Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Joy Division/New Order

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Just heard "Music complete" and i liked it a lot!
    I admit that i wasn't excited for the album because of Hook's lack of involvement, but to be honest this album is as good as any of the other NO records, love all the tracks, especially "Academic".
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 10-02-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Strong album. My faves are Tutti Frutti; Stray Dog; Academic; Nothing but a Fool.

I like it enough to even be tempted by the longer mixes boxed set, if I can justify the outlay. I don't suppose they've leaked yet...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Lost in the hubbub about Music Complete is apparently a newly remastered version of Low Life is out - possibly Vinyl and Digital, at least. In a recent interview for Vice, Stephen Morris mentioned that there had been a mastering cock-up on the original release and it sounds like they may have only just sorted it out:

Somewhere at Factory when the record got mastered there’s this little- in the early days of digital recording there was a little thing called an emphasis flag, and basically what it did was rolled all the bottom off your recording and made it sound a little bit funny, and unfortunately someone pressed this button somewhere along the mastering stage and it made a mess of it basically. Some copies of it sound absolutely terrible, and yeah it’s taken a long time to get to the bottom of that one. People have said ‘We’ve remastered it’ and you’d listen to it and say ‘This sounds awful!’

So, I haven't heard the new one master yet, but I'm very curious.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I never really considered Bernard to be a good lyricist, by any means. So I'm ok with that. It's the music that most matters to me with them. Then again, I haven't heard the new album yet.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ...and I am already liking also the tracks which haven't impressed me on the first try, e.g. Tutti Frutti (who else could seriously name a song like this, typical New Order, heh) or Unlearn This Hatred. The album peaks for me around tracks Acadamic and Nothing But a Fool, beautiful. And I still want instrumentals, especially Stray Dog. :-)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    ...and I am already liking also the tracks which haven't impressed me on the first try, e.g. Tutti Frutti (who else could seriously name a song like this, typical New Order, heh) or Unlearn This Hatred. The album peaks for me around tracks Acadamic and Nothing But a Fool, beautiful. And I still want instrumentals, especially Stray Dog. :-)
    I'm wondering whether the extended mixes will be largely instrumental (the extended bits, at least). If they're like classic 12" mixes they should have plenty of hooks and loops. I can't actually imagine some of the songs being longer, they are IMHO very well structured already.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    next single likely to be Tutti Frutti

remix by Hot Chip

https://soundcloud.com/neworderoffic...-remix/s-DMMdc

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    So the boxed sets are shipping, buyers are getting their download codes but it doesn't look like the extended mixes (not available to purchase outside of the boxed set... yet) have leaked.

I was so, so close to pushing the button on the box set myself but I've seen some photos of the ones that are shipping now and it seems to be pretty low quality.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a rip of the extended mixes yet? A rip from the CD containing them on the box set, not a vinyl rip?

PM me plz.

edit: never mind, got it!
    Last edited by Ryan; 12-05-2015 at 06:13 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Academic and Tutti Frutti have been released in multitrack format ("STEMS"):

SonicState

available from e.g. Juno download

http://www.junodownload....extended-mix/2957520-02/

It appears to be a set of AAC or ALAC files inside an MP4 container: 4 tracks per song.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tutti Frutti vinyl turned up in stores today

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Next single is Singularity - cover art is a change of theme from the rest of the album stuff (sorta)

http://singularity-neworder.com continues to be updated, there's something by JMJ up there

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Orkestra Obsolete Performs ‘Blue Monday’, 1933 Style
    http://www.synthtopia.com/content/20...ay-1933-style/
    Cool! :-)

Edit: And since I am already writing, one silly note - I like to think about "Thieves like us" as "Thieves DO like us" - not comparison, but TO like... ;-)
    Last edited by Substance242; 03-08-2016 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Singularity on Colbert

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    New Order are playing 4 shows here at the Sydney Opera House for Vivid - two of them are going to be with an orchestra.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    After much delay and the surprise of the Colbert performance I finally checked to the new album. Great stuff. I've deprived myself for 6+ months for no reason.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Sounds like the extended mixes are getting a double CD release in the US. Bit pissed, I dropped £100 to get them when they were "exclusive".

