Page 62 of 122 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Can you hyperventilate from calming breaths? asking for a friend.

WHAT TF IS WRONG WITH THE MAGATS? this is fucking horrible. So sad. I just read this link. Do they have the woman and her dad in custody? Was she arrested?
    https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/mic...h9cvgWXaKCJKnU

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    A friend predicted a while ago that the USA would have a civil war as Trump was on his way out.

I didn't believe him then, but I do now.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    in person teaching is done for the school year in NJ, as expected. I don't mind "teaching" from home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can you hyperventilate from calming breaths? asking for a friend.

What the fuck is going on over there

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    WHAT TF IS WRONG WITH THE MAGATS? this is fucking horrible. So sad. I just read this link. Do they have the woman and her dad in custody? Was she arrested?
    https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/mic...h9cvgWXaKCJKnU
    Ends up these aren’t likely to be MAGA people, these were all black people, at least two with long criminal histories. The mother is in custody, the father and son are still at large. The altercation was about the security guard “disrespecting the man’s wife” for requesting that they wear masks.

The security guard was the father of nine.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-05-2020 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Ends up these aren’t likely to be MAGA people, these were all black people, at least two with long criminal histories. The mother is in custody, the father and son are still at large. The altercation was about the security guard “disrespecting the man’s wife” for requesting that they wear masks.

The security guard was the father of nine.
    just so sad and wrong.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Trump is truly, 100% a sociopath. In the middle of this insanity, he's talking about his stupid wall again, mocking California, and now he's going after Obamacare again..

THIS IS NOT THE TIME to fuck around with policies that will mess with our health insurance!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Coronavirus - COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Trump is truly, 100% a sociopath. In the middle of this insanity, he's talking about his stupid wall again, mocking California, and now he's going after Obamacare again..

THIS IS NOT THE TIME to fuck around with policies that will mess with our health insurance!
    he’s also mad about female journalists not being like donna reed or something. poor guy thinks he’s got it so tough. stupid pandemic getting in the way of his “perfect” economy that he “built”.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...50s-housewives

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    he’s also mad about female journalists not being like donna reed or something. poor guy thinks he’s got it so tough. stupid pandemic getting in the way of his “perfect” economy that he “built”.
    Hey, it took a lot of hard work and soul selling to jettison all the safety nets that were getting in the way of upward market movement. It'd take a pandemic or something for that to all come crashing down [/s]

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    And he's stomping his feet encouraging everyone to re-open their economy, and he's not specifying anything regarding local infection rates. It's crazy how he's bungling EVERY step of handling this. And he can't stop trying to shift ALL the blame for this on China, and now urging foreign leaders to point their fingers at China and hold them accountable? This... Let's just survive this shit please?!?!!
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-05-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Ahh this is fucking great.

Ed the Sock is a Canadian treasure.

COVID-19 protesters at Queen's Park in Toronto, Ontario getting some Ed.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 05-08-2020 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trump flat out admitted he expects people to die with things reopening. dude doesn't give a fuck. in his mind, the pandemic is already over. we're fucked.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    you'd think he would have learned something from the last time he ignored the medical experts...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    you'd think he would have learned something
    I wouldn't think that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Even with social distancing measures in place, the US has managed to hit 1.1 million cases. For roughly 3 weeks, the daily reported cases are at, or around 20,000. With social distancing measures beginning to ease around the country, it'll be interesting to see where the daily cases plateau.

I agree that businesses should start to re-open and people need to get back to work, but I only agree with this under these conditions:
    1. Mandatory face masks for each citizen in public.
    2. Social distancing in public places.
    3. Weekly testing for public facing employees, and ideally for each and every person in America.

None of those conditions will be met, which means the next few weeks could be shocking. My family will continue social distancing, stocking necessary supplies and continue working from home, I hope everyone here also does the same, good luck to everyone!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    we're starting to make a plan for reopening the workplace back up when the stay-at-home orders are lifted. one of the supervisors just sent this....mini-screed is the word that comes to mind...to the other supervisors. And me since I'm the admin.

Washing your hands often is the best thing you can do. This virus has a lipid (fat cell) that surrounds it that differentiates it from other Corona Virus’s. The virus cannot live without that lipid. Just the friction of washing your hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds will break the lipid and kill the virus. 70% isopropyl alcohol hand sanitizer will do the same thing in just over a minute. Gloves will not help unless you change gloves after everything you touch. The virus can still be on the gloves and transferred to other surfaces, your face etc. Don’t let McDonald’s, pick your food service or “essential worker” industry, workers fool you with contactless delivery and wearing gloves. They will still contaminate you if they do not change gloves in between literally every transaction. Your best bet is to sanitize before and after contact with them. Please refer back to washing and sanitizing your hands.

Most people have single person offices. I do predominantly keep my door closed now, just for caution. I do have two masks in my office. Once again, if they share an office, wear a mask. You cannot tell me that everyone working from home has not left the house in four weeks and every time they did, masked up. Irrational fear is what the Chinese are counting on.

Anyone, everyone that talks about the COVID knows there is a much higher percentage of people that have had or come in contact with the virus and had few symptoms to being asymptomatic. Just tracking the numbers we know about the general population exposure is much higher than the 7% most places average. It is understood to be somewhere in the 17% - 20% range. I am sure the actual number is > 25%. Tie me in a basement with an actuary and all of the accurate data and we will come up with a real world number. Revisionist history in about a decade will come up with studies and real numbers to prove me right. Until the Chinese tell the truth and most Americans figure out that the virus came into the US via Europe (most likely Italy) in December we will stay dazed and confused. Shear logic and common sense will tell you to wash and sanitize your hands, wear protective equipment when in close proximity and don’t hug me unless you are really really lonely for human touch, and you will be ok.

