Page 48 of 123 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 3673

Thread: Rammstein

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    P.S. - no one really talks about Gib Mir Deine Augen much.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Big hat with stupid face!

yeah maybe, but still, why they didn't release MHB as a single back in '01 is crazy.

where does the live studio version of Mein Teil come from?
    Like this? New avatar.

No idea. I got it awhile ago and it is a well made mix of mirroring the live performances of the song, including musical pauses that are usually heard when Till wheels out the giant cooking pot/cauldron. I'm sure/know it's fan made. Well done though, VERY well done.

LOVE the music. Not too big on the lyrics.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Fan made. It's a good one, alot fan made ones, and some are nice, some are just mixed with live shit and sucks.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Gib Mir Deine Augen is an interesting one, along with Vergiss Uns Nicht - as being the very rare times that R+ have actually put legitimate b-sides out in recent years, save for the stuff like Kokain/Feuerrader and 5/4 back in the Sehnsucht/Mutter days.

I always hated how they just packed each single release with remixes, a lot of which I personally can't get into. We know they always had leftover songs from each album, they managed to get a bonus disc going on for LIFAD. I remember hearing a few years ago that they recorded Vergiss Uns Nicht with the german rapper Bushido, and did it around 2005 - and strangely enough when they decided to release Mein Land in 2011 they stuck it on the single. GMDA was leftover from LIFAD, and I'm sure they went back into the studio previous to MIG to do that alongside Mein Land and Mein Herz Brennt piano version, I might be wrong though. I'd kill for them to one day release a disc of leftover album cuts.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I was under the impression that GMDA, VUN and ML were all from the LIFAD sessions, considering they have the exact production quality, and their demos were all part of the same pack.

Interesting about VUN in 2005, though! Can you find the source on that?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I was under the impression that GMDA, VUN and ML were all from the LIFAD sessions, considering they have the exact production quality, and their demos were all part of the same pack.

Interesting about VUN in 2005, though! Can you find the source on that?

True about the production quality thing, perhaps they rerecorded VUN. The news was on fan sites many years ago, and I've just found a wikipedia post that says the following:

Vergiss uns nicht feat. Bushido

In 2005 Richard met German rapper Bushido. They went home and the rapper recorded a verse for a different version of "Vergiss uns nicht". The rapper's book "Zeiten ändern Dich" (Time changes you) features a complete chapter about that recording. In 2011 a version of the song without rapping was released.

I remember reading at the time that the version with Bushido was to be used for a Best Of album, that was rumoured around 2005. In the end Rosenrot was released.

I remember reading just before Rosenrot was announced that the band were to release Los as the final single from Reise Reise, and there would be a 'Plugged' version of that track included in the track listing, but it got canned for the release of Benzin. I always dug the live plugged version of Los, so this was shitty news that it never got released, or even recorded.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Rap? On that gorgeous track? Disgusting!

Meanwhile, what does everyone think the next single/video will be from Skills In Pills? There are so many great crazy ideas they could use.

I have a funny feeling it will either be a serious one for Home Sweet Home or a complete pisstake with Cowboy.

@Space Suicide excellent avatar haha

Change your member title to "and I don't like it".

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Rap? On that gorgeous track? Disgusting!

Meanwhile, what does everyone think the next single/video will be from Skills In Pills? There are so many great crazy ideas they could use.

I have a funny feeling it will either be a serious one for Home Sweet Home or a complete pisstake with Cowboy.

@Space Suicide excellent avatar haha

Change your member title to "and I don't like it".
    Fish On would be an excellent track for a music video. I could see the two of them in a thunderstorm on the Sea on a giant ship searching for mermaids to fish for. The entire video has them tracking an elusive one down but they only end up snagging something super goofy at the end of the video in a hilarious reveal.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-13-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Fish On would be an excellent track for a music video. I could see the two of them in a thunderstorm on the Sea on a giant ship searching for mermaids to fish for. The entire video has them tracking an elusive one down but they only end up snagging something super goofy at the end of the video in a hilarious reveal.

