Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: nine inch nails 2016 speculation (fat lady singing edition)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The prospect of NIN in 2016 deader than a pedestrian in Grand Theft Auto.

PROVE ME WRONG TRENT.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 11-21-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post

PROVE ME WRONG TRENT.
    Suddenly, Trent posts a picture of an alive pedestrian in GTA

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Most likely only 3 weeks left as a possibility. It's not happening this week and probably not the last two weeks of the year, unless it happens on New Year's Eve.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Most likely only 3 weeks left as a possibility. It's not happening this week and probably not the last two weeks of the year, unless it happens on New Year's Eve.
    Radiohead gave Spectre as a Christmas present last year. TR might do something similar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's probably been stated somewhere here before, but I get the feeling that the Patriot Day movie was the project that popped up and has delayed new NIN. Fortunately, our guy seems to be determined to get SOMETHING NIN related out with the instagram comment/reply.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    It's probably been stated somewhere here before, but I get the feeling that the Patriot Day movie was the project that popped up and has delayed new NIN. Fortunately, our guy seems to be determined to get SOMETHING NIN related out with the instagram comment/reply.
    Honestly, I would be very surprised if anything popped up and delayed new nin. If anything, I think new nin would delay new nin. Maybe they have some big things planned outside of just the music that require it to wait. I can't imagine they are just arbitrarily recording music and when it's done it will just be released. There is usually some master plan (whether it happens or not). I have a feeling whatever nin related stuff comes out will have been quite a huge undertaking. With the exceptions of ghosts and the slip nin albums are usually pretty well-planned and include a lot of other things like changes to the live band, big stage setups, tours, art, videos, marketing (arg), etc...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Maybe that's a Ghosts V-VIII and they are waiting for the A+R packaging. That's why I always have 400€ blocked on my account. Just in case. I'm not eating much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So...........December 18..............is getting close, drop the bomb exactly a year latter!!!!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    NIN + APC 2.0 tour announcement plz.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Not only would it lend perfectly to a Fragile-heavy setlist, but all the more reason to bring Josh back as drummer.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That would be a dream tour for next year, and maybe a little likely. I mean, can APC really play the Hollywood Bowl on their own? It seems like they'd almost have to be with another high profile act to fill that place...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    APC can absolutely fill the Hollywood Bowl. They might need a bigger opener, but they dont need NIN. They're an LA band, with a huge LA fanbase.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    At this point APC + NIN would have to be coheadlining and tickets would be fucking impossible to get ahold of. This also seems way more suited for the 2017 live speculation thread rather than regularly bumping this one and making people think there's finally some news about something other than film scores.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No thanks. If anything, I want a NIN HEADLINING tour...not this co-headlining stuff he keeps leaning towards. Last time I saw them was the co-headlining tour with Soundgarden. I want cool, unknown bands that I don't even know about yet to open with short sets so I get maximum time with TR.

Also, every time I see APC, I tend to forget how boring they are in concert.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    No thanks. If anything, I want a NIN HEADLINING tour...not this co-headlining stuff he keeps leaning towards. Last time I saw them was the co-headlining tour with Soundgarden. I want cool, unknown bands that I don't even know about yet to open with short sets so I get maximum time with TR.

Also, every time I see APC, I tend to forget how boring they are in concert.
    It seems pretty standards these days for most acts to do solo headlining tours in major markets, followed by co-headliners in secondaries to draw larger crowds, reach new audiences and compensate for any lost money on the solo ones. NIN on the last several touring ventures even has pretty regularly gone between the two -- Lights in the Sky followed by NINJA followed by Wave Goodbye club dates that weren't even intended when NINJA happened, the festival 2013 tour and Tension followed by NIN/QOTSA, then solo Europe followed by the NIN/SG summer tour. Nothing too out of the ordinary at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It seems pretty standards these days for most acts to do solo headlining tours in major markets, followed by co-headliners in secondaries to draw larger crowds, reach new audiences and compensate for any lost money on the solo ones. NIN on the last several touring ventures even has pretty regularly gone between the two -- Lights in the Sky followed by NINJA followed by Wave Goodbye club dates that weren't even intended when NINJA happened, the festival 2013 tour and Tension followed by NIN/QOTSA, then solo Europe followed by the NIN/SG summer tour. Nothing too out of the ordinary at all.
    Right, but I'm in a major market (Dallas/Ft.Worth...the largest metropolitan area in the south) and he skipped us for the Tension tour...but they played EL FREAKING PASO (which I'm still bitter about.)

I know there's less risk in planning when you're drawing from two fanbases for a co-headlining tour, so it makes sense for him...but as a selfish fan, I want MORE!! I'd love "An Evening with NIN" tour where there's no opener and he just plays everything...like those final Wave Goodbye setlists. Oh well...one can dream.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    APC can absolutely fill the Hollywood Bowl. They might need a bigger opener, but they dont need NIN. They're an LA band, with a huge LA fanbase.
    I dunno, that's well over 17,000 seats according to the internet and don't think they could come close to filling it by themselves. Looking at their 2011 dates they played one show at Gibson ampitheatre in LA, which is just over 6,000 capacity.

NIN & APC would be a great fit (as good a fit as any for a co-headlining tour, anyway- there is the eventual "watered down" thing to consider) for a large venue tour, just doubt it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Not only would it lend perfectly to a Fragile-heavy setlist, but all the more reason to bring Josh back as drummer.
    Well..... that would be awkward!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    @Krazy , my mistake. I thought the Hollywood Bowl was around 10,000....not 17. You're right.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Okay... It's time for the Demon Seed to show itself again!!!!!

We are in the final month of 2016 and I am extremely eager to hear what's been going on in Trent's (NIN) head & (NIN) studio. When you need to step away and leave your element you will re-discover both what you hate and what you need in life... There have been a lot of changes for him in the past 5 years... and big changes will tug on new emotions and even some old forgotten ones (In my opinion).

Time for a status update/weather report.....

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    All I can say is December fucking first, Reznor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    What if the new music in 2016 is the friends we made along the way

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Add Failure to open for them both, and I'm down with this.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    See that's funny 'cause I've only lost friends this year and haven't made any

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    See that's funny 'cause I've only lost friends this year and haven't made any
    Sounds like a chorus for a NIN song to me!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    hahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There is a place that still remains
    It eats the fear it eats the pain
    The sweetest price we'll have to pay
    The friends we made along the way

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    I rarely check in these days and haven't posted in maybe three years, but that was so goddamned funny, sheepdean, I felt obligated to log in and tip my hat. I needed that laugh.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I rarely check in these days and haven't posted in maybe three years, but that was so goddamned funny, sheepdean, I felt obligated to log in and tip my hat. I needed that laugh.
    I'll tip my own hat to you. You posted some high-quality, walls of text I enjoyed reading back in the day.

See you when the ...album...or, something... drops.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just checking in... still nothing yet? Maybe December 31st at dusk....

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Hey guys remember when one of the admins said that this thread was gonna be a lot more tightly-modded to only have actual spotting and/or news since things were "starting up again" or something like that and it seemed like there was gonna be too many actual developments to allow for drift

Aha

Ahahahahahaha