Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1794

Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i hadn’t updated mine in awhile. i feel like one show is still missing. i really love that my teeny peter murphy radio performance is there.

https://www.nintourhistory.com/profile.php?userid=1324

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Other than being slightly disappointed that out of 23 songs, I only heard four songs live for the first time - what a wild show Red Rocks night 1 was! Finally hearing And All That Could Have Been was incredible as was Last and EDIETS. Thought maybe we’d get the Fragile in full, but alas!

Row 7 for tonight! Hoping we get La Mer, Down in It and Deep!!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Red Rocks is SO badass, except for the part where you climb back down. That BOK center is dope too, though.

I sure wish NIN would swing through Tulsa again: @ImTheWiseJanitor and i both caught LITS there in '08 when that BOK center was brand new, back when we had different usernames.
    It was packed, and it's similar in size to the venues they've been playing as of late.
    I wonder why NIN didn't come back there, for real: it's a good catch all for a good sized region of people living in shitty small towns in Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and KIND of Texas.

It's about as far away as denver (i thought it was closer) but, at least we could JUST go to the show, sleep, and come home. Tool still plays there, i think.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-03-2022 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's so apparent we got spoiled with the setlists in recent years, when a set like this is not discussed at all.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atu View Post
    It's so apparent we got spoiled with the setlists in recent years, when a set like this is not discussed at all.
    I mentioned it, if only to bemoan not being there this time around.

But, no doubt. Those first five tracks alone would've had me losing my mind.
    I'm not sure if I've seen Sin, live, in over 20 years. I DON'T think I HAVE, but, you know, my mind is slippery.
    My fear is that AATCHB plus Hurt would have pushed me over the fucking edge for good, the way I've been feeling lately.

I wonder if they'll keep doing these crazy ass sets from here on out. Maybe TOT and Ringfinger and TWIG will show up, eventually?

I can't wait for the recordings.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    My fear is that AATCHB plus Hurt would have pushed me over the fucking edge for good, the way I've been feeling lately.
    My eyes were a mess during that. Even got my wife crying.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Only 3 diff songs carried over from last night? Boy

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I’m not gonna lie, Reptile and Gave Up being repeats from last night instead of getting like Down in It or Happiness in Slavery kind of bummed me out. I get Wish, Head Like a Hole and Hurt repeating but … oh well …

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Someone complaining about getting Reptile two nights in a row, after getting Sunspots live. I never thought I’d see the day

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    someone complaining about getting reptile two nights in a row, after getting sunspots live. I never thought i’d see the day
    oops. First time for everything!

And truthfully today was, as it was Everything’s first time played live in the US.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I’m not gonna lie, Reptile and Gave Up being repeats from last night instead of getting like Down in It or Happiness in Slavery kind of bummed me out.
    Yeah, not sure why those repeated. But I can't complain; each night I got 6 songs I had never seen before.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    We have yet to discuss the EPIC lightning that was going on behind the stage throughout all of Yves Tumor's set Friday, and I'd say about half of NIN. Certainly added to the atmosphere at Red Rocks...as if it needed any more help. It kept getting closer to Red Rocks and I even felt a few errant raindrops, but then it moved away thank god.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Holy mother of god was I nervous it was going to affect the show. Thank goodness it didn’t reach us outside of just getting hit with a bit more wind.

The rain hit Denver really hard, and everyone at the Phish show had to evacuate lol

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    as I said in the Tour Journal, I think 9/3 eeks out 9/2 by a smidge b/c there were some slightly bigger setlist whoppers than Friday, and Trent seemed more relaxed and in the cut so than last night. Makes sense, since 9/2 was the first show of tour. He was a bit chattier too, which is always a highlight.

On to the Oregon shows (not me though sadly). If any of you are trekking to the Bend, Oregon show & DON'T visit the last Blockbuster Video left on earth, it's time to reexamine your life decisions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I loved seeing the clip of Trent having to do a little run to hit the start of Somewhat Damaged on their TikTok

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atu View Post
    Gloriously so. Watching the accounts of the two Red Rocks' setlists coming in had me practically salivating. Unreal stuff. Happily jealous of anyone lucky enough to have seen Sunspots and I'm so stoked to see EDIETS, The Line Begins To Blur, Heresy, and especially AATCHB are still in the mix. Everything seems like it would be a lot of fun too, especially after the elation of seeing Sunspots!

So grateful I have at least decent seats for Cleveland but I'm crossing my fingers that they add some more dates, either between Cleveland and VetsAid or after VetsAid, and that those dates include a NY or NJ venue!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I have a lot to say about both nights, but might wait to form full sentences on each journal page when I get back home lol

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Holy god. Sunspots? Everything?

Yeah, now I REEALLY wish I'd been there. I couldn't have gone no matter what, though, with my stepson having moved in, plus, I tried mightily to get tickets.

I'm so goddamn scared though. I hope this isn't a "surprise! Last full tour" thing going down. Unfortunately, I really could see that: 2 full length, batshit crazy, pure fan service tours with setlists that annoyed casual fans.
    Fucking TPD at red rocks last year, and Everything this year, and SUNSPOTS, and AATCHB in the rotation: I mean, this is crazy superfan dream stuff..

