Page 41 of 182 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 5446

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I took a nap because, well death. And now instead of the hard worked for state of total brain drain, I'm a raging ball of piss and vinegar. Not crabby patty like some naps can make a person just still in destroy mode from my 70 hour work weekend but only now I have nothing to do. And since a fair bit of the population revolves around a typical work week everyone is either watching the Vikings take it in the ass, or generally being a Sunday bum.

See this is the cheer you up thread and I'm still pissing vinegar.

Um, no work tomorrow and the fact that if I so choose, which I probably will, I can get shit show drunk tonight and sleep all day if I want.

Also, I haven't stood up sin 3:30 when I laid down even though I have to legitimately urinate, and have also been awake for the last three hours. My poor feet thank me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rocked the job interview eventhough I got pretty drunk yesterday. Next week has me starting, yay!

And my first online features for local concerts went up. Not a big deal, but it kinda makes you proud when something you've written gets published and seen by others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Going to Germany in just over three weeks for a few days for a gig. Staying with one of my friends who I've never actually met but we talk online a lot and she's awesome. Should be really fun. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    When a due date for a school project gets pushed back. I wish that would happen more often, because even if I was punctual, I could still bask in extra comfort as well. So, you see? I don't hate all surprises after all now, do I?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Getting all the problems right, just before the deadline, on my online homework after mucking about with them for days.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Came home to an email from a local radio station informing me I've won passes to see The Pack a.d. on Wednesday! I just entered on a whim because I know a couple of their songs and enjoy them, so I'm happy

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanp16 View Post
    Going to Germany in just over three weeks for a few days for a gig. Staying with one of my friends who I've never actually met but we talk online a lot and she's awesome. Should be really fun. Can't wait.
    That cheers me up!

Where are you staying?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    That cheers me up!

Where are you staying?
    Kaiserslautern!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Haha okay, that's unexpected!

Not the biggest and most adorable city here, but if you're lucky you're there right around the christmas market time. The one in Kaiserslautern is a really nice one and the nearby church makes it quite pitoresque. There are many fountains in the city aswell that make for some nice sights. But since you're visiting a friend she will know where to take you and especially what to eat and drink! Enjoy your stay!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yesterday I did nothing and it was everything I thought it would be.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    The hindsight, insight, and hopefully potential foresight I can get from history. I'm not a history buff, and obviously anything but an expert on history, but I noticed that you don't even have to delve that deep into history to get a clearer perspective on why and how we are the way we are, and how we should be sort of thankful for being born into settings and eras that are actually far more comfortable and forgiving than others. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why we have history buffs, and I see why history definitely has a connection with anthropology and sociology more and more now.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Ran into one of the girls I randomly hung out with a few weeks back. Had a good time talking horror movies and huey lewis and the news.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Ran into one of the girls I randomly hung out with a few weeks back. Had a good time talking horror movies and huey lewis and the news.
    Were you wearing a rain coat?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Coffee is making all (ok, well most) of the insecurities and self-loathing wash away this morning.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Little things that cheer you up.

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Were you wearing a rain coat?
    Hahaha, nah just a greasy t-shirt and jeans. I did space on asking for her number. Oh well I'm sure I'll see her again at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Coffee is making all (ok, well most) of the insecurities and self-loathing wash away this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Simultaneous orgasms, twice in one week!
    Remember the Titans! I could ride that wave for at least a week.

And bonus, I too have coffee, albeit day old but a good roast, to start my day. It's amazing how much a good cup of coffee and a bit of caffeine can help.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 10-30-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    His smiled lightened me up for some reason.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Daylight Savings, I'll gladly take a free hour of sleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    THIS FUCKING DOG (caps)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    While I have to accept the cold hard fact that life obviously isn't always about fun and games, looking into the things that make me smile, laugh, and have fun and pleasure are what motivates me to keep going, and has actually being one of the biggest things that prevented me from every actually offing myself. (Aside from how fucking scary and morbid that would be.) My luck and pleasures in life just give me a reason to live, and remind me why I want to strive to be a better person and attain more things for myself. It's helped me get back on the horse yet again in spite of my flaws and blunders.

Oh yes, and when optimism and positive thoughts are actually real. That also gives me a nice high. Oh yes, and in a nutshell, survival and pleasure.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-01-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Talking to my friends who don't live around me.

I'm talking to one now who currently lives in Australia (she's from New Zeland), and I talked to two earlier from California and Kenya. I love days like this

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Playing games at work to pass the time. Most recent was "What would you do if you had today off?" It was a nice, sunny day so it started with suggestions like "Get shitfaced in a park" and escalated quickly. Some examples:

- Check out a TON of books about serial killers and about parenting at the library. Make extended, uncomfortable, silent eye contact with the librarian while they're being checked out.
    - Go to a Chuck-E-Cheese and ask to see the wine list.
    - Fill a vodka or gin bottle with water, or a Listerine bottle with blue Gatorade. Pound it on the bus.
    - Plan a bank heist with three other people. When the time comes to pull it off, jump out of the car and run off and see what they do.
    - Break into a house and steal a 12 year old's diary. Shout entries from it in front of the house. "MARCH 7TH. AARON WEBSTER SMILED AT ME IN THE HALL, IT MADE ME FEEL FUNNY INSIDE. I THINK I AM FINALLY BECOMING A WOMAN."

Good times...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I would always try to talk my friends into going "clubbing"
    You know, when you go to Canadian Tire, buy some steering wheel clubs, go down along Stanley Park or the convention centre, find a convertible with it's top down, put the club on the wheel and then sit back and watch what happens when the owner gets back...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    It was a nice, sunny day
    Are you shitting me? It pissed rain from 5am to 8pm today, where were you at?

ALSO, good news for me, I GOT A JOB!!!
    Last edited by ibanez33; 11-03-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It was a nice, sunny day several days ago, when we started that game. YESTERDAY, when I posted that, there was a terrible storm that delayed ferries and actually temporarily grounded one.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    That extra hour of sleep was FUCKING GLORIOUS. Now, if I didn't have work today, today would be perfect. But, I do.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    I GOT A JOB!!!
    Good for you!
    Where at? (Due to company restructuring, I'm currently looking now.)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    A fairly popular grocery chain that I'll leave nameless. Not exactly what I want to be doing, but at least I'll be able to get my rent paid and dig myself out of debt while I continue looking!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    In spite of some screw-ups and awkward moments with my posts, I'm just glad to feel at home on ETS. It's really been a great year here in spite of my 5 or 6 month absence from ETS, and that certainly cheers me up. It's been rather nice chatting here.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    opiates. a handful of vicodin. i think ive said that before in this thread.
    i want the little yellow 10's. then i become quite happy and personable.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The 18 year old telling me it wouldn't be weird for me to give him my number. Then watching him do some mental math before asking me if I was old enough to be his mom.