Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WitchGang - a virtual band supergroup

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    I might be coping here but I'm smelling a huge trolling or maybe... a ARG.
    Hey, if this whole thing results in a follow up to YZ or (giggle giggle) a NEW Tapeworm, I'm here for it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Let's not get carried away here. This is for Fortnite. It's not that deep. I don't see an ARG happening. I enjoy these songs for what they are. Timeless is definitely the better track. Hope there's more to come.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    This is the kind of pop i was hoping to hear out of the Halsey project. 9/10 lets party.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Shout out to my fellow ETS homies on the "supported by" lists on Bandcamp, where I definitely went in with "FIRST POST" vibes the other day, as I added to the cart and checked out

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Shout out to my fellow ETS homies on the "supported by" lists on Bandcamp, where I definitely went in with "FIRST POST" vibes the other day, as I added to the cart and checked out
    Whoop whoop!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Finally listened to these tracks via Bandcamp and not the videos. Timeless definitely has TR/AR vibes, I enjoyed this track more. Nothing's Alright is...alright...it feels like more generic pop, which I suppose given the Fortnite platform, makes sense.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

ha, I don't use the same screen name on bandcamp.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I don't see an ARG happening.
    Road trip to West Des Moines anyone?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Let's not get carried away here. This is for Fortnite. It's not that deep. I don't see an ARG happening. I enjoy these songs for what they are. Timeless is definitely the better track. Hope there's more to come.
    I exaggerated on the ARG part, but honestly still weird this was the result considering all the names on the project, even with the song being for Fortnite.

Gonna wait for what's coming next, I'm not gonna be this thread's 'Debbie Downer'.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Photoshop solves everything. Now we know what the band looks like. Case closed. You're welcome.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Spotify on PlayStation shows there are 10 songs for witchgang. Not sure if it's a glitch, I only see 2 songs displayed but total songs for the band says 10.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    So, I went looking for some business information on WitchGang. "WitchGang Records" (the releasing label) was a dead-end, as was a copyright search.

A trademark search, however, turned up this registration from October:
    https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=9...e=statusSearch

Credit junkies will recognize the filing attorney's name, Zia Modabber, as having been in Trent's legal team for decades. More interesting is the owner of the trademark, TRARMSA, LLC:
    https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_de/7178927

TRARMSA was founded a year ago. The corporate registration is a bit more opaque than other Reznor companies. The only listed officer is a professional registered agent company. TRAR most certainly means Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross. Any thoughts on MSA? Is that another name?

The other trademarks registered to TRARMSA are unfamiliar:
    https://uspto.report/company/Trarmsa-L-L-C

There's "Tremolo Music and Arts Festival" registered this summer. It was filed by Zia Modabber, so it could be related to Trent. I can't find anything for that name though, other than a Russian music festival (probably unrelated) and a Tremolo Festival in Seattle (also unrelated).

Then there's "RE/SKIN" which is something to do with downloadable digital music. That one was filed by an attorney, Isaac Fine, not previously associated with Trent. So, that's why I wonder if "MSA" is another person(s)?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    TRAR most certainly means Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross. Any thoughts on MSA? Is that another name?
    An MSA is a master service agreement. Considering the worth of their work and that they seem to be diversifying some of their assets as partners, it's not too far-fetched for Reznor and Ross to start an LLC based on an MSA.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I think it's totally fair to say that the traditional ETS user is not the audience here - and that's okay! Lots of positive comments in the YouTube clips of people playing this song on Fortnite.
    Which reminds me, did the Meathead comeback stick?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Spotify on PlayStation shows there are 10 songs for witchgang. Not sure if it's a glitch, I only see 2 songs displayed but total songs for the band says 10.
    Probably more to come, maybe a surprise release?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    My girlfriend works at Epic and crossed paths with Trent and Atticus a couple months ago. I got to hear a bit about the project, but it wasn't really clear what it was. Seems like it still isn't, lol. Curious to see where this all leads, though!

P.S. This was in the same several week span where she got to spend an entire day with Bono and do a quick 3D scan of Snoop at Unreal Fest. She's the worst.

P.P.S. I dig the music so far! Kind of a 100 gecs meets Billie Eilish vibe with a side of Gorillaz. I'm good with that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    so this shit is okay, but Tapeworm wasn't. sweet.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    How do you know it wasn't way worse than how you're perceiving these songs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    tapeworm put way too much pressure on them, this is much more lowkey

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    An MSA is a master service agreement. Considering the worth of their work and that they seem to be diversifying some of their assets as partners, it's not too far-fetched for Reznor and Ross to start an LLC based on an MSA.
    Yes, of course, you're correct, thank you. It's interesting, because based on the name, this is probably the first company that Atticus has some equity in. It's difficult to determine ownership interests in private companies, but just based on the annual status filings and officer listings, Null Corp (Nine Inch Nails) and Null Corp II (soundtrack work) are probably solely owned by Trent.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    so this shit is okay, but Tapeworm wasn't. sweet.
    Yeah, that’s a straight one-to-one comparison.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Ya this sucks.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This is absolutely unlistenable trash for me.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    you lot of tuesdays: we want new music!
    TR/AR and CO: WitchGang
    yloc: not like that!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I’d be happy if he hung it up rather than putting this trash out.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I like the idea of a fake AI band composed of real people making the music behind the scenes. A modern Kraftwerk. Musically this does nothing for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I know I’m pretty late to the discussion but gotta say that I’m digging both songs. At the beginning they were not what I was expecting and caught me off guard, however after a couple of listenings I’m on board. LOVE THEM

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Photoshop solves everything. Now we know what the band looks like. Case closed. You're welcome.

Jesus Christ what happened to their faces?!!?!?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Totally missed this thread/news entirely up until now.

This is how i feel about the whole thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Jesus Christ what happened to their faces?!!?!?
    I just camera raw adjusted it in PS. I think they're emphasizing the fact that they're not real people. And hiding it. I like how all the branding on clothing etc is pixelated too.