Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Random score thoughts

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Personally, I would like to see a NullCo Blu-ray scores box set, with everything mixed in Dolby Atmos.
    I'd sell my liver and both kidneys for this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    That would be interesting, and they certainly have enough work to make something like that, but they would probably run into the same issues they have with physical releases of individual scores; a bunch of different music studios and rights holders.

The whole hi-res/surround/Dolby Atmos thing seems to be so fragmented that it's hard to see them doing anything physical with it. In terms of people who really care about hi-res audio, it's a niche audience compared to music consumption as a whole. And then looking at those who do listen to it, how do they comsume it? Stream from another device, Blu-ray, etc. Surround mixes seem to be a thing of the past, it doesn't seem like there's a big market for that.* They did an Atmos mix of The Social Network a few years back, but I don't even know where you can find that.

*I'd still love to get the one they supposedly did for The Fragile, and would gladly buy a setup to play it.
    I know it's on Apple Music along with an entire section dedicated to spatial music. Tons of releases, even a lot of remasters, come out every week. Yeah some of it might be fake spatial but it exists and the market is big enough that people like Taylor Swift have redone almost all of their albums in the format. Sinatra, Marley, De La Soul, Foo Fighters, Al Green, Pet Shop Boys, The Cardigans...it's all over the place.