Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live Canceled 2021: Another Version of the Virus

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Someone on Reddit claimed to have a source that confirmed a third Cleveland show. Take it with a grain of salt, but it can certainly happen. It's certainly weird that the current dates have a day in between, rather than being consecutive (as was done in 2018 with shows in the same city).
    Except for Vegas and LA. I don't think it's crazy to think that their gear just sits there on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Except for Vegas and LA. I don't think it's crazy to think that their gear just sits there on Wednesday.
    Somebody else mentioned the possibility that they could be doing RRHOF-related shit on Wednesday, which seems very plausible to me.

Also, I got to do the backstage thing with Alessandro, Robin and Ilan after the second Chicago show in 2018, and they talked about how on that tour while they'd spend their nights performing they would spend their days rehearsing. This was the night that they premiered AATCHB, and they were explaining how and why they played it that night. Knowing this, and working with the assumption that these two headlining shows will likely be preceding some festival shows, I wouldn't be surprised if they will be using Wednesday for rehearsal.

What I would be surprised about is for them to say that these are the "only headlining shows of 2021," only to then turn around and add a third Cleveland show.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    While I'd be happy if they are playing Riot Fest, because I love RF & any excuse to head to Chicago, I would doubt the speculation that they'll be on that one. RF likes to bring back all the usual suspects for lower and mid-tier bands, but they don't usually do repeat headliners that soon? Just my take.
    You make a good point, but they DID originally have My Chemical Romance as a headliner (who've never played it before) and Smashing Pumpkins are new to Riot Fest, as well. Besides, NIN were voted the best ever Riot Fest headliners, so that could give them some incentive to bring NIN back again. In addition, all of the following bands have been headliners more that once:

Blink 182 (2019, 2013)
    Flaming Lips (2019, 2016 in Chicago)
    Jawbreaker (2019, 2017)
    Rise Against (2019, 2014, 2012)
    Weezer (2018, 2015 in Toronto, 2014, 2011)
    Ween (2019, 2016)
    Iggy and the Stooges (2013 in Colorado & Toronto, 2012 in Chicago)
    Descendents (2012, 2011)

So, it's not impossible just because NIN were headliners in 2017. It's also been an extremely unusual year, so I'm sure if they can get a huge name like NIN, they'll gladly take it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    This was the night that they premiered AATCHB, and they were explaining how and why they played it that night.
    I'd like to hear more about this, please! You're very lucky, I would have absolutely loved to have been backstage hearing them talk about that (I was at that show, though!).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    You make a good point, but they DID originally have My Chemical Romance as a headliner (who've never played it before) and Smashing Pumpkins are new to Riot Fest, as well. Besides, NIN were voted the best ever Riot Fest headliners, so that could give them some incentive to bring NIN back again. In addition, all of the following bands have been headliners more that once:

Blink 182 (2019, 2013)
    Flaming Lips (2019, 2016 in Chicago)
    Jawbreaker (2019, 2017)
    Rise Against (2019, 2014, 2012)
    Weezer (2018, 2015 in Toronto, 2014, 2011)
    Ween (2019, 2016)
    Iggy and the Stooges (2013 in Colorado & Toronto, 2012 in Chicago)
    Descendents (2012, 2011)

So, it's not impossible just because NIN were headliners in 2017. It's also been an extremely unusual year, so I'm sure if they can get a huge name like NIN, they'll gladly take it.
    Point taken. But like I said, it's just my take on it. My feel is it's not as likely NIN would be back that soon, but I've been wrong before, and I'd be happy to be wrong on this one.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I hope they stream/record one or both nights, i'm so interested these dates!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    Somebody else mentioned the possibility that they could be doing RRHOF-related shit on Wednesday, which seems very plausible to me.

Also, I got to do the backstage thing with Alessandro, Robin and Ilan after the second Chicago show in 2018, and they talked about how on that tour while they'd spend their nights performing they would spend their days rehearsing. This was the night that they premiered AATCHB, and they were explaining how and why they played it that night. Knowing this, and working with the assumption that these two headlining shows will likely be preceding some festival shows, I wouldn't be surprised if they will be using Wednesday for rehearsal.
    Good point. Also, let's not forget this is Cleveland; Trent might like some time to visit with friends and family (Mercer is only 90 minutes away).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'd like to hear more about this, please! You're very lucky, I would have absolutely loved to have been backstage hearing them talk about that (I was at that show, though!).
    Yeah, right? I was really damn lucky indeed!

