Page 68 of 216 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Anyone here remember the sin live video that Rob videotaped with his camera but not uploaded for various reasons? (from 2009 iirc)
    I've seen the fan-shot youtube video of the same performance here on ETS, and I'm trying to locate it, but cannot recall the exact date... Help!
    Is this it?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Wasn't sure whether to put this in questions or controversial opinions...

Can you guys chime in as to why a large portion of the NIN community has such a hard on for Danny Lohner?

Disclaimer: I never saw, in person, a show with him in the lineup. But from watching AATCHB and various other bootlegs, I just don't understand why people suddenly start clamoring and praying for his return anytime there's a potential vacancy in the live lineup. I don't think he was bad; not by any stretch of the imagination. But people seem to be absolutely clinging to him; like bringing him back would be the best thing to happen to the band in ages. So out of simple curiosity, what is it about his contribution to the shows that you loved so much?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I like his voice and guitar playing/rocking out stance (its a good counterpoint to Trent and Robin). He had good energy, more nostaliga for me.

Musically he is just as competent as anybody else who has held that position in the band.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Rob was taping the performance onstage. Maybe not this one.. but thank you anyway.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Anyone here remember the sin live video that Rob videotaped with his camera but not uploaded for various reasons? (from 2009 iirc)
    I've seen the fan-shot youtube video of the same performance here on ETS, and I'm trying to locate it, but cannot recall the exact date... Help!
    It was played 10 times in 2009. Not to sound like a dick, but given the open taping policy and how many people taped each one of those shows, I'd suggest poking around here and seeing if something rings a bell.

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/ni....html?song=Sin (click on the 2009 link near the middle of the page to see the dates/cities)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I liked JMJ, but probably because I'm a Beck fan.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    I liked JMJ, but probably because I'm a Beck fan.
    Heh...the other day, I heard from his guitar tech that the current lineup is "one of the best he's ever had". My first thought was "yeaaaaaaah, Justin!"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Heh...the other day, I heard from his guitar tech that the current lineup is "one of the best he's ever had". My first thought was "yeaaaaaaah, Justin!"
    Pretty bummed I can't catch him on this tour. Had a chance to see him for Modern Guilt but the tickets were hundreds of dollars from scalpers because it was in a tiny venue.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Can you guys chime in as to why a large portion of the NIN community has such a hard on for Danny Lohner?
    perhaps that's because he was around during The Fragile which to many is a pinnacle of what nin has ever done

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Not only that, but more involved with album production and performance than most (all?) other live band members. He's also one of a tiny number of people (just Charlie Clouser and Keith Hillebrandt I think - unless you count Alessandro on Eater Of Dreams) to share writing credits on NIN songs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rob was taping the performance onstage. Maybe not this one.. but thank you anyway.
    maybe this?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Not only that, but more involved with album production and performance than most (all?) other live band members. He's also one of a tiny number of people (just Charlie Clouser and Keith Hillebrandt I think - unless you count Alessandro on Eater Of Dreams) to share writing credits on NIN songs.
    Atticus co-wrote most of Ghosts I–IV, along with Adrian Belew and Brian Viglione co-writing one track each.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Atticus co-wrote most of Ghosts I–IV, along with Adrian Belew and Brian Viglione co-writing one track each.
    2 tracks each, actually.
    and cortini co wrote 4 or 5 tracks there

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horican View Post
    maybe this?
    Thanks!! That was it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the audio/music from the "And All That Could've Been" DVD menus? I remember there being a rip somewhere around here but I can't find it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I saw once a full show on the YouTube (it was probably in the UK around 1994-1996) where a few people appeared on the stage along with a female that was starting to... masturbate. I remember that TR commented it in a very funny way, but I cannot find this clip anymore... :-( Anyone knows which NIN show that could be?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    I saw once a full show on the YouTube (it was probably in the UK around 1994-1996) where a few people appeared on the stage along with a female that was starting to... masturbate. I remember that TR commented it in a very funny way, but I cannot find this clip anymore... :-( Anyone knows which NIN show that could be?
    It's from the Closure DVD Appendage. Start at 18:33:

I think it was members of Jim Rose circus that rushed the stage, or maybe Marilyn Manson, I forget.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @TheBang as always rocks! Thanks, man!

