Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I trying to find a outer sleeve for this. I know someone posted the guy that gets the sleeves from the art store. But I don’t really like those plastic bags with the sticky on the back. I use these type of sleeves for my Steelbook movies and they are a pain and don’t want them to stick to the box. I like Sleevie Wonder but his shipping prices are way too expensive and someUK ones don’t ship to Canada. Anyone know where to get these at a decent price as I only need 1.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    I trying to find a outer sleeve for this. I know someone posted the guy that gets the sleeves from the art store. But I don’t really like those plastic bags with the sticky on the back. I use these type of sleeves for my Steelbook movies and they are a pain and don’t want them to stick to the box. I like Sleevie Wonder but his shipping prices are way too expensive and someUK ones don’t ship to Canada. Anyone know where to get these at a decent price as I only need 1.
    A transparent bag to fit over this thing? Comic/hobby store, maybe? If you're worried about resealable glue leaking inward, getting a resealable bag that top-loads, or just putting a small piece of paper beside it as a spacer could help.

This is definitely an oversize item, and personally, I wouldn't buy a bag for it from anyone online unless you can really see it up close... otherwise, how do you know it'll fit? As a last resort, maybe ask around at local hardware retailers, maybe one of them has a spare product sleeve that's about 14"x17" with room to hold the thing? I dunno, been a while since I was near Keswick, so I don't know realistically what your local options are. Did I just send you on a wild goose chase or is that sparking any ideas?
    Last edited by botley; 12-10-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I've read that those big-ass 2.5 gallon ziplock type bags (Hefty?) will work for box sets, and you can even cut the zipper part off if you want to.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I've read that those big-ass 2.5 gallon ziplock type bags (Hefty?) will work for box sets, and you can even cut the zipper part off if you want to.
    Yep, those are Hefty. Ziploc makes 10-gallon versions also, in case you want some extra plastic to fold over, etc. I usually cut a portion of each side and wrap it around rather than putting it inside the bag; think of it like wrapping paper. The 10-gallon ones come in 4 packs and can be purchased for $6–7.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yep, those are Hefty. Ziploc makes 10-gallon versions also, in case you want some extra plastic to fold over, etc. I usually cut a portion of each side and wrap it around rather than putting it inside the bag; think of it like wrapping paper. The 10-gallon ones come in 4 packs and can be purchased for $6–7.
    isnt that plastic bad? Shouldn’t it be acid free and what not? I did find some on bags unlimited but it’s in 50qt. I’m trying to get a sample or something as I saw ppl say they got a sample of the big one. Don’t want to buy something to find out I have issues and spend a lot just for 1 lol

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    isnt that plastic bad? Shouldn’t it be acid free and what not? I did find some on bags unlimited but it’s in 50qt. I’m trying to get a sample or something as I saw ppl say they got a sample of the big one. Don’t want to buy something to find out I have issues and spend a lot just for 1 lol
    As long as you don't plan on eating your box set, you should be fine.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    As long as you don't plan on eating your box set, you should be fine.

(sorry, rewatching hannibal right now)