Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Justified

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's been a great ride! Perfect end to a great show. Gonna miss it..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That was a really great finale

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I really liked the finale too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "We dug coal together"

Yeah great finale! Gonna miss the show!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Going into the finale, my thought was "there is no possible way this could end in anything but a bloodbath." I am so happy things turned out differently. What I've always loved about this show is that it consistently defied my expectations, and this finale was no different. What a fantastic, clever way to end the series.

Spoiler: and we're all just going to assume constable Bob lived, right?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm excited for this but also Nick Searcy turned into a toad of a human being. Reading the article it sounds like they have a way to do the story without him though so I guess that's a good thing. That said there's also basically no reason anyone from the show should be in this story and there were a lot of great characters.

Still cautiously optimistic.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    No Walton Goggins though? Boo.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I have always wanted to watch Justified, just one of those shows I never got around to. Maybe i'll be able to tackle it before the new series/season drops.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    this is exciting! I can always use more Raylan Givens in my life

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'm excited for this but also Nick Searcy turned into a toad of a human being.
    But he's Sharon Stone's cousin!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I once read through his twitter feed like 5 years back once and that was all I needed to see. He basically became his character from Head of State (Brian Lewis), which is one of the best movies ever btw.

But yeah, without Boyd in the mix I don't see how this is gonna live up to the original run.

One of my dream scenarios is for Justified to have one final film written and directed by Tarantino starring the original cast since he was a big fan of the show. It would never happen obviously, but it should.
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 01-14-2022 at 12:33 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Lost Boyd Crowder but gained Boyd Holbrook...fair trade in my estimation.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Three episodes into the new season. Liking it so far... except for the kid. Maybe not the best idea to cast 20 yo with 0 acting experience (i looked it up) (and Olyphant's IRL daugher btw) to play a 15yo teenager. And the characted itself written pretty badly too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Three episodes into the new season. Liking it so far... except for the kid. Maybe not the best idea to cast 20 yo with 0 acting experience (i looked it up) (and Olyphant's IRL daugher btw) to play a 15yo teenager. And the characted itself written pretty badly too.
    I thought she was pretty funny. Definitely gave Raylan a taste of his own stubbornness.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the new season and the main villain. A lot disliked it and I don't know why other than the new setting.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I really enjoyed the new season and the main villain. A lot disliked it and I don't know why other than the new setting.
    I really enjoyed the new season. I'm a big Elmore Leonard head & having his kids involved has turned out to be a good thing. After that teaser at the end (I'm not telling!) I definitely want another season.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I really enjoyed the new season. I'm a big Elmore Leonard head & having his kids involved has turned out to be a good thing. After that teaser at the end (I'm not telling!) I definitely want another season.
    Spoiler: The Boyd escape was a fun watch but it kinda deflated the vicious antagonist they built in Mansell. He was built up to only be quickly disposed by Raylan earlier in the episode. It was a good ending and finish for his character but the return of Boyd made it a bit like an anecdote to the result of Raylan retiring to only inevitably return to duty for Boyd capture. I truly hated Clement Mansell so bravo to Boyd Holbrook for the portrayal, masterfully done (45 underwear scenes and all).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For some reason, this line from Sandy pops into my head every so often: "You know, Aruba, Jamaica? Do I have to sing the whole fucking song?"

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Spoiler: The Boyd escape was a fun watch but it kinda deflated the vicious antagonist they built in Mansell. He was built up to only be quickly disposed by Raylan earlier in the episode. It was a good ending and finish for his character but the return of Boyd made it a bit like an anecdote to the result of Raylan retiring to only inevitably return to duty for Boyd capture. I truly hated Clement Mansell so bravo to Boyd Holbrook for the portrayal, masterfully done (45 underwear scenes and all).
    the Boyd giveth and the Boyd taketh away.