Well, two days ago my son asked me "what this mister (Josh Eustis) is wearing (between his fingers)?" We noticed that he had something metal between his fingers, which is clearly shot during the Sanctified and Satellite songs performed during the ACL show. I answered that this is some kind of stuff that guitarists need to make some interesting guitar effects but... I'm not sure. The only thing I'm quite sure here is that these things are not some magical rings made by Sauron. ;-)
    Last edited by martin_b; 04-25-2014 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Josh. Josh Eustis.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Josh (Eustis) posted about the ring on Instagram. It's by this company.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just hearing the NIN/Bauhaus 'Where darkness doubles light' music for the first time. Was previously aware (and a huge fan of) the video clips of Reptile/Leatherette/Night Clubbing. Are there any other videos from this collection out there.

Loving Murphy's take on HLAH!

Reptile with Twiggy on guitar remains one of my favourite live perfomances. And not just for the 'Twig' (you need to play soon you stoner) moment.
    Last edited by simonn; 04-25-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gladcarrot View Post
    Oh yeah, the vacuum cleaner part!
    It's a food processor (in my mind anyway)...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    What was Trent's longest haircut since he shaved it off on WT tour?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Is there a complete list of all the "easter eggs" that exist across the NIN catalogue? I was reading this article earlier today and it got me thinking, because that's the first I've ever heard of speeding up "Erased, Over, Out". The joke made me laugh a lot harder than it should have as well

I know of most of the stuff in relation to Year Zero and the CD itself, etc. but I was wondering how much more I may have missed.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Just hearing the NIN/Bauhaus 'Where darkness doubles light' music for the first time. Was previously aware (and a huge fan of) the video clips of Reptile/Leatherette/Night Clubbing. Are there any other videos from this collection out there.

Loving Murphy's take on HLAH!

Reptile with Twiggy on guitar remains one of my favourite live perfomances. And not just for the 'Twig' (you need to play soon you stoner) moment.
    There's also video for the songs performed with TV on the Radio. I'm sure there's a playlist but example:

Also, ninwiki's page on the entire thing http://www.ninwiki.com/With_Teeth:_S..._Collaboration

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    Is there a complete list of all the "easter eggs" that exist across the NIN catalogue?
    you know, having the complete list handy ruins the mystery, so to say...

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    speaking of easter eggs, i didn't know that somewhat damaged was on BYIT for a good solid year.

There is something about that fucking performance, where he says "lost my faith in everything...." HUH!
    and "this machine is obsolete" and then the whole stage and sound explode like some kind of big ahem...broken machine.
    Well fucksake i just realized i need a question....
    how much homo sex, on a scale of 1 to homo, were trent and co involved in during the, oh, i don't know, sin video days, or running around with brian warner and co days.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    Is there a complete list of all the "easter eggs" that exist across the NIN catalogue? I was reading this article earlier today and it got me thinking, because that's the first I've ever heard of speeding up "Erased, Over, Out". The joke made me laugh a lot harder than it should have as well

I know of most of the stuff in relation to Year Zero and the CD itself, etc. but I was wondering how much more I may have missed.
    I'm going to try the Radiohead 10 one now.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Well fucksake i just realized i need a question....
    how much homo sex, on a scale of 1 to homo, were trent and co involved in during the, oh, i don't know, sin video days, or running around with brian warner and co days.
    In an interview that sounds like it's from that general time period, Trent disused the idea of homosexuality along the lines of "I think I'd be good at it. I mean, I would know what feels good. But no, I'm not gay."
    I don't think Trent was ever homosex. The sin video is art. Brian was a crazy drugged up kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    In an interview that sounds like it's from that general time period, Trent disused the idea of homosexuality along the lines of "I think I'd be good at it. I mean, I would know what feels good. But no, I'm not gay."
    I don't think Trent was ever homosex. The sin video is art. Brian was a crazy drugged up kid.
    You mean the Details article http://nin-pages.de/1995_Details_April_english.htm
    The exact quote is: "I think about giving head, though. I don't know why I'm saying this, but I think about that. I'd be good at giving head, because I know what...(laughs)...I mean, no one knows how to jack yourself off better than yourself, you know?"
    And: "I mean, I really love women. I don't dislike men, and there's many times I've thought about it."

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Also, in the early days of NIN, he and Rich Patrick used to make out when they wanted to piss off bigoted types.