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    New Order are playing 4 shows here at the Sydney Opera House for Vivid - two of them are going to be with an orchestra.
    Also, Stephen says he's working on a new box set with rare tracks and video clips, etc:

http://forums.neworderonline.com/def...3429#post23211

Japan will release a special edition of Music Complete with an exclusive cassette and 3 disc CDEP and such designed by Peter Saville:

http://forums.neworderonline.com/def...3421#post23141

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Complete Music:

http://forums.neworderonline.com/def...3440#post23439

Due to overwhelming demand, we’re making the extended versions from the limited edition vinyl box set available on CD and Digital for the first time.
    Apart from ‘Singularity (Extended Mix)’ which was included on the single release, this is the first time these mixes are available outside of the box set (the extended versions of ‘Restless’ and ‘Tutti Frutti’ which have been released were alternative mixes).

Featuring alternative artwork from Peter Saville, and housed in a cardboard slipcase, Complete Music is released as a 2 CD set and both standard and hi-res audio downloads. Both the physical and digital editions also include the original album.

After we’d released the Music Complete album we felt that a couple of the extended versions could be improved upon, so this edition actually features brand new extended versions of ‘Nothing But A Fool’ and ‘Superheated’. As you’ve already purchased the extended mixes vinyl box set from our store, we wanted to say thank you and let you know that you’ll get these two new mixes sent you to download for free on the May 13th release date.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Complete Music: Very good, too! Download FLAC 96 kHz, contains also original Music Complete.

It's like Music Complete version 1.2, most songs stretched to 8 or 9-minute mark, but no big changes, more prominent bass, I like this rehash.

(Though, I don't know why "The Game (Extended Mix) HD" and "Singularity (Extended Mix) Digital Track HD" were included as separate downloads, they're bit-same as inside the main zip, also download crashed if I tried to download more than one file at a time.)
    Last edited by Substance242; 05-16-2016 at 05:03 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    For anyone not aware, all the tracks on "Complete Music" are the exact same extended mixes as presented (exclusively, originally) on the vinyl box set release of Music Complete. The only difference is Nothing But A Fool and Superheated are (Extended Mix 2), and are different from the original extended versions found on the box set. If you want the original extended mixes of those two you need the box set version. Or a rip of it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    As its the anniversary of Ian Curtis' death, the Guardian reproduced this really sad piece by Peter Hook.
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...curtis-suicide
    Last edited by WorzelG; 05-18-2016 at 03:17 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    As its the anniversary of Ian Curtis' death, the Guardian reproduced this really sad piece by Peter Hook.
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...curtis-suicide
    Great article. His book 'Unknown Pleasures' is essential reading for any Joy Division fan.

Anybody know how Bernard's book turned out?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    First show with orchestra at Sydney last night, they did Decades:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/new-or...-23fed47b.html

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    First show with orchestra at Sydney last night, they did Decades:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/new-or...-23fed47b.html
    The videos from this are immense

(KW1)

(Decades)

(Lonesome Tonight) -- presumably that hasn't been played for a while either EDIT oh, loads

etc.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    People On the High Line new single info -

http://forums.neworderonline.com/def...3528#post24221

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Not sure if this got a mention already, "Singles" is being remastered. Quoting the press release,

replaces the correct single edits or mixes for the tracks 'Nineteen63', 'Run 2', 'Bizarre Love Triangle', 'True Faith', 'Spooky', 'Confusion' and 'The Perfect Kiss'.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Ian would've turned 60 today.

Here's a letter he sent to Rob Gretton after recording Closer:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Newly surfaced photo

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Not exactly NO news but the NOOL forums have been down for a few days now, seems their DNS record is borked (no address for forums.neworderonline.com).