Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Really Super Cool Electronica Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think that Jungle early DNB is some of the greatest music ever recorded.

Last edited by Highly Psychological; 02-07-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    this is seriously one of the coolest music videos ever made:

and of course it's awesome, because it's Cyriak, but that's some next level craziness

also, the song is good too

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    wasn't sure if to post it here or in the "best of 2013" thread, but the new Minilogue is a pretty unique and impressive album. Eight tracks clocking in at almost two and a half hours, and it's consistently innovative and interesting beyond that sales point.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-11-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    what the fuck is electronica? im a junglist to the core. try this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^is that a new DSL mix?

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey_mcpot View Post
    ^is that a new DSL mix?
    It's newish.
    I think it's the newest dieselboy. And it is fucking AMAZING (if you like the harder stuff.)
    I'm not sure how old you are, but one thing that sets this apart from the dieselboy of my misspent youth is just how far the genre has come over the years...it's truly incredible compared to ak1200's "fully automatic", dara's "future perfect" or dieselboy's " a soldier's story." (as wonderful, vital and seminal as all of those albums were.) DnB has evolved, and the result is truly mind numbing. instead of 10 or 12 tracks, this mix has fucking something like EIGHTY SEVEN tracks in eighty four minutes. If you still like the heavy stuff, this mix is for you!

Edit: just had to throw this in there...there's a bit of dubstep in the mix too.
    and while yer at it, dig THIS insanity....i guess it's what you'd call "drumstep."
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-16-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thought substance D and human resource were pretty sweet, but nothing touches system upgrade and the 6th session, they hold a special place in my heart (high school, ya know).

the last mix i got from DSL was "unleashed", which is why i asked if the mix you posted was new. its new to me! thanks again for posting it.

ever been to a planet of the drums party? AK, dara, DSL... sensory overload. they came through ON my birthday in 2003. best birthday present EVER.

dara - from here to there was my fav, though breakbeat exercise and further are also pretty awesome... i LOOOOVE this track..

okay, ill stop now

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    would it be appropriate to talk about new beat in here since we're covering a lot of electronica? EBM/synth offshoot, mostly penned by the same group of acid-rave belgians who wanted to focus more on the dance side of the spectrum. some really amazing electronic music from the late 80s/early 90s with a very particular sound. most popular tracks: lords of acid- i sit on acid & technotronic- pump up the jam (guilty pleasures), but here's a few favorites:

and then there's freestyle, but that's probably pushing it for the electronica thread .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    been listening to a lot of the early Detroit, Chicago Acid tracks from the late 80s recently. They are so dark and experimental some of them come across as Industrial. I remember Cabaret Voltaire and Psychic T.V really took to the sound.

Last edited by Highly Psychological; 02-07-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i LOVE trax and chicago house. the darker, the better!

(^when the synth kicks in at 1:05 or so...good lord)

& this is more on the dark italo tip (i think we tried an italo/synthpop thread i'll have to bump), but this was a great side project of legowelt...

and i love this mix of a techno classic:

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)

thought substance D and human resource were pretty sweet, but nothing touches system upgrade and the 6th session, they hold a special place in my heart (high school, ya know).

okay, ill stop now
    ok lolz you must be close to my age. Hell yes ive seen planet of the drums...3 times at trees in dallas.
    JUNGLIST MASSIVE UNITE!

BIG UPS on that devil inside track...GOOOD GOD i luv that track.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Ok, the kids have asked for this thread to be bumped, and who are we to deny them

And while I'm here, I'd ask that people consider buying the new Tipper EP, because the proceeds will go towards paying for his recent open heart surgery. And the music is drop dead fucking great.

http://www.addictech.com/p/131342

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the tipper update, i loved the last EP puzzle dust, and i LOVE that song jook. i must have played the shit out of that song at work, everyone is like what the fuck are you listening to. i just smile.

have you seen tipper's live show? its like tripping without the LSD.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    have you seen tipper's live show? its like tripping without the LSD.
    No, I'd love to see him live, even though I just recently got into his music. He's cancelled pretty much all his live dates this year because of his surgery though, but since he's recovering well I'll hopefully catch him sometime soon enough.

And while I'm here, Kraftwerk is recording a new album!!!

