Page 20 of 195 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey_mcpot View Post
    i listen to them when i first buy them, then every once in awhile. i just dont want to touch the IPS single cause its pressed on chocolate, lol.
    I, uh, I don't think it's real chocolate, my man.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I, uh, I don't think it's real chocolate, my man.
    Actually, it is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I used to be caught up in collecting expensive limited editions that only got stored as an investment... then I sold a bunch that I will probably never see another copy of to fund my live bass rig. I noticed I had more in boxes than on my listening shelf so I decided to concentrate on what I will actually spin. I still buy a box dweller from time to time but I kinda went overboard on getting caught up on my spinners the past few months, lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ditto. i'm such a sucker for box sets and special editions, but i also like to actually listen to my records. i clean every side of every record with a static master before i play it so they stay in good condition.
    I brush mine before and after every spin too, although I do need to invest in a better brush someday. Do you ever wet clean your records? I have the Groovemaster Label Saver that I use all the time... I even use it to clean records that come sealed. I looked into other systems but didnt want to spend a ton on a vacuum system and everything else didnt protect the label from getting soaked.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Actually, it is.
    Seriously? I've heard of shit being pressed on "chocolate" colored stuff, but I have never heard of anything being pressed on an actual hunk of candy before.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Seriously? I've heard of shit being pressed on "chocolate" colored stuff, but I have never heard of anything being pressed on an actual hunk of candy before.
    It was the first time it'd been done.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i listen to them when i first buy them, then every once in awhile. i just dont want to touch the IPS single cause its pressed on chocolate, lol.
    wait, it's actually made of chocolate!? i thought it was just chocolate coloured! hahaha. keep that shit in the fridge!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Vinyl Collectors Unite!

I don't buy records unless I intend to listen to them and enjoy them. I used to have this GIGANTIC collection. I just bought everything I could that I figured I SHOULD own.

Turns out I don't care a whole lot for stuff I SHOULD have. Got rid of a few hundred records a few years back.

Out of all that, I regret getting rid of about 5 records overall. But the rest doesn't bother me.

Now I focus really hard on music I really like. It's a lot more fulfilling to have a relationship with each and every record I own.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    wait, it's actually made of chocolate!? i thought it was just chocolate coloured! hahaha. keep that shit in the fridge!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    "black metal marshmallows" hahahahaha that video was amazing.

i'm not surprised the record sounds awful (and destroys itself as you're playing it) but it's a really cool concept.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally spinning "the seer" by swans. six sides, a few seconds under 2 hours long, sounds incredible for a non-heavyweight pressing. i also much prefer the vinyl tracklisting to the digital/CD version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the curious part is ~ what does it actually sound like? but yeah, i dont even want to get my fingerprints on it heh.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    the curious part is ~ what does it actually sound like? but yeah, i dont even want to get my fingerprints on it heh.
    It sounds like this.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    finally spinning "the seer" by swans. six sides, a few seconds under 2 hours long, sounds incredible for a non-heavyweight pressing. i also much prefer the vinyl tracklisting to the digital/CD version.

The Seer sounds so great on vinyl. The only buzzkill is the songs split across two sides. I get that theirs no way The Seer could fit on one side, but they didn't technically have to split The Apostate.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    The Seer sounds so great on vinyl. The only buzzkill is the songs split across two sides. I get that theirs no way The Seer could fit on one side, but they didn't technically have to split The Apostate.
    it's a little odd, yeah, but, like i said, i really like this version of the tracklist better than the CD/digital version. i think the only thing i wish is that the fades were more subtle.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    HOLY HELL, does anyone else have the TRON Legacy OST LP? The going price on ebay is insane!

I'm half tempted to sell my sealed copy....
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 05-10-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Bought today:
    Procul Harum - A Salty Dog (unplayed)
    Tubeway Army - Replicas

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    HOLY HELL, does anyone else have the TRON Legacy OST LP? The going price on ebay is insane!

I'm half tempted to sell my sealed copy....
    ....good lord, that's ridiculous for a pressing of 10,000.

Never getting rid of my copy. One of my favorite soundtracks.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    saw Young Widows open for Boris tonight (didn't stay for much of Boris...they're good but i didn't love them enough and i've been sick all week) and picked up the 7" of "Future Heart"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    It sounds like this.
    so in other words, it sounds terrible

i dont care, didnt plan on playing it... ive always wanted a copy of it. and these assholes eat their copies right after playing them!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Got this and it sounds incredible

i ate my 150 dollars ticket so I thought I owed it to myself to but this

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i thought about getting it but then decided against it...now i'm regretting it. :/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    picked up the 180g Back To Black version of The Downward Spiral today (i have the original promo-only version). hoping it sounds as good as it says it should!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    i thought about getting it but then decided against it...now i'm regretting it. :/
    You can still get the DCD In Concert records on Amazon. I just ordered mine. The reissue box set is out of print though

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    I can't imagine lots of those inner paty system records made it through sipping. AND, if you ordered a copy, and it arrived broken, would they give you another? Seems like a dangerous venture, also, how the hell is that supposed to last in places with warmer climates?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    heres a good record for this thread:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

I once ordered Puscifer's "C is for", but it arrived warped. Sent it back for an exchange, and the new one was warped in the same way. Both were unplayable. Conditions was fine, though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    newest acquisitions (via amazon)

diamond eyes (on white vinyl) and s/t by deftones

the birds ep by telefon tel aviv

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I once ordered Puscifer's "C is for", but it arrived warped. Sent it back for an exchange, and the new one was warped in the same way. Both were unplayable. Conditions was fine, though.
    this is a livesaver:
    http://vinylflat.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This just got here today! I have been wanting this record for ever now... I actually found it on ebay in the US shipped for $20! I had only been able to find them in Japan for $100 before... so happy I didnt give in to that price!