Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Gotta say, did a second full listen through this morning and my mind has changed quite a bit. At first felt it to be a pretty safe approach, "meh" album.

But, listening on a better system and headphones, I was able to hear all of the little textural notes and bits. Some good stuff here. Someone on here mentioned this needing an Atmos release, definitely agree.

Really thinking of coping that IMAX variant.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I hope the bonus tracks show up somewhere for download. I picked up the hi-res copy from Qobuz.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If folks like watching the lyrics while the music plays, but without distractions of a full-on music video behind it, I put a playlist of the official lyric videos together here:

I found myself enjoying it even more as there's a LOT of lyrical content in there.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    If folks like watching the lyrics while the music plays, but without distractions of a full-on music video behind it, I put a playlist of the official lyric videos together here:

I found myself enjoying it even more as there's a LOT of lyrical content in there.
    Thanks! I was definitely thinking I need a listen where I actually pay attention to the lyrics now that I have a good grasp of the album/music as a whole.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    okay after the first listen, really great album! Never thought I'd be excited for a Halsey album, but the theme of it is so powerful and I kept wanting more. You can hear Trent and Atticus all over this, especially that intro song. I also saw that Mat Mitchell from Puscifer engineered this with Atticus and Trent. Going to listen a few more times, but definitely in my top 5 for 2021 so far.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dzaver View Post
    Why isn’t the album in dolby atmos on apple music?
    cause maybe its an option and not a requirement for an artist to do that?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Mike Garson on the bonus track? People Disappear Here - Halsey

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    cause maybe its an option and not a requirement for an artist to do that?
    I don't think dzaver was complaining in the sense that you think they were... I think they were saying the same thing I was that this album would be really cool to experience in ATMOS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have luck getting the Walmart exclusive? Woke up early this morning so I could stop at my local Wally World to pick up their exclusive on my way to work. Not in stock. Doesn’t seem to be in stock at any of my area Walmarts. Maybe that’s just because I live in the middle of nowhere.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    Damn, another solid track.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I'm surprised how short it is (43 minutes.) I'm just casually listening right now during work and I'm like, "It's over already?" haha

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Anyone have luck getting the Walmart exclusive? Woke up early this morning so I could stop at my local Wally World to pick up their exclusive on my way to work. Not in stock. Doesn’t seem to be in stock at any of my area Walmarts. Maybe that’s just because I live in the middle of nowhere.
    I picked up one yesterday, they had 2. Seemed common, apparently Walmart's overachieving employees didn't really care about the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Goddamn, this album sounds sexy as fuck! Wasn't planning on buying anything physical, but the IMAX vinyl felt like the best option.

Is there an official PDF with the liner notes?
    Do you have the IMAX in hand? [someone else answered this]The Walmart copy had a single glossy sheet that directs you here for lyrics and credits. I tried my best to capture them on discogs, but man are there a lot of mixed contributors and credits. WTH is a "Treatments" credit?
    Last edited by ekrekel; 08-27-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    No, just ordered IMAX vinyl this morning. Sure as shit, I checked Amazon Japan again and they have "People Disappear Here" as a bonus track on their domestic CD. So I ended up buying another physical copy.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Ordered a target exclusive last night and this AM got an email and notification it was out of stock. Wut? Changed my pickup store and have another order processing. We’ll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’m listening to it on Spotify. HOLY SHIT. I never liked her popular songs but I love these songs!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I'm surprised how short it is (43 minutes.) I'm just casually listening right now during work and I'm like, "It's over already?" haha
    I'm already ready for the "producer's cut" with the bonus tracks and interstitial instrumentals from the film included.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    She's got some serious talent. Her vocals are on point, and work extremely well with the music that TR & AR put together for her.

I didn't really know her music at all before listening to this, but this is fantastic.

Whispers is my current favorite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Walmart app shows it as delivery only, but Brickseek says my local store does have a couple copies, not that I saw them anywhere. Guess I have to go back.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Amoeba Music has it in stock on their website, but its strange that they seem to be carrying a censored cover unless thats just for show. But if you dont care about the nipple being free, its there for the taking with free shipping. It will ship right away so if it shows in stock, they got it.

https://www.amoeba.com/if-i-can-t-ha...lbums/4250075/

edit: this website specifies the explicit cover despite the album art. Free shipping from them also and there is a 10% off coupon you can get. Ive ordered from them before.

https://www.popmarket.com/if-i-cant-...r/602438241934
    Last edited by suprefan; 08-27-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    It may be because i watched the movie, but Lilith is one of the sexiest instrumentation and vocal performances i've heard in a long time.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    It's completely baffling that this wasn't on the album. Especially with the legendary Mike Garson playing piano like that on it. Why on Earth would you relegate this to bonus track status when there's plenty of room on the album??

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

i listened to the whole thing this morning. FUCK THE HATERS!!! it’s so good.
    lilith is my favorite and i love darling. i love the whole album. i love the movie. LOVE IT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My two pennies worth...I like the first four and last four songs + You Asked For This, and 4-5 of those tracks will be among my favourite music of the year. I am not a woman, instant classic for me. I liked her vocal stylings. Who'd have thought I'd have liked this and Dua Lipa's latest....what is going on!?
    Last edited by simonn; 08-28-2021 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So my searching is failing me -- is there anywhere online where one can buy a FLAC (or otherwise lossless) digital version of the album? The best I've been able to find is mp3. I could just buy the CD, of course, but I admit that over the past few years I've been buying fewer physical copies of things.

Edit: of course like two minutes after posting this I come across: https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/612...7a00026f6e7d53 $18USD, though. I'm always disappointed when bands don't just have a bandcamp page.
    Last edited by xolotl; 08-27-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well I was going to wait on this but seeing as it seems to be pretty polarizing, I think I'll check it out since the Target next to my work has copies.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Gonna be writing a full review at some point, but jesus wow. I think I had an initial problem with (don't read if you're worried you might never unhear this) Spoiler: some of the very clear (yet understandable re covid) separation of produced vocal and music but now I'm sinking into it and yessssss, I love this.

'Easier Than Lying' has one of the best bridges, and I cannot believe those drums are programmed and not real. Wow.
    there was an album released last year that was recorded pre-covid but was done the same way: everyone recorded parts separately and the producer cut/pasted the album from that. You can really hear it and it's so confounding that they allowed it to be released when it's that obvious.

which is to say I get what you're saying.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    So my searching is failing me -- is there anywhere online where one can buy a FLAC (or otherwise lossless) digital version of the album? The best I've been able to find is mp3. I could just buy the CD, of course, but I admit that over the past few years I've been buying fewer physical copies of things.

Edit: of course like two minutes after posting this I come across: https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/612...7a00026f6e7d53 $18USD, though. I'm always disappointed when bands don't just have a bandcamp page.
    I think a flac will surface in a bit. Just gotta check the usual places on torrent. Major artists still havent turned to bandcamp despite all the visibility it got last year and how artist friendly they are. It is a surprise in general that NIN didnt make that sort of suggestion when it came to digital formats knowing the audience would
    probably want that.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I think a flac will surface in a bit. Just gotta check the usual places on torrent.
    Nah, not really interested in torrents, etc -- I haven't actually pirated music in ages. I'd rather that my money make it at least somewhere, even if it ends up being just at the label.

Agreed re: NIN, though at least the digital downloads for NIN stuff are basically always FLAC (and I always want NIN's physical releases anyway, so I can rip from CD if nothing else, though of course that doesn't work so well for vinyl.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post

make sure you use the HDTRACKS 20% code: AUGSTORE20

I got it for $15 instead.