Page 166 of 216 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,980 of 6456

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Remember those "journal entries" from the making of The Fragile from nin.com? I've found them on NINWiki, but I can't seem to find the journal entries from With Teeth. Anyone know where those are archived?
    I don't know but if I find them, they're going on the wiki.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Is the line in "Survivalism"

"What, you'd do the same thing in the circumstance, I'm sure you understand" (as stated by ninwiki)

or

"Once you do the same thing in the circumstance I'm sure you'll understand" (as stated by me)

EDIT: OH WAIT. ninwiki has an addendum at the bottom of the lyrics.

"However, the last lines of the third verse are changed to the following on the actual recording:

I turn just keep on walking
    What you'd do the same thing in the circumstance I'm sure you'll understand"
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 08-09-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Is the line in "Survivalism"

"What, you'd do the same thing in the circumstance, I'm sure you understand" (as stated by ninwiki)

or

"Once you do the same thing in the circumstance I'm sure you'll understand" (as stated by me)"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    But even ninwiki mentions how the official lyrics are wrong. That much is certain. I'm just trying to pin down exactly what is sung.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Remember those "journal entries" from the making of The Fragile from nin.com? I've found them on NINWiki, but I can't seem to find the journal entries from With Teeth. Anyone know where those are archived?
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I don't know but if I find them, they're going on the wiki.
    these?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwary View Post
    YES! Thank you! Were these on ninwiki and I just missed them?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    But even ninwiki mentions how the official lyrics are wrong. That much is certain. I'm just trying to pin down exactly what is sung.
    Pretty sure it's "What you'd do the same thing..." but he sings "Once you do the same thing..." live.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    "What? You'd do the same thing". That's what he sings.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I just realised I've been singing this wrong for the last ten years. I was convinced it was "But you'd do the same thing in the circumstance, I'm sure you understand".

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I just realised I've been singing this wrong for the last ten years. I was convinced it was "But you'd do the same thing in the circumstance, I'm sure you understand".
    Yeah, me as well. I suppose that doesn't really change the meaning at all, at least.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    YES! Thank you! Were these on ninwiki and I just missed them?
    Doesn't look like it. I've put them here where we already had the accompanying photos:
    http://www.nin.wiki/Nin.com/Current_2004

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Pretty sure it's "What you'd do the same thing..." but he sings "Once you do the same thing..." live.
    The webster hall show he just kinda mumbles it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    How many NIN rehearsals have surfaced on the internet? Not counting things like the videos on the The Slip of course.

I'm currently listening to the 2013 Festival Rehearsals (I'm halfway through "Copy of A").

I'm less interested in the actual performances of the songs themselves (although sbd quality live NIN performances without crowd noise are always awesome) but I am very interested in hearing TR give notes to the rest of the band and crew during the rehearsals. That's really what I'm looking for.

So where can I find the biggest amount of that sort of behind the scenes, sausage-making stuff?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    How many NIN rehearsals have surfaced on the internet? Not counting things like the videos on the The Slip of course.

I'm currently listening to the 2013 Festival Rehearsals (I'm halfway through "Copy of A").

I'm less interested in the actual performances of the songs themselves (although sbd quality live NIN performances without crowd noise are always awesome) but I am very interested in hearing TR give notes to the rest of the band and crew during the rehearsals. That's really what I'm looking for.

So where can I find the biggest amount of that sort of behind the scenes, sausage-making stuff?
    There's a big set of songs from With Teeth tour rehearsals, but IIRC they're just simple runs-through without any audible instructions.
    The most obvious thing would be JLYI clip from Fragility era, but I guess you know this one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hey all - question about ATLITW, one of my faves from WT:

Does anyone know if the Twilight Zone sample was originally included and then removed for the initial record for copyright reasons, or was it integrated into the song post-hoc for the instrumental release? There are noticeably fewer samples on WT, so I'm wondering what the deal is. I feel it adds to the song but maybe it would've cluttered his vocal performance.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Hey all - question about ATLITW, one of my faves from WT:

Does anyone know if the Twilight Zone sample was originally included and then removed for the initial record for copyright reasons, or was it integrated into the song post-hoc for the instrumental release? There are noticeably fewer samples on WT, so I'm wondering what the deal is. I feel it adds to the song but maybe it would've cluttered his vocal performance.
    It didn't originate with the instrumental. It originally showed up in the Best-of "The Definitive NIN - Deep Cuts" torrent uploaded by Seed0 (with vocals).
    Last edited by Pyract; 08-16-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is there a place that list all of the "rare" nine inch nails related tracks, where they are available and what the definitive digital version would be? For example... Stone Cold Crazy - was this only ever released as promo? on what format? is there a definitive digital version and what is the format and quality? Juno - was this only made available through iTunes and is the definitive digital version AAC / ALAC? March of the Pigs (video version) - is the best place to get this from The Downward Spiral DE dual disc? Last (Butch Vig Remix) - was this only ever made available through nin.remix.com... etc. It would be helpful if there was a central place that had all of this info.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Is there a place that list all of the "rare" nine inch nails related tracks, where they are available and what the definitive digital version would be? For example... Stone Cold Crazy - was this only ever released as promo? on what format? is there a definitive digital version and what is the format and quality? Juno - was this only made available through iTunes and is the definitive digital version AAC / ALAC? March of the Pigs (video version) - is the best place to get this from The Downward Spiral DE dual disc? Last (Butch Vig Remix) - was this only ever made available through nin.remix.com... etc. It would be helpful if there was a central place that had all of this info.
    I was actually just thinking about something very similar to this recently, except for basically all the tracks. Has anyone made a list of every unique version of every track available, and what media they're available on?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Is there a place that list all of the "rare" nine inch nails related tracks...
    I'd certainly like to see such a list. I'm really annoyed at myself for not keeping proper track of official downloads when they were available. I'm mainly thinking of nin.remix.com stuff. For example, I don't think I've ever see the Thrust mix of Closer higher than 128. I believe Butch Vig's Last appeared recently on CD, presumably from a high quality original source. I believe Juno was available exclusively through iTunes. I never got the original Deep Cuts torrent so I don't know what quality the allt. mix of All The Love In The World was available at.