SURELY that's not the case though. There HAS to be SOME kind of YZ...ep, at LEAST, and A LITS 2. I've been waiting for it since the LAST goddamn YZ, and I'm still ALIVE for some strange reason, despite my best efforts.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-04-2022 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm dead. They have killed me.
    But yeah two nights at Red Rocks is something I recommend to everyone, did it last tour and this tour and fuck I'll do it every time they book it but god damn I am dead.

I'll look through my photos and clips eventually. Too many things to talk about, how amazingly loud and hard Sunspots was live (and thanks to Atticus for working the blender so we could finally get it), how I love that Robin's mic seems to be turned up more than previous tours (I can tell when he's singing and what he's singing when he does backing MUCH better now), I even love Alessandro's full mountain man look lol

I swear last night Trent decided it was arm night because I feel like we got EVERY SINGLE SONG that he does clapping for. The Beginning of the End, Wish, MOTP, Heresy, Gave Up, THTF, clap clap clap. Ok, arms rubber? Time to BOW DOWN. I could barely keep my arms up at that point lol

Good to see some friends again after years, especially those I didn't see in 2018. And some new friends, thanks to the new tech that is Discord. Which btw if you run into 24.24.1.1397 on there that's me.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 09-04-2022 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I'm getting real excited for Wednesday!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i saw a video of Reznor talking about mindfulness, living in the moment and gratitude last night. i’m telling you, this man does yoga. this is basically confirmation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Too many things to talk about, how amazingly loud and hard Sunspots was live (and thanks to Atticus for working the blender so we could finally get it), clap
    Had to dig this up from a closed thread from 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack :
    I think you're thinking of Sunspots. And I'm sure it's not a vacuum cleaner, or a whisk.

From me:
    Sunspots is a favorite of mine!!! My wife says its a blender, lol

From Halo Infinitety :
    http://reznormix.ytmnd.com/
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 09-04-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i saw a video of Reznor talking about mindfulness, living in the moment and gratitude last night. i’m telling you, this man does yoga. this is basically confirmation.
    Other than the "who was here last night? ... Me too!", this was one of the best things I've heard him talk about during his little audience chats. I'm hoping someone recorded the whole thing.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    The issue I’m facing now is wanting to see more shows this year to keep chasing this “setlist” high. :/ Two nights at Red Rocks was fantastic, but I want to go to Ohio so bad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    also brought up the Taylor Hawkins tribute which im sure made him realize even more that life can end tomorrow.

hopefully the week in california is a fruitful one and its not just same ol same ol except for Primavera. Although Halsey can pop up for that.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Here’s the speech about Taylor Hawkins and mindfulness:

I could see the band members having a good laugh at the “old person” comment.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I'm dead. They have killed me.
    how I love that Robin's mic seems to be turned up more than previous tours (I can tell when he's singing and what he's singing when he does backing MUCH better now)
    THIS.

My friends and I were all talking about this very thing after Night One, and then we were all celebrating it together during Night Two. It makes me so happy to see Robin taking on a fuller backup vox role, and it sounds so fucking good.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Funny how the rarest NIN song live now is the album version of Closer without The Only Time breakdown, lol.

He should do regular Closer then actually play The Only Time in full straight after.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Since we seem to be swapping tour history's, here's mine.
    http://www.nintourhistory.com/profile.php?userid=5594

Red Rocks was a bucket list thing for me, I'm glad it got to be NIИ that checked it off.
    Took both of my boys & hubs to the first night. Wasn't planning to hit night 2, but - predictably - I caved at the last minute and bought tickets, and took just my older son to that one. Worth every penny, we had a blast. Loved the varied setlists! Getting to see Sunspots was a huge, huge plus - never thought I'd see that one.

Planning to be at both Berkeley and Vegas, which will be 24 & 25 for me. My ONE song I'm still always chasing is The Fragile. I will die a happy and fulfilled woman if I can finally see that one! (COME ON TRENT)

Super excited to have GA for both of those. See y'all there!
    Last edited by magnolia; 09-06-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Since we seem to be swapping tour history's, here's mine.
    http://www.nintourhistory.com/profile.php?userid=5594

Red Rocks was a bucket list thing for me, I'm glad it got to be NIИ that checked it off.
    Took both of my boys & hubs to the first night. Wasn't planning to hit night 2, but - predictably - I caved at the last minute and bought tickets, and took just my older son to that one. Worth every penny, we had a blast. Loved the varied setlists! Getting to see Sunspots was a huge, huge plus - never thought I'd see that one.

Planning to be at both Berkeley and Vegas, which will be 24 & 25 for me. My ONE song I'm still always chasing is The Fragile. I will die a happy and fulfilled woman if I can finally see that one! (COME ON TRENT)

Super excited to have GA for both of those. See y'all there!
    Hubs… plural? Or are you counting TR as hubby #2? Totally wouldn’t blame you. haha