Page 78 of 182 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 5445

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got done with work, was having a beer. Half hour later I get a number from some lady. Granted shed been day drinking but her seemingly more sober friend didn't seem to mind when they left.

Also I totally cheered up our expo with a pancake this morning.

It was an odd, but good day.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Spent yesterday with my middle school BFF who I reconnected with a couple of years ago. We've both lived so much, so differently than I ever would have expected. It was so easy to talk and talk and talk. Cheers me how effortless it was, is, to be her friend. Plus I helped her figure out some issues she was having with a art project she's working on.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Well, I'm going to do it. Starting today I'm eating way, way healthier and I'm going to start exercising. I need to lose this weight. Enough putting it off. If I continue being as heavy as I am I am going to be dead, probably sooner rather than later. It could literally happen any day, and I'm tired of living like that. I'm terrified of having a stroke or a heart attack (especially a stroke) and I'm a prime candidate for one. I can keep putting it off and putting it off but one day something is going to happen. So I finally am going to force myself to do it.

So far so good. But it's only day one and I know myself. I've gone down this road before and I always end up giving up. I'm really going to try not to this time. We'll see.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Well, I'm going to do it. Starting today I'm eating way, way healthier and I'm going to start exercising. I need to lose this weight. Enough putting it off. If I continue being as heavy as I am I am going to be dead, probably sooner rather than later. It could literally happen any day, and I'm tired of living like that. I'm terrified of having a stroke or a heart attack (especially a stroke) and I'm a prime candidate for one. I can keep putting it off and putting it off but one day something is going to happen. So I finally am going to force myself to do it.

So far so good. But it's only day one and I know myself. I've gone down this road before and I always end up giving up. I'm really going to try not to this time. We'll see.
    We can be buddies. I've been back "on" for about a week now. I haven't started exercising yet. I'm just dieting for the first month, to get back into that swing. Then I'll start getting back into the exercising routine maybe in a month or two. Plus, it's still January. So all of the gyms are going to be crazy crowded.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    First workout of the year and man did it suck! pull ups push down my ego so much, but the bruised feeling right now was all worth it! I hope to be back on track soon and get my figure back that I had two years ago. If it weren't for fencing I'd look like total shit right now so at least that kept me going. Still, a proper workout out twice a week is what I have to get back to.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I've been eating healthier and doing the workouts I'm able to (elliptical, yoga) for the last 6 months. It's been challenging but I've kept on it and have lost 26lbs. I feel better overall.
    I hope you guys get healthier too. You can do it!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    It's funny how you won't get your ass up but when you actually do you instantly think "fuck, why am I doing it just now" or "why did I ever stop?". I hope I'm not just on a new year's high and can maintain following the goals I've set up for myself. Cheers to all of you working out and getting healthier!

that still won't stop me from a few beers on the weekend though! :P

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Louis C.K. just added a third MSG show, and I actually saw the announcement in time to snag a ticket. Finally. Row 13!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Billy Hicks standup, and The Twilight Zone series make me happy, anytime of the day.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @green being so green.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I just landed an art show in LA on Friday.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Well, I guess that is how Hillary gets elected. I was wondering...

kill me now
    Is that a joke?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    2 Chainz appears on Nancy Grace, and I think that my life is now complete.

@allegro @DigitalChaos

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Well, I guess that is how Hillary gets elected. I was wondering...

kill me now

MWHAHAHAHAHAHA.... I don't mean to gleefully piss on your sadness... but if Romney becomes the candidate?

Don't worry. It won't happen. It'll probably be Bush... which is almost more insane, on a strategic level... Almost, but not quite... The Republican primaries need to wise up. I'll say this as much as I hate to say it, and you'll probably think it's great to hear, but if the Republicans want to win, they will prop up a true libertarian candidate.

And I hope they never figure that out.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    MWHAHAHAHAHAHA.... I don't mean to gleefully piss on your sadness... but if Romney becomes the candidate?

Don't worry. It won't happen. It'll probably be Bush... which is almost more insane, on a strategic level... Almost, but not quite... The Republican primaries need to wise up. I'll say this as much as I hate to say it, and you'll probably think it's great to hear, but if the Republicans want to win, they will prop up a true libertarian candidate.