Everyone's been all excited about robots making disco lately, so it's about time the original German robots came out of hiding to make cold mechanical electronic music, proper.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    love Siriusmo, new album just came out and i'm digging it

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've enjoyed some Cold Cave. But I'm just listening to Dominick's Prurient releases. Holy shit. He might be my new T-Rez :x

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Aphex Twin slowed down turns out to be incredibly listenable and engaging.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Woah, that is very cool! Maybe I should try that with some Squarepusher...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Its not dark sounding, but any ever get into blondes? Acid House-Ish

http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...DWLjg2M9XE</a>

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Any ETSers doing their own brand of electronica? Would love to hear it. Always looking for remixers or collaborators.
    Last edited by neorev; 12-24-2015 at 02:30 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Wow, how did I not know about this thread?? Electronic music has been in my player the last 2 years more than any genre. I like everything from House, to dubstep, Trap, whatever other genres you can name, I like em. A list of some of my favorite artists:

Knife Party
    MiMOSA
    PANTyRAiD
    The Glitch Mob
    Dillon Francis
    Four Tet
    Burial
    Dogblood
    Boys Noize
    Ample Mammal
    Bassnectar
    Pretty Lights
    Blackmill
    Enso
    Feed Me
    Gramatik
    Mt. Eden
    Phaeleh
    Phutureprimitive
    RJD2
    Zerobit

..I can keep going here Just off the top of my head.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nice list you got there Self.Destructive.Pattern, lots of goodies

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If I really enjoyed "Immolate Yourself" by Telefon Tel Aviv, which of their albums should I check out next? And also, do you guys know if there are going to be reissues of their first two albums? I just checked their prices on Amazon and goddamn, they are expensive!
    Last edited by cahernandez; 02-02-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    If I really enjoyed "Immolate Yourself" by Telefon Tel Aviv, which of their albums should I check out next? And also, do you guys know if there are going to be reissues of their first two albums? I just checked their prices on Amazon and goddamn, they are expensive!
    You definitely need to check out all of their albums if you enjoyed the last one. Their first Fahrenheit Fair Enough is merely instrumental though, but still absolutely outstanding in terms of creativity/sound design. Also, do not forget their remixes for various bands!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I had never heard of The Nightcrawlers before this past weekend. A bit Tangerine Dream-ish. Their three albums are out of print.

http://www.soniccuriosity.com/sc036.htm

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    for those lovers of 90's electronic artists, such as The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Orbital, etc.

another great LEFTFIELD are releasing a new album titled "Alternative Light Source" on June 8th.

it just so happened to leak today in lossless and MP3

their last album "Rhythm & Stealth" came out 15 years ago
    their debut album "Leftism" is considered one of the greatest electronic albums of all time

2015 has been a great year for the old school "electronica" fans out there
    we got the new Prodigy record, 8:58 (1/2 of Orbital)'s album, new Leftfield, and new Chemical Brothers in July

and old school IDM greats like Aphex Twin and Squarepusher have released albums as well
    such a great time in electronic music for folks like myself

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    for those lovers of 90's electronic artists, such as The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Orbital, etc.

another great LEFTFIELD are releasing a new album titled "Alternative Light Source" on June 8th.

it just so happened to leak today in lossless and MP3

their last album "Rhythm & Stealth" came out 15 years ago
    their debut album "Leftism" is considered one of the greatest electronic albums of all time
    Leftism is still my favourite dance album of all time. Electronica does not get more exhilarating, Inspection Check One is the best big beat track ever. Whole album is an absolutely essential recording. Ive never heard an electronic album flow together so well, it has not dated either.
    Never really got into Rhythm and Stealth, its dissapointed many when it came out, it did have a couple of great tracks though, Swords in particular.

This new Leftfield im not sure about one of the founding members is missing, its a solo project for Neil Barnes now.
    I like the one new track ive heard, so maybe it will suprise me and be awesome.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Leftism is still my favourite dance album of all time. Electronica does not get more exhilarating, Inspection Check One is the best big beat track ever. Whole album is an absolutely essential recording. Ive never heard an electronic album flow together so well, it has not dated either.
    Never really got into Rhythm and Stealth, its dissapointed many when it came out, it did have a couple of great tracks though, Swords in particular.

This new Leftfield im not sure about one of the founding members is missing, its a solo project for Neil Barnes now.
    I like the one new track ive heard, so maybe it will suprise me and be awesome.
    I hear ya about this being more of a solo record, the new Chemical Brothers is looking the same way
    I'm actually a huge fan of "Rhythm & Stealth"
    I still quite enjoyed "Leftism" but love the variation/depth of the follow up, which seems less of dance floor record
    The new album ain't bad, but does feel different... that dub side is kinda gone
    Inspection Check One is a great song... I love Dusted from the second album and Snakeblood from The Beach OST
    I'm still trying to fully absorb the new album
    Gonna use the weekend to sit back and listen to it properly and in full with no distractions

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Can i just say that this whole "edm" thing sucks my balls?

every fucking show in the states is like 95% "edm" (which is, as far as i can tell, code for cookie cutter house music,) and 5% dubstep.

I miss DnB and downtempo and idm and, jesus christ, even breakbeat.

everything is so fucking housey these days.

i went to the first edc in dallas and saw a bunch of dope ass dnb acts. that was...2000 i think? yeah, i'm showing my age

i watched that edc movie that came out recently and it was nothing but nut hugging house.

:/

i think i'm living in the wrong country