Page 27 of 216 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Why didn't you ask about that specifically (in Marketplace) instead of some vague hypothetical about how you've been having a hard time finding one.
    Once I posted here,I found the seller and then my price range changed.Sorry for posting in the wrong thread anyway and offending that tony.parente dude.

Oh and thank you for the shipping info.Last time I ordered something from the US,the lowest shipping rates were pretty expensive and since that I don't trust US shipping that much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what the sound quality is like on the regular TDS vinyl vs the picture disc release? I know Trent wasn't involved with the picture disc so I have no idea how it'll sound.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'll just both. That way I don't have to worry about the pic disc getting scratched
    Last edited by sa_nick; 07-26-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    Does anyone know what the sound quality is like on the regular TDS vinyl vs the picture disc release? I know Trent wasn't involved with the picture disc so I have no idea how it'll sound.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'll just both. That way I don't have to worry about the pic disc getting scratched
    there's no picture disc on earth that will sound as good as the non-picture disc version; the fact that paper is stuffed into the grooves is pretty much a solid 'never going to sound good' indicator. (and TR wasn't involved with the non-picture disc release either, they're both label cash grabs.)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    (and TR wasn't involved with the non-picture disc release either, they're both label cash grabs.)
    are you referring to the original promo only version that came out in '94, or the "back to black" reissue that came out a couple years ago?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    since when is a perfectly high quality re-issue of an out of print album a cash grab? did trent not want the album out on vinyl? never got the upset behind that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Good question. Is the audio on the BTB release inferior in some way? (Non picture disc versions I mean)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Good question. Is the audio on the BTB release inferior in some way? (Non picture disc versions I mean)
    i listened to it last month and it sounded fine to me. maybe not quite as dynamic as the original promo-only version (which i also have), but still darn good.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    indeed i meant the 'Back to Black' reissue, but it's just the same as the original promo anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    since when is a perfectly high quality re-issue of an out of print album a cash grab? did trent not want the album out on vinyl? never got the upset behind that.
    because they didn't even bother fixing the tracking errors? it's literally and exactly the promo that wasn't released properly in 1994, no alterations, not even the new remastering. why wasn't the promo issued properly when the album came out? it's a guessing game, but looking at the scant facts we have, it seems likely that errors such as the intros of IDNWT and Reptile being left on the ends of the previous sides would have prevented a details guy like TR from letting it out the door. all Island/TVT probably wanted to do in 2008 was slap that baby on the shelves because vinyl is the retro hot ticket item and they'll be damned if they won't have one of their classic '90s allstars roster (and TVT's biggest money maker) not represented on the returning fad (debatable, but i'm talking like the record label here). look at the care that went into preparing all the audio for The Fragile vinyl, or even just the PHM remastered vinyl — he separated Sanctified and SICNH, a segue that was obviously very carefully constructed using Piggy himself, because professionals adapt the album sequence to fit the delivery medium or you have a shit quality product that rips people off.

i also doubt, from his track record, TR would ever be okay a picture disc for a major LP. what crap. the whole deal is a waste of cash. (i'm sure the artwork looks nice, but that doesn't justify those prices. go buy those album cover flats from The Spiral to hang on your wall.)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    I believe with picture discs, the actual grooves are pressed into a plastic laminate. The few I have all have very noticeable surface noise that's absent from their standard black vinyl counterpart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man, I remember reading about the Reptile ending but I didn't know IDNWT had it as well. So fucking lame. I assume the BTB release didn't bother to correct it either .__.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Who is Blumpy? I see him credited all the time as engineering, etc, did a Google search and got this -

Urban Dictionary: blumpy

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blumpy
    The act of giving head while the receiver is taking a shit.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Who is Blumpy? I see him credited all the time as engineering, etc, did a Google search and got this -

Urban Dictionary: blumpy

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blumpy
    The act of giving head while the receiver is taking a shit.
    I always assumed it was a pseudonym for someone in the NIN camp, or even Trent?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Possibly. The fact that that was the first result made me lol though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Random NIN Questions

Blumpy is an engineer. http://www.recordproduction.com/blumpy.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Do you think that the NIN Greatest Hits will be haloless?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I was at work today and the last discussion I was having was prior to the Korean show coming up.

