Thread: Favorite band at each point of your life

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Favorite band at each point of your life

And I don't just mean a list of your favorite bands of all time. Start as early as you can remember. Who was your favorite band or artist? Who did it change to as you move forward in time. And only your single favorite for each period of your life. Make sure to include the embarrassing ones. My list goes like this:

Michael Jackson. The first artist I remember being obsessed with as a child.

New Kids on the Block. They were also my first concert. My best friend at the time was the son of the President of the Boston Garden so I got to go sit in the President's box at the Garden for free to see it.

There's a gap in here where I really don't remember what I was obsessed with between NKOTB and the next one.

Meat Loaf. I don't think he was a favorite for very long. I would have been 12 when Bat Out of Hell II came out and I really loved it for some reason. He was also my second concert.

Nirvana. I was late to the grunge movement. STP's Purple was one of my first CDs, and started me down that path, but Nirvana quickly became my favorite.

Everclear. Dunno the exact number, but Everclear would have been one of my earliest concerts as well. Probably somewhere between #4-6. I can remember that REM was my 3rd, but the order is all a blur after that.

Korn. The only one I'm embarrassed about. Anytime I hear a Korn song now, I'm really not sure what I saw in it. There was a period of overlap with Korn and Everclear being my favorite. My internet screen name was everkorn for a while.

NIN. Got into NIN when The Fragile came out. They've been #1 ever since.

Could probably make a case for some classic rock between Korn and NIN, as I got sick of Korn not long after high school and it took a couple years for me to fully become obsessed with NIN. But I don’t think I could narrow it to one.
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 05-18-2020 at 07:02 PM.