Page 43 of 216 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Why weren't the The Fragile, La Mer, and No, You Don't Versions included on Things Falling Apart? The albums only 10 songs, they couldn't fit in 3 more? Or were those done after TFA was already completed/released?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Pretty sure they were done before TFA. No idea why they weren't on there other than maybe they wanted all new stuff for the release, and those were already "out there" on the site.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    which might be the only video available
    It's not the only video of course. AVOTT has been used this way at every show that they used screens that year (to fill the time when they change the gear on stage), so it's available on pretty much every full-length video source as well (from the top of my head - Moscow, St Petersburg, Bologna, there are probably more). It's just that there's not much to film in the darkness and therefore not many separate clips of it floating around.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja77 View Post
    Does anyone know who was responsible for putting together the "Eraser/Hurt/The Downward Spiral" screen visuals used on the Self Destruct tour? Just curious.
    I've always wondered that myself. At first I thought it could've been Peter Christopherson since they worked a lot together during that time and I know that Peter did some visuals for the first few Fragility shows (before they started to use Bill Viola's videos).

It turns out though that it's Simon Maxwell. He's credited in the Closure credits as director and editor for Hurt and Eraser, and nin's official youtube channel credits Maxwell on both of those videos as well. Not sure about TDS visuals since they only show short clips of that projection.

Strangely, his IMDB page even says that he did Wish, but that was in fact Peter Christopherson.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    Strangely, his IMDB page even says that he did Wish, but that was in fact Peter Christopherson.
    He did Wish live, that's also on Closure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Does anyone experiencing an issue to d/l the album (from nin's site)?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    [I moved this]
    Last edited by Sesquipedalism; 09-10-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    According to ninwiki, the vinyl sides are a, b, c etc so it looks like Trent is just being biased toward Americans. Maybe because he's afraid of them.

That was a very interesting question though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thinking of covering Hesitation Marks, mainly piano cover, anyone think a transcription to piano would be good (sound wise) or be interested?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It turns out though that it's Simon Maxwell. He's credited in the Closure credits as director and editor for Hurt and Eraser, and nin's official youtube channel credits Maxwell on both of those videos as well. Not sure about TDS visuals since they only show short clips of that projection.
    those credits are for the actual videos on Closure, not for the screen projections.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Im looking for the seed 6 ninja tour ep, where the with teeth bsides are, anyone know where can I find it? I searched torrents and are all dead

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus View Post
    Im looking for the seed 6 ninja tour ep, where the with teeth bsides are, anyone know where can I find it? I searched torrents and are all dead
    i have just the NIN tracks from it in 320kbps (i believe)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    http://www.portraitofdecay.com/dl.ni....y=29&submit=1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    yep, I went there , thanks, but the torrents are all dead and I wanted the .wav to burn a cd, but anyway Thank you!!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Bottom of the page here:

http://www.seven1963.org/NINAudio.htm

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    those credits are for the actual videos on Closure, not for the screen projections.
    Hmm, I guess you might be right. I wonder then if it could have been Peter Christopherson after all.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Hmm, I guess you might be right. I wonder then if it could have been Peter Christopherson after all.
    i wouldn't be surprised. given all of the work he did for the in-between segments on closure, it seems reasonable that he could/would have assembled the hurt background footage.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised. given all of the work he did for the in-between segments on closure, it seems reasonable that he could/would have assembled the hurt background footage.
    It would make sense.
    It would also make sense for NIN to include the name of the editor/director of the footage on their official youtube page for the Hurt and Eraser live videos. Right now it only credits Simon Maxwell.
    Last edited by hobochic; 09-11-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Bottom of the page here:

http://www.seven1963.org/NINAudio.htm
    Thanks a lot for your reply! you guys are great!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    It would make sense.
    It would also make sense for NIN to include the name of the editor/director of the footage on their official youtube page for the Hurt and Eraser live videos. Right now it only credits Simon Maxwell.
    Well, the stuff from the "Eraser/Hurt/TDS" projections is stock footage so it's probably more of a question of who edited it, rather than who directed it. That could have been just about anyone. I know that only makes things murkier, but I thought I'd put that out there just so that we know we're not necessarily looking for a director.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Well, the stuff from the "Eraser/Hurt/TDS" projections is stock footage so it's probably more of a question of who edited it, rather than who directed it. That could have been just about anyone. I know that only makes things murkier, but I thought I'd put that out there just so that we know we're not necessarily looking for a director.
    True. The project still had to have some art direction, which most probably came from Trent, and/or Peter C, aside from editing though. Together those three clips are still some of my favorite live NIN moments, even more powerful than the high tech stuff they're touring with today. Can't say I'm not dying to see this upcoming tour though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    **thanks for the response!

Can anyone direct or send me a link to download "10 Miles High," "The New Flesh," and "Please (+Appendage)?"

please...
    Last edited by captainbeyond; 09-12-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    Can anyone direct or send me a link to download "10 Miles High," "The New Flesh," and "Please (+Appendage)?"

please...
    check your PMs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    so as some of you may know Im collecting the seeds, and thank to some of you I already have 2 to 7, now Im looking for the seed 01 nin colected in .iso format, as it was a free dvd I dont think is ilegal to ask for that, isn it?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    so as some of you may know Im collecting the seeds, and thank to some of you I already have 2 to 7, now Im looking for the seed 01 nin colected in .iso format, as it was a free dvd I dont think is ilegal to ask for that, isn it?
    I mean, if you're collecting them, why not go for an original? They're still pretty cheap

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    This may be a long strecht but it has to be out there:

In 2005 I was skimming through the internet looking for music videos in mov or mp4 format. I stumbled upon a portfolio trailer by a director/animator etc. (I don't know anymore) which featured bits and pieces of several live documentaries and music videos. There was footage of a scraped QOTSA DVD from the songs for the deaf tour as well as some NIN among other artists I can't recall right now.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It's long ago and I can see it in front of my eyes but can't seem to find it anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I mean, if you're collecting them, why not go for an original? They're still pretty cheap
    oh! I didnt knew that seed 01 was in sale

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a list of the live videos NIN have uploaded? First ones I remember were Great Destroyer and Me, I'm Not from Year Zero and then there seemed to be alot after the 1,000,000 at Red Rocks. Thank You.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
    Does anyone have a list of the live videos NIN have uploaded? First ones I remember were Great Destroyer and Me, I'm Not from Year Zero and then there seemed to be alot after the 1,000,000 at Red Rocks. Thank You.
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...2009-HD-Videos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In the 2013 rehearsals that leaked, where does TR say something about 'faking playing something' during a certain song? I read about it somewhere here but listened to it but couldnt find it