Gowdy and Levin are the only true Libs left on the planet, and Levin isn't in the political ring so no chance at vdijnvkfjnvjn.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Gowdy and Levin are the only true Libs left on the planet, and Levin isn't in the political ring so no chance at vdijnvkfjnvjn.
    Dude, you guys need to push for a REAL libertarian candidate then! You need to get more extreme!

TRUST ME! I don't secretly hope that this will lead to you losing the election.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Is that a joke?
    If Romney is GOP candidate again, it'll lock in whatever Dem candidate is on the table.

The GOP doesn't seem to want to give up on the clown show and I honestly dislike them more than most of the Dems. You are right about the libertarian leaning GOP candidates being the only thing that could swing this. Someone like Rand Paul is probably the best that could possibly happen there. As a libertarian, there is certainly a bit of happiness in there... mostly because we never get anything in the elections... but it comes with a whole lot of soul-gutting compromise being that you would have to accept like 80% GOP contamination.

It's either that or a massive rebound from people voting the "anything but Dem" card... but I don't think we are at that level right now. The only thing Dems seem to have done that hurts their voter-base is made a lot of them very apathetic, so they just won't vote.

edit: and since this is the "little things that cheer you up" thread, I'll bold the one little thing in my post that is on topic.. sorry!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    And don't get me wrong. I'm not hoping for a Dem loss here, cause it really doesn't make much of a difference. I guess during the Bush years, the liberal base was much more active in opposing things, especially war... I do miss that and would love to have more people to stand with.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    don't get me wrong. Right now, with the Republican house appointing Ted Cruz to oversee science and NASA... I am perfectly on board with this entire shitshow being turned into a sporting event. At least, at that point, it makes it a little easier to deal with, and the outcome is a little less miserable.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    don't get me wrong. Right now, with the Republican house appointing Ted Cruz to oversee science and NASA... I am perfectly on board with this entire shitshow being turned into a sporting event. At least, at that point, it makes it a little easier to deal with, and the outcome is a little less miserable.
    Careful now... you are sounding a hell of a lot like libertarians! :P
    Nihilism is fun.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Careful now... you are sounding a hell of a lot like libertarians! :P
    Nihilism is fun.
    I'll become an anarchist long before I become a libertarian, even though I'm somewhat unsure what the fundamental philosophical difference is.

But yeah, I've always been a nihilist. I believe in nothing.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

@allegro @DigitalChaos

Wtf GIVE THAT WOMAN A JOINT. Notice how calm and poised he is throughout the interview, and she is so spazzed out? Jesus, she sounds like she's drunk. "LISTEN TO ME, TWOCHAINZ"

Now knowing that there was a rapper out there called TITTYBOY and hearing Nancy Grace say it several times with that accent (wait, wuh?) is too much for my brain right now ...
    Last edited by allegro; 01-14-2015 at 05:46 AM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

@allegro @DigitalChaos

wow, I like this guy. All I had seen from him is his music and that "most expensivest shit" show. He never seemed very intelligent.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=allegro;236898]Wtf GIVE THAT WOMAN A JOINT./QUOTE]

You know exactly what she would be like high... Super fucking loud, endless stream of words, and telling everyone every passing incoherent thought that she has.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Wtf GIVE THAT WOMAN A JOINT
    You know exactly what she would be like high... Super fucking loud, endless stream of words, and telling everyone every passing incoherent thought that she has.
    Nah. First, she'd freak out and shut up and look for cops everywhere. Then, she'd go to sleep in the nearest bedroom.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    When "Tity Boi" was one of the first things out of Nancy's mouth, I knew it was going to be awesome.
    Last edited by Sarah K; 01-14-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    My fiancé was backing her car into a spot at our apartment and when I got out we both realized she parked outside of one of the lines, she said "oh shit" and I said "way to park like a republican Jamie"

2 seconds later I hear "hey go fuck yourself!!" from halfway down the parking lot. That cheered me up.

Edit: I just watched about 2 minutes of that Nancy Grace video, my god what an insufferable cunt.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 01-14-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Drinking relaxing chamomile tea with a nice cool breeze blowing.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    And sloths, definitely sloths.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I wasn't sure if I should put this in the things that piss you off or things that cheer you up thread... it probably more accurately belongs in "the things that make you authentically feel insane" thread.

A friend of mine just posted this on Facebook.

"Bible study with Judah Smith. Justin Bieber and Nick Jonas are here as well"