174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chikodelportiko View Post
    Video!!

... wtf. are they trolling us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    http://www.ninwiki.com/Keep_It_Together#Lyrics

There's going to be errors (no way in fuck is she saying disasembelee for example), but this is lyrics 0.1
    It sounds like she's saying disassembling.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Best music video I've seen in years IMHO!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I felt like I got video Rick Roll'd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With the way the title is stylized, my Year Zero offshoot theory doesn't seem that crazy

Quote Originally Posted by on another forum
    Year Zero was suppose to be a warning from the future to change our ways. We did change but maybe just enough to fuck with the future and not change the outcome? (or I guess if we are receiving the message this late, we delayed it a bit)

It makes sense that the more you mess with our present time, the more you inadvertently mess with the future. Those people aren't going to be the same.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I knew it reminded me of something. Akira Yamaoka goes hand in hand with these guys sometimes. All very talented buggers

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Meh, just something about this side project rubs me the wrong way. I think i'll just hold off for the next NIN record if that ever comes out. I juat can't get into HTDA no matter how hard I try, and this track is no exception. I Think it's her voice that bothers me. Even with Trent singing more clearly on this song couldn't save it, so maybe my problem with the song lies a little deeper than Mariqueen's voice. It's very repetitive and kinda of drones on for 5 minutes. It's almost like the song is building up to something, but then just fades out and you're left still waiting for that big payoff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes! A million times, yes! I liked the beginning but kept waiting for some sort of climax that never came!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Meh, just something about this side project rubs me the wrong way. I think i'll just hold off for the next NIN record if that ever comes out. I juat can't get into HTDA no matter how hard I try, and this track is no exception. I Think it's her voice that bothers me. Even with Trent singing more clearly on this song couldn't save it, so maybe my problem with the song lies a little deeper than Mariqueen's voice. It's very repetitive and kinda of drones on for 5 minutes. It's almost like the song is building up to something, but then just fades out and you're left still waiting for that big payoff.
    I am with you 100%. I keep hearing how this is going to be different than the first EP, and it sounds the same. Best song HTDA has done was the cover on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo soundtrack. Not a good sign when you best effort is a cover.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Has Trent been on Radio One yet?

THe new song is cool, but I can't say i'm blown away. I can see it being a grower though. I guess HTDA is going to be a bit like that.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Keep It Together

New single, new video, and we're cluttering up the EP discussion thread

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    All i can say is... eh?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Well, no one ever said we'd be getting a real music video for the song. Trent said they were working on "videos", and this probably isn't one of them.

I'll admit, I sat there the whole time waiting for something to happen, like the console blowing up or something.

Kind of like how I waited for something to really happen with the song.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Well everyone is entitled to their own taste and opiniont so it's all good. Not that you needed my permission in the first place or anything. I'm actually adoring their sound. It's so calm and collected. I'd go as far as to say I'm looking forward to the EP and LP more than potential new NIN stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't think the anticipation and hype serves this music well. I really enjoyed the track, but I don't see HTDA being the kind of music that blows your head off right off the bat. This might be music to come back to after the hype has died down a little. I found the same with the first EP and the Dragon Tattoo Soundtrack. It's seething and it gets under skin, all it needs is time.

Very reminiscent of Massive Attack in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love the new song. It'll aid me in writing papers this semester I'm sure haha.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Kinda slower then I'd expect for a single, but I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed it, wish I had my headphones cause I really appreciate the ambiance and left/right work.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I wonder if the video is ONLY trolling, or is related to the tape distortion of the artwork?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh, hey, this isn't so bad! Is this going to be the vibe they're going for with all their stuff, though? This very downbeat, ambient pop? "Keep it together___" is nice and all, but even an EP of songs that sound exactly like this would grow stale quickly. It appeals to the side of me that really likes weird noises, but there's not much tune to it, it's all tension and no release.
    Last edited by BlueCalx; 10-08-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if the video is ONLY trolling, or is related to the tape distortion of the artwork?
    I'm surprised more people haven't seen music videos like that. Either debut stuff or people filming a vinyl playing.

Example:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think Trent doesn't really give a shit about actual music videos anymore, so he just did it this way because he thought it was neat to show it playing off the reel.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's probably not a music video. It's probably just a way of putting a song on youtube more interestingly than using a still image.

Has Trent been on Zane Lowe's show yet? edit: fuck missed it. what did he say

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    He said they were going for quite a restrained approach this time around and experimenting with "space" in the music, something he "never really did with NIN". That and the full length LP is 98% finished.

Other than that nothing particularly insightful. Zane was trying to get more out of him but it didn't seem like he wanted to give anything away.

98%. Haha. Cry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    He said they were going for quite a restrained approach this time around and experimenting with "space" in the music, something he "never really did with NIN".
    I can definitely see what he meant by that, I only have listened to it on these shitty desktop speakers here at work and it 'felt' like a 'deep' song if you know what I mean. Honestly I didn't even listen to the vocals the couple times I listened to it, this one will be on repeat for a while picking out all the little things.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    It's probably not a music video. It's probably just a way of putting a song on youtube more interestingly than using a still image.

Has Trent been on Zane Lowe's show yet? edit: fuck missed it. what did he say
    That was one of my thoughts. It's much better than a static image that most use. The first 40sec of audio though...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    this is fucking doooopeee

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Not sure if I'm a big fan of this track, i don't hate it but really.... another "Discipline" style vocal hiccup, juggling vocal takes from Trent and Mariqueen with no real melody just out of sync and messy sounding.....

Some of Q's vocals even sound out of place in spots over this beat, it doesn't flow well for me...

I'm trying to find something to really hang on to here, something to like...

Listening to this track over and over, something's gotta give!

I can't see this as single and winning over the mainstream to a new band that's for sure.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    That and the full length LP is 98% finished.
    98%. Haha. Cry.
    This is what "SOON" means!