Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep It Together

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Someone on vimeo says the instrument Rob is playing is the ondes martenot, FWIW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't keep myself from wishing it was something good like "We're in This Together"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I wasn't expecting anything, but now I want a live version, like The Slip DVD. Maybe the song will be better?

I'm pretty sure the song will make "more sense" with other songs' vibe-ish sound, but alone, I'm still not digging it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I liked the visuals, and there was some nice video work. Like when Trent was out-of-focus in the foreground when he first comes in with his vocal part. Or the way that you see lots of close-ups, but the end has that final reveal shot where they're all in frame, that looks cool. As for the song, well, its still kinda lame. I will admit, seeing them perform the individual parts improves it slightly. Still, hope other tracks on the EP are better.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    ok god fucking damn it. this has to be Rob trolling us with his sensitivity to things like the oxford comma:

Last edited by DigitalChaos; 11-01-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rob playing an instrument is the most interesting part to me. That, however, does not say much because I have never been a singles person. I find I appreciate songs in the context of an album then by itself. Even old NIN singles.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl View Post
    Rob playing an instrument is the most interesting part to me. That, however, does not say much because I have never been a singles person. I find I appreciate songs in the context of an album then by itself. Even old NIN singles.
    is the audio actually them playing? I could only hear it on my laptop speakers, and only got to hear about the first minute, but other than the little bass splooge and drum glitches at the start, it sounded pretty identical to the recording.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Someone on vimeo says the instrument Rob is playing is the ondes martenot, FWIW
    Actually that's a French Connection CV controller that Rob is playing, and it looks like he's using it to control that massive Serge (?) modular synth that's in front of it. And it sounds fucking fantastic.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    is the audio actually them playing? I could only hear it on my laptop speakers, and only got to hear about the first minute, but other than the little bass splooge and drum glitches at the start, it sounded pretty identical to the recording.
    It is not a live audio performance
    Last edited by jessamineny; 11-01-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    they seem so engrossed in whatever they're doing, they're practically the poster boys of "keeping it together".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kinda took me back to the old gave up video

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Is there a download of this available? Internet connection here can't handle the streaming video - even when it's buffered! Would love to just watch the download bar spiral for a couple hours and then watch this smoothly.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Is there a download of this available? Internet connection here can't handle the streaming video - even when it's buffered! Would love to just watch the download bar spiral for a couple hours and then watch this smoothly.
    I have used this to download a vimeo video before:
    http://downloadvimeo.com

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ...still not listening or watching this till the full EP is out... but goddamnit I want to!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed that. If enjoyed is the right word. Very serious video, but cool nonetheless. I certainly didn't have Rob down as the keyboard player until the very end of it. I just wanted Q to break out into a big grin at the end of it, but sadly no....

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl View Post
    Rob playing an instrument is the most interesting part to me.
    I think it's just a case of "Oh well, since he's in the band we'll just let him play that one simple part where we have not enough musicians for...". Kinda what Q did in one of the teaser videos for the EP when "BBB" was playing...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I wonder if Rob will be playing instruments on stage on a regular basis.

I enjoyed the video, thought it was well-made. I feel like it continued the trend of "Let's keep Trent out of the shots as much as possible" that HTDA has done since they formed.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I am never normally a fan of performance videos, but as this is the first time we've seen the band collective playing a song in full, fucking awesome.

But I also really wanted Q to crack a huge grin at the end, maybe I watch too much VH1.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    soon there might be another video. Today's video is not the same 2.40:1 aspect ratio as the screenshot posted on instagram a while ago.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I've been out of the game for too long it seems. I came here to be all happy and squeeing about the video, and reading through this thread reminded me that oh, yes, that's right: we're all NIN fans here. We hate everything Trent has ever done that wasn't that one song on that one album we liked way back when. Pft.

Anyway, I love it. I love the feel of the song, and I LOVE that it's going absolutely nowhere. It's got some tension which keeps it interesting, yet at the same time it's boring enough to be almost ambient (but not quite). As per usual, the lyrics are balls, but whatever. It's still no Deep.
    And I love the video: it's cool, it's nerdy, it has very little Trent and ATTICUS! looking so cool and Q. OH. MY. GOD. She sings like a wounded rabbit, but they found a way to make that part of the sound so it actually works, but she looks soooooo foxy. (See what I did there?)

Looking forward to hearing more.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Pretty basic for what I have to say. I think the song is good, the video is awesome and I can't wait for a tour announcement.

I think people who are hard on the song have to ask their selves a question " would you be so hard on it if it was released by someone who is not Trent Reznor?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Loved the video - was it filmed by Tamar Levine?

I find with the song, I love it while listening to it, but it doesn't stay in my mind for very long (I might just have that sort of mind).

Pitchfork need some new tags, this is just tagged as 'how to destroy angels', 'nine inch nails', 'trent reznor' - which belies the point he was getting across in techdirt!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    Actually that's a French Connection CV controller that Rob is playing, and it looks like he's using it to control that massive Serge (?) modular synth that's in front of it. And it sounds fucking fantastic.
    pretty sure that's what Atticus is doing. rob is definitely playing the ondes martenot.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I watched this clip in my phone with no sound and it looks fantastic.
    I love the visual ambiance portrayed in the studio.
    And hot DAMN what I wouldn't give to be let loose in that candy store.

(So I can play with the dogs and admire the pretty lighting)
    Last edited by somethingelse; 11-01-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Loved the video. Interested to see what it looks like in a full, live setting.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    pretty sure that's what Atticus is doing. rob is definitely playing the ondes martenot.
    Indeed, the wrist tat is the clue

edit: and screenshot showing all 4 members at work, because I got bored http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.co...t-to-right-rob
    Last edited by sheepdean; 11-01-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    it doesn't stay in my mind for very long
    admit it: you just can`t keep it together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Loved the video - was it filmed by Tamar Levine?
    that would be my guess. even though the aesthetic is consistent with what Rob's been doing.

BTW is Atticus' wife involved with the project in any way? this is turning into such a family oriented business all around.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The video is cool, I like it. Really looking forward to the release of the E.P.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I am also wondering who shot it. There are only 4 people listed as members. The only credits for the production were to HTDA