So, I haven't heard Disappointed or What If We Could? Can anyone please provide links and lyrics (for the former) in response to this post please?

I got up at 6am, it's now 10:43 pm and I literally just stopped working. So yeah, too tired to read, just need links and lyrics, and any other interesting misc info I might've missed out on.

xoxo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I was at work today and the last discussion I was having was prior to the Korean show coming up.

So, I haven't heard Disappointed or What If We Could? Can anyone please provide links and lyrics (for the former) in response to this post please?

I got up at 6am, it's now 10:43 pm and I literally just stopped working. So yeah, too tired to read, just need links and lyrics, and any other interesting misc info I might've missed out on.

xoxo
    The longest copy of "Disappointed" we have so far (Starts at 2:05 in)

What if We Could - Just 16 seconds of it so far. Here's hoping we see more soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So... dumb question

"What if we could?"... where is this song from? It's not on the HM tracklist.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    One of the best song off the Dragon Tattoo soundtrack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OH. Yep, didn't even think of that. Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Are there "many" full live soundboard recording of NIN? Beside AATCHB, Beside You In Time, The Gift and Fuji Festival 2013? Audio and/or video?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Are there "many" full live soundboard recording of NIN? Beside AATCHB, Beside You In Time, The Gift and Fuji Festival 2013? Audio and/or video?
    http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com...ecordings.html

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptikk View Post
    The longest copy of "Disappointed" we have so far (Starts at 2:05 in)

What if We Could - Just 16 seconds of it so far. Here's hoping we see more soon
    Cheers! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone out there that can help.....

Hope I'm posting this in the right place, since its just a random question.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find some certain multi-tracks.....
    I don't want to say more since I know its not something thats supposed to be talked about.

But if anyone knows what I'm talking about, or has some info or could at least point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. THANKS

Just PM as not to clutter up the thread.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I believe all the multitracks (2-3 from With Teeth and The Slip) are on remix.nin.com
    The Year Zero multitracks are (also?) on the 2nd disk of Year Zero Remixed album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I believe all the multitracks (2-3 from With Teeth and The Slip) are on remix.nin.com
    The Year Zero multitracks are (also?) on the 2nd disk of Year Zero Remixed album.
    Thanks Phoenix, I have all those and more....there's a small batch of "unspoken" ones I'm searching for.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W.O.R.M View Post
    Hope I'm posting this in the right place, since its just a random question.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find some certain multi-tracks.....
    I don't want to say more since I know its not something thats supposed to be talked about.

But if anyone knows what I'm talking about, or has some info or could at least point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. THANKS

Just PM as not to clutter up the thread.
    I feel the ones you want are under "unofficial" http://www.ninremixes.com/multitracks.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I feel the ones you want are under "unofficial" http://www.ninremixes.com/multitracks.php
    Yeah already got those, I'm looking for the other ones that aren't there......PHM, WT 5.1 ... I hope I haven't said too much

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W.O.R.M View Post
    Yeah already got those, I'm looking for the other ones that aren't there......PHM, WT 5.1 ... I hope I haven't said too much
    PHM's multis were never released, and as the album wasn't released in 5.1, there's no way to extract them either. WT's 5.1 tracks can be ripped yourself with a basic DVD ripper too, if you have the disc. As for the files, that's not allowed to ask for on here, but I'm sure google could help you :P

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Just so you guys know, there are five more songs from video games that ninremixes.com doesn't have the multitracks for: "Terrible Lie", "Head Like A Hole", "Sanctified", "The Only Time" and "Closer".

EDIT: And no, I unfortunately don't have them.
    Last edited by piggy; 07-30-2013 at 10:26 PM.