Thread: Trans Rights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I see nothing from Dems in defense of all the stuff that's happening not a peep from the President, nothing from high profile politicians at all. We are years into a full force legislative assault and it seems like there aren't any gears turning for a pushback or any real fucking action. It's completely infuriating and I feel like our culture is turning a blind eye

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I see nothing from Dems in defense of all the stuff that's happening not a peep from the President, nothing from high profile politicians at all. We are years into a full force legislative assault and it seems like there aren't any gears turning for a pushback or any real fucking action. It's completely infuriating and I feel like our culture is turning a blind eye
    Politics is all about a sad game of chess using contingents as pawns. If the dems back trans rights now, they'll be buying into the "you're too woke" trap. Civil Rights is really at an impasse right now, it's damned if you do the right thing, and you're an asshole if you don't.

And the democrats are hedging their bets on the side of "it's best not to touch this issue right now if we can avoid doing so," and it's sad, but I get why it's that way.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-08-2023 at 01:09 AM.