Washing your hands often is the best thing you can do. This virus has a lipid (fat cell) that surrounds it that differentiates it from other Corona Virus’s. The virus cannot live without that lipid. Just the friction of washing your hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds will break the lipid and kill the virus. 70% isopropyl alcohol hand sanitizer will do the same thing in just over a minute. Gloves will not help unless you change gloves after everything you touch. The virus can still be on the gloves and transferred to other surfaces, your face etc. Don’t let McDonald’s, pick your food service or “essential worker” industry, workers fool you with contactless delivery and wearing gloves. They will still contaminate you if they do not change gloves in between literally every transaction. Your best bet is to sanitize before and after contact with them. Please refer back to washing and sanitizing your hands.

Most people have single person offices. I do predominantly keep my door closed now, just for caution. I do have two masks in my office. Once again, if they share an office, wear a mask. You cannot tell me that everyone working from home has not left the house in four weeks and every time they did, masked up. Irrational fear is what the Chinese are counting on.

Anyone, everyone that talks about the COVID knows there is a much higher percentage of people that have had or come in contact with the virus and had few symptoms to being asymptomatic. Just tracking the numbers we know about the general population exposure is much higher than the 7% most places average. It is understood to be somewhere in the 17% - 20% range. I am sure the actual number is > 25%. Tie me in a basement with an actuary and all of the accurate data and we will come up with a real world number. Revisionist history in about a decade will come up with studies and real numbers to prove me right. Until the Chinese tell the truth and most Americans figure out that the virus came into the US via Europe (most likely Italy) in December we will stay dazed and confused. Shear logic and common sense will tell you to wash and sanitize your hands, wear protective equipment when in close proximity and don’t hug me unless you are really really lonely for human touch, and you will be ok.
    he legit reminds me of that one guy from The Office (US), Creed I think? I've only seen him in memes but his general look and attitude seem remarkably similar.

I have been so very tired the past three days. I've been getting sleep* but the majority of my mornings are spent trying to get my molasses-in-January ass moving. And this is with a 10mg dose of adderall on the morning plus some black tea.

*I accidentally took a nap yesterday afternoon and couldn't sleep so I got ~3 hours of sleep last night. I'm extra tired today but at least this one has a reason.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Press Secretary Kayleigh's opening statement: "There were supposed to be 2.2 million deaths, and we're at a point where we're far lower than that, and it's thanks to the great work of the task force, and the leadership of president Trump."

un-fucking-real

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Press Secretary Kayleigh's opening statement: "There were supposed to be 2.2 million deaths, and we're at a point where we're far lower than that, and it's thanks to the great work of the task force, and the leadership of president Trump."

un-fucking-real
    did you ever think you would feel nostalgic for shawn spicer?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

un-fucking-real
    She's fucking trash. These people need to get out soon.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

un-fucking-real
    Can someone make a supercut of that and her "I will not lie to you" comment from a few days ago?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I think the pertinent question that people need to ask themselves is how many preventable deaths are acceptable so that they can go drink etc. Keeping in my mind old people are a drain on resources (sarcasm).

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I think the pertinent question that people need to ask themselves is how many preventable deaths are acceptable so that they can go drink etc. Keeping in my mind old people are a drain on resources (sarcasm).
    When this mutates to the Phase 2 Super-Young-People-Death-Squad-Plague (like the Spanish Flu), expect half the south to drop like flies in the punchbowl.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'm just saying this for posterity: We should have listened to the medical professionals, not the politicians and preachers. This sentiment will age well.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    When this mutates to the Phase 2 Super-Young-People-Death-Squad-Plague (like the Spanish Flu), expect half the south to drop like flies in the punchbowl.
    question: who is going to fight the war then? noticed the following in the news. i guess we can consider it the fine print.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/polit...ers/index.html

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    question: who is going to fight the war then? noticed the following in the news. i guess we can consider it the fine print.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/polit...ers/index.html
    there's a lyric that's dancing half-formed in my head about sending the young off to die, can't make it sit still long enough to remember the whole thing or even what song it belongs to.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    there's a lyric that's dancing half-formed in my head about sending the young off to die, can't make it sit still long enough to remember the whole thing or even what song it belongs to.
    There’s that Country Joe and the Fish song from Woodstock, “Vietnam Song”

Well, come on all of you, big strong men,
    Uncle Sam needs your help again.
    He's got himself in a terrible jam
    Way down yonder in Vietnam
    So put down your books and pick up a gun,
    We're gonna have a whole lotta fun.

And it's one, two, three,
    What are we fighting for ?
    Don't ask me, I don't give a damn,
    Next stop is Vietnam;
    And it's five, six, seven,
    Open up the pearly gates,
    Well there ain't no time to wonder why,
    Whoopee! we're all gonna die.

Come on Wall Street, don't be slow,
    Why man, this is war au-go-go
    There's plenty good money to be made
    By supplying the Army with the tools of its trade,
    But just hope and pray that if they drop the bomb,
    They drop it on the Viet Cong.

Well, come on generals, let's move fast;
    Your big chance has come at last.
    Now you can go out and get those reds
    'Cause the only good commie is the one that's dead
    And you know that peace can only be won
    When we've blown 'em all to kingdom come.

And it's one, two, three,
    Next stop is Vietnam;
    Well there ain't no time to wonder why

Come on mothers throughout the land,
    Pack your boys off to Vietnam.
    Come on fathers, and don't hesitate
    To send your sons off before it's too late.
    And you can be the first ones in your block
    To have your boy come home in a box.

And it's one, two, three
    Next stop is Vietnam.
    Well there ain't no time to wonder why,

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I think they should lock this guy & Jeff Bezos in a room & make them listen to themselves until they pee their pants.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)