanksgiving - is probably a new favorite holiday memory of mine.

Magnetic
11-29-2019, 12:09 PM
That made my whole Thanksgiving night. :)

chuckrh
11-29-2019, 01:02 PM
That made my whole Thanksgiving night. :)

The party in Buffalo will still be going strong tonight.

ryanmcfly
12-02-2019, 01:45 PM
It's not even Thanksgiving yet.

Team is 13-6 now, and have beaten some good teams like the Lakers, Raptors, Rockets, Nuggets, and the suns. Some of those wins were on the road. They're currently the fourth seed in the west. If Luka keeps up this pace, he has a legit shot at MVP. Westbrook won it as a fifth or sixth seed if I recall correctly. Without Luka, this Mavericks team would be a bottom four team.

Krazy
12-02-2019, 07:10 PM
Team is 13-6 now, and have beaten some good teams like the Lakers, Raptors, Rockets, Nuggets, and the suns. Some of those wins were on the road. They're currently the fourth seed in the west. If Luka keeps up this pace, he has a legit shot at MVP. Westbrook won it as a fifth or sixth seed if I recall correctly. Without Luka, this Mavericks team would be a bottom four team.

My dude, we’re only about 1/4 of the way into the season. If we’re going by PER Giannis is slightly ahead of him- and Mikwaukee without Giannis are a borderline east 8th seed. Can’t discount what kind of scoring Harden is pulling out of his ass either (although like many others, I can’t stand his game). LeBron and LeBrow are probably gonna cancel each other out, even if I think James is still the best player in the NBA it’s tough when votes get split.

Mavs lost twice to the Knicks lol. That said if he keeps it up he’s definitely gonna be in the conversation at seasons end. He’s lived up to the hype- and probably exceeded any type of year two expectations right now. It’s a long season and anything can happen- good and bad.