There wasn’t much more to that portion of the discussion other than the talk about how much they really loved having the chance to rehearse every day, and how much of an impact that (obviously) was having both on the amount of material they were able to play (and literally add more to every day) as well as on just how fucking well they were playing. I can’t remember if I recall them actually saying it out loud, but if nothing I definitely walked away with the sense that they felt very much at the top of their game at that moment, and were looking for further progression upwards.

As another aside, when Ilan first walked up to me he was like, “hey, it’s you!,” and I’m like, “yes, it is, it’s me. . . ,” having absolutely no idea why he would recognize me. He then went on to explain how he recognized my Aphex Twin shirt that he saw while he was playing. There’s a good chance I’ll be wearing my again, so if you see somebody Thursday night in an Aphex Twin shirt it’s probably me.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Anybody see any good deals near the venue? Since it'll be for three nights, I'm thinking of doing Airbnb since a lot of the chain hotels are charging weekday business traveler prices.
    Ive already got the Marriott at Key Tower booked for the week.

Having a day off in between shows makes sense. But also doing a 3 night run if it’s really the only headlining shows. I guess it helps save TR’s voice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone gonna catch a browns game on the sunday?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    LA was six shows in full so it made sense that the band had breaks, and Vegas that fall was consecutive dates on 11/30 and 12/1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Ive already got the Marriott at Key Tower booked for the week.

Having a day off in between shows makes sense. But also doing a 3 night run if it’s really the only headlining shows. I guess it helps save TR’s voice.
    Thanks for the tip, but $260 a night (times three) is pretty pricey IMO. Trying to find something for half that price, though I realize that may just not be possible.
    Last edited by buckets of lube; 05-13-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    LA was six shows in full so it made sense that the band had breaks, and Vegas that fall was consecutive dates on 11/30 and 12/1.
    I think they were referring the 2018 June run of shows in Vegas where they played 6/13, 15 & 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Thanks for the tip, but $260 a night (times three) is pretty pricey IMO. Trying to find something for half that price, though I realize that may just not be possible.
    Ah, yeah. I guess having two other people splitting it helps.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Seeing nin in Cleveland I feel like is a badge of honor... Hope I can score tickets tomorrow, Friday for a show.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Good luck everybody there. Enjoy! Because of the Covid procedures I'll stay in Europe this time. 2022 will be the next chance for more live performances and more easy travel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    I was going for singles and they all kept giving me the another fan message, nothing they showed me ever ended up actually available.
    I wish you luck today in the general sale!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    I think they were referring the 2018 June run of shows in Vegas where they played 6/13, 15 & 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With those Vegas shows, only 6/13 and 6/15 were initially announced as "the only summer 2018 North American performances", so adding a subsequent third show could be a precedent for Cleveland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best of luck to everyone looking to get what they need this morning. Currently in the Waiting Room on laptop. Did not prompt to that on phone.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Best of luck to everyone trying to score tickets this morning!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Good luck to all the NIN fans & fuck off to the parasitic resellers! NINONTOUR2021!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Aaaaand, we're frozen again. Haven't moved for like 3 minutes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got em!! I couldn't get floor, but I was able to get seated GA. Which is well and fine because I'll probably need to sit down in my old age

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Aaaaand, we're frozen again. Haven't moved for like 3 minutes.
    Same.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Screw Covid, if this is what buying tickets going forward is like then I won't be going to shows anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Same.
    same. stuck on queue #1613. LAME.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Looks like I am paying double the price at StubHub. FUCK.
    Last edited by OSLIN; 05-14-2021 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Absolutely insulting. Wouldn't give me the ability to get any tickets, then suddenly listed a ton -- of resales. This is the shittiest experience I've ever had trying for tickets in my life, for any band.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I could have had GA Bleachers, but I passed. Now nothing but scalpers at 6x the price.

Oh well, the borders might not even be open by then anyways, hopefully they'll be in Toronto in 2022 and I can catch them then!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
    Looks like I am paying double the price at StubHub.
    Double? You'll be paying triple, minimum.