I don't know where the best place would be to make such a list available, but I'd be happy to help put one together. I did start my own list of every single version of every Nine Inch Nails song, but sadly it's on my PC at work and I'll be away for a while now. Crap.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Sounds like someone should volunteer to make ninwiki pages for this stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone got an archive of the photos of the gear NIN auctioned off circa 2010 after the Wave Goodbye tour? Found a lot of articles but they all link to the original auctions. Surely a fandom this obsessed saved all the photos somewhere...right?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught Six View Post
    Anyone got an archive of the photos of the gear NIN auctioned off circa 2010 after the Wave Goodbye tour? Found a lot of articles but they all link to the original auctions. Surely a fandom this obsessed saved all the photos somewhere...right?
    Hah, I am your obsessed fan who collected all those: http://theslip.apocalyptech.com/ninebay/ - Enjoy!

Edit: I should maybe mention that if anyone wants a .zip archive of all that, for quick local browsing rather than having to go through the site, just let me know. The source data for all that stuff's also in a ridiculous but standardized flat-file format which would be pretty trivial to script to export into other formats, etc. I wonder if I should just upload all that to github...
    Last edited by xolotl; 08-19-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Hah, I am your obsessed fan who collected all those: http://theslip.apocalyptech.com/ninebay/ - Enjoy!

Edit: I should maybe mention that if anyone wants a .zip archive of all that, for quick local browsing rather than having to go through the site, just let me know. The source data for all that stuff's also in a ridiculous but standardized flat-file format which would be pretty trivial to script to export into other formats, etc. I wonder if I should just upload all that to github...
    This is awesome, thank you!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Are the Add Violence patches iron-on?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Question

http://popmarket.ru/?page=view/flypa...&category_id=&

Hmmm, Add Violence - release date for digital: 25 aug, physical cd: 15 sept. Oh, really?!?

Am i missed something? Or that's alternative reality?

Or Panel K is working in full already??

Need my watervodka...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    I'd certainly like to see such a list. I'm really annoyed at myself for not keeping proper track of official downloads when they were available. I'm mainly thinking of nin.remix.com stuff. For example, I don't think I've ever see the Thrust mix of Closer higher than 128. I believe Butch Vig's Last appeared recently on CD, presumably from a high quality original source. I believe Juno was available exclusively through iTunes. I never got the original Deep Cuts torrent so I don't know what quality the allt. mix of All The Love In The World was available at.

I don't know where the best place would be to make such a list available, but I'd be happy to help put one together. I did start my own list of every single version of every Nine Inch Nails song, but sadly it's on my PC at work and I'll be away for a while now. Crap.
    ninwiki.com has info for all of this material, although different versions of songs (ie the thrust remix) would be listed under the page for "closer". (and so forth)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    ninwiki.com has info for all of this material, although different versions of songs (ie the thrust remix) would be listed under the page for "closer". (and so forth)
    If this is going into the ninwiki, I'd rather see something with a layout closer to the List Of BPM page.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    If this is going into the ninwiki, I'd rather see something with a layout closer to the List Of BPM page.
    Yeah, exactly. I'd rather have a comprehensive list format, rather than having to dig through each individual song page. Also, I noticed ninwiki is not entirely comprehensive. It often does not list minor variations like radio edits, nor does it usually provide durations for any versions other than the main song.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xvostya View Post
    Hmmm, Add Violence - release date for digital: 25 aug, physical cd: 15 sept. Oh, really?!?
    The CD was mentioned in the original AV announcement:

http://www.nin.com/nine-inch-nails-a...ing-21-july-2/

I believe there is an NTAE CD coming out too:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VZ8V46

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The CD was mentioned in the original AV announcement:

http://www.nin.com/nine-inch-nails-a...ing-21-july-2/

I believe there is an NTAE CD coming out too:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VZ8V46
    Yep, looks like. Collector's treat
    Found EU release mention:
    "Mit “Less Than” veröffentlichen Nine Inch Nails heute Abend den ersten Vorboten zur neuen EP, Add Violence, die am 1. September physisch erscheinen wird. Die 5-Track-Platte ist nach "Not The Actual Events" vom letzten Dezember der zweite Teil einer dreiteiligen EP-Reihe."