Thread: The Heavy Thread. Deathcore, Black Metal, Metalcore and all things HEAVY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Two more days until this....uuunnnnggghh.

So this show was fucking gold. Jacob was actually working their merch booth pretty much the entire night and somehow recognized me as I walked up. 'How's the baby doing?' 'Uhh...wow. He's great, thanks how are your sons?'

So we got to chat for a while and he had a little pop up print shop so I managed to score a few artist proofs I've always wanted, so that was a quick $160 down. Then I went to the Cult Leader area and oh boy...so a few new shirt designs needed to be bought, and Anthony had a little binder of original sketches and prints, so had to drop another $100 to get a little sketch based on the 'A Patient Man' skull that was too slick.

As for the bands, man almost all delivered. Numenorean was first and holy shit were they good, just fucking doom epic. Call of The Void was meh...basic thrash. Neck of The Woods...a local Vancouver band that I've never been able to catch live (always opening for bigger acts rolling through) but am I glad I did this time. They were one of the highlights...I'll post a video, get in to them immediately. Sort of a Gojira vibe at times...but damn good.

Cult Leader was Cult Leader. Epic, sludgy...one of my favorite heavy bands, but I was choked with the festival format dictating they only got about 30 minutes before having to walk off. Got to talk to Anthony right after though so that was cool. Ken Mode was their usual spastic selves, and Xibalba was great. Converge...well, come on. Opened with Reptilian, blazed through their set and finished with Jane Doe. Strangely enough, I see a Pound video above and I shit you not, must've seen no less than about 5-6 Pound shirts last night. Good times. Getting home at 2am and being up at 6:30am to feed and change a baby though...not as good times.

edit: Wait, watching that Pound video...they were at the show last night lol. I walked past them at least 2-3 times while they watched the bands haha.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-25-2019 at 09:11 AM.