Just my two cents.

lol! Man, your avatar would even fit in with the cowboy theme. That's a fucking cowboy hat right there.

Maybe they'll do two water themed videos for Fish On and Yukon, one serious and one not.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Will everyone give me a golden shower if I scan all 80 pages of the super deluxe edition when it arrives?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    2:20 mark, I love how he stands with his hands behind his back just like on the Volkerball film -

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Till does some serious claw in that one.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    2:20 mark, I love how he stands with his hands behind his back just like on the Volkerball film -

My favourite part of this performance has always been at 3:50 when Schneider's drum stick flies out of his hand, he continues the beat like a pro and just kinda casually looks around and picks it back up like nothing happened. lol

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Look what was uploaded a few days ago!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Some random shots:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    mine's finally arrived as well after some stock delay with Amazon

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Book looks great! @Ryan

I got the blu-ray today!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Look what was uploaded a few days ago!
    Y Till no speak in this making of?

I loled at the "Back to life!" line.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Y Till no speak in this making of?

I loled at the "Back to life!" line.
    No idea. makes me sad.

this makes me happy:

https://www.lindemann-shop.com/en/merchandise

I need to waste money.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    glad I got the super deluxe. What a graphic book! Love it!

could do with less pictures of vaginas with blisters though

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I've been away from R+ for a few years now. When LIFAD came out, very little apart from Ich Tu Dir Weh and Haifisch really clicked with me. Might have been because of the loss of a family member I went through shortly before it came out, but I kinda zoned out on most of it, and after I heard Roter Sand I just couldn't do it, ever again. Broke my heart. Wish I'd checked the lyrics earlier and known it was about cowboys.

Anyway, pleased to say I picked up the album again yesterday, and it's really doing it for me now. Back into active listening and time to catch up.

Side note: As a completist Rammstein drove/drives me insane. There's a specific reason I don't own Live Aus Berlin or Volkerball...I'll never for the life of me understand what the thought process is behind keeping an entire half of a concert for a deluxe edition which invariably disappears from shelves as soon as I've got the money...

Ending on a more positive note: Ein Leid is just one of the nicest tracks ever. It's sweet, and really beautiful.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 07-24-2015 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Ending on a more positive note: Ein Leid is just one of the nicest tracks ever. It's sweet, and really beautiful.
    It sure is. I think I remember reading somewhere though that the band or some of the band members don't like it. Probably Richard since he doesn't like Fruhling In Paris either. Doesn't like slower songs I guess.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    PS - @Space Suicide - the 00:59 second of the Jonas K remix of Fat makes me happy. The way "siiiiize" is altered.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    PS - @Space Suicide - the 00:59 second of the Jonas K remix of Fat makes me happy. The way "siiiiize" is altered.
    It's a good mix.

I hope we get more remixes!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Looks like the long awaited DVD will be called In Amerkia. I'm guessing it's the msg show since the promo shows alot of NYC pictures.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Looks like the long awaited DVD will be called In Amerkia. I'm guessing it's the msg show since the promo shows alot of NYC pictures.
    I looked up online but couldn't find anything, would you care to point me in the direction of this promo?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

I also saw a picture or two from Worcester, MA in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I looked up online but couldn't find anything, would you care to point me in the direction of this promo?
    It's on their website, their facebook, their twitter. How hard did you look?

Last edited by otnavuskire; 07-31-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Holy shit I had completely figured this would end up as their version of a "soon" project. So thrilled we'll finally get to see this. Hopefully it's got a blu ray release and not just DVD. Weird they're putting this out now but considering in that one interview Till told that Canadian guy that they'd be seeing Rammstein again very soon, maybe they're planning on another tour sometime late next year? Who knows at this point, this is a nice surprise regardless.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    More is always good.